What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#QAnon (6 Viewers)

Among Republicans it's:

33 - Yes mostly true

23 - Yes partly true

13 - No not true

19 - Never heard of Qanon

12 - Unsure

So, if I read that right, potentially 75 million Americans believe that Democrat politicians, such as Hillary Clinton, are running a pedophile ring in a non existing basement of Comet Pizza?

Or has it evolved?
Technically, Pizzagate (which started in October 2016) is a separate conspiracy that predates Qanon (which started in October 2017). If I could sum them each up with just one sentence, it would be:

Pizzagate: the belief that Hillary Clinton and other prominent Democrats are running a child-trafficking ring out of the (non-existent) basement of a pizza place.

Qanon: the belief that Satan worshippers, in conjunction with the Hollywood liberal elite, under the supervision of the Democratic party, have formed a cabal which secretly runs the world and controls the government and the media, covering up their pedophilia and other crimes; and Donald Trump (with backing from the U.S. military) knows all about it and is secretly planning to unmask and arrest the offenders, crush the "Deep State" once and for all, and unleash a new utopian society upon the country.

There's a lot of overlap here, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Qanon started to gather steam just as Pizzagate started to fizzle out.

(I also don't think it's a coincidence that Qanon uses apocalyptic language that echoes religious "End Times" prophecies.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Among Republicans it's:

33 - Yes mostly true

23 - Yes partly true

13 - No not true

19 - Never heard of Qanon

12 - Unsure

I'm not sure what worries me more, that most conservatives believe this, or that they are likely to regain power even if they lose this year.
I think the question was posed in a way that increases the likelihood of answering "Yes".

Instead of asking, "Do you believe there's a conspiracy involving deep state elites?", they should have asked "Do you believe there's a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run the country, and if so, do you believe that Donald Trump is secretly working to expose them and overthrow them?"

Because there are a lot of people out there who wouldn't buy in to the actual "Qanon" theory, but do believe that Democrats and bureaucrats (Obama, Comey, various FBI agents, Parks Department employees, et. al.) are collectively attempting to undermine Trump and Republicans. In that context, I can see why someone might answer "mostly true" or "partly true" to the question as written.

I think the question was posed in a way that increases the likelihood of answering "Yes".

Instead of asking, "Do you believe there's a conspiracy involving deep state elites?", they should have asked "Do you believe there's a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run the country, and if so, do you believe that Donald Trump is secretly working to expose them and overthrow them?"

Because there are a lot of people out there who wouldn't buy in to the actual "Qanon" theory, but do believe that Democrats and bureaucrats (Obama, Comey, various FBI agents, Parks Department employees, et. al.) are collectively attempting to undermine Trump and Republicans. In that context, I can see why someone might answer "mostly true" or "partly true" to the question as written.
You'd have to be an absolute crackpot to answer yes to even your more benign question. I'm also far from convinced there would be much difference in the answers to your questions from Trump supporters/voters

That would make sense. 

And as much as I dislike Trump as President, I'm more worried about when Miller becomes President. 
I don’t think he has the charisma. I think he’s more of a behind the scenes Karl Rove type. Trump had years in the public eye to promote himself. A lot (maybe most) Americans have no idea who Stephen miller is.

That would make sense. 

And as much as I dislike Trump as President, I'm more worried about when Miller becomes President. 
If Trump wins in November, the next 4 years will be Miller’s first term. The checks and balances in the government are broken and increasingly the court of public opinion hasn’t been able to stop the horrible ideas. If he manages to get 4 more years, you’ll see boarder separation and worse because who will stop them? Every bad idea Miller has will happen.

If Trump wins in November, the next 4 years will be Miller’s first term. The checks and balances in the government are broken and increasingly the court of public opinion hasn’t been able to stop the horrible ideas. If he manages to get 4 more years, you’ll see boarder separation and worse because who will stop them? Every bad idea Miller has will happen.
*border

:rant:  

We are a failed state.

https://time.com/5887437/conspiracy-theories-2020-election/

But by far the greatest delusions I heard came from voters on the right. More than a third of the Trump supporters I spoke with voiced some kind of conspiratorial thinking. “COVID could have been released by communist China to bring down our economy,” says John Poulos, loading groceries into his car outside Sendik’s grocery store in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa. “COVID was manufactured,” says Maureen Bloedorn, walking into a Dollar Tree in Kenosha. She did not vote for Trump in 2016 but plans to support him in November, in part because “he sent Obama a bill for all of his vacations he took on the American dime.” This idea was popularized by a fake news story that originated on a satirical website and went viral.

On a cigarette break outside their small business in Ozaukee County, Tina Arthur and Marcella Frank told me they plan to vote for Trump again because they are deeply alarmed by “the cabal.” They’ve heard “numerous reports” that the COVID-19 tents set up in New York and California were actually for children who had been rescued from underground sex-trafficking tunnels.

Arthur and Frank explained they’re not followers of QAnon. Frank says she spends most of her free time researching child sex trafficking, while Arthur adds that she often finds this information on the Russian-owned search engine Yandex. Frank’s eyes fill with tears as she describes what she’s found: children who are being raped and tortured so that “the cabal” can “extract their blood and drink it.” She says Trump has seized the blood on the black market as part of his fight against the cabal. “I think if Biden wins, the world is over, basically,” adds Arthur. “I would honestly try to leave the country. And if that wasn’t an option, I would probably take my children and sit in the garage and turn my car on and it would be over.”

I'm uncomfortable with the media "outing" private citizens who have not committed a crime.

This situation seems like a bit of a grey area, though -- it looks like the outing/website removal took place before Bloomberg reported on the story, but I'm not sure if it was necessary for them to publicize his alleged LinkedIn profile and his alleged place of work.

There are several sites that aggregate all Q posts (from the chan board that anons ask questions and converse with Q, and the dedicated Q board).

On these sites you will only see posts directly from Q, either stand alone drops or responses to questions from anons, but no irrelevant back and forths or wild goose chase that tend to show up on the regular boards.

qmap.pub is one that is popular, it allows you to search, sort, and add tweets from POTUS in the timeline to see them and the Q posts side by side (a lot of the Q anons believe that Trump coordinates certain tweets with Q drops, there is even some sort of timestamp significance which is over my head). I have never used this site until just now because I forgot the name of the site I go to, lol.

The site I use to check Q posts is qanon.app

It is a more basic version of the site above. Only shows direct Q drops and responses from Q.

^^Qmap is the one that was just shut down, it's obviously been a source for Boze in the past, explains a lot.

A popular website for posts about the conspiracy group QAnon abruptly shut down after a fact-checking group identified the developer as a New Jersey man.

Qmap.pub is among the largest websites promoting the QAnon conspiracy, with over 10 million visitors in July, according to web analytics firm SimilarWeb Ltd., and served as the primary archive of QAnon’s posts. The website aggregates posts by Q, the anonymous figure behind the QAnon theory, and the creator of the Qmap.pub website is known online only as “QAppAnon.” ...

Reached outside his home, Gelinas declined to comment on the Logically report, saying only that someone had sent it to him on Twitter after it was published.

“I’m not going to comment on any of that,” Gelinas said when asked if he was behind the website Qmap. “I’m not going to get involved. I want to stay out of it.”

Wearing an American flag baseball cap, Gelinas said that QAnon is a “patriotic movement to save the country.”

Hours after the initial contact from Bloomberg News, the website was no longer accessible.

A LinkedIn profile for Gelinas says he works as an information security analyst at Citigroup. Citigroup declined to comment.

...QAppAnon, the online name of qmap’s creator, also runs a Patreon account, which receives more than $3,000 a month in donations, according to the Patreon site. In March, QAppAnon announced on Patreon an upcoming Android app named “Armor of God,” a social network for followers of QAnon. ...
It's a corporate IT guy who monetized the site and was making money off it.

It's a corporate IT guy who monetized the site and was making money off it.
Pretty smart guy.  Fleecing rubes.
(oh and fanning the flames of conspiracy, hate, and standing by as those flames consume the USA, or at least get some people really hurt or killed).

There is no individual on earth singularly holding more personal responsibility for where we are as a politically divided nation than Rush Limbaugh. The type of hateful partisan rhetoric from the left and center directed at Trump and his supporters that conservatives have only recently begun noticing and chastising has been pouring out of this guy's piehole for over 30 years. 

Continuing my thoughts on this "man" will get me a long vacation so I'll be done now.
Actually ... Newt Gingrich started it

I know where you're coming from, but that's not really what I meant. Gingrich became speaker in January of 1995. While he was elected to congress in 1979, he really made his name in the early 90s after Clinton was elected.  That's when he made gridlock and partisan obstruction the norm in congress.

Limbaugh has been lying and spreading hate and division on a national scale since August of 1988 and was a wildly popular radio personality in California before that.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I realize how nutty it is to recommend a 75-minute video (!) but Folding Ideas' "Looking for a Flat Earth" on youtube is a great snapshot of the Q mentality.

Herb said:
JAA said:
I know where you're coming from, but that's not really what I meant. Gingrich became speaker in January of 1995. While he was elected to congress in 1979, he really made his name in the early 90s after Clinton was elected.  That's when he made gridlock and partisan obstruction the norm in congress.

Limbaugh has been lying and spreading hate and division on a national scale since August of 1988 and was a wildly popular radio personality in California before that.
Agree to disagree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#Role_in_political_polarization

Newt made it OK, he paved the way while showing it would work.

Said he knew nothing about them but knows... "Let me just tell you what I do hear about, it is they are very strongly against pedophilia and I agree with that. I do agree with that very strongly".   The dude is unreal, just unreal.

Said he knew nothing about them but knows... "Let me just tell you what I do hear about, it is they are very strongly against pedophilia and I agree with that. I do agree with that very strongly".   The dude is unreal, just unreal.
"I know absolutely nothing about them, but here is their core conspiracy about kids that I very much support!"

"They're fighting pedophilia"--Trump

Umm, no.  They are not fighting pedophilia.  Spending all your time online, reading conspiracy theory, and 'decoding'........whatever it is they are decoding, is not fighting anything.  

They have,  however, developed a history of kidnapping children.  

The fact that it was necessary to bump this thread is not good for Trump.  Umm let's see, Ukraine natural gas company over here, Satanic baby-eating cult over here.   :thumbup:

Anytime anyone brings up Ukraine Emails, Biden campaign can just say, "Qanon believes that Tom Hanks eats babies, and that JFK Jr. attends Trump rallies!!"  :tinfoilhat:

It'll work like a charm, because Fox News has trained their viewership.  

A while ago I put together a list on twitter comprising QAnon-themed accounts. A sampling from that feed today:

• Harvey Weinstein sexual assault case will move forward.
  • Public support for the border wall is at an all-time high.
  • Leftists panic as Justice Ginsburg has cancerous tumor removed.
  • Rep. Gohmert says building the wall will be key to Trump's reelection.
  • Deep State propping up Justice Ginsburg like Weekend At Bernie's.
  • Donald Trump Jr. scorches Ocasio-Cortez for whining about ‘Fake News.’
  • GoFundMe outreach for Trump wall races past $11 million, with a goal of $1 billion.
  • Trump condemns the Democrat Shutdown.
  • Democratic operatives created fake Russian bots designed to link Kremlin to Roy Moore in Alabama race.
  • General Mattis was fired by Obama cronies for opposing the former President's Iran deal.
You know what's not there in any post I've seen today? Anything at all about QAnon. Is that particular strain of the overall conspiracy theory dead now?
This hasn’t aged well

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
I am interested to see what pivot there is if Trump loses the election.

A big big part of this nonsense is the files that  get declassified, blowing the lid off the entire pedo operation, and the sealed indictments.  For those that haven't read much about this, there are somewhere between 50,000 and 140,000 sealed indictments, that are ready to drop......any day now.  

Very early on in the QAnon movement, it occurred to me that this theory has an expiration date. This seems like a big flaw. Whenever Trump is not in power, how can he expose the Satanic pedo ring?  

YouTube shutting down the big channels is really big, and if they take away the monetization from the most popular grifters, will this thing lose steam?  The sheep, older Americans that are basically suckers (sadly), they feed off the motivated younger snake oil salesmen, who are making money off their channels.  

A big big part of this nonsense is the files that  get declassified, blowing the lid off the entire pedo operation, and the sealed indictments.  For those that haven't read much about this, there are somewhere between 50,000 and 140,000 sealed indictments, that are ready to drop......any day now.  

Very early on in the QAnon movement, it occurred to me that this theory has an expiration date. This seems like a big flaw. Whenever Trump is not in power, how can he expose the Satanic pedo ring?  

YouTube shutting down the big channels is really big, and if they take away the monetization from the most popular grifters, will this thing lose steam?  The sheep, older Americans that are basically suckers (sadly), they feed off the motivated younger snake oil salesmen, who are making money off their channels.  
There's never a need to pivot when you troll - just move on to the next thing and don't address anything.  You can find plenty of examples of just that in the PSF. 

these people are absolutely nuts, just like all the other millions of conspiracy theorists out there on the internet pushing their stupid beliefs. It's amazing to me how often some otherwise normal-seeming person these days will just casually drop into conversation how Tom Hanks is a child rapist, Bill Gates is trying to control us all through vaccines, the Trump administration is actively working to suppress black voters, or Sandy Hook was an inside job. It's crazy how many people seriously buy into stuff like this.

these people are absolutely nuts, just like all the other millions of conspiracy theorists out there on the internet pushing their stupid beliefs. It's amazing to me how often some otherwise normal-seeming person these days will just casually drop into conversation how Tom Hanks is a child rapist, Bill Gates is trying to control us all through vaccines, the Trump administration is actively working to suppress black voters, or Sandy Hook was an inside job. It's crazy how many people seriously buy into stuff like this.
How soon we forget "HILLARY SOLD ALL OF OUR URANIUM TO THE RUSSIANS!!!!1111ONE1".

Physical uranium trading at $29/Lb today.  You can buy all you want.  Especially from the Russians.  Pretty sure the price was in the mid 20s when all this nonsense was being spread.  Odd that such a highly sought after and strategic commodity hasn't advanced price wise much in the face of all this controversy!    :lmao:

Seems like he’s set up his next conspiracy: Biden had Seal Team 6 killed, Bin Laden death was faked. Lots of mileage to be had there. Trump doesn’t even have to release any documents. Just say that he saw them and he will release them soon. 

Seems like he’s set up his next conspiracy: Biden had Seal Team 6 killed, Bin Laden death was faked. Lots of mileage to be had there. Trump doesn’t even have to release any documents. Just say that he saw them and he will release them soon. 
Right after the election if he wins.  All rolled up into one document along with the new health care plan, huge middle class tax cuts, the truth about who killed JFK and the 1947 Roswell incident fully unmasked.  

Right after the election if he wins.  All rolled up into one document along with the new health care plan, huge middle class tax cuts, the truth about who killed JFK and the 1947 Roswell incident fully unmasked.  
He can literally say he knows whatever and will release the info later and that’s been enough for most of his supporters. They believe.

Biden campaign doesn’t even have to do much...Trump just keeps dunking on himself.
Totally agree. Every cringeworthy comment he makes about stuff that should be clear cut makes me wonder why he can't do the right thing in those moments. I don't mean be a stand up guy or anything like that. It's more like what he is supposed to say as POTUS and how it could give him a little bit of political equity. When he stays on teleprompter would be another way of putting it. 

In what’s the most mind blowing thing I’ve seen this week (which says a lot), today is the day Qers are expecting Trump to announce JFK Jr is not only still alive but is replacing Pence on the ticket. No joke. Twitter has pictures of people in Trump Kennedy 2020 shirts and JFK Jr masks.

Users who are viewing this thread