What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (8 Viewers)

TripItUp said:
Surprised he isn't getting more "sleeper" love after what was a very good rookie season.  One of only a handful of QBs that have passed for 4K in the history of the league.  He certainly has 4600/36TD upside IMHO.

Targeting him in most drafts as a QB2...ADP is very nice.
Schedule much tougher this year, that being said he should put up decent numbers but I expect a lot of turnovers 

Ilov80s said:
It is debatable how predictive last year's SoS is, but Atlanta was a bad defense for QBs in fantasy last year. Median defense gave up 327 to QBs last year. Atlanta gave up 282. We can't say Atlanta is a tough match-up, but we definitely can't say it's a good match-up.
Thats cause people ran the ball down atls throat

Grahamburn said:
He'll probably always be undervalued. The negative stigma around him causes people to ignore the obvious football acumen. 

He looked utterly fantastic last night. I was watching the game with my brother in law who is an avid Jameis hater. BIL can't come to terms with it. Won't admit he's a budding star. Refuses to draft him in fantasy. It's pretty funny. 

I wouldn't worry about the schedule as much as the health of guys like VJAX and ASJ. If Vincent, who looked rather spry last night as well, stays healthy Jameis will have a nice year. 
I have a dopey friend who kept saying Evans bailed him out :lmao:

Fwiw

18 mos ago, I was not a believer

today I just drafted him as my qb2 and as  the first backup QB taken

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed him and Stafford in rounds 11 and 12 of my redraft on Sunday. 

Think they will make a tremendous pair to use all season, but I can envisage a few frustrating weeks where I'll no doubt play the wrong one. 

Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said it is "harder" to use no-huddle on the road.
"No-huddle is part of what we do; we're going to have to pick our spots," Koetter said. "That's one of the things that always comes into consideration when we're playing on the road is, 'How much no-huddle will we do?'" The Bucs' projected tempo increase is one of the best reasons to believe in a fantasy breakout for Jameis Winston, but it sounds like the offense will slow down on the road. Even so, Winston is a solid QB2 this week in Atlanta.

Source: ESPN 
Sep 10 - 12:30 PM

ATL is stingy against the pass, one of the best last year in denying WR production.  Last year, first  ATL/TB game, ATL held Winston to 177 yards and 1 TD.  2nd match-up,  227 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.  So I will say:

244 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

What a day.  I'm glad a I traded for him in dynasty this off season. Had a feeling his value would skyrocket this year. So far so good.

One day when I have way too much time on my hands I will go thru much of this thread and post a list of all the idiots s###ing on this guy after he was drafted.
Lol, can't imagine what was in these threads. There were a lot of Bucs fans saying he was a bust after week 1 last year because Mariota outplayed him.

There was a tinge of doubt in my mind after the early pick, then he basically played a perfect game.  Definitely his best.  He's moving better, looking at multiple options, and just generally looks so much more calm.  The game has slowed down for him. 

Lol, can't imagine what was in these threads. There were a lot of Bucs fans saying he was a bust after week 1 last year because Mariota outplayed him.
I felt he was a bust when they picked him due to ALL his off the field issues. He stunk in the first game compared to Mariota.

Today, he looked like a NFL QB and seemed to have good decision making. I'm warming up to the idea he is the face of the franchise. My fear is if he has success, he goes back to being a complete knuckle head off the field.

Loving how his targets looked today too, not just the stud WR but he spread it around to both RBs and both TEs. Great TD catch by ASJ. That's the kind of game that makes you really optimistic for the QB, when he's got all these guys around him who can make plays. 
True....and I think it was actually 3 TEs with 1-yarder to Myers...and it was good to see Humphries involved.

ShamrockPride said:
One day when I have way too much time on my hands I will go thru much of this thread and post a list of all the idiots s###ing on this guy after he was drafted.
Just start with that @lod01 guy. Claimed his scouting ability saw that Jameis would bust and the rest of us losers would figure it out later. :lmao:  God I miss him posting in here. Must be out scouting games. 

KCBuc said:
I felt he was a bust when they picked him due to ALL his off the field issues. He stunk in the first game compared to Mariota.

Today, he looked like a NFL QB and seemed to have good decision making. I'm warming up to the idea he is the face of the franchise. My fear is if he has success, he goes back to being a complete knuckle head off the field.
That's a silly thing to worry about. He stole some Pepsi and crab legs. He was 19-20 at the time. People grow up. 

Now if you think he's a sexual predator or something (I obviously don't) that's a whole other thing but that's not being a knucklehead. 

That's a silly thing to worry about. He stole down Pepsi and crab legs. He was 19-20 at the time. People grow up. 

Now if you think he's a sexual predator or something (I obviously don't) that's a whole other thing but that's not being a knucklehead. 
He was accused of sexually assaulting someone. He was accused of rape. He shoplifted at Publix. He was involved in a baseball fight and suspended for it. He was accused of stealing soda at burger king. He had a BB gun on fight and there was a large amount of damage caused on the campus. He was involved with a scandal of him signing autographs for profit. He benefited  because FSU swept it under the rug for their Heisman winner.

WInston was the one who needed to grow up. Maybe he did, but at the time and considering all the red flags (at least to me), I would have taken someone else if I were the GM. If he has success, it will be interesting if he reverts or actually learned something.

He was accused of sexually assaulting someone. He was accused of rape. He shoplifted at Publix. He was involved in a baseball fight and suspended for it. He was accused of stealing soda at burger king. He had a BB gun on fight and there was a large amount of damage caused on the campus. He was involved with a scandal of him signing autographs for profit. 
He was accused and never charged. Yes he shoplifted crab legs. I don't know what baseball fight you're talking about, that never happened. Yes he stole ketchup thimbles of Pepsi (literally). He did BB gun fight as an 18 year old. None of those are reasons to pass on a franchise QB  

The last one isn't a scandal at all. The NCAA and their dumb rules can eat ####.  

Anyway.  He looked fantastic.  Beautiful control of the offense.  Nice deep ball touch after the first two drives.  Got the team into the right play all day long.  Nice win on the road.

I'm excited to see what kind of chemistry he can build with ASJ should he be able to get through a whole season. That TD catch was a thing of beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread