What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Eric Decker - Retired (1 Viewer)

Im sure this will work out as well as it did for Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace when they took the big money along with playing with a bad QB.
Except he didn't really get "big money", he's being paid just less than Brian Hartline...
Please explain how 36 million over 5 years with 15 million guaranteed is less than 30 million over 5 years with 12.5 million guaranteed. :bs:
Decker has a 2 years/$15M deal, Hartline got a 2 years/$12.7M deal. It's close.

Im sure this will work out as well as it did for Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace when they took the big money along with playing with a bad QB.
Except he didn't really get "big money", he's being paid just less than Brian Hartline...
Please explain how 36 million over 5 years with 15 million guaranteed is less than 30 million over 5 years with 12.5 million guaranteed. :bs:
That is not what he said though.

That is not what he said though.
Made a mistake, apologies.

He still ain't getting VJax and Wallace money though

Rotoworld:

ESPN New York expects Eric Decker to be amongst the league leaders in targets.
The reasons are obvious. The Jets have a ramshackle receiver corps beyond their new No. 1, and an equally raw and uninspiring group of tight ends. Decker is going to sorely miss catching passes from Peyton Manning, but could indeed improve on the 137 looks he drew a season ago. That was good for 18th in the league. Decker is a borderline WR2 for fantasy purposes.

Source: ESPN New York

Decker seems to be flying under the radar. Fantasy circles don't give him enough credit for his production in Denver. He's actually a good receiver, and he contributed to the Broncos offense and will do so in New York. If he leads the league in targets as Rich Cimini suggests, Decker will easily out produce his ADP. His owner gets a solid WR2 for a WR3 price.

Stink disagrees.

Jets fans excited to see new wide receiver Eric Decker might want to take a deep breath after hearing what ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth had to say.

Schlereth, a three-time Super Bowl winning lineman and former Bronco, said Jets fans will be disappointed with what they will get from Decker, the team’s new No. 1 wide receiver.

“Decker in my mind was your fourth option in Denver and that’s the talent I think he has,” Schlereth said on 98.7 ESPN Radio. “I think he’s a marginal No. 2 at best.”

Schlereth said Decker benefitted from the Broncos’ system the last two years, when he had 85 and 87 catches. He said teams had to cover Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas and Wes Welker last year, leaving Decker open.

“The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week,” Schlereth said. “New York will go crazy watching him be covered 1-on-1 and incomplete passes, throwing his arms up, begging for flags. I’m telling you New York, get ready, begging for flags like, ‘I was interfered with. That’s the only reason I didn’t catch that ball’ every play and then tripping over his own feet. Going for a big play and all of a sudden the turf monster gets him, bam, sniper, down. It will drive you crazy. It will absolutely drive you crazy.”

Schlereth was asked if new Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is better.

“They’re not even in the same stratosphere. It’s not close,” Schlereth said. “It’s not that he’s a bad player. He’s not a bad player. He’s just a product of that offense. I think what you’ll see is … what did he have like 87, 90 catches something like that last year? You’ll see him in the 40 range, 40-50 range, tops.”
LOL @ the bolded.

Stink disagrees.

Jets fans excited to see new wide receiver Eric Decker might want to take a deep breath after hearing what ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth had to say.Schlereth, a three-time Super Bowl winning lineman and former Bronco, said Jets fans will be disappointed with what they will get from Decker, the team’s new No. 1 wide receiver.

“Decker in my mind was your fourth option in Denver and that’s the talent I think he has,” Schlereth said on 98.7 ESPN Radio. “I think he’s a marginal No. 2 at best.”

Schlereth said Decker benefitted from the Broncos’ system the last two years, when he had 85 and 87 catches. He said teams had to cover Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas and Wes Welker last year, leaving Decker open.

“The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week,” Schlereth said. “New York will go crazy watching him be covered 1-on-1 and incomplete passes, throwing his arms up, begging for flags. I’m telling you New York, get ready, begging for flags like, ‘I was interfered with. That’s the only reason I didn’t catch that ball’ every play and then tripping over his own feet. Going for a big play and all of a sudden the turf monster gets him, bam, sniper, down. It will drive you crazy. It will absolutely drive you crazy.”

Schlereth was asked if new Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is better.

“They’re not even in the same stratosphere. It’s not close,” Schlereth said. “It’s not that he’s a bad player. He’s not a bad player. He’s just a product of that offense. I think what you’ll see is … what did he have like 87, 90 catches something like that last year? You’ll see him in the 40 range, 40-50 range, tops.”
LOL @ the bolded.
wow he sounds like a moron.

that's just hate right there. Decker wasn't some scrub in college that came out of no where to produce just because Manning showed up. He might not match last year's numbers, but 40-50 tops in 16 games (assuming health) is just silly.

The Jets passing situation is nowhere near as sexy as Denver's. Geno Smith isn't Peyton Manning. But I agree with others here that Decker has gotten overlooked as the WR2 he is and has been going at WR3 prices.

Jets really don't have anyone of Decker's recieving talent to steal his thunder. I expect Decker to be a target whore. By sheer volume of throws, I'd not be surprised to see him match his production last year with Manning. He's finally "the guy" in his offense, and nobody ever doubted his ability as a reciever.

The Jets passing situation is nowhere near as sexy as Denver's. Geno Smith isn't Peyton Manning. But I agree with others here that Decker has gotten overlooked as the WR2 he is and has been going at WR3 prices.

Jets really don't have anyone of Decker's recieving talent to steal his thunder. I expect Decker to be a target whore. By sheer volume of throws, I'd not be surprised to see him match his production last year with Manning. He's finally "the guy" in his offense, and nobody ever doubted his ability as a reciever.
Am I the only one that seen him produce just fine with Tebow?

Rotoworld:

The right hamstring Eric Decker injured during Sunday's loss at Green Bay is the same one that nagged him throughout training camp.

Recurring hamstring woes are major issues for wide receivers. Decker is headed for further testing on Monday to determine the severity, but this pull is believed to be more severe than his training camp one. If the ex-Bronco has to miss time, Geno Smith will have Jeremy Kerley and David Nelson as his top wideouts. The Jets host the Bears in Week 3.

Sep 15 - 7:50 AM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker - WR - Jets

Jets coach Rex Ryan was vague Monday when asked if Eric Decker (hamstring) would play in Week 3.

The Jets face the Bears in their next game, Week 3 on Monday Night Football. "We don't know," said Ryan. "We'll see. Hopefully he'll be ready to roll on Monday." The long week helps, but our hope is the Jets don't push Decker to play if he's not near 100 percent. This is an aggravation of an August injury.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Sep 15 - 4:57 PM

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN New York, Eric Decker (hamstring) remains "on pace" to play in Monday night's game against the Bears despite missing Wednesday's practice.

Coach Rex Ryan said Wednesday he's "confident" Decker "will be ready ... but I should say I guess I’m hopeful that (Decker) will play." Decker may get in very little practice time ahead of Monday night's game, but the extra day to prepare should help. Although Decker has been a WR2 to this point, he should be treated more along the lines of a WR3 option this week due to the injury.

Sep 17 - 8:41 PM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker - WR - Jets

Eric Decker (hamstring) remained sidelined at Jets practice Friday.

Coach Rex Ryan remains confident Decker will be available Monday night against the Bears, and says Decker doesn't have to practice to play. With few pass-game alternates outside of Jeremy Kerley in the Jets-Bears game to hold in case Decker misses, owners with other WR3 options would be wise to plug them in over Decker. It'd be nice to see Decker practice Saturday afternoon.

Sep 19 - 1:55 PM

Am I the only one that seen him produce just fine with Tebow?
During the first four weeks of that season, Decker caught 20 passes for 270 yards and 4 touchdowns when Kyle Orton was at quarterback. That put him on pace for an 80-1,080-16 statline over a full season.

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Monday night's game against the Bears.

Decker was able to get in a limited practice on Saturday, and coach Rex Ryan is confident he'll be available this week. His status is shaping up as a game-time decision, and may not be known until Monday night. Decker should be considered a high-risk WR3. Jeremy Kerley would likely lead the Jets in targets if Decker is held out.

Sep 20 - 2:48 PM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker - WR - Jets

Eric Decker (hamstring) remains a true game-time decision for Monday night against the Bears.

Even if he plays, you have to wonder how effective he'll be," said beat writer Manish Mehta. Decker did get a limited practice in on Saturday, giving owners some hope. He'll likely test the hammy out in pregame with trainers before making a final call. If Decker can go and is anywhere near 100 percent, he'll have a very tasty matchup against a Charles Tillman-less Bears secondary.

Sep 22 - 12:46 PM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker - WR - Jets

Eric Decker told ESPN sideline reporter Lisa Salters that he'll play in Monday night's game against the Bears.

"I feel good," Decker said. "I'm up." Decker tested his hamstring about 2.5 hours before kickoff, and tentatively plans to play tonight. However, it's fair to wonder just how involved he'll be. Decker will likely see plenty of Tim Jennings and Kyle Fuller, who are no slouches. We'd consider him a high-risk WR3. But owners who already have Decker plugged in lineups really have nowhere to turn.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 22 - 6:13 PM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker exited Monday night's game against the Bears after aggravating his hamstring injury and is questionable to return.

Decker was noticeably still battling the pulled hammy and playing sparingly throughout the first half. He caught his lone target for 19 yards before heading to the sideline. We're not expecting to see Decker back in this one.

Sep 22 - 10:21 PM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker - WR - Jets

Eric Decker (hamstring) said he pulled himself out of Monday night's loss to the Bears because of a "tight feeling that wouldn't loosen up."

Decker says he did not suffer a setback on Monday night. "It was to the point where it wasn't loosening up, and instead of doing something stupid and really hurting something down the road I decided to pull myself and give myself a chance," he said. In other words, Decker's hamstring did not get worse by playing 14 snaps Monday. He'll likely be a game-time decision again for Week 4 against the Lions.

Source: New York Post

Sep 23 - 9:43 AM

Rotoworld:

Coach Rex Ryan admitted that Eric Decker (hamstring) will "probably be limited a little bit" in Sunday's game against the Lions.

Decker practiced on Friday for the first time since pulling his hammy in Week 2. The concern is that a Jets team desperate for pass-game playmakers is putting him out there at far less than 100 percent and just praying. Decker was active last week, but pulled himself out after 12 snaps. He's shaping up as a very risky fantasy play Sunday because his floor is zero points.

Sep 26 - 6:49 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini expects Eric Decker (hamstring) to be a "situational player" against the Lions.

Decker is fully expected to be active for Week 4 after managing to play just 12 snaps last Monday night. Cimini says to look for Decker on third downs and in three-wide packages on Sunday. He's too much of a risk. If owners have any other reasonable receiver options, we'd advise playing them over Decker. Decker's floor is zero fantasy points, as he could be used as more of a decoy.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Sep 28 - 10:25 AM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker caught four passes for 48 yards and a score against the Lions Week 4.

Despite reports before the game he would be limited, Decker led the Jets in targets, and did not appear to be hampered by his balky hamstring. He is likely to be limited again in practice this week, but should be good to go against the Chargers Week 5. Decker is on pace for 56 catches for 816 yards and eight scores his first season in New York.

Sep 28 - 5:09 PM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker was downgraded from "limited" to "DNP" on Thursday after feeling renewed tightness in his hamstring.

This is getting ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where the Jets simply have to let Decker rest, but with their season on the brink at 1-3, they're still "hopeful" he can give it a go against the Chargers. "Even in a limited role, you want your best players out there," were the words of coach Rex Ryan on Thursday. If Decker does indeed suit up, he'll be a high-risk WR3 in danger of another aggravation. The situation couldn't have unfolded much worse for owners who thought they were getting a mid-round, WR2 steal in the former Bronco.

Oct 2 - 1:58 PM

I think deckers going to be pretty good for the jets and fantasy this year at some point but don't see how you start him until hes well over this injury... They should have held him out 2 weeks ago...

Rotoworld:

Jets declared Eric Decker (hamstring) inactive for Sunday's Week 5 game at San Diego.

After suffering a setback during practice, the Jets will wisely hold Decker out with this lingering soft-tissue injury. The good news is that he did warm up prior to the game and appeared to really be close to playing. Decker will have a shot to play in a revenge spot against the Broncos Week 6. The rest of the Jets inactives: TJ Barnes, Dakota Dozier, A.J. Edds, Kenrick Ellis, Ben Ijalana and Chris Owusu. David Nelson and Jeremy Kerley will be Geno Smith's top "weapons."

Oct 5 - 3:12 PM

I grabbed Decker off waivers this weekend and now I have to decide whether to drop him, Crowell, or Hyde for a defense to play.

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker - WR - Jets

Jets coach Rex Ryan said Eric Decker (hamstring) is "tentatively expected" to play in Week 6 against the Broncos.

Sitting out Week 5, Decker may have been targeting this "revenge" game against his old Broncos teammates to make his return. Still at risk of in-game setbacks, Decker will not be an advisable fantasy start versus a Broncos pass defense that has been shutting down enemy No. 1 receivers since the season began.

Oct 10 - 1:02 PM

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker played 57-of-63 snaps in Sunday's loss to the Broncos.

Decker returned to a full-time role after sitting out Week 5. He didn't appear to suffer any setbacks, but was limited in Monday and Tuesday's practices. Decker will just be a WR3 for Thursday night's game against Darrelle Revis and the Patriots.

Oct 14 - 11:29 AM

I don't own him but for some reason I think he has a good day today.

He's been catching all the TD's as it was..

Looking good so far getting separation from Revis, although Revis clearly isn't the same guy anymore. Decker's hammy doesn't seem to be an issue.

Rotoworld:

Eric Decker caught three passes for 24 yards in Sunday's Week 10 win over the Steelers.

On a day the Jets dominated from start to finish, Michael Vick was forced to attempt just 18 passes. Decker was running crisp routes and getting open at will, but saw just four targets -- the lone miss coming on an unsuccessful wide receiver screen. Decker will be a WR3 with some upside thanks to Vick's natural ability when the Jets come out of their bye. The entire offense is boosted by Geno Smith being on the sideline.

Nov 9 - 4:28 PM

I'm feeling Decker as a sneaky play in the dome this week. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though. Buffalo has a pretty good rush defense. If you guys are considering him, I'd be curious to hear who he's in the running with. I'd be playing him over V-Jax. Jackson's matchup with Chicago isn't scary at all, but the forecast looks terrible and he's pretty much been a stiff lately.

was thinking about using him as well. I like that the game got moved so he went from no chance to start for me to being strongly considered. I have an open WR3 spot with him, John Brown, Cecil Shorts and Michael Floyd all in contention.

was thinking about using him as well. I like that the game got moved so he went from no chance to start for me to being strongly considered. I have an open WR3 spot with him, John Brown, Cecil Shorts and Michael Floyd all in contention.
I have Floyd as well. Not even considering him. Yes, he caught 2 TDs last week... on two catches. He was invisible three weeks in a row prior to that, and now he'll have Sherman stuck to him in the rain if Fitz can't go. No thanks. Shorts is intriguing. He gets a crap-ton of targets and you have to think they'll be playing from a large deficit all day.

Users who are viewing this thread