What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Rogan Experience (2 Viewers)

Barry? 2-3-4...

Her name was Lola, an anti-vaxxer
A MAGA hat atop her hair, Qanon t-shirt down to there
She would harangue you if you just aks her
And while she tried to be a star
Her boyfriend looked like William Barr
Across the whole platform, they worked eight-chan to four
They were young and had Ivermectin
Who could ask for more?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you define free speech so narrowly (or broadly) that one could take your definition and say "Well then EVERY country has free speech. Every individual on the planet can say whatever they want. Just not free consequences. A person in North Korea can whatever he wants! Of course he'll be shot, but hey, we never claimed freedom from consequences."  Then that's not free speech imo.

I always found it really weird that the New Radio - Fear Factor guy somehow was involved with UFC and had a podcast.  Never made sense to me.  I just never really found him interesting and funny, particularly his stand-up where he seemed to make more of a name going after Carlos Mencia than anything.  

I always found it really weird that the New Radio - Fear Factor guy somehow was involved with UFC and had a podcast.  Never made sense to me.  I just never really found him interesting and funny, particularly his stand-up where he seemed to make more of a name going after Carlos Mencia than anything.  
He has a taekwondo background so he was into the early years of the ufc . Long story short the asked him to kill time before an event to handle hecklers and went from there.

Totally agree about his stand-up

I’m always amazed at people getting worked up about someone trying to get someone censored, silenced.  Like it hasn’t been going on forever.  Wake me up when it happens and one some scale.  Young and Rogan ain’t moving the needle, for me.

ETA - I’m not saying they should, just I don’t get why people are surprised or worked up about it.

Agreed.  Neil Young’s threat obviously did not work. The only result is you can’t listen to him on Spotify.  I think the country will survive 

If you needed some good news about Spotify:

Barry Manilow @barrymanilow

I recently heard a rumor about me and Spotify. I don’t know where it started, but it didn’t start with me or anyone who represents me.

LINK

Spotify lost $4 billion in market value this week after rock icon Neil Young called out the company for allowing comedian Joe Rogan to use its service to spread misinformation about the COVID vaccine on his popular podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience.” 

As of Friday, Jan. 28, shares of Spotify were down about 12% from where they closed last week, according to data from Nasdaq. The hashtags #DeleteSpotify and #CancelSpotify also gained traction on social media, with many websites offering step-by-step instructions for users to remove the app from their devices.

Spotify lost $4 billion in market value this week after rock icon Neil Young called out the company for allowing comedian Joe Rogan to use its service to spread misinformation about the COVID vaccine on his popular podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience.” 

As of Friday, Jan. 28, shares of Spotify were down about 12% from where they closed last week, according to data from Nasdaq. The hashtags #DeleteSpotify and #CancelSpotify also gained traction on social media, with many websites offering step-by-step instructions for users to remove the app from their devices.
The record companies must be concerned. 

Simply having a podcast isn’t weird; its popularity is. Especially considering our normally short attention span.

Yea for all the boomers who don’t know how to work their phones and need instructions on how to do it.  Completely irrelevant to Spotify’s long term value.   We’re there instructions on how to plug back in the 8 tracks so they can fire up those old Neil young cartridges? 

The “spreading misinformation” shtick is getting old. People simply questioning the mainstream media is being vilified and it’s wrong. 

Also ironic that two folk singers from the 60s are “standing in solidarity” with the mainstream, essentially government policy. 
What is considered misinformation then? From the sound of things (not anything you posted specifically), a person with sufficient background can say nearly anything, purely in the name of contrarianism and/or curiosity, and not be called out for it?

I don’t agree with individuals insisting others be deplatformed, but there’s nothing wrong with pointing out falsehoods, if one has the rationale to do so.

Then why you posting here?  You seem to know a lot about a guy you don't care about?

Simply having a podcast isn’t weird; its popularity is. Especially considering our normally short attention span.
Not really. There are significantly more people in this country who don’t think like you do. It’s just not represented on this forum or in heavily populated urban areas. 

What is considered misinformation then? From the sound of things (not anything you posted specifically), a person with sufficient background can say nearly anything, purely in the name of contrarianism and/or curiosity, and not be called out for it?

I don’t agree with individuals insisting others be deplatformed, but there’s nothing wrong with pointing out falsehoods, if one has the rationale to do so.
Purely out of the name of contrarianism? I don’t think that’s the majority of his guests. 

Called out for something you disagree with it is one thing- having a smear campaign and using Disingenuous and misleading headlines is not calling someone out. 

Id also take exception to “falsehoods”. Joe Rogan has not said anything that is untrue. If he has, please point it out. Let’s all discuss it in depth. 

Not really. There are significantly more people in this country who don’t think like you do. It’s just not represented on this forum or in heavily populated urban areas. 
Ignoring the idea you actually know how I think, or the way most people do, my statement was more about the time people are willing to commit to a JRE podcast.

Purely out of the name of contrarianism? I don’t think that’s the majority of his guests. 

Called out for something you disagree with it is one thing- having a smear campaign and using Disingenuous and misleading headlines is not calling someone out. 

Id also take exception to “falsehoods”. Joe Rogan has not said anything that is untrue. If he has, please point it out. Let’s all discuss it in depth. 
Whatever helps you sleep at night

You haven’t clarified what you consider misinformation, so it’s impossible for me to provide an example. 

But to be fair, many of the conspiracies Rogan promotes (or fails to discredit, at the minimum) aren’t readily disproven. Same goes for the theories he “discusses” with his guests. So maybe a better description is disseminating nonsense?

People seem to love themselves podcasts in this country.  Hell, a bunch of reality tv folks have podcasts. 
The people who really love podcasts are the ones making them.

People can make money with podcasts without having a huge audience. You don't need to get to Rogan level to make real money. 

People who can gather an audience for a radio show that 20,000 people might be interested in won't get a radio show. And if they do, they won't make any money. 

But you can buy $1000 worth of equipment, and companies will find advertisers for you, and all of a sudden, you making a few grand a month. No overhead. Couple hours a week. 

The people who really love podcasts are the ones making them.

People can make money with podcasts without having a huge audience. You don't need to get to Rogan level to make real money. 

People who can gather an audience for a radio show that 20,000 people might be interested in won't get a radio show. And if they do, they won't make any money. 

But you can buy $1000 worth of equipment, and companies will find advertisers for you, and all of a sudden, you making a few grand a month. No overhead. Couple hours a week.

Podcasts are a good deal for Spotify as well. They don't have to pay royalties like they're required to do for music.  They also own podcast creation platform Anchor so they get a cut of advertising revenue generated via Anchor podcasts.

Podcasts are a good deal for Spotify as well. They don't have to pay royalties like they're required to do for music.  They also own podcast creation platform Anchor so they get a cut of advertising revenue generated via Anchor podcasts.
The cost of making a podcast has to be so cheap

Users who are viewing this thread