What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Wayne Gallman, ATL (1 Viewer)

Gallman in on 2nd series, got the carry for decent yards. Also Eli just passed to Gallman out of the backfield, NICE.

At the least we can tell Giants are still comfortable putting him in on passing downs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing this is happening considering the Giants reluctance to use Darkwa in the past. This ability has been there since last year, for some reason they just decided to rely on him a) off a back injury b) after the other RB had the best RB performance of the year.

Unreal.

Gallman in, it looks like Giants are alternating series... Darkwa has been beasting on his series though.

EDIT: Gallman again with a nice chunk run. He ain't losing this jerb without a fight,

Amazing this is happening considering the Giants reluctance to use Darkwa in the past. This ability has been there since last year, for some reason they just decided to rely on him a) off a back injury b) after the other RB had the best RB performance of the year.

Unreal.
This can be a silly game

Gallamn's pass game usage is notable... he's caught everything thrown his way. Darkwa had a pass over his head and dropped another.

50 total yardsfirst half is a good start...but the even spilt is concerning...still about all of be getting out of Ingram and Crowell.

Only able to see little bits of this game when Red Zone switches over but he looks solid and catches the ball really well. Dakwa also was getting his ankle worked on during that last drive on sidelines.

Vereen closing out the game. Was a nice bye week fill. Is a good player but bad situation. Probably will be dropping in any league without huge benches.

Mcadoo thought he had the luxury of playing games with his running back rotation....what a #######

For the record, these are his numbers:

11 carries, 57 yards (5.2 YPC)

5 receptions on 5 targets, 25 yards

Considering he did not start, that's 8.2 in standard, 10.7 in 0.5 PPR. That's certainly usable as a Flex. He ran hard, ran tough and again showed burst/falling forward. His situation is not the best, but his passing down work keeps him stable. Keep in mind Darkwa got hurt in the game.

He had a good game but I'm afraid the Giants should now be avoided in all formats. They have no weapons left on offense and will likely struggle just to cross midfield from now on. 

Wayne Gallman rushed 11 times for 57 yards in the Giants' Week 5 loss to the Chargers, adding five receptions for 25 additional yards.

Orleans Darkwa got the start, and the two backs rotated evenly for the game's first 4-5 series. Gallman slowly took over as Darkwa battled a calf injury. Both backs were ripping chunk gains against the Chargers' soft run defense. With Darkwa's health looking uncertain for Week 6, Gallman could be in for a huge workload for an offense that lost four of its top five receivers on Sunday.
Big workload, can he do anything with it though? His passing game work elevates his floor IMHO at least, but he's going to be in a tough situation.

With the Giants benching Eli and in a full fledged youth movement, it will be interesting to see if Gallman gets a longer look down the stretch. He actually outsnapped Darkwa last Thursday.

Anyone like Gallman as a desperation play in PPR this week?  He seems to be the lead guy in this committee now and has 6 and 7 catches in the last 2 weeks...unfortunately, he does have a tough matchup, and no idea if this reception trend will continue.

Anyone like Gallman as a desperation play in PPR this week?  He seems to be the lead guy in this committee now and has 6 and 7 catches in the last 2 weeks...unfortunately, he does have a tough matchup, and no idea if this reception trend will continue.
Don't know if I "like" him, but I'm rolling with him in a half-PPR league that gives nice bonuses for RBs getting over 25 yards receiving. I lost Burkhead. No other reasonable options.

Just made that move myself. Possible #1 back playing for next year's job over an entrenched #2 coming off a concussion.
Yeah he's locked and loaded over Coleman. And, in another game, I may consider him at flex over Robbie Anderson and Demarious. I mean, this kid might catch 7 balls and hasn't looked half bad...

Just made that move myself. Possible #1 back playing for next year's job over an entrenched #2 coming off a concussion.

Yeah he's locked and loaded over Coleman. And, in another game, I may consider him at flex over Robbie Anderson and Demarious. I mean, this kid might catch 7 balls and hasn't looked half bad...
Funny, almost made the exact same decision here. Ended up starting gallman and Coleman over Henry.

There's a chance Gallman Jr. could carve out a Tevin Coleman-like role here, these are extremely valuable preseason games he's playing in with Barkley sitting out and Stewart looking like a sloth. Gallman Jr. catches just about anything thrown to him and looked decent enough in pass pro last year. He just might do enough to get 6-8 carries a game.

i thought he looked pretty good in preseason.  They could promote Hilliman from the PS or sign some dude off the street to spell him, but Gallman is the only RB they have and he'll be involved in the passing game.  I'm rolling with him in a redraft where I'm in need of a RB2, and hoping for 70 yards, 3-4 receptions, and a shot at a TD.    

Desperate for help with bye week issues (Lev Bell, Breida) an injured Shady and no Gordon back yet.  Had to pick him up for this week. Not holding out hope for too much but maybe some decent checkdown passing opportunity with the new QB back there?  

Who just scooped this guy up and is ready... (for disappointment)
I did.  I lost Barkley and had to spend most of my FAAB to get Gallman.  I didn't have much of a choice, it was either do that or overpay for a RB in a trade.  I had Barkley and Henry as my starters, while my bench was thin...I lost Coleman Week 1 to a HAS, L Murray has been a bust so far and Barber is a JAG.

I have to pray that Gallman can produce weak RB2 numbers, but I am not holding my breath

I spent 25% of FAAB on him and know I overspent.  But this league has deep rosters and almost all backs are gone (best remaining were the likes of Jones and Bernard).  Not many chances to nag a starter.  I had to start Peterson last week....

Users who are viewing this thread