What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (1 Viewer)

This article says Williams tore an ACL in high school.  Any one here know if that's true and if the same knee?
It is true, no clue as to which knee it was though.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but if you tear it as a developmental non-adult it isn't nearly as bad as a grown adult.  

It's about the same to be honest. Sure, there's immature cartilage that can compensate for the changes, but in the end a surgery is a surgery and an ACL tear will lead to arthritis most of the time at a faster pace than "natural." I'd be more worried about a high school kid not rehabbing it well enough, leading to some issues, but we are past that point now

I forget if his ACL tear was contact or non-contact. I wouldn't be surprised if it were non-contact and the opposite knee.

In general, chances of tearing the contralateral knee following 1 ACL tear goes up tremendously. Sucks, but at the end of the day he is probably more stable than he was prior to the ACL tear- especially if it was a non contact ACL tear the second time- that would tell me it was something anatomical in the first place that lead to the tear/s. As long as he didn't damage the meniscus, or suffer a meniscus injury this year, I wouldn't be concerned about him re-tearing.
I think it was a contact injury. Maybe a Dolphins fan can chime in for sure.

Anyone want to chime in on what his rookie pick value would be this year? Intrigued that they didn’t draft a receiver. Although I have always been an Albert Wilson fan and think he could make some noise if healthy again.

King of the Jungle said:
Anyone want to chime in on what his rookie pick value would be this year? Intrigued that they didn’t draft a receiver. Although I have always been an Albert Wilson fan and think he could make some noise if healthy again.
RBx5
Lamb
Jeudy
Jefferson

This is where Unicorn enters the conversation.  I have Higgins next on my list and Williams would be in this tier.  Pittman, Raegor, Edwards.

No. I think he's saying he thinks that Williams falls into the second tier, below Jeudy, Lamb and Jefferson and tiered with Edwards, Raegor and Pittman. I'm sort of with Milkman on this one, though. He has shown he can be dominant in the NFL even as an undrafted free agent rookie. That's a pretty big step in proving yourself over some guys who were also very good in college, but haven't yet even suited up for their first training camp.

ETA: The injury issue, of course, is front and center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamb fan...so no. Probably rate him 5th in this class after his injury. 
Lamb is 3rd in the pecking order this year at "best". Preston is #1 in the pecking order at best and 2nd in pecking order at worst. He might not be healthy at the beginning of the season though..........reality says it's a lot closer than you preceive.

Lamb is 3rd in the pecking order this year at "best". Preston is #1 in the pecking order at best and 2nd in pecking order at worst. He might not be healthy at the beginning of the season though..........reality says it's a lot closer than you preceive.
Dynasty is a long game, so I am looking past 2020 and think Lamb is the better talent. If gun to head I would put him behind Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, Reagor, Ruggs, Shenault (fan of his upside)... Maybe Preston holds more value than I think.

Dynasty is a long game, so I am looking past 2020 and think Lamb is the better talent. If gun to head I would put him behind Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, Reagor, Ruggs, Shenault (fan of his upside)... Maybe Preston holds more value than I think.
It's not a long game though......

Ouch. Both with no meniscus damage? That would surprise me.  Maybe a long recovery is why it took so long to produce? If this is the same knee I would be pretty concerned. 
MCL is commonly injured with an ACL injury.

Not concerned for a WR. If he were a RB I’d be worried

For one rookie comparison, I got him at 10.11 in a dyno startup, after 19 rookies were gone, including these rookie WRs:

• Jeudy, Jerry
  • Lamb, CeeDee
  • Jefferson, Justin
  • Reagor, Jalen
  • Ruggs III, Henry
  • Pittman Jr., Michael
  • Mims, Denzel
  • Higgins, Tee
  • Aiyuk, Brandon

King of the Jungle said:
Dynasty Buy, Sell, Or Hold: DeVante Parker, Preston Williams & Mike Gesicki

Excerpt:

Preston Williams

2020 Rookie Pick Value: Lower Second (2.08-2.12)
RB Value Targets: Alexander Mattison, Kerryon Johnson, Ronald Jones
WR Value Targets: Sterling Shepard, Jamison Crowder, Sammy Watkins
TE Value Targets: Tyler Higbee, Mike Gesicki, Irv Smith Jr.
I would tend to think that teams with Preston Williams on their roster are unlikely to be trading him for a rookie pick in the 2.08-2.12 range.

King of the Jungle said:
I view him as a mid/late 1st depending on format.  Superflex he'd be late, 1QB he'd be mid.  I think most people will fight over how many/which WR's to take ahead of him but he falls somewhere in there for sure.  Personally I have him behind 3 rookie WR's right now.  Just recently moved him up my rankings after @Milkman's comments knocked some sense into me.  Might be a slow start to the season so maybe his value is lower for that reason.  

Just to add another take on his value, I have 3 rookie WRs for sure ahead of him.  He'd be in my next group along with 3 other rookie WRs and I'd really struggle to sort their rankings out.  Add in the rookie RBs and hes in the pick 9-16 range for me.

Really unfortunate he had the injury and later in the season to boot.  Just feels like it will be a slog early on for him with recovery on top of an abnormal offseason.  He may be hard to keep on a strong FFPC roster if he's not producing much for the first month of the season.  Definitely like what he did on the field last year though.  Lots of talent here.

Wanted to get some opinions on this trade offer. I get Williams and 4.12. I send 3.11 and 3.13. 16 team IDP league. Williams would be my WR 4, but would also be picking a WR in the upcoming rookie draft more than likely.

Take Williams over all the late 4th round picks (late third round picks in 16s) you are going to be offered. He has FAR more chance to be a top 20 WR than anyone else you will be seeing in those spots.

Wiley Coyotes said:
Wanted to get some opinions on this trade offer. I get Williams and 4.12. I send 3.11 and 3.13. 16 team IDP league. Williams would be my WR 4, but would also be picking a WR in the upcoming rookie draft more than likely.
This is pretty easily Williams

Yeah I'm hoping Williams' ADP stays nice and low. In 14 team Non-PPR he can be had in the late 9th-early 10th round. That's a steal for someone who could easily turn out to be the WR1 on that team because of the lack of competition on the depth chart. Albert Wilson is more a possession guy and Jakeem Grant is their gimmick player.

Moved 1.12 for Unicorn, Damien Harris and a 2021 1st from a middle of the road playoff team. 24 team league so 2 copies of players. 1.12 is more like 1.06. But I love the deal.
Brag more please  :rolleyes: .

I'm just jealous since the only league I don't have him in I offered a 1st for after the rookie draft last year.  Yes after he was drafted in the 4th round, and he still declined.  

Brag more please  :rolleyes: .

I'm just jealous since the only league I don't have him in I offered a 1st for after the rookie draft last year.  Yes after he was drafted in the 4th round, and he still declined.  
Yeah people either love him, hate him, or have never even heard of him. There isn't any middle ground. To be fair I have moved most shares of him, but in this example this actually really helps my rebuilding team. And Harris could pay off too.

Fire up the 'corn boys!
Rotoworld:

Dolphins WR Preston Williams was cleared for football activities. 

Williams, who tore his ACL in November, has "been running and rehabbing well," according to Dolphins HC Brian Flores. The wideout will now focus on learning the team's new offense under OC Chan Gailey. Williams was peppered with targets during a six-game stretch before his season-ending injury in 2019, seeing 8.17 targets per game over that span. He's being drafted in the 13th round of 12-team leagues -- an ADP that could climb over the next month barring any injury setbacks. 

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Aug 3, 2020, 10:26 AM ET

Yeah people either love him, hate him, or have never even heard of him. There isn't any middle ground. To be fair I have moved most shares of him, but in this example this actually really helps my rebuilding team. And Harris could pay off too.
I know I need to move some shares of him too.  I just can't force myself to do it.  Most places I have him, he's a stash and I don't need production so there really is no point in trading him away.  Oddly enough, nobody has come asking for him either.  

I know I need to move some shares of him too.  I just can't force myself to do it.  Most places I have him, he's a stash and I don't need production so there really is no point in trading him away.  Oddly enough, nobody has come asking for him either.  
He's a hard guy to get if you go after him. You have to wait til the PW owner wants something from you. 

You'd be selling him low since he's coming off an injury. I'm just going to hold and pray his healthy. What he did last year was miraculous for an UDFA. 

A lot of these guys that are opting out were guys that were going to get cut imo. They get a little checknon the way out when they opt out. At least that's my understanding. 

Users who are viewing this thread