What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

2015 KBS bottle. Smells great, but seems a little thin. I might be spoiled as I've drank a lot of KBS 12-15 and CBS recently.

Stopped into Coppertail after the Cuban Sandwich Festival in Tampa...having a Free Dive before heading home.
Had a Free Dive with dinner last night and a Crank right after. Really liked them both. Super easy drinking. Both had similar clean light malt flavors and late hop additions. Neither had much of any bitterness. I like that you sent two of each so I can revisit.

I'll probably be taking down most of your box ( :oldunsure: ) in the next few hours watching Barcelona - Real Madrid.

Stopped into Coppertail after the Cuban Sandwich Festival in Tampa...having a Free Dive before heading home.
Had a Free Dive with dinner last night and a Crank right after. Really liked them both. Super easy drinking. Both had similar clean light malt flavors and late hop additions. Neither had much of any bitterness. I like that you sent two of each so I can revisit.

I'll probably be taking down most of your box ( :oldunsure: ) in the next few hours watching Barcelona - Real Madrid.
:thumbup: I love the tropical notes in FL IPAs. It makes them super easy to drink down here.

I should be having a Nelson Wednesday night. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Alpine Beer Co.'s Colorado release party last night at Falling Rock. I had a Nelson IPA and a Hoppy Birthday pale ale. Both were great. I talked to Alpine's head brewer Shawn for a little while. I'm psyched that Colorado is getting distribution from yet another awesome brewery.

Buckfast 1 said:
I went to the Alpine Beer Co.'s Colorado release party last night at Falling Rock. I had a Nelson IPA and a Hoppy Birthday pale ale. Both were great. I talked to Alpine's head brewer Shawn for a little while. I'm psyched that Colorado is getting distribution from yet another awesome brewery.
Did he happen to mention when they will be distributing to Chicago by any chance?

At Cycle havin a quick draft before work and picking up Crowlers of Crank for a friend who is driving back to Wisconsin tomorrow...and a couple for myself to tie me over until Sebowskis box gets here.

Coming soon: Crank - Pseudo Sue showdown, but I will be drinking an Alpine Nelson before that happens.

Grapefruit Sculpin, down the hatch. I love the way they worked grapefruit into this. Good stuff.
That is a great beer. BTW are those KEF speakers in the background?
Klipsch RF3's. I've had em for about 10 years now. Great speakers.Drinking an Alpine Nelson now. Wow. Delicious. Now I get Nelson hops. Its what I described as buttery in my Sorachi vs Nelson post. It reminds me of the last batch if Hop Drop & Roll I had, which is strange because there's no Nelson in HDR.

Anyway, lives up to the hype, IMO. Thanks, Sebowski, really been wanting to get my hands in this beer for a long time.

:banned:

Firestone Easy Jack session IPA. I love session IPAs, and this one is pretty good. Very crushable. #SebowskiBrew

Gonna bottle up my latest home brew in a bit, a 6 hop IPA w/Centennial, Cascade, Citra, Mosaic, Columbus, Chinook...and dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic.

Grapefruit Sculpin, down the hatch. I love the way they worked grapefruit into this. Good stuff.
Klipsch RF3's. I've had em for about 10 years now. Great speakers.Drinking an Alpine Nelson now. Wow. Delicious. Now I get Nelson hops. Its what I described as buttery in my Sorachi vs Nelson post. It reminds me of the last batch if Hop Drop & Roll I had, which is strange because there's no Nelson in HDR.

Anyway, lives up to the hype, IMO. Thanks, Sebowski, really been wanting to get my hands in this beer for a long time.

That's one I really want to try, after having Pipeworks Nelson I want more!!!

That's one I really want to try, after having Pipeworks Nelson I want more!!!
Its fantastic. I'm gonna look for some Nelson for my next home brew.

If you're a member of Beeradvocate, there's a raffle for a great cause going on...$10 gets you an entry, $25 gets you 3 entries.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/boston-marathon-team-mr8-lif.268883/

From the site:

I have two fantastic boxes up for grabs.

Box 1:

16 cans Heady Topper

1 can Tree House Eureka with Citra

1 can Tree House Sap

1 can Tree House Julius

4 cans Fiddle Head Second Fiddle

1 can 14th Star Brewing Co Maple Breakfast Stout

3 cans Bissell Brothers Swish

3 cans Bissell Brothers The Substance

1 Crowler, 32oz, Garrison City Beerworks Mosaic Dry hopped Pale Ale

Box 2: Will be added once the total donations hits $500

16 cans Heady Topper

1 can Tree House Lights Out

1 can Tree House Green

4 cans Fiddle Head Second Fiddle

2 cans 14th Star Brewing Co Maple Breakfast Stout

3 cans Bissell Brothers Swish

3 cans Bissell Brothers The Substance

Brouwerij Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge Flemish Sour. Date reads 21 13...not sure what that means exactly. 2013 I'd guess, maybe from Sebowskis cellar?

I love sours, and I Love. This. Beer. So complex, so good. Raisins, dates, dark fruit (cherry, raspberry, etc), vinegar, oak...damn. One of the best sours I've ever had. About perfect.

Dammit, Sebowski...I feel like I need to send you more beer to even things out...this beer is flat out amazing.

Brouwerij Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge Flemish Sour. Date reads 21 13...not sure what that means exactly. 2013 I'd guess, maybe from Sebowskis cellar?

I love sours, and I Love. This. Beer. So complex, so good. Raisins, dates, dark fruit (cherry, raspberry, etc), vinegar, oak...damn. One of the best sours I've ever had. About perfect.

Dammit, Sebowski...I feel like I need to send you more beer to even things out...this beer is flat out amazing.
That's the best sour beer I've ever had. Luckily, its widely available in Michigan.

That's the best sour beer I've ever had. Luckily, its widely available in Michigan.
As I drink it, I'm thinking its probably the best sour I've had as well. Sooooo f'n good. If you're down, I'll put you next in the trade queue...probably Mid to late April...and I'd require 3 of these if you could swing it...I'd love to sit on a couple for a while.

Glad you are enjoying the brews, wing. That Jacobins is just a benchmark kind of beer for that style. A lot of American breweries are brewing so many simple sours as quickly as they can that the old school wood aged Belgian sours are being ignored a bit unless they have that huge hype behind them. That beer is just classic and awesome.

Nelson, yeah. I'm drinking another as I type.

I love how quickly you're tackling the box. I did the same. Just waiting until tomorrow to do the Palms one since a friend of mine really wants to try it with me.

My mom is flying in from Michigan in the morning until Monday afternoon, so I have to slow down a bit while she's here...Ill still drink beer, but I won't be going all out til bedtime. Lol.

But yeah, I've been looking forward to these, and wanna drink em as fresh as possible.

Having a Duet now, final beer of the night (gotta head to the airport in the morning). Another really friggin good beer. I hope Alpine makes it down here soon, a few places have Green Flash on tap but I haven't seen any bottles yet...that's gotta change if they're distributing kegs here, right?

My mom is flying in from Michigan in the morning until Monday afternoon, so I have to slow down a bit while she's here...Ill still drink beer, but I won't be going all out til bedtime. Lol.

But yeah, I've been looking forward to these, and wanna drink em as fresh as possible.

Having a Duet now, final beer of the night (gotta head to the airport in the morning). Another really friggin good beer. I hope Alpine makes it down here soon, a few places have Green Flash on tap but I haven't seen any bottles yet...that's gotta change if they're distributing kegs here, right?
One of the sea changes in my life was when I started drinking with my parents.

Colorado Craft Beer Week has been pretty good to me so far (aside from the pretty brutal hangover I'm feeling right now while "working" from home). I have had so many interesting and delicious beers this week.

Last night, I went to the Fuss Off! Festival, which was held at the opera house in Denver. They only sold 175 tickets to the festival, so it was incredibly small and intimate with all of the brewers with no lines for beer. As one brewer said, it felt more like a large bottle share than a beer festival. Some of the highlights included:

- Horse and Dragon rum barrel-aged coconut imperial porter

- Elevation Raspberry Gulch imperial saison with raspberries

- Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout

- Avery Einzigartig wild ale brewed with Riesling grape must aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels

- Avery Antonius' Carmen sour ale aged in Madiera wine barrels

- Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett dark sour ale aged in port barrels

- Broken Compass Coconut Porter

- Telluride/Sweetwater smoked imperial porter infused with hop hash

- Platt Park Tropical Snow Dance IPA brewed with all mosiac hops

- Odell Brazzle Sour Golden Raspberry wild ale

Collaboration Fest was also really cool this past Saturday. It was held in the club level of Mile High Stadium. There were 75+ never-before-released collaboratoin beers which were all brewed just for the festival. Some of the highlights included:

- Avery/Powder Keg blended sour ale - 50% Powder Keg Rouge farmhouse ale brewed with citrus, hibiscus, lacto, Brett aged in Cabernet wine barrels, 25% Avery Manhatten Sour aged in bourbon barrels, 25% Avery Bad Karma Belgian pale ale aged in neutral wine barrels

- TRVE/The Bruery BRVE witbier with Brett, orange peel, and coriander aged in white wine barrels

- Summity County (Bakers', Breckenridge, Backcountry, Dillon Dam, Broken Compass, Pug Ryan's) barleywine aged in bourbon barrels

- Station 26/Cigar City white IPA brewed with wheat, oats, and orange peel and hopped with Citra, Amarillo, Galaxy, Lemondrop, and Madarina Bavaria hops

- Stone/Ska Mighty Mighty Bastogne hoppy tripel

- Comrade/Crooked Stave imperial wit with Riesling must, curacao orange peel, coriander, and rye

- Epic/Devil's Backbone American-hopped black lager schwarzbier

- River North/Red Leg rye whiskey barrel fermented Belgian imperial brown

- Fiction/Chain Reaction/Cerebral Brett-fermented farmhouse ale with coffeefruit and plums

- New Belgium/Falling Rock Tap House/Star Bar Rock Star Part Deux blended barrel-aged sour

And tomorrow I am going to Falling Rock's Sour Fest. They haven't released their beer list yet, but they will be tapping some incredible sours.

What a week.

HTH can you guys drink all of those IPAs back-to-back-to-back? One's fine. But good god they do suck :X
Keep at it. You'll get it. :thumbup:
Nope. :yucky:
MAKE YOUR TIME
I started drinking IPAs in the 80s in Chico. I had a summer job at Sierra Nevada in their early days. IPAs in large part are bitter bleh. American fascination with the style doesn't validate it. American bad taste is common. I believe the over the top hops were added to use the acidity as a preservative. Down with preservatives and down with bitter. Sours that use the right malts are fantastic. Bitter is rarely good. :2cents:

Users who are viewing this thread