What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

bottom line, is he playing this weekend or not?
I would highly doubt it given that video of him walking so gingerly. It’s tough to go from that to running full speed. Good chance whenever he does play the first game is decoy mode. He could be a good playoff stash. 

Antonio Brown (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 11 against the Giants.

Brown was never expected to play after missing practice this week. The good news is the Bucs should get TE Rob Gronkowski, who was held out in Week 10, back on Monday night. Getting ruled out early means Brown isn't a lock to return in Week 12. Brown's vaccination status, which came into question this week, is a situation to monitor going forward. 

SOURCE: buccaneers.com

Nov 20, 2021, 12:24 PM ET

The Athletic's Greg Auman said if Antonio Brown's COVID-19 vaccine card is found to be fake, the matter could be "handled as a federal criminal offense." 

Brown's agent vehemently denies the wideout used a fake COVID vaccine card, as alleged by a former chef who claims Brown owes him $10,000. Brown's agent said Brown would get a COVID-19 booster shot "live on TV" to prove he is, in fact, vaccinated against the virus. The Bucs issued a statement last week saying the team found no "irregularities" with proof of Brown's vaccine status. If Brown's card were proven a fake, Auman said he could face federal charges. Using a fake COVID-19 vaccine card is "unauthorized use of a government agency's seal" and a violation of federal law, according to the FBI's website. It would add another chapter to Brown's never-ending legal issues. Brown's lingering ankle injury will keep him sidelined Monday night against the Giants. 

SOURCE: SI.com

Nov 22, 2021, 9:50 AM ET

Gave up on him in redraft to get an emergency QB yesterday after Lamar went down. Just don't see where I'm going to use him when I have DK, Allen, Cooks, Renfrow and EMoore, if someone wants to pick him up and gamble that he not only plays this season, but is actually fantasy relevant, then good luck to them

if someone wants to pick him up and gamble that he not only plays this season, but is actually fantasy relevant, then good luck to them

He's had an injury that's kept him out a few weeks and he should be returning from it in  week or two. Not sure were all the negativity about it being a gamble he plays or being fantasy relevant is coming from but I'd not have cut him. You say you don't need him but he's the WR6 on average and his one bad game he had all year he might have been playing with COVID.

Gave up on him in redraft to get an emergency QB yesterday after Lamar went down. Just don't see where I'm going to use him when I have DK, Allen, Cooks, Renfrow and EMoore, if someone wants to pick him up and gamble that he not only plays this season, but is actually fantasy relevant, then good luck to them

You dropped him to the wire without shopping him? I was able to flip him for Tyler Lockett on Friday.

titusbramble said:

I agree it is unlikely he will be fantasy relevant this season but dropping him is a bold call.  

5th for AVG points per game among WRs. To me, dropping him outright seems nuts.
This is a little overboard.  Who cares if he is 5th for pts per game.  He has only played in 5 of 11 weeks. He is also 44th in WR scoring.  It comes down to if you think he will have any value for your team.  Depending on what you need that could be near term or long term value.

Based on the video from last week it looks like he isn't close to coming back and might not be a factor for the fantasy regular season.  The guy couldn't trade him (past deadline).  He is probably in a win now or season is over situation.  It might not be the decision I would make but I can see reasons to justify the drop.

This is a little overboard.  Who cares if he is 5th for pts per game.  He has only played in 5 of 11 weeks. He is also 44th in WR scoring.  It comes down to if you think he will have any value for your team.  Depending on what you need that could be near term or long term value.

Based on the video from last week it looks like he isn't close to coming back and might not be a factor for the fantasy regular season.  The guy couldn't trade him (past deadline).  He is probably in a win now or season is over situation.  It might not be the decision I would make but I can see reasons to justify the drop.

Which part is overboard? 5th in AVG points per game among WRs is a fact.

There's also video of him running routes and taking passes from Brady:

https://youtu.be/zZ3ca6rKqLI

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians says WR Antonio Brown is making progress in his recovery from an ankle injury.

Brown hasn't played since suffering an ankle injury in Week 6. Arians' quote doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, as it may not be anything more than coach-speak. Practice reports over the next few days will give fantasy managers a much better idea of where Brown is in his recovery.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

Nov 23, 2021, 7:07 PM ET

Indeed. It's situational and I needed the points. In a spot where I've got Metcalf and Allen, then two high floor WR3's to choose from if I need floor as well as Elijah Moore if I need upside, the parlay of:

• Brown come back to playing before the fantasy season is over
  • Not only playing, but regaining the sort of production he was getting prior to the injury and not just getting lost in the Evans/Godwin/Gronk jumble
  • Doing so on a regular basis where he's an automatic start, rather than being a boom/bust option (which I have already)
Doesn't seem likely enough in my situation. If you've got the room to stash him, sure, your mileage may vary, but I don't. If I didn't cut him last week I'd need to cut him now in any case given I need a Kelce bye-week filler.

Antonio Brown (ankle) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

Barring a miracle Friday return to practice, Brown will miss his fifth straight game when the Bucs visit the Colts. 

Nov 25, 2021, 2:00 PM ET

Antonio Brown (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said Brown was doubtful to play in Week 13 against the Falcons. Brown hasn't taken the field since suffering his ankle injury in Week 6 and Arians added that he is dealing with a heel issue. Tampa Bay should have no problem getting by with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin as their top receivers. so expect them to slow-play Brown's return. Evans and Godwin both enter Week 13 as high-end WR2 options with plenty of upside versus a middling Atlanta defense.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

Dec 1, 2021, 12:05 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown (ankle) is expected to miss "at least the next two weeks."

Now dealing with a heel injury in addition to his ankle sprain, Brown has not played since way back in Week 6. The Bucs are fine with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin atop the depth chart and Rob Gronkowski back healthy at tight end, so they can afford to let Brown get fully healthy before bringing him back. Evans, Godwin, and Gronk will be solid fantasy options this week against the Falcons. 

RELATED: 

Mike Evans

, Chris Godwin

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 1, 2021, 3:31 PM ET

Oof. Suspended for 3 games for violating Covid rules. Link

I would hate for someone to take a flyer on him and start him in the Championship and he blows up, but really hard to justify holding him any longer.

For not lying to the NFL?
For deciding, on his own, that it was OK to ignore the agreed-upon requirement that non-vaccinated players must wear a mask at press conferences and on the sidelines, b/c he figured “everyone in the room is vaccinated and wearing a mask,” So I shouldn’t have to? 

For deciding, on his own, that it was OK to ignore the agreed-upon requirement that non-vaccinated players must wear a mask at press conferences and on the sidelines, b/c he figured “everyone in the room is vaccinated and wearing a mask,” So I shouldn’t have to? 
He did get fined for that. I'm not sure what constitutes violation causing fine vs suspension though. What AB did was MUCH more egregious. The guy committed a felony.

If you told me to pick one person in the league stupid enough to attempt buying fake vaccination cards, I would have guessed Antonio Brown.  He's a hot mess.

Sure. I don’t agree with how he handled things.  Doesn’t make it the same as Brown or a suspension worthy thing.  

Yeah he purchased a fake vaccine card which is a felony.
Yes, when was he convicted?

Because, the NFL said he “mis-represented his status” without any further explanation.  (Rodgers also misrepresented his status, BTW).  Brown’s agent or lawyer (not sure which) released a statement saying he is vaccinated, but chose not to appeal, in order to focus on his rehab, which would have kept him out for at least 2 of the 3 games, anyway.

So, no, he didn’t commit a felony, or at least none of us know he did.  You just choose to assume he did.

Users who are viewing this thread