What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Friend’s Wife Breaks Something in Your House (1 Viewer)

All in it was like 3 hours of time (2 for the fix, 1 to go to HD). PITA. This is one of those tricky scenarios but worked out well.

It was after the game, I was already angry, so not much discussion. The wife was really embarrassed. Me and the dude are on a group text together. I dropped a note in there that said can has been fixed, 3 hours labor. He offered to take me out to dinner, think that’s fair.

This sounds more like the wife broke the handle to the drawer the trash can is in?
No, not the handle. Handle just used to slide it out. She was pressing down on it. She did so with such force that she broke one of the arms and ripped screws through wood. The wood is inside the cabinet behind the can so no big deal.

All in it was like 3 hours of time (2 for the fix, 1 to go to HD). PITA. This is one of those tricky scenarios but worked out well.

It was after the game, I was already angry, so not much discussion. The wife was really embarrassed. Me and the dude are on a group text together. I dropped a note in there that said can has been fixed, 3 hours labor. He offered to take me out to dinner, think that’s fair.
I hear restaurants have gotten really expensive.

if I am the breakee, I offer to either help fix it or offer to pay for the fix

if I am the host, and it is not something super expensive, I put my guests immediately at ease, and tell them not to worry about, **** happens.
Exactly this.

If they were drunk enough, they may not even realize they actually broke something (
I wouldn't invite anyone who would get s***faced at my house over again.
Why else would we accept an invitation to the BSRs? : 🤔

I could have fixed it in WAY less time. Home Depot is right around the corner from me. Pffft...

Without knowing the full circumstances, he honestly doesn't sound like a very standup guy if everyone heard the snap as you said, knew that his wife did it, and never offered to fix it.
This is what I don't get. How can the guy be there when his wife breaks something at his friends house and not offer to pay right away? Sounds like a guy I would not want to be friends with in the first place. Only a weasel would act like nothing happened.
I try to look at the good side of people. Maybe the friend doesn't know the extent of the damage and thought that it could just snap back into place. Similarly, maybe the friend has no idea his buddy is struggling to fix it. That's why I suggested bringing it up again to see how the friend reacts.

I remember when my son broke a lamp at a birthday party. When I went to pick him up, When I asked one of the parents if he was well-behaved, they didn't know about the lamp yet and said he was fine. Jump ahead two weeks, and I was out with my son and ran into the parents. They thought I had a lot of nerve approaching them like nothing had happened and indicated they didn't want to have my son over anymore because he was wild and broke their lamp (which was news to me). My son confirmed that he broke the lamp, and I immediately apologized and gave them a signed blank check and told them to go get a new lamp. They still didn't invite my kid over again, but so be it.

Now that the OP’s issue has been resolved, I have to ask - you carried your checkbook around with you?

Without knowing the full circumstances, he honestly doesn't sound like a very standup guy if everyone heard the snap as you said, knew that his wife did it, and never offered to fix it.
This is what I don't get. How can the guy be there when his wife breaks something at his friends house and not offer to pay right away? Sounds like a guy I would not want to be friends with in the first place. Only a weasel would act like nothing happened.
I try to look at the good side of people. Maybe the friend doesn't know the extent of the damage and thought that it could just snap back into place. Similarly, maybe the friend has no idea his buddy is struggling to fix it. That's why I suggested bringing it up again to see how the friend reacts.

I remember when my son broke a lamp at a birthday party. When I went to pick him up, When I asked one of the parents if he was well-behaved, they didn't know about the lamp yet and said he was fine. Jump ahead two weeks, and I was out with my son and ran into the parents. They thought I had a lot of nerve approaching them like nothing had happened and indicated they didn't want to have my son over anymore because he was wild and broke their lamp (which was news to me). My son confirmed that he broke the lamp, and I immediately apologized and gave them a signed blank check and told them to go get a new lamp. They still didn't invite my kid over again, but so be it.

Now that the OP’s issue has been resolved, I have to ask - you carried your checkbook around with you?
A signed blank check says, "I'm going to Bora Bora."

20 years ago I did.

I could have fixed it in WAY less time. Home Depot is right around the corner from me. Pffft...
Someone handy could’ve done it in half the time.

20 years ago I did.

In 2004?

Users who are viewing this thread