What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rondale Moore, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Yes the number of 5'8" and under WRs who have been fantasy hits is small. My guess is if you look at the last 5-10 years, the rate of it happening is higher than it has been in any period before that. WRs in general have been getting smaller as the game has spread out and emphasized speed in space over physicality. Rules have changed to protect smaller players and thus with them defenders have gotten smaller in order to keep pace.

Not many WRs at that size have been as dominant at the college level at such a young age, not many have been drafted as high as Moore. Moore is incredibly strong for a WR of any size.  He is already projected to start for the Cards. So many of the obstacles that small WRs face, he has already bypassed. I think focusing on his height is no different than focusing on  Devonta Smith's weight, the height of Kyler or Russell Wilson, Watson's arm strength or Lance's lack of college experience. Sure, we rarely ever see QBs as small as Kyler become good NFL QBs but that's focusing on 1 detail while ignoring all the positive indicators (great college efficiency and production, 1st overall draft pick, etc). Yes, QBs with the lack of experience Lance has almost never become successful NFL QBs but they also aren't ever top 3 picks in the draft either so Lance has already established he's different. 

Maybe Rondale is a bust and maybe it's due to his height or injuries or something else but he has already cleared 2/3 of the hurdles needed to become a good NFL WR and grouping him in with every 5'8" WR in NFL history is silly. 

The question to ask is not how many really short WR’s have succeeded in the NFL. The question is, once a really short WR gets drafted, how many of them fail?

I don’t know the answer, but that question seems to be more relevant. 

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

What sort of day one role do you expect for Rondale Moore?

He'll be eased into the receiver rotation in terms of targets, but will see the field early and often Sunday against the Titans. Don't be surprised if he gets a pass and a run early in the first quarter to get his legs under him. Coach Kliff Kingsbury will use him to stretch the defense as well as on plays like jet sweeps. His speed will, undoubtedly, be utilized. -- Josh Weinfuss

Rondale Moore caught 4-of-5 targets for 68 yards in the Cardinals' Week 1 win over the Titans. 

Moore was decisively out-snapped by dead-legged veteran A.J. Green but easily out-produced him, doubling up AJG in catches and more than doubling him in yardage. Moore's biggest gain (29 yards) came on a quick screen, the kind of play where he can be lethal. Moore was also blatantly interfered with on a 3rd-and-goal target, but the ref swallowed the whistle. We saw nothing today to slow the Moore hype train or change the Green narrative. We would rather be rostering the rookie in re-draft. 

anyone think he will be second weapon behind Hopkins?  it's concerning to me with all the offensive options AZ has.

anyone think he will be second weapon behind Hopkins?  it's concerning to me with all the offensive options AZ has.
I didnt see this game. I will try to watch it later on when I get a chance.

Looking at the box score I see that Christian Kirk had 5 catches and 2 TD so at least for this game he was the #2 but I would like to hear other opinions about that.

I would expect Moore to be in the slot more than a outside receiver. So there will always be another WR besides Hopkins in the mix.

Looking up the snap counts

Hopkins 61 88%

Green 55 80%

Kirk 39 57%

Moore 20 29%

I am kind of amazed that Green played that much

I didnt see this game. I will try to watch it later on when I get a chance.

Looking at the box score I see that Christian Kirk had 5 catches and 2 TD so at least for this game he was the #2 but I would like to hear other opinions about that.

I would expect Moore to be in the slot more than a outside receiver. So there will always be another WR besides Hopkins in the mix.

Looking up the snap counts

Hopkins 61 88%

Green 55 80%

Kirk 39 57%

Moore 20 29%

I am kind of amazed that Green played that much
Another performance like this week and Green will be left in the dust by Moore and Kirk.

Nah. Moore's usage rate was amazing for only 20 snaps. They won't be able to keep this guy off the field. Conner doesn't add anything, and AJ Green is toast. Kirk is who he is. 
Rondale is the kind of player they’ve wanted for the last couple years. His ADot will look like a RB and his YAC will be off the charts. He’s not gonna be volume dependent bc the scheme is a subset that is only for him.

Bit off topic but Connor does in fact add something, they need a bigger back in certain situations. Edmonds is more dynamic (by a country mile) but he’s also in the tiny bones club, so they want to keep his touches down.

Rondale is the kind of player they’ve wanted for the last couple years. His ADot will look like a RB and his YAC will be off the charts. He’s not gonna be volume dependent bc the scheme is a subset that is only for him.

Bit off topic but Connor does in fact add something, they need a bigger back in certain situations. Edmonds is more dynamic (by a country mile) but he’s also in the tiny bones club, so they want to keep his touches down.
I own Kyler this year. Oh boy.

Im so tempted to add Moore and am hurting at WR in a bad way. watching the game highlights yesterday, I just feel like he’s gonna get loose every other week. Murray has so much time to throw both due to his line and his mobility, and as we saw on that big scramble and chuck to Moore yesterday, there’s only so long you can cover a guy like Moore.

In a PPR is Moore still the play over Kirk? Or will Kirk get more consistent targets?
I dont know.

I did watch this game last night and from what I saw Kirk and Moore were both playing the slot with Hopkins and Green outside.

Some times Edward's would motion to the slot as well. They played a lot of 4 WR.

Kirk played 57% of the snaps to Moores 29% close to twice as often.

Its also possible Kirk might play outside in place of Green in games ahead. Whereas I think it's less likely for them to use Moore outside compared to Kirk.

I have been high on Kirk in the past but then disappointed with his opportunity. So I have kind of moved on from expecting much from him now, but maybe I am mistaken about that.

Kirk made some good plays.

I will be paying more attention to this in days ahead as the Cardinals will play the Vikings in week 2. 

I dont know.

I did watch this game last night and from what I saw Kirk and Moore were both playing the slot with Hopkins and Green outside.

Some times Edward's would motion to the slot as well. They played a lot of 4 WR.

Kirk played 57% of the snaps to Moores 29% close to twice as often.

Its also possible Kirk might play outside in place of Green in games ahead. Whereas I think it's less likely for them to use Moore outside compared to Kirk.

I have been high on Kirk in the past but then disappointed with his opportunity. So I have kind of moved on from expecting much from him now, but maybe I am mistaken about that.

Kirk made some good plays.

I will be paying more attention to this in days ahead as the Cardinals will play the Vikings in week 2. 
Is Moore the primary returner in either kicking game? Looks like on the depth chart he's listed as the #2 for both. In 1 of my leagues we get points for return yardage.

I have to think Green is eventually de-emphasized in this offence. At some point you have to look to the future. Hopkins is the present. Moore and Kirk (hopefully) are the future.

Is Moore the primary returner in either kicking game? Looks like on the depth chart he's listed as the #2 for both. In 1 of my leagues we get points for return yardage.
Moore returned kicks and punts in Week 1. Had 22 yards on a KO and 24 on 2 PR. Also had a 25 yd. KO ret. called back I believe. 

I have to think Green is eventually de-emphasized in this offence. At some point you have to look to the future. Hopkins is the present. Moore and Kirk (hopefully) are the future.
Green actually looked a bit better to me than I was expecting in this game but he wasnt very prodtuctive.

Kirk is a free agent next year so it remains to he seen if he is part of their future plans or not.

Maybe some Cardinal fans could chime in on that.

I do think he looked better than Green in this game.

Anyone rolling him out this weekend? I'm in a return yardage league and like the extra touches those afford him. Seems like he's a good candidate to get a run or two added in there as well, so if he can break one somewhere he could have a really nice stat line. Minnesota doesn't seem so great on defense.. Think I'm going to take a shot with Moore in a flex spot over Aiyuk in the doghouse or Kyle Pitts vs. TB. 

Anyone rolling him out this weekend? I'm in a return yardage league and like the extra touches those afford him. Seems like he's a good candidate to get a run or two added in there as well, so if he can break one somewhere he could have a really nice stat line. Minnesota doesn't seem so great on defense.. Think I'm going to take a shot with Moore in a flex spot over Aiyuk in the doghouse or Kyle Pitts vs. TB. 
Moore is a big play waiting to happen so why not?

I think the Vikings defense is better than it was last season, however their improvement is more against the run than against the pass. The Cardinals are barely interested in running the ball.

I think they will have a lot of trouble containing the road runner all game, he is going to extend plays and get defenders out of position. Breeland has a problem against speed. He got smoked by Hill in preseason and then Chase in week one. There is already talk about Chris Boyd possibly taking over as the starter for him. Moore is the fastest WR the Cardinals have so I could see them exploiting that match up with a bomb to Moore. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Moore is boom or bust as of right now.

Hopkins will get his and Green will get a steady 4-6 targets per game. I see Kirk and Moore taking turns as to who has the great week. I'm thinking that unless an injury happens to Green or Kirk, we won't see the breakout everyone is hoping for. 

Tempted to start Moore this week over Boyd, Waddle and Hardman in a league with a bonus for distance TD's (additional point for every 10 yards of TD).

Tempted to start Moore this week over Boyd, Waddle and Hardman in a league with a bonus for distance TD's (additional point for every 10 yards of TD).
I own Kyler and Moore is still sitting on the wire in a short bench league. And I’m so tempted to grab him. But I just can’t find a spot for him. But the longer he lingers out there, the more chance he has that first blowup game and my chances of snagging him are gone.

My WR room is pretty awful, so I think I need to find a way to get him on the squad for the inevitable Kyler Moore stack.

greedygoat said:
So an 80 yard TD is 8+6+8?  24 points for one play?  Yikes. 

I don't get bonus leagues at all but this one seems to take the cake.

Seems a bit much, why should a long TD be worth anymore than a short one. I guess DeSean Jackson is a round 1 pick every year lol

Seems a bit much, why should a long TD be worth anymore than a short one. I guess DeSean Jackson is a round 1 pick every year lol
Ya for this reason these bonuses make no sense and add so much luck to an already lucky game. You're basically losing the week if your opponent has a guy that makes that play. 

The receiver is already rewarded very healthy with 8+6 for the play, why add another 8 points and make the matchup unreachable?

Actually it's a ppr as well so that would be 8+6+8+1 = 25 points for that play ;)

Yes, the scoring system is a little strange.  It's a 26 year old league with a bunch of HS friends.  Same since Day 1.

Actually it's a ppr as well so that would be 8+6+8+1 = 25 points for that play ;)

Yes, the scoring system is a little strange.  It's a 26 year old league with a bunch of HS friends.  Same since Day 1.
haha that's ridiculous.  I guess 26 years ago a long yardage td wasn't as common. 

He's probably going to be a hot waiver add this week because of his stat line, which was mostly built on one play where he went uncovered. But having seen some of the other plays he made today, I think the dude is just electric. I can't say for sure that he'll be an every week starter with all the mouths to feed in Arizona, but given the way Murray is playing it's definitely worth buying some Rondale shares.

He's probably going to be a hot waiver add this week because of his stat line, which was mostly built on one play where he went uncovered. But having seen some of the other plays he made today, I think the dude is just electric. I can't say for sure that he'll be an every week starter with all the mouths to feed in Arizona, but given the way Murray is playing it's definitely worth buying some Rondale shares.
I think he leads the team in targets through 2 weeks 

By the way, I was thinking of this play in particular.

Rondale Moore caught 7-of-8 targets for 114 yards and one score in Arizona's Week 2 win over the Vikings.

A majority of Moore's yardage came on a 77-yard touchdown behind busted coverage, seeing Kyler Murray hit the 'B' button before flinging the ball over the top of Minnesota's secondary. The rookie was only in on 46% of Arizona's offensive snaps today but continued showing why he deserves a larger role on his team-high share of targets. Moore should be rostered in 10-team leagues as a high-floor WR4 ahead of next week's friendly matchup against Jacksonville.

Sep 19, 2021, 7:52 PM ET

In a 14-team re-draft, I lost Jeudy at WR2 and Callaway is busting as my defacto WR3.    Went with other rookie boom/bust selections late and Rondale is the one that's already producing on a sub-50% snap count.   

Starting him every week at WR2 with someone safer like Patrick in the flex is starting to look like a viable option.   I'm sure I will take my lumps many weeks, but I don't think we've seen the last of 20+ point games for the season.

Was on my bench yesterday, but still glad to see the stat line. I hope he can be more consistent moving forward, but I said last week and i'll say it again. I think it is between Kirk and Moore as to who has a solid week each week. 

Plugged him in as flex yesterday at the last minute as I needed a boom situation being down big going into the afternoon contents.  Being a Purdue fan also helped make that decision. 🧡

Watching his full Week 2 highlights, the one thing that's potentially concerning is that, other than the bomb (which was a busted play), all of his other touches came on screens and touch-passes. Maybe that's a good thing (they're manufacturing touches), maybe it's bad (he doesn't know the full route tree) and maybe it's temporary. Just something to keep an eye on.

Target explosive players in fantasy leagues and start them when the snap share goes up. These types of guys are week-winning, and now if his floor is 4-5 catches, it's absolutely wheels up for him 

Watching his full Week 2 highlights, the one thing that's potentially concerning is that, other than the bomb (which was a busted play), all of his other touches came on screens and touch-passes. Maybe that's a good thing (they're manufacturing touches), maybe it's bad (he doesn't know the full route tree) and maybe it's temporary. Just something to keep an eye on.

There is NOTHING bad about coaches trying to scheme the ball into the player's hands. This offense is so wide open with potential targets down the field that anyone can have a good game. But they are making a point to scheme it into Moore- that shows you how highly the coaching staff thinks of him and trusts him in only his second game as a pro 

This isn't a Laviska Shenault situation - Cardinals produce at least 2x as many real life and fantasy points

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread