What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (3 Viewers)

Bring home the bacon Keenan!

14 NYG
15 @Den
16 Oak

The NYG matchup doesn't look as juicy as it did a month ago though. Since their bye, the Giants have held the Raiders, Cowboys and Redskins in check (with the Packers doing well against them). I hope the announcers don't talk about how few sacks Tuck has had; causing him to go off again.

14 NYG
15 @Den
16 Oak

The NYG matchup doesn't look as juicy as it did a month ago though. Since their bye, the Giants have held the Raiders, Cowboys and Redskins in check (with the Packers doing well against them). I hope the announcers don't talk about how few sacks Tuck has had; causing him to go off again.
NYG really hasn't been tested in the air that much this year. SDG is likely going to be their toughest match-up, passing wise, since week 2 vs. DEN.

14 NYG
15 @Den
16 Oak

Tuck's outburst had more to do with the Redskins OL if anything. He'll be silent again vs the Bolts.

14 NYG

15 @Den

16 Oak

Tuck's outburst had more to do with the Redskins OL if anything. He'll be silent again vs the Bolts.
Yes...Polumbus is awful

Speaking of Polumbus....I'd imagine he's gonna get freight trained by the KC pass rush this weekend. Which leads me to my not so hidden AC question. Allen vs Garcon? Garcon is the king of the Redskins targets. But those targets are all 5 yards dumps and screen passes and the Skins OL gives RG3 the yips. I have Allen plugged in over Garcon right now.

Speaking of Polumbus....I'd imagine he's gonna get freight trained by the KC pass rush this weekend. Which leads me to my not so hidden AC question. Allen vs Garcon? Garcon is the king of the Redskins targets. But those targets are all 5 yards dumps and screen passes and the Skins OL gives RG3 the yips. I have Allen plugged in over Garcon right now.
That's tough. If you look at KC's defense vs #1 WRs this year, the WRs are averaging about 15 points in PPR (5/94/.3). So their defense isn't extremely difficult to throw on. However, Allen also has a juicy matchup against a bad Giants secondary. Think Allen may have a tad more upside this week, but I think Garcon is a lock for at least 5 catches (which he has had in every game). In short, Garcon safer play, Allen, higher upside.

A few weeks ago it would have been a no brainer to stick with Garcon for me. But I think the Redskins are this close to just mailing it in if they haven't already. That passing game is not instilling confidence in me at all, especially the ability to pass protect. Not using Garcon downfield also hurts his chances. But Allen has huge periods of just not getting targeted. I'll probably be going back and forth on this all week.

A few weeks ago it would have been a no brainer to stick with Garcon for me. But I think the Redskins are this close to just mailing it in if they haven't already. That passing game is not instilling confidence in me at all, especially the ability to pass protect. Not using Garcon downfield also hurts his chances. But Allen has huge periods of just not getting targeted. I'll probably be going back and forth on this all week.
While this is true, KC has only recorded 2 sacks in their last 5 games.

Yes, but did you not see the Skins literally dig Justin Tuck out of his grave and make him look relevant for a week? Sadly I'm a Skins fan so I watch RG3 get crushed every week. Does help that Justin Houston is out.

I need to find a definitive tie breaker measure for me. Gonna be checking out Allen's red zone usage and what not.

At least he got us some points before he went to the lockerroom.

I didn't get to see him get hurt. Did it look serious?

He's on my bench this week. Figures. Lineup decisions have plagued me all season.
You'd have to be stacked to be sitting him at this point.

I wonder how he'll fair at Mile High come Thursday night. At least we know he'll be wearing long sleeves.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's on my bench this week. Figures. Lineup decisions have plagued me all season.

I wonder how he'll fair at Mile High come Thursday night. At least we know he'll be wearing long sleeves.
Yep Ive got Dez and Gordon....been deciding between him, Andre Brown and Vereen at flex....think I can eliminate Brown now.....Long sleeves at Mile High is encouraging...think they can protect Rivers eniugh for Allen to have a good game?

Yep Ive got Dez and Gordon....been deciding between him, Andre Brown and Vereen at flex....think I can eliminate Brown now.....Long sleeves at Mile High is encouraging...think they can protect Rivers eniugh for Allen to have a good game?
I sat Allen for Julius Thomas today at WR/TE flex. I have Gordon, Marshall ahead of those 2. Going to be a tough pick next week but Allen sure has been good as of late.

Benched him today behind Gordon, V Jax and Murray in flex, but this is very promising. His schedule - Denver and Oakland - is pretty tasty, he'll be going in my line up for the last two weeks.

SD aren't likely to get up ahead next week so they should hopefully be getting it airborne all game

The matchup with the Broncos worries me a little

It's on the road and it's a short week plus looking back on the stats from the 1st game he only had 4 catches

Can the Chargers OL handle the Broncos pressure?

Well I thought the SD offense would be a little better against them in the first matchup.....noise and pressure could be tough for the SD offense....can see a less than stellar effort in this one

It's on the road and it's a short week plus looking back on the stats from the 1st game he only had 4 catches

Exactly my concern as well....
Seems like it should be a shootout. .. not sure how you can sit any broncos or chargers in this one
In the first game, the Chargers tried to run the ball a LOT to "keep Manning off the field."

I hope they now realize the primary objective should be to score TDs.

I think pressure is a legitimate concern but from what I gather he was only hit 5 times when they first met (sacked 4 times however).

Interestingly enough, Rivers had the 4th worst statistical output versus DEN this year (only Henne, RG3 and Fitzpatrick had worse outings). I think it's safe to say that Rivers has played on a much higher level than the aforementioned QBs this year. Obviously, a good percentage of Allen's output is directly tied to Rivers and I'm expecting Rivers to improve on his 19/29 - 218 - 1/0 stat line. Allen was also targeted the 5 times, second most behind Gates (8) in that game so it's not like he wasn't apart of the game plan.

I'm always wary of Thursday night games, I ####### hate them. Unless I have a RB or K going I usually don't want any part of it. Vegas however has the O/U at 55 right now, which will easily be one of the highest, if not the highest of the week. Unless you have a top 10 option, I think you have to start him.

I think pressure is a legitimate concern but from what I gather he was only hit 5 times when they first met (sacked 4 times however).

Interestingly enough, Rivers had the 4th worst statistical output versus DEN this year (only Henne, RG3 and Fitzpatrick had worse outings). I think it's safe to say that Rivers has played on a much higher level than the aforementioned QBs this year. Obviously, a good percentage of Allen's output is directly tied to Rivers and I'm expecting Rivers to improve on his 19/29 - 218 - 1/0 stat line. Allen was also targeted the 5 times, second most behind Gates (8) in that game so it's not like he wasn't apart of the game plan.

I'm always wary of Thursday night games, I ####### hate them. Unless I have a RB or K going I usually don't want any part of it. Vegas however has the O/U at 55 right now, which will easily be one of the highest, if not the highest of the week. Unless you have a top 10 option, I think you have to start him.
Unless you have a top 10 option? Rivers is fourth in scoring in the league I made the championship. If you see 10 quarterbacks in front of him, you're wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread