What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Melvin Gordon, BAL (5 Viewers)

I can't wait to hear the, "$10mil/season is an INSULT" crew chime in this week. It was comical awhile ago. Now it's just sad listening to them spin and re-spin this. If only the chargers had Gordon playing all season they would be in the playoff hunt!

I can't wait to hear the, "$10mil/season is an INSULT" crew chime in this week. It was comical awhile ago. Now it's just sad listening to them spin and re-spin this. If only the chargers had Gordon playing all season they would be in the playoff hunt!
:goodposting:  

Would a team even trade a 2nd for Gordon right now?

He looks slow and unable to react or find some space. OL is not helping but he isn't making people miss either. 

Melvin Gordon rushed 16 times for 32 yards with a game-losing fumble in the Chargers' Week 7 loss to the Titans.

In epic Chargers fashion, Philip Rivers was setting up a comeback try with minutes remaining. Austin Ekeler, who severely outplayed Gordon again, got the Bolts to the goal-line, but Gordon ran into brick walls before fumbling the game away with seven seconds remaining. Brutal. Gordon didn't have much speed or agility today, but he at least walked away with a goal-line reception to partially save his fantasy stat line. The Chargers seem stubborn enough to keep using Gordon as the primary runner -- he had 16 carries to Ekeler's five -- so he'll be in the low-end RB2 mix next week in Chicago.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:15 PM ET

He actually fumbled thrice from the goal line today, only one wasn't counted.

This holdout really worked. Apologists are silly. 

Looks like Flash shoulda taken the multi year 10-11 million a year deal Chargers offered.  Probably won`t come close to that next year. Flash is playing for 5 this year so he already is 5-6 million in arrears that now will never make up.

Some of these players get some bad advice..

Last edited by a moderator:
Pouncey is out for the season. Okung's status is not known. In theory, he could return after week 7, but he is out due to a pulmonary embolism. That likely means he is on blood thinners, which makes it likely he will not play at all this season.

The Chargers probably have the worst OL in the NFL at this point.
The Bengals OL would like a word with you.  Lots of them.

Would a team even trade a 2nd for Gordon right now?

He looks slow and unable to react or find some space. OL is not helping but he isn't making people miss either. 
I couldn't see trading a 4 for him. He looks like he's running through quicksand with a piano on his back. Forget Ekeler, I'm not sure he's better than Jackson, when he comes back, hell even Pope looked better than this. We know Zeke spent his holdout training, Gordon looks like he spent his loafing.

He was the worst player on the field today. Every snap he played put the Chargers at a disadvantage. No surprise they almost came back and won when Ekeler played in the hurry up, and wilted when Gordon came back in. 

Chargers should honestly make him the backup, and just play uptempo all the time. Does it make the team unbalanced? Yes. Does that matter? No, not when its the only thing you can do successfully.

I couldn't see trading a 4 for him. He looks like he's running through quicksand with a piano on his back. Forget Ekeler, I'm not sure he's better than Jackson, when he comes back, hell even Pope looked better than this. We know Zeke spent his holdout training, Gordon looks like he spent his loafing.

He was the worst player on the field today. Every snap he played put the Chargers at a disadvantage. No surprise they almost came back and won when Ekeler played in the hurry up, and wilted when Gordon came back in. 

Chargers should honestly make him the backup, and just play uptempo all the time. Does it make the team unbalanced? Yes. Does that matter? No, not when its the only thing you can do successfully.
Lol.

if your glass is half full.... he was half a yard away from a pretty good fantasy day. 8 pt swing on that last play. he's not getting traded because the comp pick they get will be better than anything a team will offer for this year.

if your glass is half full.... he was half a yard away from a pretty good fantasy day. 8 pt swing on that last play. he's not getting traded because the comp pick they get will be better than anything a team will offer for this year.
If your glass is half empty, I could have scored the TD he got, it required zero skill, and isn't a sign of anything to come. He had no burst, no ball security, and offered little as a receiver beyond 1 play where  the defense didn't even bother covering him. 

Will the comp pick be higher? There is this assumption that Gordon is gonna get paid this offseason, and he probably had a much better chance of that had he not come back at all. I can't see giving him more than 4 million a year. That isn't getting a very high comp pick. maybe a late 5th rounder, and even then its in 2021, 

If the Chargers could get a 4 or a 5 right now, it'd be worth it. Gordon being gone improves the offense, a pick is just a nice bonus. 

Pope had the majority of his carries against the worst fantasy defense vs RBs this year.  How do people ignore stuff like that?

Evan Silva✔@evansilva

Since Melvin Gordon returned, 27 of his 36 carries have gained 3 yds or fewer (75%) with 2 fumbles

11 of his 14 targets have gained 3 yds or fewer (79%)

All told, plays intended for Gordon are averaging 2.3 yds

4 have gained 1st downs (8%)

#Chargers 0-3 since Gordon’s return

8:07 AM - Oct 21, 2019

Evan Silva✔@evansilva

Since Melvin Gordon returned, 27 of his 36 carries have gained 3 yds or fewer (75%) with 2 fumbles

11 of his 14 targets have gained 3 yds or fewer (79%)

All told, plays intended for Gordon are averaging 2.3 yds

4 have gained 1st downs (8%)

#Chargers 0-3 since Gordon’s return

8:07 AM - Oct 21, 2019
gee its almost like hes a pissed off employee......and their idiot coach keeps trotting him out there

RB A plays against the 1985 Bears

RB B plays against the 2019 Dolphins

JWB thinks it's valuable to say RB B is better than RB A :lmao:
Who cares about Pope? That doesn't take away from the main point that Gordon is trash right now. Have you watched him run??? The stats bare that out.

I also like the comparison to Elliot who runs behind a top 5 OL.  There's obviously no difference between the success of a RB running behind one of the best OL in the league and quite possibly the worst.  

MindBomb said:
Who cares about Pope? That doesn't take away from the main point that Gordon is trash right now. Have you watched him run??? The stats bare that out.
Yes.  Ekeler also has stunk with 13 rushes for 28 yards in their last three games.  The OL is not generating any holes for their RBs to run.  

tjnc09 said:

RB A = 115 total yards / 103 snaps = 1.1 yd/snap   |    115 total yds / 45 touches = 2.6 yd / touch    |     1 TD    |  1 fumble lost

RB B = 246 total yards / 112 snaps = 2.3 yd/snap   |   246 total yds / 38 touches = 6.5 yd / touch     |      1 TD   |  1 fumble lost

The principles of mathematics proves RB B is better than RB A by a factor of approximately 2x.   :lmao:

tjnc09 said:

I said no such thing. I simply pointed out that the Pope reference in @travdogg's post was not the point of the post, yet that is what you zeroed in on and continue to harp on several posts later.

Beyond that, I can tell you that Pope looked better in training camp and preseason than Gordon has looked at any point since he ended his holdout. So did Newsome, who is on the practice squad. That's what Gordon is right now -- a practice squad level player.

But instead of discussing Gordon, why don't you make some more strawman posts, since that is what you seem to be best at.

I said no such thing. I simply pointed out that the Pope reference in @travdogg's post was not the point of the post, yet that is what you zeroed in on and continue to harp on several posts later.

Beyond that, I can tell you that Pope looked better in training camp and preseason than Gordon has looked at any point since he ended his holdout. So did Newsome, who is on the practice squad. That's what Gordon is right now -- a practice squad level player.

But instead of discussing Gordon, why don't you make some more strawman posts, since that is what you seem to be best at.
WOW it's amazing that a player looked better in preseason and training camp against scrubs and nobodies compared to a player running behind one of the worst OL in the league against starting DL :lmao:

RB A = 115 total yards / 103 snaps = 1.1 yd/snap   |    115 total yds / 45 touches = 2.6 yd / touch    |     1 TD    |  1 fumble lost

RB B = 246 total yards / 112 snaps = 2.3 yd/snap   |   246 total yds / 38 touches = 6.5 yd / touch     |      1 TD   |  1 fumble lost

The principles of mathematics proves RB B is better than RB A by a factor of approximately 2x.   :lmao:
Lmao. Do the same per rush now.

Yes.  Ekeler also has stunk with 13 rushes for 28 yards in their last three games.  The OL is not generating any holes for their RBs to run.  
You couldn't be missing the point by more.

The point is that running Gordon into brick walls and constantly getting into 2nd and 10 like situations does no good for anybody. Its a waste of a play, and the Chargers are dumping a dozen or so a game doing it.

Ekeler brings so much more to the offense because of his pass catching, teams have to account for it, whether he actually gets it or not. Any defense will have a hell of a time accounting for Allen, Williams, Henry, and Ekeler. That is the way the offense can win, running Gordon is what the defense wants, because its easy to stop. Yes the o-line is in rough shape, but so is Gordon. He's not doing anything that suggests he's going to turn it around. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone trade him in dynasty lately? What's a realistic asking price with the unknown on where he'll possibly be next year?  1 first? 2 firsts? a first and second?

I just came here to say that Gordon is trash and should not have come back. The team was better without him. If he thinks he will get a big contract after this season he is nuts. 

Anyone trade him in dynasty lately? What's a realistic asking price with the unknown on where he'll possibly be next year?  1 first? 2 firsts? a first and second?
I would be shocked if anyone could get a 1st for him at this point in dynasty due to the question marks of where will he play, will he even get a contract with any team due to how many young RBs are out there and the way the game has changed to RBBC. I think he's a selfish player who doesn't even deserve to start on the Chargers right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread