What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

Oh man...at Funky Buddha kickoff. So far:

Maple Bacon Coffee Porter: really good.

No Crusts (PBJ brown ale): decent

Key Lime Berliner: damn. Crazy good.

Waiting on Pineapple Hop Gun which is having a foam problem at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
At Coppertail, doing some sampling:

Lingonberry Florida Weiss

Dragonberry Acai FL Weiss

Boysenberry FL Weiss

Citrus IPA (orange & grapefruit)

About to head to Cigar City Cider & Mead for the Funky Buddha bash
Any way to ship that Acai beer? Or is it a DONG (Draft Only No Growlers)?

Boysenberry FL Weiss

Same question for the Key Lime and the Citrus IPA?
No growlers of the key lime...the citrus IPA may be growlerable.

Boysenberry FL Weiss

Same question for the Key Lime and the Citrus IPA?
No growlers of the key lime...the citrus IPA may be growlerable.
:kicksrock: wife would have owed me for a long long time for that.

Was able to try Funky Buddha's Up Pips Kreik (very good), and Pineapple Hop Gun (really good) before I had to call it and hit the road.

I'm sitting in an airport right now half way back to SD. Probably not going back until the 30th to help with the opening.

Is anyone in Wisconsin and willing to swap? I'd love to get some Spotted Cow for New Glarus Brewery.

I was in WI the past two weeks for work and I love the stuff. Unfortunately, they can't ship and it is not available outside of WI.

Here's the rub: I've never swapped beers. I have no idea what I'm doing or what it would require. You'd have to talk me through the process of what I would need to do.

ETA: I'm in Pennsylvania, 15 minutes from the Troegs Brewery.

Pipeworks Sorachi Ace vs Nelson Sauvin DIPA. 8.5% ABV

Out-friggin-standing. There's a nice almost buttery quality to it. Dank, juicy, bitter, and not too sweet. It actually rinds me of the last batch of Hop Drop N Roll I had. Strange but that's not a bad thing.

Big fan of this one. In the battle of Sorachi vs Nelson, the winner is.....

ME. Delicious. Thanks Hawks64 for this bad boy!

Where is everyone tonight? Y'all must have lives...not me!

My final beer of the night (maybe):

http://i.imgur.com/Yzs0G5C.jpg

Any guesses? :banned:
I'm going to go with Crank.

I had two mediocre IPAs, a scotch, and a Jameson out at a rehearsal dinner/boat cruise on the bay tonight. Now, I'm drinking a bottle of Nelson.
Ding ding ding! LolChatting with my buddy who lives In San Marcos earlier...he's never tried any Alpine. I straightened him out...hes gonna seek it out.

Where is everyone tonight? Y'all must have lives...not me!

My final beer of the night (maybe):

http://i.imgur.com/Yzs0G5C.jpg

Any guesses? :banned:
I'm going to go with Crank.

I had two mediocre IPAs, a scotch, and a Jameson out at a rehearsal dinner/boat cruise on the bay tonight. Now, I'm drinking a bottle of Nelson.
Ding ding ding! LolChatting with my buddy who lives In San Marcos earlier...he's never tried any Alpine. I straightened him out...hes gonna seek it out.
That is probably 45mins-1hr for him, but he'll start seeing it around town a lot more now that Green Flash is brewing some of their beers. They haven't dialed all the recipes in yet though, so they are hit and miss. If he is in San Marcos and likes good beer, he better be a regular at Churchill's.

Jester King Ambree (very dry, nice summer beer)

Olde Hickory Omega Point (anniversary barleywine, really good)

Alpine Nelson

Westbrook One Claw (Rye Pale Ale)

Highlands Thunderstruck (coffee porter)

Triple C Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout (BBA)

I wish in would have had this when I sent your box...I think I got it a day or 2 after.
Had what for who's box?

Surly Abrasive for me last night and I was in hiding due my 11yr old having a sleep over with 4 of his buddies over. :scared:

Grand Rapids Brewing Decadent Eagle. Bourbon and vanilla barrel aged stout with tart cherry. Awesome beer, sweet and tart and boozy.

Jester King Ambree (very dry, nice summer beer)

Olde Hickory Omega Point (anniversary barleywine, really good)

Alpine Nelson

Westbrook One Claw (Rye Pale Ale)

Highlands Thunderstruck (coffee porter)

Triple C Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout (BBA)
Meant to ask you about triple c palm. Pretty good beers? Have seen a selection at total wine but haven't tried any yet.

Also, have you been to lake Norman brewery?

http://www.lakenormanbrewingcompany.com/

Couple guys I work

With said it's worth a look.

Just got Dark Lord Day tickets. It's the E Group so I am expecting a big mess at that point in Munster.

I am off the booze until Easter so I am just lurking. With a lot of jealousy (and less hangovers) I may add...

Just got Dark Lord Day tickets. It's the E Group so I am expecting a big mess at that point in Munster.

I am off the booze until Easter so I am just lurking. With a lot of jealousy (and less hangovers) I may add...
Godspeed, GB.

Godspeed, GB.
Thanks man. Easter is early this year and thankfully won't interfere with hockey playoffs.

Glad to hear you enjoyed that Sorachi vs Nelson. Loved that beer too and have one more waiting for me in the fridge.

Went to a beer tasting/festival at our local liquor store, had 31/32 brewers there and it was free! Half Acre was there and was being staffed by an actual Half Acre employee...they have a new IPA coming out just as Senita goes out of production. It's called Vallejo (sp?) and will feature Nelson as the prominent hop. :wub: Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Also picked up:

3Fs Dreadnaught

3Fs Live a Rich Life

3Fs Zombie Dust

Senita

Lagunitas High Westified Imperial Coffee Stout

PW Da Fuzz

PW The Money

Went to a beer tasting/festival at our local liquor store, had 31/32 brewers there and it was free! Half Acre was there and was being staffed by an actual Half Acre employee...they have a new IPA coming out just as Senita goes out of production. It's called Vallejo (sp?) and will feature Nelson as the prominent hop. :wub: Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Also picked up:

3Fs Dreadnaught

3Fs Live a Rich Life

3Fs Zombie Dust

Senita

Lagunitas High Westified Imperial Coffee Stout

PW Da Fuzz

PW The Money
Vallejo isn't new. Picked it up last year around this time. I cant see them axing Senita but it is a seasonal. I asked them last year about Heyoka at the time and they told me it was done until fall. Do you know if they are canning Vallejo? Last year it was growlers and bombers from the brewpub.

They also have a black ipa called Lead Feather out or coming out soon. In cans.

How is Da Fuzz?

I'm sort of with you. Haven't been drinking much lately, been working out a lot. It's worth it!

Sierra Nevada Hefeweizen.

Shierra Nefacha Heffishishen...

Shierra..Neva...

Water.

Users who are viewing this thread