What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (3 Viewers)

I’m a huge Cards fan and will be at the game. I hope you’re right.

But, this Cards O has been historically bad so far. They are one of only 12 teams since the merger that has started the first two games with under 500 total yards and 6 or less points.

I’m not so worried about the Chicago D. I’m more concerned that this offense is just absolutely terrible.
You should be

I’m a huge Cards fan and will be at the game. I hope you’re right.

But, this Cards O has been historically bad so far. They are one of only 12 teams since the merger that has started the first two games with under 500 total yards and 6 or less points.

I’m not so worried about the Chicago D. I’m more concerned that this offense is just absolutely terrible.

You should be
You will be. You will be.

He peaked. You don't win leagues drafting guys with major leg injuries and question marks at Quarterback.

League moves fast. Look for new stars, not the ones that are fizzling out.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a broken wrist.
Be that as it may, I don't think he's going to live up to his draft positioning this year.

Sam Bradford looks awful and at some point you're going to have a rookie starting there. I get they will be losing and targets will be there, I just don't see them being quality.

Nor do I think the Cardinals will be in the RZ very often.

Be that as it may, I don't think he's going to live up to his draft positioning this year.

Sam Bradford looks awful and at some point you're going to have a rookie starting there. I get they will be losing and targets will be there, I just don't see them being quality.

Nor do I think the Cardinals will be in the RZ very often.
I think we have all come to that conclusion, some of us came to that conclusion before our drafts (thank goodness). But the fact that it was a wrist injury and not a leg injuries was one of the major reasons that his value was so high in the first place. That logic still holds as far as his potential to still provide some RoI this season.

I think we have all come to that conclusion, some of us came to that conclusion before our drafts (thank goodness). But the fact that it was a wrist injury and not a leg injuries was one of the major reasons that his value was so high in the first place. That logic still holds as far as his potential to still provide some RoI this season.
That's really weird, I could have sworn it was lower body. I guess Coach is really misusing him them.

I don't own him anywhere, but I am a huge Cardinals fan. Bruce Arians was an offensive genius. We'll have to see what this new coach is made of.

But looks like we're back to being the same old Cards.  :X

That's really weird, I could have sworn it was lower body. I guess Coach is really misusing him them.

I don't own him anywhere, but I am a huge Cardinals fan. Bruce Arians was an offensive genius. We'll have to see what this new coach is made of.

But looks like we're back to being the same old Cards.  :X
You’re a huge Cards fan and you thought Johnson injured his leg?

I just came in here because somebody other than Stuart was commenting and saw this. This is unreal. He broke his damn wrist. Ullman/Eminence. Still an idiot troll of some sort.  
Reported. I'm a human being. Do you go around calling people idiots in your everyday life?

What is wrong with you? Disgusting.

You’re a huge Cards fan and you thought Johnson injured his leg?
We haven't been very good the past few years. Plus, David Johnson has been overdrafted the past few years I haven't had him on my team.

I'm not privy to every single fantasy player in the league's injury. Forgive me for being human?

What was his major leg injury?
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/cardinals-david-johnson-knee-injury

This is what I confused it with. He had a Grade 2 MCL sprain in January 2017 that required 6-8 weeks of recovery time. But since it happened at the end of the season it wasn't talked about much.

"Cardinals running back David Johnson suffered an MCL sprain during Sunday’s game against the Rams and will not require surgery, according to Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports 910.

Johnson's recovery is expected to take six to eight weeks."

@rockaction apologize to me, please.

We haven't been very good the past few years. Plus, David Johnson has been overdrafted the past few years I haven't had him on my team.

I'm not privy to every single fantasy player in the league's injury. Forgive me for being human?
I think he was more pointing out that a HUGE Cards fan would know what injury caused their star to miss a full season. I'm a Steelers fan so I know that Decastro has a fractured hand and Haden has a bum hamstring, and they're not even stars on the team. 

Essentially he called you out for probably being a mild/mediocre Cards fan. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/cardinals-david-johnson-knee-injury

This is what I confused it with. He had a Grade 2 MCL sprain in January 2017 that required 6-8 weeks of recovery time. But since it happened at the end of the season it wasn't talked about much.

"Cardinals running back David Johnson suffered an MCL sprain during Sunday’s game against the Rams and will not require surgery, according to Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports 910.

Johnson's recovery is expected to take six to eight weeks."

@rockaction apologize to me, please.
That's not a "major leg injury" and he wasn't coming off of it heading into this season.

I think he was more pointing out that a HUGE Cards fan would know what injury caused their star to miss a full season. I'm a Steelers fan so I know that Decastro has a fractured hand and Haden has a bum hamstring, and they're not even stars on the team. 

Essentially he called you out for probably being a mild/mediocre Cards fan. 
Definitely a bad fan, lol. I used to be a huge fan, apparently I'm out of touch now and no longer can give myself that title. I guess the older I get the less time I have for magic football.

Larry Fitzgerald is the only star in town, pal!  :lol:

Stu/Em, as we have seen in numerous places on these boards, you have a tendency to offer strong opinions about topics you admit to having little information about.  It can be frustrating to read.  Idiot might have been strong, but perhaps holding back on giving your input until you have more information could help?

That's not a "major leg injury" and he wasn't coming off of it heading into this season.

Everything about this post is wrong. I will forgive you for being human though.
I know, I totally screwed the pooch on this one. To be completely honest with you, I drafted David Johnson as a rookie in my main Dynasty league and traded him for Calvin Johnson.

Who promptly retired a few months later. So I've had to bury my head in the sand with him the past few years, since his price has been severely high since then.

Thanks for being cool.  :thumbup:

Stu/Em, as we have seen in numerous places on these boards, you have a tendency to offer strong opinions about topics you admit to having little information about.  It can be frustrating to read.  Idiot might have been strong, but perhaps holding back on giving your input until you have more information could help?
No, this is a rare exception. I'm normally on point with this stuff. I drafted David Johnson as a rookie and traded him for Calvin Johnson a few months before he retired.

So I've been bitter, biased, and pretty much ignored the guy in conjunction with the Cardinals being crappy the past few years since then.

As far as the Johnson/Clement decision mentioned earlier, I am also considering that one.  I actually have to pick 2 of Johnson, Breida, and Clement.  My initial feeling is Breida/Clement (assuming Ajayi sits), but I am sure some of that is based on frustration with Johnson looking like it might end up being a bad choice.  I'm guessing by Sunday I will talk myself into believing that Wilks/McCoy recognize that they have to get Johnson more involved and go that route.  So hard to bench a 1st rd pick by week 3 with no injury.

Canton Bulldogs gave up:
Lacy, Eddie GBP RB
Johnson, Calvin DET WR
Jones, James GBP WR

Fox Scream gave up:
Johnson, David ARI RB
Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Marshall, Brandon NYJ WR

I was taken advantage of, damnit!  :lol:

As far as the Johnson/Clement decision mentioned earlier, I am also considering that one.  I actually have to pick 2 of Johnson, Breida, and Clement.  My initial feeling is Breida/Clement (assuming Ajayi sits), but I am sure some of that is based on frustration with Johnson looking like it might end up being a bad choice.  I'm guessing by Sunday I will talk myself into believing that Wilks/McCoy recognize that they have to get Johnson more involved and go that route.  So hard to bench a 1st rd pick by week 3 with no injury.
My opinion for what it's worth is to first see that Ajayi and Sproles are out. If that's the case, I can't see how you can play DJ versus the Bears over Clement who'll get lots of touches at home with Wentz returning against a middle of the pack defense at best. 

Id especially play Clement if I knew I was an underdog and this week I am as face the owner with Mahones and Kamara. It's a standard league and I can't afford 5 points. Clement also has clearly demonstrated a nose for the endzone dating back to last year. I picked up Gio but I still may play Clement. Maybe I'm scarred from the 2016 Gurley debacle but if that situation taught me anything it was "don't try to catch a falling knife." How many weeks did we endure "this will be the week he gets ten points!" mania with Gurkey from two years ago? I'm not doing it again. And moreover, there is one thing I live by in Fanatsy ans that's above all I trust my eyes and after watching quite a bit of that last Cardinals game, I've seen enough. He goes to the bench until they prove they can turn it around. Like I said before in PPR I'm stil gonna play him this week but I also don't have quite the other options.

ETA: in my ppr league I've already out him at flex and put Clement in at RB ans I just might sub him out for Hogan. Seriously. 

My opinion for what it's worth is to first see that Ajayi and Sproles are out. If that's the case, I can't see how you can play DJ versus the Bears over Clement who'll get lots of touches at home with Wentz returning against a middle of the pack defense at best. 

Id especially play Clement if I knew I was an underdog and this week I am as face the owner with Mahones and Kamara. It's a standard league and I can't afford 5 points. Clement also has clearly demonstrated a nose for the endzone dating back to last year. I picked up Gio but I still may play Clement. Maybe I'm scarred from the 2016 Gurley debacle but if that situation taught me anything it was "don't try to catch a falling knife." How many weeks did we endure "this will be the week he gets ten points!" mania with Gurkey from two years ago? I'm not doing it again. And moreover, there is one thing I live by in Fanatsy ans that's above all I trust my eyes and after watching quite a bit of that last Cardinals game, I've seen enough. He goes to the bench until they prove they can turn it around. Like I said before in PPR I'm stil gonna play him this week but I also don't have quite the other options.
Sounds eerily similar. I'm in a non ppr and trying to decide who to play at RB2 and my flex out of Gio, DJ, Collins, Clement if Ajayi sits, Hyde and Brandin Cooks! Right now I'm leaning Gio at RB2 and then I don't have a clue for my flex. What a mess

The only part I'm sure about right now is that I'm starting Conner at my first RB position.

No, this is a rare exception. I'm normally on point with this stuff. I drafted David Johnson as a rookie and traded him for Calvin Johnson a few months before he retired.

So I've been bitter, biased, and pretty much ignored the guy in conjunction with the Cardinals being crappy the past few years since then.
See this is the problem, look at your timeline:

1.  Came on here stating reasons why it was obvious DJ would be a bust.

2.  It was proved you were wrong about your reasons

3.  You admitted you were wrong and gave the excuse that  "I guess the older I get the less time I have for magic football."

4.  But now you say other than this time you are usually right even though you don't have time for it?

It's fine to express an opinion just say that.  And don't represent things as facts that are just a hunch or opinion.

See this is the problem, look at your timeline:

1.  Came on here stating reasons why it was obvious DJ would be a bust.

2.  It was proved you were wrong about your reasons

3.  You admitted you were wrong and gave the excuse that  "I guess the older I get the less time I have for magic football."

4.  But now you say other than this time you are usually right even though you don't have time for it?

It's fine to express an opinion just say that.  And don't represent things as facts that are just a hunch or opinion.
You ever get caught with your pants down? Was it a common occurrence? Did you ever say whatever you needed to say to make the situation go away? Did you learn from your mistake?

You catch my drift. I've apologized and stated I screwed the pooch and provided as much information as I could.

Even as such, none of this changes the fact that his situation in Arizona this year is God awful. He caught 80 passes in a year before, for the sake of those who drafted him, you gotta hope that wasn't a product of Bruce Arians' offensive genius.

Let's move along people....

My bold prediction for this week:

• 18 carries for 87 yards, 1 TD
  • 9 targets, 6 receptions for 45 yards
Yes? No? Who the hell knows.  One can hope.  Wilks and McCoy need to get heir heads our of their asses and use DJ all the time.  Why the F is Chase Edmonds even out there?

Feature DJ, you just paid the man, now make him work!!!! DJ is a freak of nature..... physical beast.  Let's all remind ourselves how good this guy can be:

Epic Philly Run

Afterburner catch and run vs Saints

Pool Jump....um, seriously?

Problem is, last game they didn't get across the 50 until the second half and I think it was the only time......what it comes down to is all DJ owners need to be crossing their fingers that last week was a product of the rams D being amazing (lets see what Gordon does) and not as much the AZ offense being amazingly bad.  That said, Chicago D is pretty amazing too so we might not know the real answer yet.

Week 1 was NOT that bad if you watched the whole game.   First possession he was ripping off 5-7 yards per carry, had 5 touches in first 6 plays, then they kind of forgot about him a little.  Later he got the TD, then was peppered with targets on a red zone possession right after that and shoulda coulda woulda had another TD.

All this said, I traded him yesterday so I'd prefer AZ continues to suck.

I keep watching guys explode on my bench while DJ is just pedestrian or worse as a starter each week.  Killing me.  May have to start benching him until they can Bradford. 

Painful to watch this guy in this offense. Hard to believe these professional coaches do not understand what to do with such talent. 

As a fan of the Cards this is sooo disheartening. OC needs to be gone like this week. period. Maybe even the head coach. we have enough of a body of work by now to know McCoy is inept and Wilks looks like a deer in headlights. Shameful!

David Johnson rushed 18 times for 55 yards and a touchdown in Week 6 against the Vikings.

Johnson's struggles continued, but he managed to salvage his game with a late one-yard TD. He dropped a red-zone target, lost a fumble, and was stuffed on fourth-and-goal from the one-yard line before his touchdown. Johnson's pass game role remained small, finsihing with just two catches for 15 yards. Johnson has looked nothing like the back he was in 2016. He's a back-end RB2 for Week 7.

Oct 14 - 4:35 PM

As a fan of the Cards this is sooo disheartening. OC needs to be gone like this week. period. Maybe even the head coach. we have enough of a body of work by now to know McCoy is inept and Wilks looks like a deer in headlights. Shameful!
Cards fan here as well. The season is toast, at least we'll have the #1 overall pick next year.

Watching Larry Fitzgerald struggle is what is depressing me.

Arizona is 28th in rushing attempts, but 1st on runs up the middle. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1051972867544383489
This is why the OC should be fired.  It's not that he's getting too few attempts (though he is), it's that the attempts are crap for his skill set. He needs to be used more in the passing game and used more outside the tackles. I'm not sure that just getting rid of the OC will fix this, it seems like overall they have a poor staff. 

But the big question is - do we trust him against Denver?

Normally I would say no, Denver will fix their problems (two 200-yard rushing games allowed in a row), but it's a short week, they have had 2 disheartening losses, it's an away game, and it's against a non-conference foe they don't usually see.  Stars are aligned for the run defense to suck again. Although, they have little to fear in the passing game, so they may stack the box more.

By the way, regarding runs up the middle. I was at MetLife 2 weeks ago, and the Broncos were GASHED on outside runs, sweeps, pulls, and screens.  Guess who used to be great at those plays?

But the big question is - do we trust him against Denver?

Normally I would say no, Denver will fix their problems (two 200-yard rushing games allowed in a row), but it's a short week, they have had 2 disheartening losses, it's an away game, and it's against a non-conference foe they don't usually see.  Stars are aligned for the run defense to suck again. Although, they have little to fear in the passing game, so they may stack the box more.

By the way, regarding runs up the middle. I was at MetLife 2 weeks ago, and the Broncos were GASHED on outside runs, sweeps, pulls, and screens.  Guess who used to be great at those plays?
I trust Johnson(for at least solid RB2 numbers) every week, but 100% trust him this week. This is arguably the best matchup Johnson has had all year. Team with run defense issues, that is highly unlikely to score a bunch of points. 

25+ touches for 100+ yards and 1-3 TD's is firmly in play. I can't think of 5 RB's I'd start over him this week.

I trust Johnson(for at least solid RB2 numbers) every week, but 100% trust him this week. This is arguably the best matchup Johnson has had all year. Team with run defense issues, that is highly unlikely to score a bunch of points. 

25+ touches for 100+ yards and 1-3 TD's is firmly in play. I can't think of 5 RB's I'd start over him this week.

Still confident about that?

Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread