What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (4 Viewers)

After a loss like this with an embarrassing display on offense I wouldn't be surprised if they name Collins the starter to send a message
It depends on Harbaugh, and I don't know the Ravens well enough to make that call. Is he that kind of coach? We know guys like Carroll, Bellicheck, Tomlin and others would do it, but there are other guys like Caldwell, Lewis, Coughlin that wouldn't.

he deserves to be the starter... he's the best back on the team by far. if his last name was Dixon people would be predicting rb1

Last edited by a moderator:
How?

Collins-82 yards, 8.2 points.

Allen-28 total yards, 5 rec, 7.8 points.

:unsure:
Maybe my league has an incorrect stat, they have him at 9.1. My league I have Allen in has him at 6 for 16 in receiving. Espn has what you have. Weird, I am sure it will correct.

You can find my comments in this very thread from  last year, I like Collins.  

You can also find my comments in Buck Allen thread last year, where I said I think he stinks.

I currently own the guy who gets carries when the game matters.  I could very well see Collins take over this job.  But his usage this week suggests the Ravens aren't thinking about it that way right now.  

Collins getting yards in garbage time, and using the word 'dominance' is a joke.  
Take your butt-hurt to the Allen thread.

I am very excited about this kid. Picked him up in Dynasty and my redraft.

We are going cash this lotto RB ticket in soon. He looks like the real deal to me. Does not matter when he is getting his carries. It is the NFL.....he looks like a  legit RB and it would not shock me to see him get the start next week. They need a spark....badly. Alex Collins has a shot to be that spark they need on offense.

I'm cautiously invested in Collins after dumping Perine - one passes the eye test, the other does not.

Lotto ticket for sure as the path to carries is murky, but the upside is there if he can claw his way up the depth chart.

choo...choo?

I'm cautiously invested in Collins after dumping Perine - one passes the eye test, the other does not.

Lotto ticket for sure as the path to carries is murky, but the upside is there if he can claw his way up the depth chart.
This is about where I stand on things. In a deep-bench league where I'm 3-0 I actually dumped Rob Kelley for him. I would have laughed at someone dumping a starting RB for Alex Collins if they were 1-2, but I've seen enough of Rob Kelley to know he isn't going to carry me to a title even when he gets healthy. Granted, there's probably a 90% chance Collins won't, either, but I'm sitting pretty enough that I can afford to roll the dice on the other 10%.

This is about where I stand on things. In a deep-bench league where I'm 3-0 I actually dumped Rob Kelley for him. I would have laughed at someone dumping a starting RB for Alex Collins if they were 1-2, but I've seen enough of Rob Kelley to know he isn't going to carry me to a title even when he gets healthy. Granted, there's probably a 90% chance Collins won't, either, but I'm sitting pretty enough that I can afford to roll the dice on the other 10%.
Collins upside is basically Kelley :shrug:

Solid risk management if you already have better options than Kelly on your team already. Kelly is indeed a starter when healthy, but with Thompson exceeding expectations there may likely be a different cap on Kelly's production when he's back.

Interesting. Collins cleared waivers in my 16-teamer, and was thinking of dropping him for Burkhead based on logic similar to yours. I'd been holding Rex as a pure upside play, and on paper, I'd just be trading one guy who's the third option on his team for another who's the third option on a worse offense. But Collins at least has a path to being the 1st/2nd down back, whereas Rex doesn't.

Collins upside is basically Kelley :shrug:
You're probably right, but I'd argue we haven't seen enough of him to know either way (he sure looks better than Kelley ever has on the film links that SSND provided, albeit in a lot of garbage time). If he gets more run and turns out to be JAG, fine, I'll dump him for someone else in a few weeks.

I think in general, owners who start out hot tend to be reluctant to shake up their roster - "don't fix what ain't broke", etc. etc. When in reality the playoffs are the only thing that count in FF, so the more likely you are to make the playoffs, the more you should be focused on weeks 14, 15, 16 rather than on weeks 4, 5, 6. As a good bet to make the playoffs, I'd rather spend those last three bench spots on guys with a small chance of being December difference-makers than on three JAGs who probably won't ever see my lineup.

Even Rotoworld is using my words...

"It looks like Terrance West is healthy, but Collins still got work with the first-team offense on Sunday and once again dominated in garbage time. The chance that performance earns him more playing time early in the game makes him worth a speculative add in deep leagues, but it is likely he remains the least valuable member of a three-way committee."

Even Rotoworld is using my words...

"It looks like Terrance West is healthy, but Collins still got work with the first-team offense on Sunday and once again dominated in garbage time. The chance that performance earns him more playing time early in the game makes him worth a speculative add in deep leagues, but it is likely he remains the least valuable member of a three-way committee."
Rotoworld using your words is a point against you.

Collins is their most impressive RB by a good margin, IMO. That said, I'm not the HC, the OC, or the RB coach. Maybe something is holding him back, but more than likely, it's simply the process of earning more PT as the season goes along. Some teams are slower than others at making changes.

Much like with the Giants & their running game, Baltimore needs to shake things up.  At least the Ravens are giving Collins touches, but at this point, I believe he needs to be given the chance to be their feature back & see what he can do.

Collins is their most impressive RB by a good margin, IMO. That said, I'm not the HC, the OC, or the RB coach. Maybe something is holding him back, but more than likely, it's simply the process of earning more PT as the season goes along. Some teams are slower than others at making changes.

Much like with the Giants & their running game, Baltimore needs to shake things up.  At least the Ravens are giving Collins touches, but at this point, I believe he needs to be given the chance to be their feature back & see what he can do.
He just joined the team a few weeks ago. It's possible that he is still learning the playbook and they are limiting his snaps until he's fully integrated.

Seems legit?

Clearly they are saving him for the playoff run, when they can unleash him on an unsuspecting NFL, who clearly will not know what hit them.  

RKelley is a 2 down back on a better offense. Collins is a 2 down back on a worse offense. Its not all about talent. I own Collins. If someone offered me Kelley for him Id take him in a heartbeat.
Collin looks to be way more explosive as a runner. If you give them both 15 carries I would bet on Collins having more yards and a better chance at a TD.

RKelley is a 2 down back on a better offense. Collins is a 2 down back on a worse offense. Its not all about talent. I own Collins. If someone offered me Kelley for him Id take him in a heartbeat.
No doubt situation is extremely important. That said, if we're talking dynasty & not redraft, I'd be tempted to take Collins straight-up & give Kelley.

Does anyone know why he got cut by Seattle? Obviously, there are plenty of examples of guys who got cut by one team and then established themselves with another, but it's not like the Seahawks had a bunch of HoFers in their backfield, ya know?

Does anyone know why he got cut by Seattle? Obviously, there are plenty of examples of guys who got cut by one team and then established themselves with another, but it's not like the Seahawks had a bunch of HoFers in their backfield, ya know?
Chris Carson

:I think:

This is exactly the risk/reward calculations I love about this hobby. You have valid points, and there is a good deal of unknowns about both Rob Kelly and Collins. Right now, Kelly's role is way more defined and reliable (when healthy) -- but considering how that  situation may or may not change over time on WAS, as well as for Collins in BAL, are the decisions that can make or break a season. 

I'm not sure if it was mentioned here but I believe he was even the first RB to get carries for Baltimore against Jacksonville. The signs all seem to be pointing toward his PT increasing this week. 

I'm not sure if it was mentioned here but I believe he was even the first RB to get carries for Baltimore against Jacksonville. The signs all seem to be pointing toward his PT increasing this week. 
West was first, then Collins next play. Collins ran 2-2 in the 1st Quarter. Then he didn't get the ball again until it was 37-0.

SEA had an embarrassment of riches at the position, as they've always had. Carson, Rawls and Prosise are all talented. They thought they had something with Lacy, they were wrong but in the context of them being right they had four very usable RBs. 

Collins is good, just watch him run. I don't care if it's during blow outs, watching him slalom through the second level is almost therapeutic.

I honestly don't know if he's going to have much if any value this year. BAL is the ####show and Allen/West aren't going to just disappear but I feel very comfortable saying Collins is their best inside rusher. He's leagues better than Allen at least.

Upside/ lottery ticket

West washed out in Cle and Tenn

Dixon is out for the year

woodhead and Allen seem better suited for receiver work

collins has looked good and the staff seems to like him....however he is limited in the passing game and has a history as a fumbler.

lottery pick with potential to rise up the depth chart even without injury

SEA had an embarrassment of riches at the position, as they've always had. Carson, Rawls and Prosise are all talented. They thought they had something with Lacy, they were wrong but in the context of them being right they had four very usable RBs. 

Collins is good, just watch him run. I don't care if it's during blow outs, watching him slalom through the second level is almost therapeutic.

I honestly don't know if he's going to have much if any value this year. BAL is the ####show and Allen/West aren't going to just disappear but I feel very comfortable saying Collins is their best inside rusher. He's leagues better than Allen at least.
I have to disagree here. Last year Rawls had a 3.2 ypc and missed ~1/2 the season, Prosise missed most of the season, and they still chose to use the later-released Christine Michael over him. This year during camp they had a yet-again injured Rawls and Prosise, a overweight Lacy, and Carson, who I like, but he's a rookie 7th round pick, yet they cut him.

It may or may not have any bearing on his prospects in Baltimore, but I wouldn't describe that as an embarrassment of riches myself.

• Smile
Reactions: J R
I have to disagree here. Last year Rawls had a 3.2 ypc and missed ~1/2 the season, Prosise missed most of the season, and they still chose to use the later-released Christine Michael over him. This year during camp they had a yet-again injured Rawls and Prosise, a overweight Lacy, and Carson, who I like, but he's a rookie 7th round pick, yet they cut him.

It may or may not have any bearing on his prospects in Baltimore, but I wouldn't describe that as an embarrassment of riches myself.
He made all of his bonus weigh ins.

Something is holding him back with the coaches. Not sure what it is ... (pass block, bonehead in practice, ball security) but when this guy touches the ball its electric, and based purely on running ability he should be the starter. West/Allen look like they are running in wet concrete when compared to Collins during replay of the game when you get to see them all run in relatively short time periods to compare. He also has exceptional vision to go with elite shiftiness.

Users who are viewing this thread