What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

I spent the night jumping around to a few different rural Alabama bars before heading back to the hotel to drink some of the beers I picked up in Birmingham. Nothing too exciting, but here's what I drank:

Back Forty Freckle Belly IPA

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan brown ale

Sweetwater Waterkeeper hefeweizen

Coors Light

Good People Coffee Oatmeal Stout

Westbrook Gose

definitely don't recommend drinking a gose immediately after jerking off as the saltiness can be a little off-putting. That said, I still found the Westbrook Gose to be one of the better goses that I've had.
:lmao:

Jacobins Rouge, courtesy of Ilov80s. One of the best sours in existence.

Thanks, GB!

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent the night jumping around to a few different rural Alabama bars before heading back to the hotel to drink some of the beers I picked up in Birmingham. Nothing too exciting, but here's what I drank:

Coors Light

Westbrook Gose

definitely don't recommend drinking a gose immediately after jerking off as the saltiness can be a little off-putting. That said, I still found the Westbrook Gose to be one of the better goses that I've had.
Jesus, that's great.

Thanks, GB!
Indeed. I had the Reef Donkey and Coppertail beer yesterday,l. Coppertail one was solid, but Reef Donkey was a lot better IMO.At the brand new brewery down the street from me: Canton Brew Works. Their Night Stranger Stout is quite good: chocolate, coffe, cherry, vanilla and bourbon hints.

Now their Nugget SMASH. Meh. Not much flavor.

Thanks, GB!
Indeed. I had the Reef Donkey and Coppertail beer yesterday,l. Coppertail one was solid, but Reef Donkey was a lot better IMO.At the brand new brewery down the street from me: Canton Brew Works. Their Night Stranger Stout is quite good: chocolate, coffe, cherry, vanilla and bourbon hints.

I love the Donkey. Very underrated APA IMO. CCB's Invasion gets all the press around here as far as APAs go, and its very good but I like the dank notes in the RD.

Having a Blind Pig now...man, I like it better than Pliny - thats not to say Pliny isnt great, cuz it is...but I like the hop bite of this better.

This was my 397th rated beer on BA...trying to decide what number 400 is gonna be here in a bit...

Ohh, and I love trying new breweries. Theres 2 or 3 in the Tampa Bay area I need to check out.

Thanks, GB!

I love the Donkey. Very underrated APA IMO. CCB's Invasion gets all the press around here as far as APAs go, and its very good but I like the dank notes in the RD.Having a Blind Pig now...man, I like it better than Pliny - thats not to say Pliny isnt great, cuz it is...but I like the hop bite of this better.

This was my 397th rated beer on BA...trying to decide what number 400 is gonna be here in a bit...

Ohh, and I love trying new breweries. Theres 2 or 3 in the Tampa Bay area I need to check out.
First time having Blind Pig? You drink so much anazing beer, I just assume that you have had everything.

Lolz...just got a text from a buddy in San Diego who has owed me a box of beer for like a year....about a month or so ago he texted me saying he picked me up some Nelson and Duet...then I hear nothing til today...he says hes at Oceanside Ale Works and is picking up more beer to send me....About 7-8 months ago he picked up a 6 pack of Grapefruit Sculpin for me (he said he was gonna get more beers to send with it), and about 3 months after that I told him to go ahead and drink em because we could get it here now (even though it was really because it was 3+ months old). Hell, by the time I get the Nelson and Duet, we will have bottles available here, and starting next week we will have it here on draft.

I dont have the heart to tell him to not send the Alpine, Ill just drink em, even though they wont be anywhere ear fresh.

Ive tried to explain to him that IPAs are best fresh, but he just doesnt get it. :kicksrock:

Thanks, GB!

I love the Donkey. Very underrated APA IMO. CCB's Invasion gets all the press around here as far as APAs go, and its very good but I like the dank notes in the RD.Having a Blind Pig now...man, I like it better than Pliny - thats not to say Pliny isnt great, cuz it is...but I like the hop bite of this better.

First time having Blind Pig? You drink so much anazing beer, I just assume that you have had everything.
Yes, first Pig....for some reason its harder to trade for than Pliny. I havent really had too many high rated west coast beers, even though Ive got a good buddy in San Diego, and my Dad lives 5 minutes from the Bruery in Anaheim. Go figure. lol

The best Ive had form Cali I got from Sebowski and Men In Cleats via trades...theres so many damn breweries out there its hard to nail down ones to target. Id rather leave it to the locals to pick em out for me.

Lolz...just got a text from a buddy in San Diego who has owed me a box of beer for like a year....about a month or so ago he texted me saying he picked me up some Nelson and Duet...then I hear nothing til today...he says hes at Oceanside Ale Works and is picking up more beer to send me....About 7-8 months ago he picked up a 6 pack of Grapefruit Sculpin for me (he said he was gonna get more beers to send with it), and about 3 months after that I told him to go ahead and drink em because we could get it here now (even though it was really because it was 3+ months old). Hell, by the time I get the Nelson and Duet, we will have bottles available here, and starting next week we will have it here on draft.

I dont have the heart to tell him to not send the Alpine, Ill just drink em, even though they wont be anywhere ear fresh.

Ive tried to explain to him that IPAs are best fresh, but he just doesnt get it. :kicksrock:
Where are you going to have Nelson on draft?

And I have a case of Grapefruit Sculpin and Dorado on it's way for a grand total of 20 bucks. Plus all that velveteen habit. hello drinking.

Where are you going to have Nelson on draft?

And I have a case of Grapefruit Sculpin and Dorado on it's way for a grand total of 20 bucks. Plus all that velveteen habit. hello drinking.
Alpine kegs are here, but the only place Ive heard that has Nelson is Miami so far...hopefully in a week or so somewhere closer will have it...I can get Duet and Hoppy Birthday on draft at a few places right now...

Holy. Hell.

Just popped the cork on a Firestone Walker Sour Opal....world friggin class to say the least. God I love a good sour...oak, white grapes, maybe a little apricot, a touch of phenols and funk with some lemon tartness....damn.

I'd love to get another one of these.

So my trip to South Carolina is getting closer. Need some recommendations on breweries to hit. I think the plan is, as of right now, to hit Wicked Weed and NoDa on the way out. Not sure if there are others I should consider or would be better? Beers to try and find while going through the Carolinas?

Dan Lambskin said:
Wingnut said:
Buckfast 1 said:

Coors Light

Westbrook Gose

:lmao: :lmao:

So my trip to South Carolina is getting closer. Need some recommendations on breweries to hit. I think the plan is, as of right now, to hit Wicked Weed and NoDa on the way out. Not sure if there are others I should consider or would be better? Beers to try and find while going through the Carolinas?
For Charlotte, Birdsong is close to NoDa and have solid but not spectacular beers. Sycamore is a new brewery putting out some tasty brews, Sugar Creek is alright and if you like authentic german style beers and a cool atmosphere then Olde Mecklenburg is your place.

Rough week or work this week, contemplating sitting by the fire tonight drinking one of my 2007 Bourbon County Stout's or may just crash in a somber/sober mood.

For Charlotte, Birdsong is close to NoDa and have solid but not spectacular beers. Sycamore is a new brewery putting out some tasty brews, Sugar Creek is alright and if you like authentic german style beers and a cool atmosphere then Olde Mecklenburg is your place.
Thanks! I'll look those up other than the german beer place, not a big fan of the style.

Having a Sixpoint Jammer...its tasting pretty good after mowing the lawn and sweating about 10 gallons of water.

Thanks! I'll look those up other than the german beer place, not a big fan of the style.
Where in SC are you going? Coat brewing in Charleston has a good IPA (Hop Art, should be easy to find in stores all over) and a great DIPA (Boy King, not sure if its easy to find). Also, Im not sure if you get Westbrook in Chicago, but they distro all over SC, their IPA is solid as is Citrus Ninja...and if you see any of their Gose, feel free to pick a few up for me ;)

In NC, look for Jade IPA and Seeing Double DIPA by Foothills brewing, very solid...I also found (and liked) Ska Brewing's Modus Hoperandi IPA. In Charlotte, if you can hit a bottle shop, Salud is where you wanna stop. They have cans, bottles and draft. Their current beer list

If you pass through Fort Mill, SC (just south of Charlotte on I77), stop into Grapevine (click for beer list) its right off the interstate in Baxter Village. They have a great selection of both beer and wine, and Baxter Village is cool as hell with shops, restaurants, etc...your family wiill love it.

Thats all I got right now.

Where in SC are you going? Coat brewing in Charleston has a good IPA (Hop Art, should be easy to find in stores all over) and a great DIPA (Boy King, not sure if its easy to find). Also, Im not sure if you get Westbrook in Chicago, but they distro all over SC, their IPA is solid as is Citrus Ninja...and if you see any of their Gose, feel free to pick a few up for me ;)

In NC, look for Jade IPA and Seeing Double DIPA by Foothills brewing, very solid...I also found (and liked) Ska Brewing's Modus Hoperandi IPA. In Charlotte, if you can hit a bottle shop, Salud is where you wanna stop. They have cans, bottles and draft. Their current beer list

If you pass through Fort Mill, SC (just south of Charlotte on I77), stop into Grapevine (click for beer list) its right off the interstate in Baxter Village. They have a great selection of both beer and wine, and Baxter Village is cool as hell with shops, restaurants, etc...your family wiill love it.

Going to Myrtle Beach but driving through Asheville to hit (and I think eat at) Wicked Weed, then spend the night in Charlotte. Leave the next morning for the the beach. Planning on stopping to and from I think. But wanted to see if there were places in Charlotte and Asheville that should be on the list.

And you know I'll grab a few for you GB!

2013 - Double Daisy Cutter :mellow:

guy at work found one at home in his cellar. Not bad. Smells like a barleywine, but drinking like a pale ale. Not bad.

Where in SC are you going? Coat brewing in Charleston has a good IPA (Hop Art, should be easy to find in stores all over) and a great DIPA (Boy King, not sure if its easy to find). Also, Im not sure if you get Westbrook in Chicago, but they distro all over SC, their IPA is solid as is Citrus Ninja...and if you see any of their Gose, feel free to pick a few up for me ;) In NC, look for Jade IPA and Seeing Double DIPA by Foothills brewing, very solid...I also found (and liked) Ska Brewing's Modus Hoperandi IPA. In Charlotte, if you can hit a bottle shop, Salud is where you wanna stop. They have cans, bottles and draft. Their current beer list

Going to Myrtle Beach but driving through Asheville to hit (and I think eat at) Wicked Weed, then spend the night in Charlotte. Leave the next morning for the the beach. Planning on stopping to and from I think. But wanted to see if there were places in Charlotte and Asheville that should be on the list.And you know I'll grab a few for you GB!
Toward the end of a trip through VA and pretty much all through NC.Wicked Weed food is pretty good and if you are trying to be efficient, it is good enough to eat at, but there are lots of other great places to eat. I would do the main location, not the funkatorium, for the larger menu, and, to be honest, the sours that we had were not the best. Maybe we should have done the bottles for better experience, but we went for flights to try more. Freak of nature and the current other double iOS, passion fruit, were really good.

Green man wayfarer ipa was really good, and some of the others were good.

Burial had a good double ipa, but only thing I had. Got a bottle of a rye ipa aged in eye barrels ( or something like that) for later.

Asheville brewing was a cool spot and the beer was good enough. Have a few more bottles still to try.

Hi-wire was meh.

Noda was great. Place was packed on a Tuesday night and it is in the middle of nowhere, relatively speaking.

Birdsong was a nice space, but beer was ok. Jalapeño pale ale was actually good and by far the best hot pepper beer I've ever had.

Mother Earth brewing is solid, if not spectacular. ipa and porch pale ale is pretty good and there other Germanic styles are solidly done.

I have to come back for more info, because I don't want to lose this post...

Deep river white ipa is from somewhere else in nc. Had it on draft and I liked it.

Parkway get bent ipa is from like Roanoke va or something and was good.

There was one more I had in WV, but can't remember now. I have more stuff I collected in bottles and cans (bottles and cans, just clap your hands) that I will have to comment on at a later time.

Also, battlefield brew works in Gettysburg has terrible beer and liquor, though the space is cool.

Carolina brewery in chapel hill is slightly above average. Pretty basic stuff.

Jesus BIL brought over the case of Dorado, Grapefruit Sculpin and a six of Buckledown Belt and Suspenders. 20.00. Can't even get Miller lite that cheap.

Having my first Trillium...Double Dry Hopped Fort Point...holy wow...I may have a new favorite APA. Just perfect.

ETA: halfway through the 750ml...this beer is a friggin masterpiece. I am seriously blown away by how damn good it is.

Also, discovered FW Easy Jack in canned 6-packs for the first time at the store today, must have gotten here in the last week or so. Awesome. I was in the market for a light summery 6-pack. Looked at the canned date.....canned 3/25/15. What the ####? I mean, I'm sure it's still fine, but 3 1/2 months old and it's just showing up now? They had a whole display of it!

I ended up with Victory Summer Love instead. Love that beer.

Whoever was the Buffalo guy asking about Southern Tier Choklat Oranj, they definitely have it at the Wegmans on Amherst St. 100%.
how are these ST? couldn't pull the trigger on picking some up and went with chocolate yetis instead.
I've never had it. Can't recall the last time I bought a Southern Tier even though they're relatively local, ~60-90 minutes south of here. I just know someone was asking about it and I saw it on the shelf again tonight.

I just looked up that Buckle Down Belt & Suspenders yesterday, I heard it was good.

Do any of you Chicago guys ever see the Destihl Wild Sour series cans? Theyre out of Bloomington.

I just looked up that Buckle Down Belt & Suspenders yesterday, I heard it was good.

Do any of you Chicago guys ever see the Destihl Wild Sour series cans? Theyre out of Bloomington.
Never looked for it, but I know a couple of guys down in that area of IL. Might be able to find it somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread