What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (2 Viewers)

I get the basic premise -- big football fan gets to watch her favorite team anywhere she goes on Verizon Wireless with NFL Mobile.

But there are two things that I just can't understand:

1) She gets progressively hotter/less frumpy in each scene. Why? Does subscribing to Verizon make you hotter?

2) At the 0:11 mark, why does she say "Aww" like something bad (or maybe 'cute'?) happened, and then correct herself "I mean awww yeah!"?

One of those commercials where if I saw it once, it wouldn't register with me positively or negatively. But they play it so often during football games, I've had a million opportunities to notice how odd some of these elements are.
As for #1, the "premise" (I guess) of the commercial is that she's tired of being alone and wants to meet a guy and thinks NFL Mobile is the way to do it... she thinks learning all about football will make her more appealing to the opposite sex. Which, of corse, gives the commercial an opportunity to showcase all the places you can use it (in line, on the bus, at a party, etc.)

And #2... I think the "Awww" is she thinks the Lambeau Leap is cute, but then realizes that's not every football fan-like, so she corrects herself to sound cooler. She's trying to learn to become a hardcore fan.

That commercial is on a LOT.

I get the basic premise -- big football fan gets to watch her favorite team anywhere she goes on Verizon Wireless with NFL Mobile.

1) She gets progressively hotter/less frumpy in each scene. Why? Does subscribing to Verizon make you hotter?

2) At the 0:11 mark, why does she say "Aww" like something bad (or maybe 'cute'?) happened, and then correct herself "I mean awww yeah!"?

One of those commercials where if I saw it once, it wouldn't register with me positively or negatively. But they play it so often during football games, I've had a million opportunities to notice how odd some of these elements are.
Because it allowed her to get out of the house and transform from sports know-nothing introvert cat lady to hottish superfan. There's really no mystery here.

Because it allowed her to get out of the house and transform from sports know-nothing introvert cat lady to hottish superfan. There's really no mystery here.
Yes, and there was also one where some guy went from sports-clueless office dork to the office sports expert/cool guy.

I am sick of seeing the Microsoft Surface commercial:

WTF is up with the little girls dressed in Catholic uniforms doing the dub step (or whatever the hell it is called)?

Stupidly irritating.

Yes, and there was also one where some guy went from sports-clueless office dork to the office sports expert/cool guy.
I've never understood - If she's such a huge fan, why does she have to watch every game on her damn phone? She's at Home Depot on one of those too. That takes priority? I don't get it.

I've never understood - If she's such a huge fan, why does she have to watch every game on her damn phone? She's at Home Depot on one of those too. That takes priority? I don't get it.
It shows her leaving the house and assimilating with society.

Jake: What about her?

[indicating hunchback girl walking by]

Austin: So baby's got a little back. Hunch, that is. Naah, way too easy.

Jake: OK.

[indicates hippy albino girl playing guitar]

Albino Folk Singer: [singing] I have no pigment...

Austin: Any girl with a guitar is hot.

Albino Folk Singer: [continues singing] I need sunscreen...

Austin: Granted, she's a hippy albino. She could still be prom queen.

Jake: OK, uh, what about the Fratelli sisters?

[indicates awkward Siamese twins conjoined at the head]

Austin: So they're slightly disfigured and connected at the head. But combined, those two make up one pretty decent chick.

Reggie Ray: Yeah, I'd do 'em.

Austin: I know you would, Reggie Ray. But no, I'm looking for somebody who's really messed up. I'm talking about a real ####bomb.

[Janie Briggs walks by]

Austin: Well, bombs away!

Jake: No, no, no, no, anyone but her! Not... Janie Briggs! Guys, she's got glasses and a ponytail! Aw, look at that, she's got paint on her overalls, what is that? Guys, there's no way she could be prom queen!

Malik: Damn! That ####'s whack!

I'm getting pretty tired of the clip of that song by Willy Moon or whatever his name is on the iPod commercial that's been running like crazy.

The Bud Light Pitbull commercials are terrible. I hope they're paying him a ton because his cool factor is in the toilet.
DIALIT
Do what now?
Ask Pitbull. :shrug:
Ask him what?
How to "dial it"?
Are you trying to say dale?
Guess I am. He makes it so clear in the commercial.

"HELLO!"

Sick of that one. Someone needs to do a youtube commercial of the Clowney hit and call it "GOODBYE!"

Prilosec with hillbilly cable guy larry. "It's America! We make things you didn't even think you wanted"

:wall:

The SECOND I see the beginning of Geico's commercial with Eddie Money, I hit the mute button.

That's what the ad agency was hoping for, right?

Guys, let's try to be less critical of everything this year. The internet has turned us all into critics. Let's just be positive.

'The Dude said:
Has anyone noticed that insurance ads are the new beer ads - those things are on constantly
"Flo" even makes fun of that in a progressive radio commercial. She says something like "Don't change the channel, I'm on all of them..."

Every line in this Cadillac commercial is pathetic. Target market: Giant Douchebags.
Still an old guy car.
It's the caddy that zigs
I listen to a Canadian radio station on the way to work every day (102.1, I think it's CFNY). They constantly play these Spence Jeweler's ads that are really schmaltzy and annoying. Just bug the hell out of me. I never realized every piece of diamond jewelry known to man has a special name and backstory, or that there were so many ways to say "I love you". :X :yucky:Eta didn't mean to quote this post

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread