What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (3 Viewers)

He is going to play Monday, isn't he?
Everyone says so, and everyone who has owned Julio before tells us to pretty much expect this type of fear every week.

That said, I'm looking to see what Falcon would replace him just in case. Ourlads has Justin Hardy as his backup and Aldrick Robinson behind Sanu. Any Falcons homers have a thought here?

Everyone says so, and everyone who has owned Julio before tells us to pretty much expect this type of fear every week.

That said, I'm looking to see what Falcon would replace him just in case. Ourlads has Justin Hardy as his backup and Aldrick Robinson behind Sanu. Any Falcons homers have a thought here?
+1 ... whats the word ? 

There should be alot throws tonight.. who's catching them??

"I wouldn't chance it if I didn't (feel ready)," Jones told reporters on Saturday, "if I felt like I was going to overcompensate or something else was going to get tore up or it was going to get worse or anything like that. I'm good. I've been getting great treatment, therapy and rest. It's the key."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/09/julio_jones_says_calf_injury_w.html

starting him with confidence, and it has nothing to do with the fact that my only other option is Willie Snead. :unsure:

...and everyone who has owned Julio before tells us to pretty much expect this type of fear every week.
Yes I would agree with this. Owned him twice previously in redraft leagues and I seem to recall a red "Q" behind his name every week.

I blame it on the internet. 15 years ago we wouldn't even know this stuff. :D

When Atlanta scores 45 points on Monday night, Julio Jones getting 1 catch for 7 yards almost seems impossible.  A lot of owners going against Jones on Monday night in close games have to feel pretty lucky that is his stat lines. Sounds like he wasn't healthy to me, that Saints D is bad. You definitely need to see how he practices this week. He was an auto start tonight, if he plays Monday Night vs Atlanta you can't bench him but now after this, I want to see him do something during the week that encourages me he is ready to do much more.

Julio Jones was held to one catch for 16 yards on seven targets in the Falcons' 45-32, Week 3 win over the Saints on Monday night.

Jones' seven targets were a team-high, but he and Matt Ryan just couldn't connect on much of anything on a night the Falcons' running backs -- Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman -- combined for 296 yards and four touchdowns dominated on offense. Jones came into the game with calf and ankle ailments, and he wasn't in on every offensive snap, but didn't look to be any worse for the wear. The Saints simply sold out to stop Jones, and the rest of the offense made them pay. Jones will look to bounce back next week at home against the Panthers.

I thought he looked fine. Almost had a TD grab on a fade, Ryan just didn't look very sharp tonight on anything past 10 yards downfield. And the game plan tonight clearly involved the RB's. Disappointing result for sure, but as a Julio owner this game doesn't change his value for me

I'm not overly concerned about his health so much as I am Ryan spreading the ball around and also the offense featuring 2 RBs heavily.

Jones is always liable to break a huge play and Ryan does look for him at the goal line but it sucks to see him go from PPR monster last season on nearly 13 targets a game on average to just 20 through 3 games.

Hoping for better days ahead.

Well, he wasn't on the injury report this week. I think he feels better, guys.

11 for 225 as I type this with the entire 4th quarter left.

I have a crazy stacked dynasty WR roster.  He's on my bench.   :wall: :bag:

I want to throw up.
Good problem to have. I have OBJ benched right now with green, brown and Julio in.  You're going to miss some big games when you can't start them all.  He sucked it up last week, I thought about benching him.

Good problem to have. I have OBJ benched right now with green, brown and Julio in.  You're going to miss some big games when you can't start them all.  He sucked it up last week, I thought about benching him.
What are the odds we have the same team?  I started Brown, AJG and Beckham. You win. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Same issue...luckily swapped Evans for him at the last minute though

Lol, skimmed passed this gem. 4 team league? Who's in fist place? You or yourself? 

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team 12 year old dynasty league, I drafted all those guys as rookies except for Julio who I traded for last season.

I am in a four team league with my 3 kids, I think my dynasty team may actually be better.
Crazy. What's your record?

Users who are viewing this thread