What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR CeeDee Lamb, DAL (2 Viewers)

I’m similarly high on Lamb. In ppr I feel like he’s worth consideration at 1.1. Yes some of the YAC he demonstrated is assisted by poor tackling but other Big 12 players have been dented in evals due to poor defensive competition only to flourish in the NFL. And I’m saying that as an SEC snob. He’s a fantastic combination of smooth when weaving through traffic and nasty on contested catches. 

I’m similarly high on Lamb. In ppr I feel like he’s worth consideration at 1.1. Yes some of the YAC he demonstrated is assisted by poor tackling but other Big 12 players have been dented in evals due to poor defensive competition only to flourish in the NFL. And I’m saying that as an SEC snob. He’s a fantastic combination of smooth when weaving through traffic and nasty on contested catches. 
Agree. I do think him and Jeudy are pretty close and both offer different skills. Lamb just seems like he less dependent on the "right" offense/QB to be a factor. Regardless of "poor tackling" (and there was some of that) he runs so skillfully aggressive and that characteristic will transfer well to the next level and provide some big plays. I do think Lamb is a skilled enough route runner and his boundary catching is incredible. I just cannot get over Jeudy's footwork which is elite in my opinion. If he can pair up with a good quarterback he could end up being the next Marvin Harrison.   

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Agree. I do think him and Jeudy are pretty close and both offer different skills. Lamb just seems like he less dependent on the "right" offense/QB to be a factor. Regardless of "poor tackling" (and there was some of that) he runs so skillfully aggressive and that characteristic will transfer well to the next level and provide some big plays. I do think Lamb is a skilled enough route runner and his boundary catching is incredible. I just cannot get over Jeudy's footwork which is elite in my opinion. If he can pair up with a good quarterback he could end up being the next Marvin Harrison.   
One way that their QB can dictate their success is QBs who have to see it to throw it vs QBs who will give their WR a chance to make a play. I think Jeudy does the best with the former. He is a great fit for a conservative QB who needs to see the WR get open and likes to get rid of the ball quickly- Carr and Mariota come to mind. It's not that Lamb doesn't get open but his game really shines when targeted down field and on contested catches. A QB like Watson or Stafford who have more of a gunslinger mentality are willing to hold the ball to let WRs get down field and will give their WRs chances to make plays on the ball would help Lamb reach his peak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love for Lamb to be paired up again with Murray with ARI at 8, but that dream scenario will probably be ruined by there needs on the oline. 

Would love for Lamb to be paired up again with Murray with ARI at 8, but that dream scenario will probably be ruined by there needs on the oline. 
Would have made a lot of sense before the Nuk trade. Now I would be anything shocked if they didn't get an OT. They are so invested in Murray and the offense that it really makes sense to protect their investment.

Would have made a lot of sense before the Nuk trade. Now I would be anything shocked if they didn't get an OT. They are so invested in Murray and the offense that it really makes sense to protect their investment.
Agree, just think long term that would be the ultimate pairing for him

The Athletic's Ted Nguyen gives Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb an "A" grade for his run after catch ability.

Lamb (6'2/189) gets a few more "A" grades from Nguyen; including his ability to make contested catches and play strength. The latter helps give him that run-after-catch grade. "He looks like Jet Li single-handedly beating up an entire mob of bad guys when Lamb, with a wide array of moves, somehow finds a way to get out of seemingly impossible messes as defenders surround him from every direction," Nguyen writes. The analyst believes that Lamb is the top wide receiver in this class, and that appears to be somewhat of a consensus as we get closer and closer to the draft. 

SOURCE: The Athletic

Apr 18, 2020, 1:42 PM ET

“I really, really like CeeDee Lamb. Reason he's not WR1 for me is a lack of separation tape and limited experience vs. press coverage,” Miller wrote on Twitter. 
Meanwhile, he likes Ruggs better, who was atrocious vs press coverage...

I think he brings up a good point, but I'm just surprised he has Ruggs over Lamb if he places so much weight on that. Ruggs has experience vs press coverage and he pretty much disappeared as a result. 

Meanwhile, he likes Ruggs better, who was atrocious vs press coverage...

I think he brings up a good point, but I'm just surprised he has Ruggs over Lamb if he places so much weight on that. Ruggs has experience vs press coverage and he pretty much disappeared as a result. 
I would assume his line of thinking is that Ruggs has the speed trump card so even if he struggles with press coverage, he will still be able to use his speed to make enough big plays to outweigh that. If Lamb struggles with separation and press coverage, he might not be able to make a difference at the next level. 

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Raiders GM Mike Mayock "loves" Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb.

King elaborates, "Mayock loves him, thinks he’s the most complete receiver in the draft, and even though I think [Jon] Gruden likely would prefer the take-the-top-off speed of Henry Ruggs, he’s happy to have a true number one receiver who can win consistently against NFL-caliber corners." This is not a surprise, and the Raiders are squarely in range to find their new No. 1 receiver with two top-20 selections. Lamb has been compared to DeAndre Hopkins by many draft analysts and would likely be Las Vegas' top receiver as a rookie. Expect Lamb, Ruggs, and Jerry Jeudy to be selected within the first 20 picks this Thursday.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: NBC Sports

Apr 20, 2020, 2:26 AM ET

SI's Albert Breer reports Kyler Murray has "campaigned for" the Cardinals to take Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb with the No. 8 overall pick.

It would be so fun to watch this offense if Arizona pulled the trigger on Lamb, but there are just so many other holes on this roster, particularly along the offensive line. Most believe the Cardinals will take one of the big four tackle prospects. Still, pairing Lamb with DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, and Christian Kirk in four-wide sets would be electric. The Cardinals also have early- and mid-round 2019 picks Hakeem Butler, Andy Isabella, and KeeSean Johnson on the team. Lamb, of course, played with Murray at Oklahoma.

RELATED: 

Arizona Cardinals

SOURCE: Sports Illustrated

Apr 20, 2020, 8:10 PM ET

ESPN's Josina Anderson says Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb has spoken with San Francisco 49ers WR coach Wes Welker. 

It is not much of a secret that the 49ers are in the market for a top wide receiver. With Emmanuel Sanders and (potentially) Marquise Goodwin out the door, San Francisco needs to retool the passing offense to help out QB Jimmy Garoppolo. Though HC Kyle Shanahan has said before that a dominant WR is not always necessary, it's tough to imagine he would not want one, especially given his best season as a play caller was when he had Julio Jones at X. Keep an eye out for the 49ers if Lamb is still on the board when their pick at 13th overall approaches. 

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Apr 23, 2020, 2:43 PM ET

ESPN's Josina Anderson confirms the Raiders "really like" Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb. 

It's confirmation of what NBC's Peter King reported earlier this week. The Raiders have long been desperate for a playmaker at wideout, and there is not a more explosive receiver with higher upside in this year's draft than Lamb. The first of the Raiders' two first-rounders comes at No. 12. Lamb has been (loosely) connected to the Cardinals at No. 8. 

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter 

Apr 23, 2020, 4:32 PM ET

Cowboys selected Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb with the No. 17 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Lamb (6’2/198) was a three-year starting outside receiver at Oklahoma who earned consensus All-American honors as a true junior by posting a 62/1,324/14 receiving line. He easily led the draft class in yards per target (15.1) and yards after the catch (11.0), seamlessly dodging would-be tacklers in open space. He wins at the line of scrimmage with quick feet and finishes off plays with in-air adjustments, drawing comparisons to DeAndre Hopkins. In the NFL, Lamb will be utilized in the screen game and on vertical routes as an all-around go-to WR1 despite being an average-sized wideout with 4.50 speed. His elite production, ball skills, and after-the-catch magic give Lamb top-10 receiver potential from Day 1. All of his production came at a young age as he'll only be 21 years old as a rookie.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:18 PM ET

My favorite WR, and while there are some barriers short term I'll probably still prioritize him. Will just take some additional patience. 

I love that he went to Dallas. The draft thread already shows he will fall due to him playing behind Cooper. This smells like a Juju and AJ Brown type situation. 

This may just bump Cooper down, as someone who has top picks in Dyno this year I'm taking CeeDee with no hesitations. He's still #1 at the position on my board.

Tex

In the only draft where I have a high enough pick to get Lamb I have 1.1, 1.3, and 1.5. I probably won't risk letting him get past 1.3, even though he may very well fall to 5 with the landing spot (unless the RB landing spots are just too good). I really like him landing in Dallas. Just feels like fireworks. 

Still high on him for dynasty. Gallup is a decent player, but no CDL.

And as has been said numerous times...Cooper won't be there for too much longer (in dynasty terms).

When Jerry thinks Cooper/Lamb I believe he sees Irvin/Harper.

Still high on him for dynasty. Gallup is a decent player, but no CDL.

And as has been said numerous times...Cooper won't be there for too much longer (in dynasty terms).

When Jerry thinks Cooper/Lamb I believe he sees Irvin/Harper.
I really wasn't planning on taking Lamb based on where I thought he was going to be on rookie boards for my teams, but now I think this is my hardest question to answer before next week when I draft. I want to avoid based on what I think is a terrible landing spot, but I have a feeling he slides to me at like 1.07, 1.08. Is that crazy? I'm getting the sense a lot of people don't want to make the AJ Brown mistake and *won't* let him slide, in which case I'll be happy. I was really hoping to ship Gallup after this draft, too. Now I fear he will be dead weight on my roster unless I can package him.

Does anyone think this means Gallup could be trade bait now? ****I mean for the Cowboys not fantasy****

I'm going to draft him just for the way he snatched that phone away from that girl trying to get up in his business....😃

I will say its not a good sign for Zeke owners. As is, that team relied to much on Dak and not enough on Zeke last year. Now Jerry has a new toy (all be it a great one) to throw to. Zeke got all that money, and the team was built around that line and running game...and yet I expect another 5000 yards from Dak...but as well as he did last year with his passing stats, the team was average in every way.   

I don't think Gallup will be traded.

I still see no way Lamb slips to 7 in rookie drafts.
I agree. Most of the FF services I've seen (including the FBG losers/winners email from today) are holding fast on Lamb's value. I know not everyone will take their cues from those writeups, but I don't perceive that industry folks are dinging him much.

2020 NFL Draft: Varying QB philosophies among lessons learned

Excerpt:

Dallas Cowboys: WR CeeDee Lamb. When the Cowboys re-signed Amari Cooper to a lucrative extension, the team's work at wide receiver appeared to be done. However, Lamb's surprising draft-day slide put the Oklahoma star squarely in the team's crosshairs, and Jerry Jones bypassed more pressing needs to add another point scorer to the lineup. Lamb is a natural WR1 with extraordinary ball skills, hand-eye coordination and running ability. He is a rare playmaker capable of snagging 50-50 balls along the boundary or taking a bubble screen the distance. With Ezekiel Elliott commanding attention as the Cowboys' primary offensive weapon, Lamb could join Cooper and Michael Gallup in the 1,000-yard club, with defenses forced to pick their poison when determining whether to stop the run or pass.

:lol:

How I see it is that 4 RBs will go ahead of him, then it's a matter of where you have Jeudy, Akers, Lamb. I may even watch Vaughn go ahead of him in one league I think. 

Personally, I see Lamb dropping is a bargain, and almost as great of a deal as AJB was last year 
where did dr dan go

:lol:

How I see it is that 4 RBs will go ahead of him, then it's a matter of where you have Jeudy, Akers, Lamb. I may even watch Vaughn go ahead of him in one league I think. 

Personally, I see Lamb dropping is a bargain, and almost as great of a deal as AJB was last year 
Could be incredible value for Lamb. People are hesitant because they think the landing spot is bad bit I believe the Cowboys have the most or 2nd most vacated targets in the league. Cobb and Witten combined for 118 receptions, 1,367 yards and 7 TDs. 

Users who are viewing this thread