What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pokemon Go (3 Viewers)

I am friends with most of you 

Rydigza 

i would love to try the group raid thing. We should try to find a time to make it happen. Are all of you doing the Go Fest? 

I am friends with most of you 

Rydigza 

i would love to try the group raid thing. We should try to find a time to make it happen. Are all of you doing the Go Fest? 
yeah we should try it for a raid hour one time, unfortunately it only allows you 120 seconds to invite people and you pretty much have to be watching your phone or you will miss it. You can only invite 5 people, and you cannot chain invite, so we would have to coordinate who starts it and at what time.

Got gofest tix for myself and my son, its his birthday next sunday and he wanted to do it. its a long window, 10am - 8pm, both saturday and sunday.  and the shinies should be plentiful, but he might get bored after a few hours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to do the Ghastly event here today with the additional .99 ticket--so we will see what that is all about. 

I am so frustrated with the Giovanni boss challenge. I cannot for the life of me beat that Shadow Persian he throws our first with anything I have. I have read about the best Mons and movesets to go after him with, but it seems whatever I have is down after 3-4 hits from that stupid cat.  

My daughter and I are preparing this week for Go-Fest. We are upping our item/pokemon storage. Dropping most berries.  I don't know what to do with all the upgrades (Metal Coat/King's Rock)  I feel like they are just taking up unnecessary space in my bag. I have dropped them all down to 3 of each total, but I am afraid if I just drop them all, Niantic is going to have some event where you need them. We both are really looking forward to next weekend. 

Going to do the Ghastly event here today with the additional .99 ticket--so we will see what that is all about. 

I am so frustrated with the Giovanni boss challenge. I cannot for the life of me beat that Shadow Persian he throws our first with anything I have. I have read about the best Mons and movesets to go after him with, but it seems whatever I have is down after 3-4 hits from that stupid cat.  

My daughter and I are preparing this week for Go-Fest. We are upping our item/pokemon storage. Dropping most berries.  I don't know what to do with all the upgrades (Metal Coat/King's Rock)  I feel like they are just taking up unnecessary space in my bag. I have dropped them all down to 3 of each total, but I am afraid if I just drop them all, Niantic is going to have some event where you need them. We both are really looking forward to next weekend. 
Any time I’ve beaten Giovanni, I’ve used Machamp. He’s destroyed me when I’ve tried anything else. 

Have fun with your daughter next weekend and let us know how it goes. 

Courtjester said:

@courtjester

To beat Gio, you need a maxd out Machamp. with the proper moveset. also I generally just run my swampert with the community day move.  I used magnezone vs Suicine. I generally Melmetal as well.

If the Persian has the move scratch. it will be very difficult, even for level 40 trainers

Courtjester said:

I use Lucario instead of Machamp.

If someone hasn't mentioned already, you want to put your first pokemon into the 2nd position and then do a swap as soon as the battle begins. Everytime you swap (or do a charge move), the raid boss freezes for a few clicks which helps a ton. I also believe it takes less damage after a swap right off the bat.

you guys want to organize a raid day on Wed. the 29th? Kyurem should rotate out by then.

we could so it so people in each time zone send out friend invites. estern, central, etc....I can raid from about 4 gyms at my house.

you guys want to organize a raid day on Wed. the 29th? Kyurem should rotate out by then.

we could so it so people in each time zone send out friend invites. estern, central, etc....I can raid from about 4 gyms at my house.
I’ll take an invite, hard getting enough people to raid where I live. Excited for remote raids.

SSlayton10

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

I'm in. One of my friends who I've never met sent me a raid invite on Saturday evening and it happened to be a good time for me to play. I think it was the first time I've ever done a level 5 raid. Caught Kyurem on my last ball. I'm in the eastern time zone - Mufasa60. Unfortunately I can't send out an invite because there aren't any gyms near my house, but would definitely accept an invite to raid remotely.

I'm in. One of my friends who I've never met sent me a raid invite on Saturday evening and it happened to be a good time for me to play. I think it was the first time I've ever done a level 5 raid. Caught Kyurem on my last ball. I'm in the eastern time zone - Mufasa60. Unfortunately I can't send out an invite because there aren't any gyms near my house, but would definitely accept an invite to raid remotely.
@roarlions, I don't have you added as a friend - my code - 9606 8162 8449

@courtjester

To beat Gio, you need a maxd out Machamp. with the proper moveset. also I generally just run my swampert with the community day move.  I used magnezone vs Suicine. I generally Melmetal as well.

If the Persian has the move scratch. it will be very difficult, even for level 40 trainers
FINALLY!!!

Spent 100k dust and maxed out my Machamp to 3042 CP IV 96 with Counter and Dynamic Punch and I took that Persian out quickly. I also used my IV 98 Swampert, who is my battle-beast, but I almost screwed it up by using my almost perfect IV Golem as my third choice.  I made it closer than it should have been by selecting him. 

@roarlions, hey man just an FYI on the remote raids, if we don't have at least 3 people of level 38 or higher, you wont beat him, so at 20 seconds on the clock. we bail and try again, it doesn't burn your raid passes anymore if you leave before the clock runs out.

@roarlions, hey man just an FYI on the remote raids, if we don't have at least 3 people of level 38 or higher, you wont beat him, so at 20 seconds on the clock. we bail and try again, it doesn't burn your raid passes anymore if you leave before the clock runs out.
Right, I was holding in the lobby as long as possible to see if anyone else would join but I bailed in time to keep my pass. Thanks for the invites, wish we could have gotten some more people to join.

Right, I was holding in the lobby as long as possible to see if anyone else would join but I bailed in time to keep my pass. Thanks for the invites, wish we could have gotten some more people to join.
@roarlions, yeah sorry about that, a lot of people on my local discord group were out old school raiding in their cars, so they didn't join when  I invited them, and my son didn't want to go out, so it was a weird dynamic this raidhour. We will be out for sure next WED and ill send em out again, Kyurem should rotate out by then,

FINALLY!!!

Spent 100k dust and maxed out my Machamp to 3042 CP IV 96 with Counter and Dynamic Punch and I took that Persian out quickly. I also used my IV 98 Swampert, who is my battle-beast, but I almost screwed it up by using my almost perfect IV Golem as my third choice.  I made it closer than it should have been by selecting him.
That's odd.  I have a 100% Machamp with Counter/Dynamic Punch and got crushed quickly.  I powered up a 76% Giratina with Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw to 2809. It's  a tank.  Finished Gio off with a level 33 Mamoswine Powder Snow/Avalanche and a  Thunder Shock/Wild Charge Raiku, level 29.  A perfect level 31 Lucario with Aura Sphere charge move got beat pretty quickly too against Persian.

For battling leaders or Go Battle League, you want your Machamp to have Cross Chop instead of Dynamic Punch.

For sure, you want your Lucario to have Power Up Punch. It charges faster to burn their shields.

Again, for battling leaders, you can also put your first guy in the 2nd position and do an immediate swap. Obviously, you don't do this in the Battle League.

Not sure how the remote invites work but shoot me one if you need some help:

Lehigh98 - 7388 3442 3832

Still deciding whether or not we'll participate in Pokefest this weekend, my kids have lost interest for the most part but my younger son still likes trying to catch shineys on community days.  Any word on what will be the good stuff available to decide if its worth it?

Lehigh98 said:
Not sure how the remote invites work but shoot me one if you need some help:

Lehigh98 - 7388 3442 3832

Still deciding whether or not we'll participate in Pokefest this weekend, my kids have lost interest for the most part but my younger son still likes trying to catch shineys on community days.  Any word on what will be the good stuff available to decide if its worth it?
@Lehigh98

the following good things will be in the wild - unknown, dratini, chansey, litwick, togetic, alolan marowak. also gible is on  the poster, so its suspected that they will be spawning as well

Rumor that shadow birds - moltres etc....and/or shadow mewtwo will be in the fest as well - according to leakers.

Victini will be the mystical research reward

Looks like Kyogre is in 5 star raids this weekend. If anyone that I'm friends with is doing a Kyogre raid please send me an invite. I'll do the same for anyone that is online if I happen to find a Kyogre raid.

Long day!!

Daughter and I parked in this area by the downtown museum that we go to often on events. We can get 5 stops from our car. Good day overall--she got three shiny Unowns and I got one. Luckily she has the extra one I  have to trade for. We got several other shinys --sort of disappointed there were not more. No shiny Gible--but the Woobat was cool. We think tomorrow will have four Unowns---today was G O--tomorrow will have the Unown F E S T. 

Tomorrow appears to be Team Rocket battles to get Shadow Mewtoo. My daughter is a collector and not a PVP player so to have to beat GIovanni to get it, will be a challenge with her lineup.

Thanks for all that sent gifts!! Glad I have a wife who encourages us! 

Long day!!

Daughter and I parked in this area by the downtown museum that we go to often on events. We can get 5 stops from our car. Good day overall--she got three shiny Unowns and I got one. Luckily she has the extra one I  have to trade for. We got several other shinys --sort of disappointed there were not more. No shiny Gible--but the Woobat was cool. We think tomorrow will have four Unowns---today was G O--tomorrow will have the Unown F E S T. 

Tomorrow appears to be Team Rocket battles to get Shadow Mewtoo. My daughter is a collector and not a PVP player so to have to beat GIovanni to get it, will be a challenge with her lineup.

Thanks for all that sent gifts!! Glad I have a wife who encourages us! 
This should help, looks like the pokemon used by the Rocket team have been nerfed to make it easier to beat them during Go Fest:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/07/26/lineup-pokemon-go-fest-team-rocket-leader-counters-how-to-beat-arlo-cliff-sierra-and-giovanni/#6d660f62433b

Go fest yesterday was kind of fun with the global challenges, today was pretty lame overall.  The Rocket challenges were way too easy, and nowhere near enough shinys for the cost of the ticket.  

I kinda disagree. Shadow Mewtwo for GBL plus a new mythical. I got a shiny Unown which Id happy pay $15. Lol. Plus all the Charge TM on shadow may be helpful. 

edit.  And shiny Heatmore just now. Woop woop.  Still hoping for shiny Gible. 
edit. Got The other shiny unown. Lol. 

Overall a decent event.

Shiny Pokemon seemed to be way dropped down. My daughter is the shiny magnet so she ended up with 9 today and 6 yesterday. I had 3-4 yesterday, but today stunk--I got blanked all day ( I mean zero!! Which is just amazing for that to happen on a regular walking five hour day) but I grabbed two from our house as the event ended. I tried to get in the couple of remote raid invites some of you sent, but when I clicked on it, they were all already started. 

The legendary raids were good. The lack of Unowns was terrible--I mean two choices?? I thought there would at least be special event egg hatches or something. You can tell by watching the YouTube Pokemon people, they were upset by the lack of shiny and Unowns. 

However, the price of spending two 8-10 hour days with my daughter playing a game is priceless. She has been through so much this year and to see her so happy makes it all so worth it!! 

So my son decided that he did want to try out Go Fest so we both bought the pass. (Older son declined) I liked the way the first day was set up better than the second.  Unfortunately I had plans to look at cars on Saturday and spent almost 9 hours on the road and actually buying a car.  I had loaded up with red balls (almost 700) and turned on my Gotcha but unfortunately it doesn't really work when driving fast, which I was doing for about 5 of those hours.  Still caught some stuff and then had better luck once I got back home.

Overall thought the event was pretty good but was a little underwhelmed, guess my expectations were higher.  I think I would have been disappointed if we had to drive to Philly for it.  I definitely would have been disappointed if we flew somewhere like when it was in Chicago.

I, too, was disappointed that the only Unowns were the G and O... and I already had the O.  Ended up with 29 G's and 28 O's, I think the game is going to flip out when I try to transfer some.

Catches of note:

Shinies: Unown O, Croagunk, Marowak (2), Clamperl, Tentacool, Tangela (3) Jigglypuff, Sableye, Squirtle (with Pikachu hat), Magikarp (2), Snover

I was happy to finally get a shiny Magikarp.  We've been playing off and on for over 4 years and it was the first shiny back in March 2017.  I've seen 1,258 of them and caught 1,042 including 7 perfects but never once saw a shiny and joked that if I ever caught one it was a sign to retire.  FYI, the shiny Magikarp that was pretty good (91) is now a Gyardos.

Only perfect caught was a Sableye but I already had one of those.  I think the shadow Articuno I caught as part of the tasks will be perfect if I purify it but I already have a perfect one, may just keep as shadow. 

Got the event Victini too, of course.

I was surprised that with loading up on balls and opening all those gifts I still ran out of reds with a couple hours left, Gotcha must have been working overtime.  I must have also picked up about 100+ rare candies mostly from when they were available in all gifts.  I need to figure out something to do with may 500 rare candies now, taking up too much room.  I've been waiting for good 100 IV's to max out but haven't gotten any lately, sitting on 7.5MM stardust too.

Side note, I was wondering why my son was getting raid invites but I wasn't.  I noticed I was marked as "offline" up until I switched it late yesterday and I'm guessing that might be it... just in case anyone was looking to invite me before.

my son and I did both days of the event, he really liked day1 and the day2 raids were nuts. the shadow/victini thing was kinda weird, but hey a Shadow mewtwo was cool.

I didn't shiny grind it much, I did get a shiny Kyogre from a raid though.

I tried to invite several of you to raids and I know I got some invites sent my way too, and I thank you, waiting for Ryquaza raids now. 

Shinies I got - Alolan Grimer, Heatmor, Feebas, Unknown O, Kyogre, Magmar, Croagunk

Raid totals - 2 giritina Origin - I think 3 ran on me, 2 Giritina Altered, 4 Palkia, 4 Dialga, 6 Kyorge. 2 Groudon.

All in All a good event and my kid went almost 100% on raids catches, it was his birthday yesterday.

His shiny haul - 2 swablue, 2 tanglea, unknown G. He pretty much gained 2 levels as well. 

He got a Garchomp, Chandelure, and a Swampert will all the catches, and others too, togekiss etc.... so for a building account it was a great event.

So we have the three themed weeks ahead of us. Not too excited about the Week one-Rayquaza raids as I have them. Week two--I only have two Deoxys. I hope they have different variations  popping up. I do not have the week 3 boss-Genesect--happy about that one.

I wish there would be some event where Regional Pokemon are unlocked. I would love a Heracross. Corsola, Relicanth or many of the other unobtainable ones.

Courtjester said:
So we have the three themed weeks ahead of us. Not too excited about the Week one-Rayquaza raids as I have them. Week two--I only have two Deoxys. I hope they have different variations  popping up. I do not have the week 3 boss-Genesect--happy about that one.

I wish there would be some event where Regional Pokemon are unlocked. I would love a Heracross. Corsola, Relicanth or many of the other unobtainable ones.
Regionals outside of US, I have near -0-.  I picked up 6 or 7 Relicanth at a GO event from Research tasks? when I ventured into Dc last August.  I've got a number of Ratquazas I caught last Aug/Sep last year during raids and one Deoxys I caught in DC as well in Dec (maybe a raid as well)

Courtjester said:

@courtjester,

I have zero rayquazas, so I cant wait to get a handful, my son and I just figured out the raid thing, as we joined the local discord group and its a great way to co-ordinate raids, plus the invites now, Also looking forward to any form Deoxy

If they ever open long distance trading I would gladly trade some heracross, corsola and carnavines that I have. (these are all available in south Florida if you go there)  There was a 7k egg even that allowed the mr mime and khanghan khans to be available. the need to do that with the other gens.

I have thought of starting a new character, use a spoof program to obtain the mons I want and then trade them to my main character, but I just worry about getting my account locked for this. Being almost level 39--that is a risk I just don't want to take. 

Courtjester said:
I have thought of starting a new character, use a spoof program to obtain the mons I want and then trade them to my main character, but I just worry about getting my account locked for this. Being almost level 39--that is a risk I just don't want to take. 
I miss the days when I had access to a reliable scanner with alerts.  I think the game was more fun when I'd get an alert for something rare, like an Unown or a perfect Larvitar, and then grab the kids and race out to get it.  There were multiple times when a crowd of like 40+ people would suddenly show up flashmob style in some random quiet neighborhood for an Unown and people would be coming out of their houses saying WTF is going on out here?

Can you "trade" without being in close proximity to another person?  My 5 year old loves to play, and we need to "trade" but it won't let us.

Well I am probably one of the few left playing on here, but today's event was a freaking grind. I mean, you shouldn't be playing a game and going "Man, I can't wait for it to get over."  Then to feel like you got to the end and you get hit with the 151 gifts to friends slap in the face challenge. I mean I don't have that many friends and it looks like you can only have 20 gifts at a time. 

I played for close to 7 hours and got everything completed but the gift challenge. Judging by the number of people playing downtown today, this game is still bringing in the money for Niantic. I know they got a good $25 from my family today. 

There are a few of us still going. yeah- I think they are making record revenue. Today was a grind but a lot of fun. I’m level 47 and grinding to 48. 

I'm still in. I didn't notice the 151 gifts task, was that in the green version? I played red and am looking for anyone in the DC area who is still playing to do some trades. If anyone is in the area and wants to trade let me know. 

My 61yr old bro in law got hit by a car pokemoning last year.

He was fine just some scrapes, aches and pains. But wtf?

:doh:

MikeMan said:
There are a few of us still going. yeah- I think they are making record revenue. Today was a grind but a lot of fun. I’m level 47 and grinding to 48. 
47? Wow!

I'm not even sure that I want to catch the 200 in one day to get to 41.

Users who are viewing this thread