What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Moore, CHI (3 Viewers)

I think I'm rolling with Golladay or Landry over him for now...
Probably the right move as Landry is the only health WR over there and Detroit just traded Tate and Golladay will be getting more looks.

That being said I still think Moore has a nice week

I have him in 3 - 16 team dynasty leagues.

In one league starting him over not much (R Anderson, Cam Meredith, Brandon Powell)

Another league over Josh Gordon

Not starting him in 3rd league

Starting him in several leagues as second flex.  I think he has a big game.

Talent; Smith out; great game against a brutal defense last week; playing TB.

I could be wrong but all signs point to go...

He has always played 2nd most or the most snaps of the WRs... he just needed the targets and dropped a 7/157/1 line. Fantastic schedule for WRs down the stretch also.

D.J. Moore hauled in 7-of-8 targets for 157 yards and a touchdown in the Panthers' Week 11 loss to the Lions.

Moore came out of the gates hot, catching two passes for 42 yards on the opening drive. He looked to be headed into the end zone on the second of those catches, but he was pulled down from behind inside the five. He did even better in the second half. With the Panthers facing a third-and-long deep in their own territory, Moore went up high along the sideline to pull in a pass and sprinted down the field for an 82-yard gain before being chased down. It is the third-longest play from scrimmage in the NFL the season and the longest non-scoring play so far. Moore finally found the end zone with a toe-tapping catch late in the fourth quarter to seemingly tie the game, but the Panthers made the questionable decision to go for two. Moore now has two big games sandwiched around two lackluster outings. Likely to be up-and-down all season, Moore will be a risk-reward FLEX play against the Seahawks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded Philip Lindsay for him in a dynasty league a couple weeks ago. Needed WR help pretty bad and had RB depth. Definitely will be up and down but could finish the year nicely if Cam keeps looking at. Very excited for his future tho.

I like his and Carolina's matchups down the playoff stretch. Might blow my #1 waiver spot on him this week, just to play keepaway.

Going after the big three WR pickups this week -- DJ Moore, Tra Smith, K. Coutee. 

How would you rank these three?

1. Tra Smith -- Best QB throwing him the ball.

2. DJ Moore -- May have just supplanted Funchess as #1.

3. K. Coutee -- Lousier offense, but could be peppered in the slot.

Going after the big three WR pickups this week -- DJ Moore, Tra Smith, K. Coutee. 

I grabbed 2 and 3 last week...wish I had started them, but survived it.  Planning to grab #1 this week with Brees stack.  I think I agree with your rankings.

Moore- Upside is there but CAR has so many weapons it will be hard to rely on him as anything more than a WR3

Smith- Will be even more boom bust than Moore IMO. Philly was decimated at CB and tried to scheme MT out of the game. This is what happened. I don't expect the targets to be there.

Coutee- Safe floor but very limited upside

What is with this narrative?  I get that there is some nagging injury concern, but the guy threw for 360 yards and 3 TDs ... equating to 30 FF points.

Seems like Cam and DJ are just fine from the QB perspective.
Cam is a great Fantasy QB.  He’s currently ranked QB#7 in my league.  BUT... he only has TWO games for throwing over 300 yards.  Ever other QB currently ranked in the top 10, has at least four 300 yard games.  I’ll feel more comfortable starting Moore when Cam starts throwing for more yardage consistently instead of getting his fantasy points with his legs.  Only Newton and Trubisky (in the top 10) have thrown for under 2700 yards and both of them are right around 2400 yards for the season so far.  The next lowest is Luck at 2769 followed by Rivers at 2860.  So while Cam and Mitch are averaging roughly 240 yards a game, every other QB ranked in the top 10 is averaging 280 - 340 yards per game. 

Long term I like them in order Moore, Smith, coutee. For this year in a PPR I would maybe go Coutee first if you just need a solid guy. Houston is a solid offense since Watson can sling the ball around very well, doesn’t have the TD potential as the other 2 but is fairly safe and can have big games. Then I’d go Moore, when they try and get him the ball good things usually happen and I would expect him to be more consistent then Smith, also has very good matchups the rest of the year. Smith would be a fine consolation prize if you didn’t get one of the others but I just see him being much more boom or bust

Moore- it seems that he has become the #1 on that team from a snap count perspective.  That should lead to more consistency.

Smith- He is one week removed from a zero target game.  He is the #3 option behind Thomas and Kamara.  This week the Eagles doubled each of those guys but I don't see that happening every week.  He will have up/down games.  This week it wouldn't surprise me if he gets 30 pts or zero.  

Coutee- If you are looking for his type of consistency I doubt you are contending for a championship unless it is in a large/deep league.

Coutee- If you are looking for his type of consistency I doubt you are contending for a championship unless it is in a large/deep league.
Honestly, his consistency is attractive vs. boom / bust. 5-50 floor aint so bad when you've been up and down with the John Brown yo yo or got screwed by MVS.

Going for 2 of 3. 

kyoun1e said:

Where does Ridley rank amongst these guys?

D.J. Moore hauled in 8-of-9 targets for 91 yards in the Panthers' Week 12 loss to the Seahawks.

Christian McCaffrey was the main target in the passing game, but Moore operated as the No. 1 receiver with Devin Funchess on the sidelines. That did not result in much work in the first half, but he caught six passes for 54 yards after the break and continued to look dangerous with the ball in his hands. If Funchess sits again, Moore will be an upside WR3 in a great matchup against the Bucs next week

I love watching DJ Moore play/ reminds me so much of Percy Harvin. 

Gonna be a star in this league.

ROS I’ll be tempted to play him over guys like Lockett Breida and Golladay depending on matchups 

I am ready for #1 WR D.J. Moore... pretty sure Cam is too. Moore caught almost everything while Funchess can be a drop machine at times.

The Frankman said:
I am ready for #1 WR D.J. Moore... pretty sure Cam is too. Moore caught almost everything while Funchess can be a drop machine at times.
He lacks a bit of polish but this stood out to me as well

Hoping for at least solid WR3 points moving forward. McCaffrey hogged all the action last week so I'd imagine the distribution won't be as skewed moving forward.

With Cam out for the regular season and Taylor Heinicke the new QB vs. an ATL team  that has nothing to play for... are you guys sticking with starting D.J Moore in the Championship Game? Or going to other WR options like Josh Reynolds/DaeShawn Hamilton/etc.? Heincke looked pretty bad every time I've seen him (especially on the Vikings), but even so garbage time could be a factor + Atlanta may rest starters.

The Frankman said:
With Cam out for the regular season and Taylor Heinicke the new QB vs. an ATL team  that has nothing to play for... are you guys sticking with starting D.J Moore in the Championship Game? Or going to other WR options like Josh Reynolds/DaeShawn Hamilton/etc.? Heincke looked pretty bad every time I've seen him (especially on the Vikings), but even so garbage time could be a factor + Atlanta may rest starters.
Dropped him for Robby Anderson. The guys yoy listed would be better options although you made a good point on garbage time potential. 

He's probably going at a fair value if you believe in him.  

He's there with Landry/Mike Williams/Calvin Ridley/Boyd.  

I think Landry's upside is limited enough that I can get behind Moore over him.  On the flip side, I think Williams/Landry have pretty high upside and in a world of 3 guys that have never broken 1,000 yards--the 10 TD's weigh pretty heavily for me.  

Boyd having 1,000 yards and 7 TD's in a system where he was missing Green/Dalton--I think I prefer him at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread