What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DK Metcalf, SEA (1 Viewer)

Yeah, hoping Geno isn't turning into a pumpkin as we head towards Halloween - that was a pretty bad showing all around yesterday against a very poor defense..

That was pretty awful
At some point people should expect Geno Smith to play like Geno Smith, right?

Gonna be a bumpy ride ROS.

Chargers, Giants, Cards, Bucs, Raiders, Rams - not the easiest schedule. Cards & Panthers should be light sledding, but Niners and Chiefs after that will be tough.

Just re-affirms my belief that both Lockett and Metcalf are boom-bust WR2/3's ROS...Geno was never going to be 300 and 3 every week.

That was pretty awful
At some point people should expect Geno Smith to play like Geno Smith, right?

Gonna be a bumpy ride ROS.

Chargers, Giants, Cards, Bucs, Raiders, Rams - not the easiest schedule. Cards & Panthers should be light sledding, but Niners and Chiefs after that will be tough.

Just re-affirms my belief that both Lockett and Metcalf are boom-bust WR2/3's ROS...Geno was never going to be 300 and 3 every week.
How many QB's in the entire league can be expected to go 300/3 every week? Josh Allen, Mahomes, and that's it... Maybe Hurts but he's more likely to put up points with his legs than via his receivers.

DK Metcalf caught one pass for 12 yards on two targets before exiting Week 7 against the Chargers with a knee injury.

Game-watchers didn't seem to see anything happen to Metcalf necessarily, and he hopped on a cart on the sideline. Some were thinking he was maybe going to use the bathroom again, as he did a few weeks back. Instead, the Seahawks' official Twitter account quickly announced Metcalf would not return. Just a brutal sequence of events in a game mist expected to be a shootout. Tyler Lockett, Marquise Goodwin, and Dee Eskridge will handle wideout duties the rest of the way.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I just want to see him healthy. I know if he misses a couple weeks that some folks will raise their fists because it impacts their teams but I'm happy he didn't tear a ligament and miss the rest of the season, that's all that matters this morning after watching him on a cart yesterday.

Last edited:
John Boyle
@johnpboyle
·
1m

Pete Carroll said on
@SeattleSports
on DK Metcalf: "We got a really good report this morning. He does not need surgery. He hurt his patellar tendon some… It’s a great report."
Not sure what this really means in terms of missed time, especially considering the typical optimism of Carroll, but at least sounds promising.
If it’s a sprained PCL (which it sounds like) then it’s likely 10 days to 2 weeks if mild, 2-4 weeks if more severe.

As Carroll said it won’t require surgery, that sounds like a sprain to me.

That he was carted to the locker room rather than walked, it could be more of a moderate to severe sprain.

I’d say 2-3 weeks is a good guesstimate as any. I doubt the Seahawks tell us anything more specific - just Pollyanna Carroll every week saying, “he’s doing some things, trying to get ready (chew chew chew). We like the progress we’re seeing (chew chew) and we hope to see Deek on the field (Chew chew chew) soon.”

(Chew chew chew chew chew chew chew)

I wonder if he feels it’s more moderate to severe because he was carted to the locker room, rather than walking there.

He said that part is TBD - and gave timelines for mild (2 weeks) to severe (4-6+) outcomes. We'll have to see if the team sheds more light - probably not likely any time soon.

Wow - he has a much longer time-frame than I’d thought.

I wonder if he feels it’s more moderate to severe because he was carted to the locker room, rather than walking there.
🤔

4-6 weeks would be tough for DKM shareholders. I still think there’s a chance he avoids the IR, but he’s the doctor.

4-6 weeks?

"The Seattle Seahawks will not have to go much longer without wide receiver DK Metcalf, according to coach Pete Carroll."

Just quoting from the linked article but it's Yahoo so it's likely worthless

🤔

4-6 weeks would be tough for DKM shareholders. I still think there’s a chance he avoids the IR, but he’s the doctor.

4-6 weeks?

"The Seattle Seahawks will not have to go much longer without wide receiver DK Metcalf, according to coach Pete Carroll."

Not at all worthless. Connecting data points...

- YouTube doc claims 2 weeks for mild patellar injury ... or up to 4-6+ for severe.

- YouTube doc admits he has no idea if this is mild or severe.

- Pete Carroll seemingly indicating the team doctors believe it's minor.

🤔

4-6 weeks?

I doubt he practices this week. Or does anything. Players always say that.

He’s out a week at least. If it’s mild he could be back the following week.

Fortunately for shareholders, the Seahawks BYE isn’t until 11, so they won’t do a “precautionary hold him out until after the BYE” as sometimes happens.

Unless of course it’s more severe & the 4-6 timeframe is accurate.

Speaking Monday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll refused to rule out DK Metcalf (knee) for Week 8 against the Giants.​

"I'm going to leave it wide open," Carrol said. "I can't call it." Carroll always always always views injuries through rose-colored glasses, so take this with a gigantic grain of salt. The vibes around Metcalf have been good since he was carted from Sunday's game, however, and it sounds like he could avoid injured reserve. Carroll did say Metcalf is going to get a few days off this week, so we wouldn't expect him to practice, and we'd ultimately be surprised if he plays Sunday. The Seahawks have a Week 11 bye, so take that for what it's worth.
SOURCE: Gregg Bell on Twitter
Oct 24, 2022, 6:34 PM ET

John Boyle
@johnpboyle
·
1m

Pete Carroll said on
@SeattleSports
on DK Metcalf: "We got a really good report this morning. He does not need surgery. He hurt his patellar tendon some… It’s a great report."
Not sure what this really means in terms of missed time, especially considering the typical optimism of Carroll, but at least sounds promising.
If it’s a sprained PCL (which it sounds like) then it’s likely 10 days to 2 weeks if mild, 2-4 weeks if more severe.

As Carroll said it won’t require surgery, that sounds like a sprain to me.

That he was carted to the locker room rather than walked, it could be more of a moderate to severe sprain.

I’d say 2-3 weeks is a good guesstimate as any. I doubt the Seahawks tell us anything more specific - just Pollyanna Carroll every week saying, “he’s doing some things, trying to get ready (chew chew chew). We like the progress we’re seeing (chew chew) and we hope to see Deek on the field (Chew chew chew) soon.”

(Chew chew chew chew chew chew chew)
Great imitation of Carroll. Couldn't help but laugh.

Carroll: DK wants to play this week against the Giants.

Calm down this beast. Practice Wednesday? Wednesday!?!? C'mon now. DK, you are not actually a superhero. Or are you?

I don’t know that about when he can get back; I don’t really even have a clue on that one,” Carroll said, via John Boyle of the team website. “But I know he’s really anxious to try to make his way back. In his mind, he wants to try to practice Wednesday. I don’t even know if that’s even possible. He’s still pretty sore today, but because there’s no immediate process to go to as far as surgery and stuff like that, they’ve got to see how he responds to the treatment and see what happens.”

Carroll is not ruling out Metcalf, who has played all 56 games in his four-year career.

“I don’t know that,” Carroll said when asked if it was unlikely Metcalf plays. “I’m going to leave it wide open. I know what he wants to do, so I’m going to kind of follow him a little bit on this one. I can’t call it. Give us a couple of days to let it cool down and see what’s going on. He won’t get extensive work on Wednesday, regardless. We’re going got take care of him and make sure we’re doing the right thing, and we’ll just see. Unfortunately, we don’t know.”

Carroll: DK wants to play this week against the Giants.

Calm down this beast. Practice Wednesday? Wednesday!?!? C'mon now. DK, you are not actually a superhero. Or are you?

I don’t know that about when he can get back; I don’t really even have a clue on that one,” Carroll said, via John Boyle of the team website. “But I know he’s really anxious to try to make his way back. In his mind, he wants to try to practice Wednesday. I don’t even know if that’s even possible. He’s still pretty sore today, but because there’s no immediate process to go to as far as surgery and stuff like that, they’ve got to see how he responds to the treatment and see what happens.”

Carroll is not ruling out Metcalf, who has played all 56 games in his four-year career.

“I don’t know that,” Carroll said when asked if it was unlikely Metcalf plays. “I’m going to leave it wide open. I know what he wants to do, so I’m going to kind of follow him a little bit on this one. I can’t call it. Give us a couple of days to let it cool down and see what’s going on. He won’t get extensive work on Wednesday, regardless. We’re going got take care of him and make sure we’re doing the right thing, and we’ll just see. Unfortunately, we don’t know.”
Cmon. He’s not playing Sunday.

Sorry if I'm violating some rules, but how much FAAB would you drop on DK Metcalf in a league where you don't really need him but like the luxury pick upside. 12 man PPR. Would have to probably drop Mattison for him to make room. Maybe this question helps others in the same situation in leagues where people dropped him yesterday out of fear of patella destruction and Pete's overly optimistic injury lies.

Sorry if I'm violating some rules, but how much FAAB would you drop on DK Metcalf in a league where you don't really need him but like the luxury pick upside. 12 man PPR. Would have to probably drop Mattison for him to make room. Maybe this question helps others in the same situation in leagues where people dropped him yesterday out of fear of patella destruction and Pete's overly optimistic injury lies.
Probably all of it. A few weeks from now, its well within reason he's a top-10 WR. I can't believe he was cut in any league with more than 8 teams.

Carroll often paints a rosy picture, but usually its countered by beat writers and what-not. In this case, it seems like everyone is in agreement this wasn't a major injury. Might only miss 1-2 games, and worst case he sits through the bye.

You know your league best, but in my 12-team league, the top waiver WRs are guys like Parris Campbell, or Wan'Dale Robinson a week ago. Metcalf being out there, even with the possibility of only playing in 6 games for you, seems hard to pass up to me.

Probably all of it. A few weeks from now, its well within reason he's a top-10 WR. I can't believe he was cut in any league with more than 8 teams.

Carroll often paints a rosy picture, but usually its countered by beat writers and what-not. In this case, it seems like everyone is in agreement this wasn't a major injury. Might only miss 1-2 games, and worst case he sits through the bye.

You know your league best, but in my 12-team league, the top waiver WRs are guys like Parris Campbell, or Wan'Dale Robinson a week ago. Metcalf being out there, even with the possibility of only playing in 6 games for you, seems hard to pass up to me.
Thanks. This turned out to be solid advice because the person in my league who won DK did so with a 52% FAAB bid. I agree with all of your points.

I can't believe he was cut either since it's such a sharp league in so many ways. The person who cut him must have panicked when they saw the injury happen. Coincidentally, that owner is also at the bottom of the standings.

This is the same league that also dropped DJ Moore the other day and I got him for 23% FAAB, so wacky things can happen, even in an otherwise good league.

DK Metcalf (knee) is questionable for Week 8 against the Giants.​

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport previously reported that it would be a surprise for Metcalf to play this week. Seattle's alpha receiver will give it a go over the weekend, though the odds are still against him playing versus the Giants. Be on the lookout for Metcalf to be ruled out via a tweet from Rapoport or Adam Schefter early on Sunday morning. Tyler Lockett, who is also questionable, will get a significant boost in targets if he plays and Metcalf sits.
Oct 28, 2022, 4:31 PM ET

🤔

4-6 weeks?

Not at all worthless. Connecting data points...

- YouTube doc claims 2 weeks for mild patellar injury ... or up to 4-6+ for severe.

- YouTube doc admits he has no idea if this is mild or severe.

- Pete Carroll seemingly indicating the team doctors believe it's minor.
This is Pete Carrol and the Seahawks we are talking about. They have a history of downplaying injuries.

He's playing according to Schefter
Wish he would rest it, but if he does play, my guess is that he’s a decoy.
That's certainly possible, but I think its also possible that Pete Carroll was actually telling the truth, and its just not that bad an injury.

My money would be on 20 snaps or so, probably redzone and 3rd downs. Still, even with that workload, he's probably a WR3 this week, with decent TD odds.

This is what worries me, for you guys starting him interested to hear who you are sitting him for.
Starting DJ Moore, Pittman and Jeudy over DK. Not really feeling it for any of the others, but just not feeling it for DK today just off that injury. Hope I’m wrong and he balls out so I feel better going forward.

This is what worries me, for you guys starting him interested to hear who you are sitting him for.
sorry to barge in but i couldnt help over reading your conversation, im thinking of starting Metcalf over Antonio Gibson at my flex .
My reasoning is ,why would he play at all if he was at risk of injuring himself again, im guessing he was hurt last week but not really injured ,give him a shot in the knee and let him go

sorry to barge in but i couldnt help over reading your conversation, im thinking of starting Metcalf over Antonio Gibson at my flex .
My reasoning is ,why would he play at all if he was at risk of injuring himself again, im guessing he was hurt last week but not really injured ,give him a shot in the knee and let him go
Appreciate the input my friend, I’m stuck looking at a GB receiver over him so great to hear these.

Keep in mind that DK is “expected” to play, albeit per Schefter. He’s playing in the late game, so if he doesn’t go, make sure to have an adequate replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread