What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR CeeDee Lamb, DAL (2 Viewers)

Pro Football Focus grades Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb as the top wideout in the 2020 class.

Lamb was a star for the Sooners in his three years with the program, and it's not surprising to hear that he is an analytical darling. They grade the 6-foot-2, 189-pound wideout fifth in their class, and it's worth noting that they have a whopping 10 wideouts in their respective Top 40. "Whether it's at the line of scrimmage, as a route-runner, at the catch point or after the catch, Lamb is elite compared to his peers in every phase of the receiver position," PFF's Mike Renner writes. Lamb is just about a lock to be one of the first wideouts off the board in April.

SOURCE: Pro Football Focus

Feb 1, 2020, 12:08 PM ET

Kyler Murray doing his part to bring CeeDee Lamb to Cardinals

Quarterback Kyler Murray knows he doesn’t get to choose whom the Arizona Cardinals select with the eighth overall pick, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t trying to influence the decision. It is getting fairly clear he would love to see the Cardinals select his former teammate at Oklahoma — receiver CeeDee Lamb.

He recently told the Arizona Republic’s Bob McManaman his and Lamb’s relationship goes way back.

“Me and CeeDee have a great relationship,” Murray said. “That’s one of my boys. I would obviously be very fond of that pick. Obviously, I don’t make the choices....

“But yeah, if we pick CeeDee, that would be great. We have a very comfortable relationship. I’ve played with him, I’ve been with him for years, so yeah, I don’t think that would be a bad pick at all.”

He has apparently made his opinion clear to general manager Steve Keim.

“From my text stream, you can tell Kyler likes him,” Keim said on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.

Keim even said that the relationship with Murray could play a factor in the decision to potentially select Lamb.

“You always would also lean towards guys that you know,” he said. “If you know the person or you have confidence in who they are, through the information you obtain, it certainly gives you more confidence.”
Go to the link for the full read.

FWIW  I think the Cardinals go  O-Line over WR in the 1st.

slightly less than 6'2 and 198, not what I as hoping for, but not horrible. Basically does nothing for me...
Love that size with his skill set. He can stay at that weight or easily “mature” into more physical 210. My #1 WR. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be the guy saying he can "easily put on 10 pounds" quickly... it's hopeful for him to add weight, although I would expect that to take some time. 198 was my minimum I'd be okay with, however I am on record saying 200. This is "close enough" for me, especially considering he is slightly less than expected height. It doesn't hurt his current ranking on my list.
Yep, he was going to be off my board if he was 197.

I won't be the guy saying he can "easily put on 10 pounds" quickly... it's hopeful for him to add weight, although I would expect that to take some time. 198 was my minimum I'd be okay with, however I am on record saying 200. This is "close enough" for me, especially considering he is slightly less than expected height. It doesn't hurt his current ranking on my list.
I’ll be the guy who says a 6’2” 20 yr old will easily put on 10 pounds as he matures. Are you serious?

Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb said that it would be a "huge honor" if the Las Vegas Raiders selected him with the No. 12 pick.

Lamb (6'1/198) didn't make any waves when asked about the possibility of the Raiders selecting him at No. 12 during combine questioning on Tuesday. The Oklahoma standout is a safe bet to be drafted on Day 1 come late April's big show. His range is somewhat variable, though. Anything from a low-end top-10 selection to somewhere in the 20's could be in play depending on how he progresses through the remainder of the process.

SOURCE: Mitchell Renz on Twitter

Feb 25, 2020, 12:14 PM ET

Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb ran the 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Lamb (6'1/198) couldn't quite crack 4.50 seconds in his runs, but his official time was well within range for what was expected out of him -- if not a little faster. The Oklahoma standout excels in his after-the-catch work and is viewed widely among evaluator as either WR1 or WR2. He'll likely be hearing his name called on Day 1 of the draft come April.

SOURCE: Shane P Hallam on Twitter

Feb 27, 2020, 10:04 PM ET

An unnamed AFC WR coach told NFL Media's Bucky Brooks that Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb is "a game-changer."

It's either Lamb (6'1/198) or Alabama's Jerry Jeudy in the eyes of many when it comes to the WR1 conversation in this draft class, with Alabama's Henry Ruggs behind those two. In the case of the Oklahoma product, it's his big-play ability that stands out with some scouts/position coaches. "He's special with the ball in his hands. He can score from anywhere on the field, and that's important in a league where scoring points is the priority," the AFC WR coach told Brooks. "... I like his ball skills and overall explosiveness. He's a game-changer." Which wideout gets picked first will largely depend upon what the needs of that particular offense are, with Lamb projected to be more effective in a system that features quicker rhythm throws such as slants.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 2, 2020, 1:22 PM ET

An area scout told Bleacher Report's Matt Miller that Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb was "amazing" during Wednesday's pro day.

Lamb (6'1/198) benefitted from one of the last pro days to occur before such gatherings were put on hold as part of the collective coronavirus response effort. While he didn't test on Wednesday -- no need to after a rock-solid combine showing which saw him exit with a SPARQ score in the 70th percentile of NFL wideouts -- Lamb showed off in special fashion while running routes for QB Jalen Hurts on Wednesday. The area scout who Miller spoke with forwarded the Raiders with the No. 12 pick as a real possible landing spot for Lamb, telling the analyst, "I don't think he gets past them."

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

Mar 14, 2020, 6:06 PM ET

NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb to former Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson.

A first-team AP All-American and Biletnikoff Award finalist, Lamb (6'2/189) caught 62 passes for 1,327 yards and 14 touchdowns last season for the Sooners. Lamb is viewed as a complete, game-breaking wide receiver who displays the explosiveness NFL coaches drool over. Zierlein writes "Lamb has the potential to play any of the three receiver positions as a pro and should benefit greatly from the NFL's continued movement toward college-style passing attacks." Lamb posted a SPARQ score in the 70th percentile of NFL wide receivers at the combine. He will be either the first or second wide receiver selected in the upcoming 2020 NFL Draft.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 17, 2020, 1:58 PM ET

In his latest mock draft, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. projected the Dallas Cowboys to select Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb with the No. 17 overall pick.

While Lamb is viewed by some as the top wideout in this class, Kiper has two wide receivers going off the board before him in this newest mock -- he pegs Jerry Jeudy to the 49ers at No. 13 and Henry Ruggs to the Broncos at No. 15. Then Lamb flies off the board. NFL Media's Lance Zierlein is slightly more bullish on Lamb's landing spot in his own recent mock exercise, pushing him all the way up to the Jets at No. 11. Zierlein compares the Oklahoma standout to former Bengals WR Chad Johnson.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Mar 25, 2020, 11:35 AM ET

In his latest mock draft, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. projected the Dallas Cowboys to select Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb with the No. 17 overall pick.

While Lamb is viewed by some as the top wideout in this class, Kiper has two wide receivers going off the board before him in this newest mock -- he pegs Jerry Jeudy to the 49ers at No. 13 and Henry Ruggs to the Broncos at No. 15. Then Lamb flies off the board. NFL Media's Lance Zierlein is slightly more bullish on Lamb's landing spot in his own recent mock exercise, pushing him all the way up to the Jets at No. 11. Zierlein compares the Oklahoma standout to former Bengals WR Chad Johnson.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Mar 25, 2020, 11:35 AM ET
If this happens I would cry!

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Tears of joy because he landed on the Cowboys or tears of grief that he got into a crowded fantasy spot? 
Tears of joy because he landed on the Cowboys, I think he would/could beat out Cooper who can't stay healthy.

Tex

Maybe. Just seems like Cooper, Gallup and Lamb could be a pretty divided group like the Rams.
Dak goes through his progressions really well, who ever is open will get the ball. I do believe the Cowboys will draft a WR at some point and was thinking what if they did actually draft Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. They are going to sign Dak and want to surround him with weapons. About a month ago it was coming out of the Cowboys camp that they were trying to move up in the draft and they want to make a "big splash." So what else could that "big splash" be?

Tex

Dak goes through his progressions really well, who ever is open will get the ball. I do believe the Cowboys will draft a WR at some point and was thinking what if they did actually draft Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. They are going to sign Dak and want to surround him with weapons. About a month ago it was coming out of the Cowboys camp that they were trying to move up in the draft and they want to make a "big splash." So what else could that "big splash" be?

Tex
Interesting. I kind of like the Jeudy in the slot in Dallas role a lot

Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb did not drop a catchable pass of 20 or more yards in college.

Hat tip to Pro Football Focus on the impressive stat. Lamb (6'2/189) is expected to land as a Day 1 selection later this month and could potentially be the first receiver off the board. Just how high he might be able to climb is the real question. In a recent mock draft, NFL Media's Lance Zierlein -- who comps the wideout to Chad Johnson -- pegged the Oklahoma star to the Jets at pick No. 11. It's not completely out of the question that Lamb could sneak into the top-10 when push comes to shove.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Apr 4, 2020, 4:02 PM ET

Does anyone who has watched a lot of Lamb have any idea why his catch totals seem on the lower side? He seems built for feeding at the short-intermediate range. I know he produced a lot of huge plays (many of which looked like poor tackling on highlights, but he obvious has YAC skill) and maybe the offense focused on that. 

In a poll of 17 NFL executives by The Athletic's Bob McGinn, Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb edged out Alabama's Jerry Jeudy as the top wide receiver prospect in the 2020 draft class.

McGinn has been conducting this series for 36 years now.  He surely has ties to the inside.  Execs were asked to rank the wideouts on a 1-through-6 scale, with first-place votes getting six points, second-place getting five, and so forth.  Lamb accrued 87 points, and Jeudy came in at 86.  While none of those polled view any of the 2020 wideouts in the same light as Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones, everyone considers it to be the deepest class in recent memory.  As for Lamb, scouts are comparing him to Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin.  "You throw the ball up, he’s coming down with it," one scout said.  “Just a competitive and strong guy,” said another scout. “Almost a Boldin-type of receiver.  I don’t think he’s a superstar.  Lamb kind of maximizes what he has.”  Lamb (6'2/198) is our Hayden Winks' No. 1-ranked wideout.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Apr 15, 2020, 11:25 AM ET

Speaking with The Athletic's Bob McGinn, one scout called Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb a "no-brainer" for NFL success. 

"You throw the ball up, (Lamb)’s coming down with it. He’s got courage," the scout said, later adding that the 6-foot-2, 189-pound Oklahoma standout's verified speed at the combine -- 4.50 seconds in the 40 -- surprised him in a good way. Other scouts who McGinn spoke with waxed poetic on Lamb's hands and strength. Not everybody who McGinn touched base with was quite so positive, though, with one scout calling Lamb "wildly overrated," believing that his run-after catch prowess was overly-buoyed by the lackluster defensive efforts of the Big 12 writ large. Lamb is a good bet to go off the board in the early teens come Day 1 next Thursday, with the Raiders at No. 11 a spot which he has been linked to by multiple in-the-know parties.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Apr 15, 2020, 4:46 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread