What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

Hey Hawks/Ditka, can you get Daisy Cutter? Its been high on my list for a while...ever get lucky and see Galactic Double Daisy Cutter?
It's here all the time...if I had known would have brought some with me. Galactic is a once a year beer at the brewery only and they just released it. Released on the Friday I got back from FL and bombers were sold out and the growlers were done at noon at Sat.

Hey Hawks/Ditka, can you get Daisy Cutter? Its been high on my list for a while...ever get lucky and see Galactic Double Daisy Cutter?
It's here all the time...if I had known would have brought some with me. Galactic is a once a year beer at the brewery only and they just released it. Released on the Friday I got back from FL and bombers were sold out and the growlers were done at noon at Sat.
I didn't even realize DC was a Half Acre beer. I'll have to get some next time we swap.

Just picked up a mixed 6 pack of Funky Buddha More Moro (Blood Orange IPA), Sixpoint Jammer (Gose), Boulevard Hibiscus Gose, and Brooklyn Sorachi Ace. While I was shopping I had a draft of Two Henry's Roasted Jalapeno Blueberry Porter, it was pretty good.

They have 12 packs of Racer 5 at TotalWine for $14.99. Can't pass that up.

BTW, TotalWine is the greatest store for beer/wine/liquor on the planet. Selection of everything is incredible and prices are lowest. See if there is one near you. Not too many of them but they are in 16 states.

They have 12 packs of Racer 5 at TotalWine for $14.99. Can't pass that up.

BTW, TotalWine is the greatest store for beer/wine/liquor on the planet. Selection of everything is incredible and prices are lowest. See if there is one near you. Not too many of them but they are in 16 states.
Yup, the ones in Tampa and Sarasota have the best craft selection Ive ever seen aside from actual craft beer stores. I love having one 45 minutes away.Eta: I haven't had a Racer 5 in a while. Great beer, one of the first IPAs that got me hooked on craft.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Sixpoint Jammer Gose I picked up earlier to try now has me wondering if it even resembles a Gose...from a review on BA:

Subtly salty (just a hint of Maldon), ocean-y and savory with a hint of crab and wind-combed beach sand.

lol a hint of crab and sand?

:lmao:

So the Sixpoint Jammer Gose I picked up earlier to try now has me wondering if it even resembles a Gose...from a review on BA:

Subtly salty (just a hint of Maldon), ocean-y and savory with a hint of crab and wind-combed beach sand.

This is the most Un-Gose-like Gose Ive ever had. No salt, no sour...it kind of has a hint of soap taste. Horrible representation of the style. The slim cans are cute though.

Just picked up a mixed 6 pack of Funky Buddha More Moro (Blood Orange IPA), Sixpoint Jammer (Gose), Boulevard Hibiscus Gose, and Brooklyn Sorachi Ace. While I was shopping I had a draft of Two Henry's Roasted Jalapeno Blueberry Porter, it was pretty good.
That at the place you sent us to for the Carmel Flan ale? That place was cool as ####.

stores also can't refill growlers or sell those mini bottles of liquor they serve on airplanes in Chicago.
One of the silliest alcohol-related laws here is the single beer law. You cannot buy a single 12 oz beer from a store. But you can buy a single 22 oz beer from a store. :loco:
Jeebus. and I thought Florida has some whack alcohol laws.
I can buy singles at my shop...but I am in the burbs not the city.

I'm trying to think if CA even has any alcohol laws
We have terrible growler laws. Most states let you fill any containers anywhere (think bars and whole foods taps). We have to have a growler from the specific brewery and fill it only at breweries. Most people are pretty confused when I explain that to them.

This is the most Un-Gose-like Gose Ive ever had. No salt, no sour...it kind of has a hint of soap taste. Horrible representation of the style. The slim cans are cute though.
If you know anyone up in Maryland have them send you cans of Union Craft's Old Pro. Great Gose.

Also, Chicago essentially has no open container laws. They may be on the books, but you can walk anywhere in the city with a beer in your hand with no fear of harassment. You guys got it better than you know.

Watching the Bolts - Rangers game and on my second FB More Moro. I like the 2nd more than the first, its very drinkable and the blood orange is showing up nicely.

stores also can't refill growlers or sell those mini bottles of liquor they serve on airplanes in Chicago.
The first part is f'ing horrible. Place in FL that Wing sent me to had a good beer selection and 5 drafts.
Yep. They opened a place by me called Open Bottle that last weekend had Maine Lunch, Grapefruit Sculpin, and others on tap. Would have been great to just show up with a growler or 4 for those alone.

One of the silliest alcohol-related laws here is the single beer law. You cannot buy a single 12 oz beer from a store. But you can buy a single 22 oz beer from a store. :loco:
Jeebus. and I thought Florida has some whack alcohol laws.
I can buy singles at my shop...but I am in the burbs not the city.
Same here.

When was this put in place? I remember when I lived in Lincoln Park in the mid to late 90's and going to Sam's Wine and Liquors (now Binnys LP) and getting single Belgian bottles.

I didn't realize Chicago had those awful laws. It seems like a beer paradise when I go to Binnys, but I guess nothing is as seems.

Do you have Friday's restaurants in Chicago? How do they operate because they advertise every hour is happy hour. If the law was put in place to ban Friday's than it might be worth keeping around.

Do you have Friday's restaurants in Chicago? How do they operate because they advertise every hour is happy hour. If the law was put in place to ban Friday's than it might be worth keeping around.
IIRC there isn't any alcohol specials only appetizers or other food specials.

It's my local Pizza Port's anniversary party today. Started at my soccer bar at 930am for the FA Cup final. Walked across the street to meet the lady and drink a Nelson. Now back at the soccer bar for the Copa del Rey final. Then finally hit the port party. :banned:

I'm on my way to the Burning Can beer festival hosted by Oskar Blues up in Lyons, CO. It's a really cool festival. We're camping in this scenic spot in the foothills of the Rockies directly next to the beer festival, which features canned beers from 50+ breweries. They have all kinds of sporting events going on, a beer relay race, lots of food trucks, and a concert by the Revivalists tonight.

Funky Buddhas 2 year anniversary block party is today, I was gonna make the 3 hour drive and stay overnight, but got a service call I gotta do...they've got around 100 beers on tap....dammit.

Knee Deep Hoptologist DIPA. Good, not great. Was hoping for some of their other beers, which were listed on the beer shop's site, but I guess they sold out.

I will see that for a 9% beer, it is pretty clean and not overly sweet or with a syrupy mouth feel. Interested in trying their other double and triple IPAs.

Knee Deep Hoptologist DIPA. Good, not great. Was hoping for some of their other beers, which were listed on the beer shop's site, but I guess they sold out.

I will see that for a 9% beer, it is pretty clean and not overly sweet or with a syrupy mouth feel. Interested in trying their other double and triple IPAs.
I've had their Simtra Triple IPA (11.25%), and it was one of the best high ABV IPAs I've had. Super hoppy and not too malty. Dangerous drinkability for 11+%.

Users who are viewing this thread