What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (2 Viewers)

One of the survivors of the shooting (not injured) that claimed multiple shooters suddenly dies at age 28 from “stress”... Are you kidding me?  

Keep talking about Trump and Weinstein though America what a joke
Suchomel, 28, who was not injured during [the] shooting, died early [October 9] at her Apple Valley home, according to her grandmother, Julie Norton, the co-founder of the High Desert Phoenix Foundation.

Norton found Suchomel just after 8:30 a.m. when she arrived to care for her 3-year-old great-granddaughter, Scarlett. She believes Suchomel may have died in her sleep after her husband, Mike, left for work at 4:30 a.m.

“Kymberley had epilepsy and she’s always been prone to seizures — she told her friend that she recently had three focal seizures,” Norton told the Daily Press. “I believe the stress from the shooting took her life.”

Suchomel, who was taking medication for a pituitary tumor, shared her fear of trying to fall sleep at night as the “sounds of gunfire” become louder in her head and the images of “broken and bloody bodies” flashed through her mind.
You left out some important stuff.  

Why does everyone think it's so weird that the security guard bailed on the press conference?  Poor guy was probably nervous as hell and bolted while he could. If I were in that position, my press conference would begin and end with the statement "Leave me the #### alone, you friggin' vultures."

How many 28 year olds die in their sleep.  Keep drawing unemployment and food stamps losers, I’ll keep my day job as it treats me well.
What on earth are you talking about? 

Why did you leave out the part about epilepsy seizures and only mention "stress"? 

The girl that died is a really sad story.  They should add her to the death toll from the attack.  If what her family said is true, the stress from that night was something she was unable to overcome.  :(

So I'm now reading the "hero" security guard who bailed on the TV interviews reportedly checked into a UMC clinic the night he disappeared just before the interviews. The UMC clinic has 8 locations and has no record of him. He is still MIA and has not been heard of. Can this thing get any weirder? Or is this normal for a "hero" who doesn't like the limelight?

How many 28 year olds die in their sleep.  Keep drawing unemployment and food stamps losers, I’ll keep my day job as it treats me well.
1/12 or so of people with epilepsy die by the age of 40 from Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy.  The majority of them are in their sleep.

That includes over 4,000 children under the age of 18 every year.

The average age for a SUDEP death is 30.

So... lots.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm now reading the "hero" security guard who bailed on the TV interviews reportedly checked into a UMC clinic the night he disappeared just before the interviews. The UMC clinic has 8 locations and has no record of him. He is still MIA and has not been heard of. Can this thing get any weirder? Or is this normal for a "hero" who doesn't like the limelight?
The conspiracy thread on 4chan/pol is a fun read

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/145521224

If I were him, is lie low as well. Probably hire a lawyer to handle the press though and advise me on what I am obligated to do.
No ####. A guy with no PR experience is thrust into the spotlight in the worst mass shooting in modern US history and the cops and press will jump all over him if he shows the slightest weakness.

He's smart to keep his mouth shut.

Wow there is a lot going on there. 

Have they put out any video tacking his actions leading up to it? Have I missed anything since Campos no showed to his interview and hasn’t surfaced?
Yeah it's easy to miss stuff on there.  I haven't seen any videos personally.  Last I heard about Campos (and this is from a buddy, but that thread alluded to it as well) that he was actually working private security for some outfit similar to Blackwater and was at MB b/c there was some other General there.

I hesitated to even post that, b/c it sounds very conspiracy theorish...and it very well might be....but not too much going on in this thread lately.  

I JUST did this, 4 days after the shooting, at the hotel next door.  Had the DND on my door for all but about 2 hours over 4 days and no one said a word.
Yeah I’ve done it in that very same Mandalay Bay suite. Wife always keeps the dnd sign up and we were there for three days while she recovered from an ivf treatment. No call. Didn’t expect one. 

Tiger Fan said:
Yeah it's easy to miss stuff on there.  I haven't seen any videos personally.  Last I heard about Campos (and this is from a buddy, but that thread alluded to it as well) that he was actually working private security for some outfit similar to Blackwater and was at MB b/c there was some other General there.

I hesitated to even post that, b/c it sounds very conspiracy theorish...and it very well might be....but not too much going on in this thread lately.  
You have to think something is going on here.......with all the cameras in Vegas they have the ability to detail his every move that almost week leading up to the shooting but at least I haven't seen any of it. Only his slip and fall years ago that he sued for. 

You have to think something is going on here.......with all the cameras in Vegas they have the ability to detail his every move that almost week leading up to the shooting but at least I haven't seen any of it. Only his slip and fall years ago that he sued for. 
yeah, pretty strange stuff

They have to know with 100% certainty about the timeline. 

The only question is, are they covering something up (poor police response or hotel liability that led to more deaths) or are they investigating something further, resulting in incomplete data being made public now. 

"Still leads to a ton of questions".  What questions are these?
Here are a few to start with.

What took the police so long to get to the 32nd floor even after they were told that was where the shooting was happening?12 minutes was the last account I had heard of so maybe this has changed.

Motive?

Was he alone?Most accounts seem to think so but with so many in the crowd thinking that it COULD have been it does still raise that question.I tend to side that it was only 1.

Video from the hotel during his stay?2 weeks now and still nothing.

Where is Campos now?Would love to hear his account of what he saw.

If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk.

When you give him the milk, he'll probably ask you for a straw. When he's finished, he'll ask you for a napkin.

Then he'll want to look in a mirror to make sure he doesn't have a milk mustache.

When he looks in the mirror, he might notice his hair needs a trim. So he'll probably ask for a pair of nail scissors.

When you give him the nail scissors, he'll go on a murderous stabbing spree at a mall because ISIS and the FBI told him to.

Here are a few to start with.

What took the police so long to get to the 32nd floor even after they were told that was where the shooting was happening?12 minutes was the last account I had heard of so maybe this has changed.

Motive?

Was he alone?Most accounts seem to think so but with so many in the crowd thinking that it COULD have been it does still raise that question.I tend to side that it was only 1.

Video from the hotel during his stay?2 weeks now and still nothing.

Where is Campos now?Would love to hear his account of what he saw.
What does that have to do with the security guard avoiding the media?  

They have to know with 100% certainty about the timeline. 

The only question is, are they covering something up (poor police response or hotel liability that led to more deaths) or are they investigating something further, resulting in incomplete data being made public now. 
If one were to follow the money...

Well let's work the other way, what answers have you gotten from the evidence (video, footage, interviews, etc) provided by the LVMPD/FBI? 
Oh, sorry.  I think you're under the impression that I'm some sort of LEO or investigator.  I am not.  Sorry for the confusion.

“You're talking about it now and you're not going to talk about it again,” DeGeneres said, adding, “We of course wanted to give you money, and you both were very, very specific. You said you don't want money, you don't want money at all, so you're not getting any money.”
Yeah, right.

Should've known to follow the money. That's why he disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread