What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (6 Viewers)

OrtonToOlsen said:
Ricky Jay.  If you don’t know who this is punch yourself in the face and keep scrolling.
A friend AND a family member didn't know he was a magician. Really? What a huge loss. I saw him in NYC in the mid-90's. i didn't see his show i just saw him in the east village. 2nd ave Deli I think.  He probably died very near my current place. One of his haunts was Canter's on fairfax which I can walk to. I think he stayed out here once he moved west. I tried to get tickets to his show in nyc back then but couldn't. I didn't try hard enough. What an artist.

Last edited by a moderator:
OrtonToOlsen said:
Ricky Jay.  If you don’t know who this is punch yourself in the face and keep scrolling.
The person i most ever wanted to be. I lived a little bit like him accidentally before i knew he existed, intentionally once i did. There can never be too much magic in a moment and each moment is lost when one does not invest every grain of magic one can summon into it. Rest in chaos, rest in order, rest in peace.

If it had strings, chances are he was one of the best ever on it.

He had a house for several years in my hometown of Deale, MD. Used to see him around quite a bit when I was a kid.
There is or used to be a public pier that we would use for crabbing back in the early 80s. I bet if I saw it today I would be underwhelmed but it’s one of my fondest memories as a kid. 

There is or used to be a public pier that we would use for crabbing back in the early 80s. I bet if I saw it today I would be underwhelmed but it’s one of my fondest memories as a kid. 
There was a community pier next to Happy Harbor Inn that people used to crab off of.

😔Damn, my kids grew up on [Spongebob].
I was completely unaware that Hillenburg had ALS. Huge loss to children's programming.

Hillenburg sure put a lot of joy and laughter in my children's lives, though they both (they think!) have 'outgrown' Spongebob. The series was something we enjoyed together as a family, and we still quote the series all the time.

Rest in peace, Stephen Hillenburg. You done did good in this world.

I was completely unaware that Hillenburg had ALS. Huge loss to children's programming.

Hillenburg sure put a lot of joy and laughter in my children's lives, though they both (they think!) have 'outgrown' Spongebob. The series was something we enjoyed together as a family, and we still quote the series all the time.

Rest in peace, Stephen Hillenburg. You done did good in this world.
Their houses were inspired. Squidward's was my favorite.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=NUgD8XJb&id=93F8FB71CF294A6613702C6E5B9B21ACA52C636B&thid=OIP.NUgD8XJbNMyI0yvXXpX5lQHaFk&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fimages2.wikia.nocookie.net%2f__cb20130407135445%2fspongebob%2fimages%2fb%2fb9%2fSquidward's_House_in_the_Beginning.png&exph=479&expw=636&q=squidward+house&simid=608014621370090209&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Harry Leslie Smith, tireless international advocate against poverty and for refugees.  Passed yesterday at the age of 95 after becoming grievously ill while doing advocacy work in Canada for refugees.  

He was a candle in the darkness.  We shall not see his like again. 

http://extratv.com/2018/12/13/clint-eastwoods-ex-girlfriend-oscar-nominee-sondra-locke-dead-at-74/

Actress Sondra Locke, who dated Clint Eastwood for 13 years in the '70s and '80s, has died, reportsRadarOnline.com. She was 74.

Locke’s cause of death was cardiac arrest stemming from breast and bone cancer, according to a death certificate obtained by the site.

She passed away November 3 and was later laid to rest at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park & Mortuary.

Locke had previously battled breast cancer, and had a double mastectomy in 1990.

Locke was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her film debut, 1968's “The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter.” She met Eastwood in 1972, and became involved with him during the making of "The Outlaw Josey Wales" (1976). She also starred with him in "The Gauntlet" (1977), "Every Which Way but Loose" (1978), "Bronco Billy" (1980), "Any Which Way You Can" (1982), and "Sudden Impact" (1983).

http://extratv.com/2018/12/13/clint-eastwoods-ex-girlfriend-oscar-nominee-sondra-locke-dead-at-74/

Actress Sondra Locke, who dated Clint Eastwood for 13 years in the '70s and '80s, has died, reportsRadarOnline.com. She was 74.

Locke’s cause of death was cardiac arrest stemming from breast and bone cancer, according to a death certificate obtained by the site.

She passed away November 3 and was later laid to rest at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park & Mortuary.

Locke had previously battled breast cancer, and had a double mastectomy in 1990.

Locke was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her film debut, 1968's “The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter.” She met Eastwood in 1972, and became involved with him during the making of "The Outlaw Josey Wales" (1976). She also starred with him in "The Gauntlet" (1977), "Every Which Way but Loose" (1978), "Bronco Billy" (1980), "Any Which Way You Can" (1982), and "Sudden Impact" (1983).
Met her - a fight scene in EWWBL was filmed in my hangout bar (Turf Club) in Santa Fe. Lovely gal, might have been behind Eastwood leaving a huge tab for the regulars for having displaced us. Actually thought she was already gone - she first got cancer in the 80s or 90s i think. RIP -

Melvin Dummar, a Utah gas station owner whose 15 minutes of fame came from his story of once picking up a hitchhiking Howard Hughes has died at age 74.

His story was immortalized in Jonathan Demme's wonderful 1980 film "Melvin and Howard"
Last Will and Testament

I, Howard R. Hughes, being of sound mind and disposing mind and memory, not acting under duress, fraud or the undue influence of any person whomever, and being a resident of Las Vegas, Nevada, declare that this is to be my last will and revolt [sic] all other wills previously made by me -

After my death, my estate is to be devided [sic] as follows -

First: one-forth [sic] of all my assets to go to Hughes Medical Institute of Miami -

Second: one-eight [sic] of assets to be devided [sic] among the University of Texas - Rice Institute of Technology of Houston - the University of Nevada - and the University of California.

Third: one-sixteenth to Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - David O. McKay - Pre.

Forth [sic]: one-sixteenth to establish a home for Orphan Children [sic] -

Fifth: one-sixteenth of assets to go to Boy Scouts of America.

Sixth: one-sixteenth to be devided [sic] among Jean Peters of Los Angeles and Ella Rice of Houston -

Seventh: one-sixteenth of assets to William R. Lommis [sic] of Houston, Texas -

Eighth: one-sixteenth to go to Melvin DuMar [sic] of Gabbs, Nevada -

Ninth: one-sixteenth to be devided [sic] among my personal aids [sic] at the time of my death -

Tenth: one-sixteenth to be used as school scholarship fund for entire country - the spruce goose is to be given to the City of Long Beach, Calif.

The remainder of my estate is to be devided [sic] among the key men of the company's [sic] I own at the time of my death.

I appoint Noah Dietrich as the executer [sic] of this will -

Signed the 19 [sic] day of March 1968

Howard R. Hughes

I completely forgot about this:

During his NFL career, Fralic also made a couple of brief forays into professional wrestling. The World Wrestling Federation hired him to be in a battle royal at WrestleMania 2 in 1986, along with William "Refrigerator" Perry and other football stars of that era. Wrestling fans will also remember Fralic joining the "Stars and Stripes Challenge" to bodyslam WWF champion Yokozuna aboard the USS Intrepid on July 4, 1993.

I completely forgot about this:
The classic Fralic story relates to a summer when he was caddying at a Pittsburgh golf course, He happened to get a foursome including Jackie Sherrill who was head coach at Pitt at the time. Sherrill looked him up and down and said "Wow, you're a big guy. Do you play football?" Fralic answered, "Yeah, coach, I do." Sherrill asked, "Are you in school?" Fralic answered, "Yeah, I'm a freshman." Sherrill shook his head and said, "How did I miss out on recruiting you?  Where are you going?" Fralic's answer: "Oh, no, coach you didn't miss out. I'm a freshman at Penn Hills High School."  Sherrill made sure he didn't miss out later.

Its strange that she passed away over a month ago, but its just now being reported.  Sad in a way she is identified primarily as "Clint Eastwood's ex-girlfriend" since, after using his lawyers to evict her and move her possessions into storage after a decade long relationship, he referred to her in the subsequent lawsuit as "my occasional roommate over the past 10 years" (or something similar.) His treatment of her was deplorable, admitting I don't have personal knowledge and only know what I read.  Her subsequent lawsuits with him and Warner Bros are used as textbook examples of the implied duty of "good faith and fair dealing" in law school contracts classes (Warner Bros, ostensibly acting at Eastwood's direction, having failed to meet the standard, breached their contract due to bad faith.)

Laverne.. Penny Marshall at 75. RIP ☹
Dayum. One of the most important people in comedy history because she showed a generation of women that funny don't know if you're female, keep being funny and folks will end up paying you for that. VERY few people who've made a living in comedy in the last 40 years dont have a Penny Marshall story because she was one of the great listeners/helpers ever. And everything she did had such a depressive edge to it that it made folks feel they were helping her by letting her help them. The genuine article. RIP -

Users who are viewing this thread