What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Gabriel Davis, JAC (1 Viewer)

What is your definition of “not TD dependent”?

If Diggs didn’t catch his TD, he was only 7/9 for 79 yards.

Is he TD dependent too?
And Allen underthrew Diggs too, but only by enough to score rolling in. Such shenanigans by Allen preferring Diggs, that's rasicm! Or Davisism or some other 2022 construct!
Pro tip: all FF players are TD dependent.

Because scoring TDs helps.

I know this is advanced metrics stuff, but…

Who the heck would be selling after that 1st game? Yeah 5 targets isn’t the greatest, but come on game script kept targets low. I very much prefer the snap % of this game. Clearly Gabe will be on the field and catching balls going forward.
I would. But if I get the right offer I'd sell my gram gram.

Davis an ascending talent and he's likely to fetch a premium well beyond his actual on-field worth in dynasty leagues. Young breakout guys like this tend to go for premium prices based on ceiling rather than expectations. I was offered Pierce and a 2nd for him in preseason and passed because Pierce is relatively risky long-term in dynasty leagues due to the talent/draft capital equation. If people are valuing him as a top 10 dynasty WR asset (not sure if it was here I saw that or DLF) then that puts him on the same plane as the "old" premium RB's like Cook/Mixon - sign me up. And I could totally see a rebuilder ready to move a 28 year old RB for a 24 year old ascending WR, happens all the time. I'd happily take 2-3 years of Mixon or Dalvin over the risk Davis plays 2nd fiddle to Diggs until he's a UFA and changes teams and ends up with Flacco as his QB.

What is your definition of “not TD dependent”?

If Diggs didn’t catch his TD, he was only 7/9 for 79 yards.

Is he TD dependent too?
And Allen underthrew Diggs too, but only by enough to score rolling in. Such shenanigans by Allen preferring Diggs, that's rasicm! Or Davisism or some other 2022 construct!
Pro tip: all FF players are TD dependent.

Because scoring TDs helps.

I know this is advanced metrics stuff, but…
But he only had 5 target . . .

Who the heck would be selling after that 1st game? Yeah 5 targets isn’t the greatest, but come on game script kept targets low. I very much prefer the snap % of this game. Clearly Gabe will be on the field and catching balls going forward.
I would. But if I get the right offer I'd sell my gram gram.

Davis an ascending talent and he's likely to fetch a premium well beyond his actual on-field worth in dynasty leagues. Young breakout guys like this tend to go for premium prices based on ceiling rather than expectations. I was offered Pierce and a 2nd for him in preseason and passed because Pierce is relatively risky long-term in dynasty leagues due to the talent/draft capital equation. If people are valuing him as a top 10 dynasty WR asset (not sure if it was here I saw that or DLF) then that puts him on the same plane as the "old" premium RB's like Cook/Mixon - sign me up. And I could totally see a rebuilder ready to move a 28 year old RB for a 24 year old ascending WR, happens all the time. I'd happily take 2-3 years of Mixon or Dalvin over the risk Davis plays 2nd fiddle to Diggs until he's a UFA and changes teams and ends up with Flacco as his QB.
I think most people in Dynasty and in a “win now” mode would do those trades. However, I’m not sure the opposite side gives that much for Davis. If they do, awesome and smash accept!

In redraft though, I can’t see myself trading him at this point. It’s a hard HOLD for me.

Davis is a big time fantasy asset…you have two quality scenarios…one, you can hold onto him and take the ride with him…at worst he should be a quality contributor in an excellent offense and at best he could be a real difference-maker…as long as you are realistic right now you are in great shape holding onto him…the other scenario is you use him as an asset to go after a bigger fish…right now any Dynasty trade package involving him is going to catch the attention of the Owner you sent it to and if it is a rebuilding team even more-so…if you are a Davis Dynasty Owner you are in a very good spot because you have a valuable asset and you probably did not have to give up much or draft him to high to acquire him…these type of players, whether you keep them or trade them can really impact your roster in a positive way.

In all seriousness, I think the game showed the positives and negatives of Davis for fantasy this year. He’s going to have big games where he catches long bombs and/or TDs. He’s going to have games where he goes 2/30. He is certainly better in non-ppr scoring. However this is the life for a WR2. They aren’t usually consistent.

Correct, he will not be consistent.

Davis is a big time fantasy asset…you have two quality scenarios…one, you can hold onto him and take the ride with him…at worst he should be a quality contributor in an excellent offense and at best he could be a real difference-maker…as long as you are realistic right now you are in great shape holding onto him…the other scenario is you use him as an asset to go after a bigger fish…right now any Dynasty trade package involving him is going to catch the attention of the Owner you sent it to and if it is a rebuilding team even more-so…if you are a Davis Dynasty Owner you are in a very good spot because you have a valuable asset and you probably did not have to give up much or draft him to high to acquire him…these type of players, whether you keep them or trade them can really impact your roster in a positive way.
Not only that, but he’s 23 & tied to a 26 year old Josh Allen. So one could envision a long, productive career in BUF. One might even imagine Davis (gasp!) improving over the next couple of years.

WR2s aren’t usually consistent. Think last year to guys like Tyler Lockett, Mike Williams, Michael Pittman.

Also, at least Dynasty-wise, I bet his Owners don't even have him as their #2 because he was not a high draft pick, as well as the fact it has taken a little while for him to develop, so my guess is they have other quality WRs on the roster as well...I own him on both mine and he is big time House $...I feel very comfortable that the combo of his talent and the Buffalo offense that he is going to be a quality contributor to any fantasy team.

WR2s aren’t usually consistent. Think last year to guys like Tyler Lockett, Mike Williams, Michael Pittman.

Also, at least Dynasty-wise, I bet his Owners don't even have him as their #2 because he was not a high draft pick, as well as the fact it has taken a little while for him to develop, so my guess is they have other quality WRs on the roster as well...I own him on both mine and he is big time House $...I feel very comfortable that the combo of his talent and the Buffalo offense that he is going to be a quality contributor to any fantasy team.

Very good point, he's my WR3 so he can be a little inconsistent.

He’s my flex in my IDP redraft and my 16 team IDP dynasty.

In my rebuild I got him as a throw-in in early 2021 as part of a larger deal.

I have none complaints if he delivers inconsistent WR2 production. I suspect he’ll be a bit better than that though.

Yep

Didn't even consider starting him in either of the dynasty leagues I have him in. But love the guy and don't want to trade him. Will be a great bye week and injury fill in this year, at least until a good trade comes up for one of my other WRs

Gabe Davis was added to the Bills' Saturday injury report with an ankle issue and is questionable for Monday Night Football against the Titans.​

Not listed on Thursday or Friday, Davis was labeled "limited" for Saturday's session. That means he was likely injured in Saturday's practice even though it was probably an exceedingly-light session, if not an outright walkthrough. We are obviously going to need more information on this one. For now, Davis should be considered legitimately questionable. We should receive at least one update between now and when lineups must initially be set at 12:59 PM ET on Sunday. Davis' loss would mean more snaps for both Isaiah McKenzie and Jamison Crowder
Sep 17, 2022, 2:49 PM ET

Optimism because
Davis did practice in limited fashion Saturday,
That said, I wish Hilliard hadn’t been ruled out, as then I at least would have had a backup plan. :kicksrock:
“That means he was likely injured in Saturday's practice”

If you keep reading your glass half full turns to empty.
Actually that’s not what my article said.

The CBS blurb continued
but it's obviously not an ideal situation to see the stud wide receiver appear on the injury report so late into the week. Expect more information to trickle out regarding Davis' status prior to the 7:15 PM ET kickoff Monday

Last edited:
Rotoworld blurb says we should get an update tomorrow. :shrug:
Davis should be considered legitimately questionable. We should receive at least one update between now and when lineups must initially be set at 12:59 PM ET on Sunday. Davis' loss would mean more snaps for both Isaiah McKenzie and Jamison Crowder

What's the play here for Mon night? Add McKenzie and wait? Safe to assume if Davis is out that McKenzie's targets increase significantly?

What's the play here for Mon night? Add McKenzie and wait? Safe to assume if Davis is out that McKenzie's targets increase significantly?
You have 2 Monday night games with a few WR to pick up if he's out. Not ideal but not dead in the water.
I’m lucky that I’m a heavy favorite this week (and my opponent’s Kelce, JuJu & Bosa laid an egg & Mahomes wasn’t Mahomsian) but I still hate the idea of having a blank in the lineup.

That said, this doesn’t sound all that serious. Hopefully we get an update tomorrow AM.

"Added to the injury report" is a very unpleasant phrase.
It’s not good, that’s for sure.

Still - it sounds minor, and with the current injury designation options these days, “questionable” is certainly better than “doubtful”.

I do wish they’d kept “probable” though.

I have both Phillips & Crowder available on my FA list, so I guess I’ll drop Hilliard for one of them if Gabe’s out (assuming Phillips plays - Q - shoulder)

Fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that. 🤞🏼

You have 2 Monday night games with a few WR to pick up if he's out. Not ideal but not dead in the water.
More guys are on your waiver wire then mine apparently because I am pretty close to dead in the water if he don't go.

I’m really hoping we get a Sunday morning update, because I do have R.Stevenson available as a flex. Probably better than Phillips or Crowder.

In my 16 team dynasty league, with Pitman out I’m pretty screwed… Literally the only other wide receiver I have is Mimms. :oldunsure:

FYI, McKenzie plays the SWR, he's 5-8 and does not suit the outside WR role on either side of the field.

FYI, Crowder is only 5-9, not much taller and Slot is also his natural position in this offense.

If Davis misses time, not sure who actually fills his role on the team.

More guys are on your waiver wire then mine apparently because I am pretty close to dead in the water if he don't go.
Yeah. Its KJ Osborn or Quez Watkins or Kyle Phillips if i risk it. Hopefully get some info before the afternoon games tomorrow and I can look at putting Hollywood or Cooks in.

Literally the only other wide receiver I have is Mimms

Now you see why I'm debating Ashton Dulin and Parris Campbell in a sixteen-team league. I don't think Mims sniffed the field last week, never mind got dirty on it.

But yeah, to echo the above points, Isaiah McKenzie is not picking up Davis's slack. Nor is Crowder. Those guys are in the slot. I know Khalil Shakir was supposed to be slot, but i heard he can split wide if they need him.

Need Buffalo homers in here to set us straight.

Users who are viewing this thread