What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Yeeeee haw. So far tonight

Civil Society Pulp

Cask n Larder 5 points IPA

PipeWorks Lizard King

Epic Brewing Big Bad Baptist (release 34)

Schramms Raspberry Meade

The Brew Gentleman Mammoth DIPA

Creature Comforts Tropicalia

Great night so far

What's everyone drinking for the game? I'm having a Geapefruit Sculpin but am going to get into the cellar for something big.

I had a great night of drinking last night at Backcountry Pizza for their 5th anniversary party last night:

Hill Farmstead Dorothy dry-hopped farmhouse ale

Firestone Walker 19th Anniversary Ale

Alesmith Vietnamese Speedway Stout

Off Color DinoS'mores

Birrificio Loverbeer Beera Brugna sour ale with plums

Breakside Safeword triple IPA

Perennial Abraxas

De Struise Brothers Rio Reserva quad aged in bourbon barrels (2008)

Cannonball Creek Terrible 3 imperial IPA

Tilquin Gueuze

I also had a bottle of Avery Uncle Jacob's (2013) and a bottle of Bourbon County Coffee. The Bourbon County Coffee was one of the infected bottles from this year that was bottled on 9/17/15. It wasn't terrible, but it had a very noticeable sour cherry and green apple flavors that were fairly off-putting. I didn't even finish my pour of it.

I had a great night of drinking last night at Backcountry Pizza for their 5th anniversary party last night:

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

I also had a bottle of Avery Uncle Jacob's (2013) and a bottle of Bourbon County Coffee. The Bourbon County Coffee was one of the infected bottles from this year that was bottled on 9/17/15. It wasn't terrible, but it had a very noticeable sour cherry and green apple flavors that were fairly off-putting. I didn't even finish my pour of it.
Where do you find all these places serving up these beers? Is Denver just crawling with beer bars?

It has been decided that myself and each of my friends that are onto beer will each bring something from our cellars:

Boulevard Smokestack Imperial Coffee

2012 KBS

? Black Note

Coeur de Lion said:
Anyone try New Belgium Citradelic yet? Think I'm gonna grab some to take to a Super Bowl party. Want something middle of the road, affordable, and accesible but still decent since most of the people there will prolly be rockin the Miller Lite.
It's good very forward on the orange.
Yeah it is pretty darn good for a shelf IPA. I brought a 12 of this and someone else a 12 of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, so I'm good -- won't have to resort to BMC swill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boulevard Stackhouse 2015 Coffee is really really good. Smooth and bursting with coffee. As I drink on, it's just too sweet though.

Nugget Nectar

These new cans are badass.
I love Nugget Nectar. Those new cans have to be some of the coolest cans out there. I've always loved that Nugget Nectar logo. I've got a Nugget Nectar sign hanging in my office at home.
It's one of those beers that I always buy every year. Nugget Nectar, Nosferatu, Celebration, Breakfast Stout, a few others. Maybe not as trendy as what the tickers are drinking, but ### #### they're just great beers.
Nugget Nectar will always hold a special place in my heart as one of the first rare limited release beers that I fell in love with.
Yeah, I'm a little sad that they seem to be expanding production of it ( though I like the better prices).

New Belgium citradelic

Boulevard the calling

Thus far

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

Where do you find all these places serving up these beers? Is Denver just crawling with beer bars?
Between what this guy posts about drinking and the rap shows he attends, I am pretty jealous.

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

There are a bunch of great beer bars in Denver, but Backcountry Pizza is actually up in Boulder, about 25 minutes north of Denver. Their tap list for their anniversary party was pretty ridiculous. I passed up on a lot of great stuff -- Pliny the Elder, a bunch of Russian River sours, Bourbon County Coffee -- just because I've had them all a bunch of times. There's always great beer events going on around the Denver metro area.

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

There are a bunch of great beer bars in Denver, but Backcountry Pizza is actually up in Boulder, about 25 minutes north of Denver. Their tap list for their anniversary party was pretty ridiculous. I passed up on a lot of great stuff -- Pliny the Elder, a bunch of Russian River sours, Bourbon County Coffee -- just because I've had them all a bunch of times. There's always great beer events going on around the Denver metro area.
I'll be in Denver in June, you might need to give me some recommendations.

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

Remind me when you are coming out. I'll be sure to send you to the best places in town. Let me know if you want to grab a beer while you're in town.

I've been at the Summer Brew fest the past three days here in Lima. Bhest in show was del Valle's IPA, and tbe Cat IPA from 7 vidas. Pistolera from magdalena and summer trigo ale from Teach stood out with the White IPA from Nuevo Mundostood amongst the summer quaffable beers. on offer

Coworker going to Jacksonville and I'm seeing if he'll bring me back a few beers

I asked for Jai Ali...anything else I should have him look for? I'm guessing it'll be a few beers at most

Winter Park Cask & Larder's 5 points IPA. Its actually pretty good. Florida only has a handful of good IPAs, so this was a welcome surprise. Not worth driving an hour for, but if Im in the area, Ill drink it.

Anyone try New Belgium Citradelic yet? Think I'm gonna grab some to take to a Super Bowl party. Want something middle of the road, affordable, and accesible but still decent since most of the people there will prolly be rockin the Miller Lite.
It's good very forward on the orange.
Yeah it is pretty darn good for a shelf IPA. I brought a 12 of this and someone else a 12 of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, so I'm good -- won't have to resort to BMC swill.
Will have to give this a shot then.

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

OMG me too! 1 night on June 16th I think.

Cigar City White Oak Peach IPA. Pretty good, but the peach is a bit much, I like regular White Oak Jai Alai better.

Anyone try weyerbacher Sunday morning stout?

Is it up there with KBS like advertised? Could only get my guy to hold me 1 but wanting to know if I should hunt for more?
I love Weyerbacher's Sunday Morning Stout. Based on the other beers you like, I can practically assure you that you will love it too. Maybe not quite on KBS's level, but it is certainly in the discussion. I would seek out more if I were you.
Thanks buck. My other place said they'd have it Friday but first come first serve only...guess where I will be Friday...

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

I'm there the 17th till whenever I decide to come home. My sister is getting married out there.

Off Color DinoS'mores

Perennial Abraxas

Tilquin Gueuze

I'm there the 17th till whenever I decide to come home. My sister is getting married out there.
:kicksrock: would have loved to tip one back with another fellow FBG beer nerd

Rumor: Cigar City may be the next AB- InBev acquisition. I hope this isnt true, it would kind of suck, as CCB is the brewery that put FL craft on the map (although lately theyve been very MEH and havent done anything really awesome in a while)

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/cigar-city-brewing-may-be-next-ab-inbev-acquisition/

(Tampa,FL) – The Full Pint has just learned that Cigar City Brewing of Tampa Florida may be the next craft brewery to be acquired by AB-InBev. This comes to us from three independent, unnamed sources within the industry close to the situation. We reached out to Cigar City Brewing owner Joey Redner, who is often asked this question, and he declined to give a public statement.

This rumor has come and gone since Cigar City Brewing opened their doors in 2009. Not too long ago, Cigar City responded to the ongoing rumors informing the public that they have, and always will entertain a meeting that sheds light on their breweries market value. Similarly, New Belgium Brewing was in the middle of a sale rumors, where they responded that they are obligated to seek company valuation, and this is one approach to doing so.

It’s very painful for us to run these types of stories, but when we get a strong tip like this, we need to share it with the public, but with a disclaimer that until either AB-InBev makes an acquisition announcement, or Cigar City Brewing goes on the record to deny this, this remains a credible rumor. As always, should this rumor turn out not to be true, we will publicly apologize and retract. We are huge fans of Cigar City and have nothing but respect for them.

Rumor: Cigar City may be the next AB- InBev acquisition. I hope this isnt true, it would kind of suck, as CCB is the brewery that put FL craft on the map (although lately theyve been very MEH and havent done anything really awesome in a while)

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/cigar-city-brewing-may-be-next-ab-inbev-acquisition/

(Tampa,FL) – The Full Pint has just learned that Cigar City Brewing of Tampa Florida may be the next craft brewery to be acquired by AB-InBev. This comes to us from three independent, unnamed sources within the industry close to the situation. We reached out to Cigar City Brewing owner Joey Redner, who is often asked this question, and he declined to give a public statement.

This rumor has come and gone since Cigar City Brewing opened their doors in 2009. Not too long ago, Cigar City responded to the ongoing rumors informing the public that they have, and always will entertain a meeting that sheds light on their breweries market value. Similarly, New Belgium Brewing was in the middle of a sale rumors, where they responded that they are obligated to seek company valuation, and this is one approach to doing so.

It’s very painful for us to run these types of stories, but when we get a strong tip like this, we need to share it with the public, but with a disclaimer that until either AB-InBev makes an acquisition announcement, or Cigar City Brewing goes on the record to deny this, this remains a credible rumor. As always, should this rumor turn out not to be true, we will publicly apologize and retract. We are huge fans of Cigar City and have nothing but respect for them.
Tough to turn down that kind of money tbh. Just like New Belgium, which was rumored to be valued at 1B, if someone is going to throw piles and piles of cash at you I can only imagine how hard it would be to walk away from that.

Hawks64 said:
Wingnut said:

(Tampa,FL) The Full Pint has just learned that Cigar City Brewing of Tampa Florida may be the next craft brewery to be acquired by AB-InBev. This comes to us from three independent, unnamed sources within the industry close to the situation. We reached out to Cigar City Brewing owner Joey Redner, who is often asked this question, and he declined to give a public statement.

Its very painful for us to run these types of stories, but when we get a strong tip like this, we need to share it with the public, but with a disclaimer that until either AB-InBev makes an acquisition announcement, or Cigar City Brewing goes on the record to deny this, this remains a credible rumor. As always, should this rumor turn out not to be true, we will publicly apologize and retract. We are huge fans of Cigar City and have nothing but respect for them.
Tough to turn down that kind of money tbh. Just like New Belgium, which was rumored to be valued at 1B, if someone is going to throw piles and piles of cash at you I can only imagine how hard it would be to walk away from that.
Yeah absolutely. On the bright side, AB hasn't seemed to mess with the GI beers much at all -- they're still cranking out some great stuff IMO. And a much bigger distro footprint. So not all bad.

Hawks64 said:
Wingnut said:

(Tampa,FL) The Full Pint has just learned that Cigar City Brewing of Tampa Florida may be the next craft brewery to be acquired by AB-InBev. This comes to us from three independent, unnamed sources within the industry close to the situation. We reached out to Cigar City Brewing owner Joey Redner, who is often asked this question, and he declined to give a public statement.

Its very painful for us to run these types of stories, but when we get a strong tip like this, we need to share it with the public, but with a disclaimer that until either AB-InBev makes an acquisition announcement, or Cigar City Brewing goes on the record to deny this, this remains a credible rumor. As always, should this rumor turn out not to be true, we will publicly apologize and retract. We are huge fans of Cigar City and have nothing but respect for them.
Yeah absolutely. On the bright side, AB hasn't seemed to mess with the GI beers much at all -- they're still cranking out some great stuff IMO. And a much bigger distro footprint. So not all bad.
Agreed - but they'll lose some of their shine so to speak with guys like us who prefer our dollars to go to the little guys making great beer versus companies like Inbev, SABMiller, etc...

Cigar City had 7 Hill Farmstead beers on tap earlier today...I was too busy to get over there, would have loved to try Double Galaxy and Edward.

Civil Society Pulp. Man this beer falls off fast. Filled 7 days ago and the Mosaic punch (nose and taste) is all but gone, Still a great beer but its fallen from a 5/5 to a 4.5/5.

Homebrewed clone of Grapefruit Sculpin. I had no illusions of being on par with the original but am quite pleased to have a keg of this at my disposal. :thumbup:

La Cumbre Elevated IPA (canned last week)

Crooked Stave's distribution company has been bringing some amazing stuff to the Denver market lately. In the past couple weeks, they have brought in Melvin, Hill Farmstead, and La Cumbre. Even more reason to love Crooked Stave.

Was going to wait until my wicked awesome new england trip to try 1 of their IPA, but my guy just got hopslam in. Is this 1 of those need to try IPA? saw it scored 98 on BA.

Was going to wait until my wicked awesome new england trip to try 1 of their IPA, but my guy just got hopslam in. Is this 1 of those need to try IPA? saw it scored 98 on BA.
I love it and look forward to it every year. It's become somewhat trendy to call the classics over-hyped -- but there is a reason that they are classics in the first place. Hopslam is fantastic -- but you're not an IPA guy at all. Maybe see if he'll hook you up with a single to try it -- tough to drop $20 on a sixer of a style that you really don't like. Hopslam is definitely a hop-forward beer, but it also has a solid malt backbone and is brewed with honey. IMO it's really very well-balanced compared to many of the other hop-bombs out there.

I love it and look forward to it every year. It's become somewhat trendy to call the classics over-hyped -- but there is a reason that they are classics in the first place. Hopslam is fantastic -- but you're not an IPA guy at all. Maybe see if he'll hook you up with a single to try it -- tough to drop $20 on a sixer of a style that you really don't like. Hopslam is definitely a hop-forward beer, but it also has a solid malt backbone and is brewed with honey. IMO it's really very well-balanced compared to many of the other hop-bombs out there.
thanks lion. may just try to grab a single like you said then.

hey lion, 1 of the places I'm going to tomorrow has the BA BOMBS have you had those yet? looks like the other regular 1 is ranked higher.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/139521/
BA BOMB! hasn't made it up here yet -- but I'm pretty confident that it'll be awesome.
My BIL is a BA fanatic, like borderline obsessive fanatic, and he like the regular BOMB better. I thought both were good but not even close to worth the price.

hey lion, 1 of the places I'm going to tomorrow has the BA BOMBS have you had those yet? looks like the other regular 1 is ranked higher.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/139521/
BA BOMB! hasn't made it up here yet -- but I'm pretty confident that it'll be awesome.
My BIL is a BA fanatic, like borderline obsessive fanatic, and he like the regular BOMB better. I thought both were good but not even close to worth the price.
thanks man. probably gonna pass then, as they are asking a bit more for the BA over the regulars.

Users who are viewing this thread