What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

Picked up two growlers of The Stalk from Proclamation Ale in West Kingston, RI. This brewery is located in the back of a local lumber yard but they are cranking out some great brew although their supply is very limited. You can find their 1.5 IPA (tendril) on tap at about a half dozen bars in the state but otherwise you need to be at their brewery on Fri or Sat afternoon for growlers and limited bottles.

The Stalk is a limited edition dialed back DIPA from a limited they put out last year. It was 10.6 but this one is coming in at 8.6. Excellent DIPA although I think I still like the Tendril a tad more

Knee Deep Hoptologist DIPA. Good, not great. Was hoping for some of their other beers, which were listed on the beer shop's site, but I guess they sold out.

I will see that for a 9% beer, it is pretty clean and not overly sweet or with a syrupy mouth feel. Interested in trying their other double and triple IPAs.
It's tough to get a triple that isn't sweet, DIPAs that aren't sweet are a bit easier to find though.

Funky Buddhas 2 year anniversary block party is today, I was gonna make the 3 hour drive and stay overnight, but got a service call I gotta do...they've got around 100 beers on tap....dammit.
Oof. That's a kick to the nuts.
I know, right? but Sue showing up in bottles makes it all better...and Im going fishing in the morning, so Ill be ok. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Funky Buddhas 2 year anniversary block party is today, I was gonna make the 3 hour drive and stay overnight, but got a service call I gotta do...they've got around 100 beers on tap....dammit.
Oof. That's a kick to the nuts.
I know, right? but Sue showing up in bottles makes it all better...and Im going fishing in the morning, so Ill be ok. lol
Awesome, that Sue is a big win!

Knee Deep Hoptologist DIPA. Good, not great. Was hoping for some of their other beers, which were listed on the beer shop's site, but I guess they sold out.

I will see that for a 9% beer, it is pretty clean and not overly sweet or with a syrupy mouth feel. Interested in trying their other double and triple IPAs.
It's tough to get a triple that isn't sweet, DIPAs that aren't sweet are a bit easier to find though.
No doubt, but I still find a lot that I am disappointed i and it seems like once they go beyond the mid 8's, I rarely like them. My favorite beers are DIPAs, so I'm constantly trying new ones, which is probably why I get disappointed so often.

So far tonight:

Mikkellar Simcoe IPA - Very good

Rev Fist City - good/very good

Rev Homefront IPA -good/very good

Next up Slapshot Citra Session.

Hey Hawks/Ditka, can you get Daisy Cutter? Its been high on my list for a while...ever get lucky and see Galactic Double Daisy Cutter?
It's here all the time...if I had known would have brought some with me. Galactic is a once a year beer at the brewery only and they just released it. Released on the Friday I got back from FL and bombers were sold out and the growlers were done at noon at Sat.
I didn't even realize DC was a Half Acre beer. I'll have to get some next time we swap.
One of the finest beers in the world IMO.

Resurgence Imperial Red IPA (hack>hey)
Resurgence Session IPA

Resurgence Summer Saison

Resurgence Dry-Hopped Kolsch

Resurgence Nice Melons

Boulevard 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat

Surly Furious

Hey Hawks/Ditka, can you get Daisy Cutter? Its been high on my list for a while...ever get lucky and see Galactic Double Daisy Cutter?
It's here all the time...if I had known would have brought some with me. Galactic is a once a year beer at the brewery only and they just released it. Released on the Friday I got back from FL and bombers were sold out and the growlers were done at noon at Sat.
I didn't even realize DC was a Half Acre beer. I'll have to get some next time we swap.
One of the finest beers in the world IMO.
To me it's not in their Top 3.

Pony is right up there for me. Heyoka is good, Akari Shogun is good, neither of them top Daisy Cutter in my book. I liked Torus a lot but only had it once. I've had some of the other big bottle and tap offerings but Daisy Cutter/Double Daisy Cutter/Galactic Double :wub: :wub: . Wife-to-be's sister lives in Chicago and brings me some Daisy Cutter every time she comes home. She paid me to do her taxes with a 4-pack of Daisy Cutter and a 6-pack of Anti-Hero. I've been wearing a Half Acre t-shirt all day, actually.

Pony is right up there for me. Heyoka is good, Akari Shogun is good, neither of them top Daisy Cutter in my book. I liked Torus a lot but only had it once. I've had some of the other big bottle and tap offerings but Daisy Cutter/Double Daisy Cutter/Galactic Double :wub: :wub: . Wife-to-be's sister lives in Chicago and brings me some Daisy Cutter every time she comes home. She paid me to do her taxes with a 4-pack of Daisy Cutter and a 6-pack of Anti-Hero. I've been wearing a Half Acre t-shirt all day, actually.
Vallejo

Senita/Heyoka

Space

Lead Feather

ETA been wearing my SquidOwl shirt all day today :thumbup:

Can't wait to try some Daisy Cutter next week!

Loved Senita and Anti Hero.

Attn Chicago beerguys that like Citra hops. Slapshot released a new IPA Citra Madness. It's excellent. Go find it. It's 5.5% so you can drink a ####ton. 24oz (I think) cans.

I also sent you an Akari Shogun last year. It was a hoppy wheat. Not sure if you remember that. Half Acre kills it.

Last night was:

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo

I also sent you an Akari Shogun last year. It was a hoppy wheat. Not sure if you remember that. Half Acre kills it.

Last night was:

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo
You get Vallejo in growlers or are the cans out by you? You should effort to find the Slapshot Citra Madness. I will be going to get more of it, 5.5% and less than 6 bucks a can IIRC.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Wingnut said:

Last night was:

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo
You get Vallejo in growlers or are the cans out by you? You should effort to find the Slapshot Citra Madness. I will be going to get more of it, 5.5% and less than 6 bucks a can IIRC.
Got it in cans. As a matter of fact, I think one is calling my name right now....

I will keep an eye out for it.

Also picked up some Balling the Queen imperial IPA from Tyranena (brewed with Citra and honey) that I can't wait to try.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Wingnut said:

Last night was:

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo
Got it in cans. As a matter of fact, I think one is calling my name right now....

Also picked up some Balling the Queen imperial IPA from Tyranena (brewed with Citra and honey) that I can't wait to try.
:kicksrocks: not in cans out by me yet....but going to Half Acre on Sat for Beer Hates Astronaut. Brewery only. Anyone else planning on going lmk.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Wingnut said:

Last night was:

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo

:kicksrocks: not in cans out by me yet....but going to Half Acre on Sat for Beer Hates Astronaut. Brewery only. Anyone else planning on going lmk.
Crap. I have some other commitment on Sat or I would consider it.

And I agree with your assessment that DC is down the list of their beers...and that says a lot since it's a great beer.

Shogun time!

Got a box from Hawks today, inside were these goodies:

Half Acre Daisy Cutter, Slapshot Citra Madness, Evil Twin Citra Sunshine Slacker, Mikkeller Simcoe IPA, Revolution Fist City and Homefront IPA.

Thanks, Hawks! Thems some nice extras!

http://i.imgur.com/5KU7pJH.jpg

The Homefront looks exactly like Cigar City's. I wish I had a can of it to compare.

I didn't put any extras in your box, I figured you got yours when you were here ;)

I also sent you an Akari Shogun last year. It was a hoppy wheat. Not sure if you remember that. Half Acre kills it. Last night was:

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo
Yup, I remember and I liked it. I thought Anti Hero was HA, but its Revolution...

Drinking my first ever Daisy Cutter...great beer, a real easy drinker. Id probably have this in my APA rotation if it was available here. Ive recently got back into TBBC's Reef Donkey since its back on shelves in Tampa, at $10/4 pack 16oz cans its a no brainer and IMO the best APA in Florida. In fact, Ive kind of been on an APA kick recently...love the hops without the higher ABV since its been Hot as Helles here lately. lol

Daisy Cutter is only my 4th Half Acre beer Ive tried, but its definitely in my top 3 beers from them so far (Senita, Vallejo, Akari Shogun being the other 3 Ive tried). Chicago is a pretty awesome beer city.

Oh, snap! Cigar City just released 4 packs of White Oak Jai Alai at the brewery. Guess Im stopping by tonight on my way to Clearwater for work.

I also sent you an Akari Shogun last year. It was a hoppy wheat. Not sure if you remember that. Half Acre kills it. Last night was:

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo
Yup, I remember and I liked it. I thought Anti Hero was HA, but its Revolution...

Drinking my first ever Daisy Cutter...great beer, a real easy drinker. Id probably have this in my APA rotation if it was available here. Ive recently got back into TBBC's Reef Donkey since its back on shelves in Tampa, at $10/4 pack 16oz cans its a no brainer and IMO the best APA in Florida. In fact, Ive kind of been on an APA kick recently...love the hops without the higher ABV since its been Hot as Helles here lately. lol

Daisy Cutter is only my 4th Half Acre beer Ive tried, but its definitely in my top 3 beers from them so far (Senita, Vallejo, Akari Shogun being the other 3 Ive tried). Chicago is a pretty awesome beer city.
Might be tough to do but where does it rank in the Half Acre lineup for you?

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo

I rank the Half Acre beers Ive tried as follows:

1 Senita

1a Vallejo

2 Daisy Cutter

3 Akari Shogun

Now I just need some Glactic Double Daisy to compare. lol

Revolution Fist City

Surly Furious

Half Acre Vallejo

I rank the Half Acre beers Ive tried as follows:

1 Senita

1a Vallejo

2 Daisy Cutter

3 Akari Shogun

Now I just need some Glactic Double Daisy to compare. lol
Missed that one :kicksrock: But am going to try and grab this on Sat.

Reading the comments it looks like some will hit distribution.
on FB?

ETA sounds like this will be as popular as Galatic double daisy cutter....so I may have no chance on Sat. No way I can get down there on Friday :kickrock:

Reading the comments it looks like some will hit distribution.
on FB?ETA sounds like this will be as popular as Galatic double daisy cutter....so I may have no chance on Sat. No way I can get down there on Friday :kickrock:
Well, not with that attitude, mister.
Just talked to my buddy who lives down there....sounds like fewer bombers than Galactic and higher demand. He's a the biggest beer nerd I know and he says it's Top 5 IPA he's ever had.

Modern Times put on 4 different rum barrel aged stouts today and Council did did a tap takeover of their fruited berliners. 12 on tap. I'm probably going to skip the Russian River event at Pizza Port later. I love this town.

Modern Times put on 4 different rum barrel aged stouts today and Council did did a tap takeover of their fruited berliners. 12 on tap. I'm probably going to skip the Russian River event at Pizza Port later. I love this town.
wow. That's nice. I was just happy Deschutes brought Fresh Squeezed to my local bar. You win.

Users who are viewing this thread