What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (1 Viewer)

The Dolphins are legit awful.  I think the kid has a bright future, but this is the same as me scoring 30 points in a pickup game against 8 year olds. 

1) dont buy lamar being real

2) i score those tds, that's how open he was

3) miami

... We'll see. I mean, he's there for me but i just cant pull the trigger. Yet. 

1) dont buy lamar being real

2) i score those tds, that's how open he was

3) miami

... We'll see. I mean, he's there for me but i just cant pull the trigger. Yet. 
Is getting open a bad thing? It’s not like they lost him in zone coverage or someone slipped. He beat a dude one on one on a slant, made a nice catch and housed it. Then he used a subtle fake to the outside to freeze his man and blew by him for his second td. He did the same thing against Philly in the preseason game but there was too much pressure on the qb to get a throw off.

Kinda feels like the game people will chase all season and get burned, right? Needs targets not just TDs. Looked great though
Wouldn’t it be logical for the Ravens to give me more targets as he recovers. Sure that could be his best game all season (his most efficient at least) but he looked like a weapon that the Ravens could use since they lack playmakers.

Wouldn’t it be logical for the Ravens to give me more targets as he recovers. Sure that could be his best game all season (his most efficient at least) but he looked like a weapon that the Ravens could use since they lack playmakers.
Hollywood posts here!

Agreed he is a weapon. He had 5 targets in one half! If that game is competitive he’s probably pushing 8-10 targets. Hell he killed 2 drives all by himself by housing long tds. And this is his first real game since the foot injury. Health is a way bigger concern to me than whether his role is viable for fantasy.

Yeah - the tea leaves definitely say if the game were competitive he would have been out there wreaking havoc the whole game. 

But it wasn’t, so he sat the second half. 

Dude had 5 targets and only played 14 snaps. So 35% of the time he was on the field he was the target. 

I’ve seen comments about his deep threat & if they don’t take shots or if they miss those deep shots he won’t have value. Except one of his TDs was on an inside slant. Waldman specifically discussed that play - a fake and a quick cut busted him open for that - it was a good throw by L.J. to hit him in stride, but that was all Hollywood. 

AZ secondary is pretty below average without Peterson back there, so I’m excited to see what happens this week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Marquise Brown (hip) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice but is expected to be ready for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

"I think he’ll be ready to roll this week," OC Greg Roman said Thursday. It would appear so, but Brown might not be in for a huge increase in his Week 1 snap count (14) if he's at less than 100 percent health. Despite last week's outburst, Brown will be a volatile WR3 for Week 2.
Had not heard about the hip until now.

If you followed the game flow, it seemed like he was getting consistent targets until the game got out of hand. At that point there was no incentive to risk him.

He's going to be feast-or-famine at times like all WRs, but Baltimore has no proven pass-catchers on their roster, so I think Brown, Andrews, and maybe even Hurst will finish the season as solid values from a ppg standpoint. Even the worst passing offenses usually eclipse 3000 yards and they are going to claim a big chunk of that because there's nobody else on the team who demands a lot of looks.

i put in a twenty percent FAAB waiver claim for him, even with knowledge of 12-14 snaps.

My leaguemates? Oh, they let him go for free. There I sat, pocket lint out, sniveling.

Word is that he's questionable with a hip. 

"Happy to have you, Marquise. Sit down, won't you?"

Hollywood didn't practice on Friday, according to Rotoworld.    That's what he did last week, however.  But emerging TE Mark Andrews didn't either. 

Both are concerning to me, especially since I own both (14th round pick for Brown, 16th round for Andrews in a 12-teamer).    Andrews is in a smash spot against the Cardinal defense that gave up 131 yards and a TD to T.J. Hockenson.   

Ravens WR Marquise Brown (hip) will play through his questionable tag for the team's Week 2 matchup against the Cardinals.

Brown didn't practice Friday, but this was also the case in Week 1. Coach John Harbaugh clarified to reporters Friday that Hollywood is again expected to suit up come game time. The question is whether that will include a full-time role; Brown played on just 14-of-76 offensive snaps in Week 1. The Ravens' passing offense is set up brilliantly against the Cardinals' mediocre secondary that will continue to be without their top-two CBs for the foreseeable future.

Sep 13, 2019, 4:57 PM ET

Good news.

Is anybody ballin', shotcallin', or rollin' with Hollywood?

He stays on my bench. A-Rob and JG10 see the field this week, at the worst DK does, with a Michel or Singletary FLEX.

QRRWWT fleX DK league.

rockaction said:
Good news.

He stays on my bench. A-Rob and JG10 see the field this week, at the worst DK does, with a Michel or Singletary FLEX.

QRRWWT fleX DK league.
I'm hearing that the AZ secondary is pretty bad. Starting him with confidence in week 2, assuming healthy.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Marquise Brown (questionable, hip) will play Week 2 against the Cardinals.

He sat out Friday's practice, which appears to be Brown's new routine as the Ravens look to limit his exposure coming off foot and hip injuries. Hollywood was the first receiver to go in this year's draft and he showed why with an explosive Week 1, dusting the Dolphins for 147 yards despite an abbreviated workload (just 14 snaps). His DeSean Jackson-esque deep prowess will lead to some huge weeks, though Brown's minimal playing time makes him an inherently risky fantasy proposition.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 15, 2019, 8:09 AM ET

rockaction said:
Good news.

QRRWWT fleX DK league.
I am, with Tyreek Hill out this week. 

The Cardinal secondary with no Patrick Peterson makes for a mouth-watering matchup for Marquise.   Great matchup for Mark Andrews too, if you've got him.  

Marquise Brown caught 8-of-13 targets for 86-scoreless yards in the Ravens' Week 2 win against the Cardinals.

Lamar Jackson and Brown hooked up for a game-clinching 41-yard bomb on the Ravens' final drive of the game. Hollywood was still plenty involved before the deep completion, as he received a heavy dose of short high-percentage targets in the first half that showed off his solid run after the catch ability. Locked in as a featured field-stretcher in one of the league's most-exciting offenses, Brown is firmly in low-end WR2 consideration ahead of next week's matchup against the Panthers.

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 2

Excerpt:

Andrews has legitimate league-winning upside, but maybe not as much as rookie Marquise Brown. In Week 1, Brown ran just eight routes, turning five targets into four catches, 147 yards, and two touchdowns. In Week 2, he ran 37 routes (84%) while leading the team in targets (13), catching eight for 86 yards. Brown was one of my top sleepers and favorite prospects in this class for reasons outlined here, here, and here. I’d start him with confidence next week as a high-end WR3.

Hollywood has clearly established himself as the unquestioned #1 WR in Baltimore.   That kid is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands.   And he tracks long throws nearly as well as DeSean Jackson can. 

If he gets 13 targets like last week, 120+ yards receiving and 1-2 TDs is well within reach.   Kansas City's secondary has no answer for him. 

why is Marquise ranked so low this week?  I keep seeing him ranked in the mid-20s and I don't get it.  He's WR4 right now in my PPR league and playing against a bad defense in what should be a shootout.  He's the unquestioned WR1 in Baltimore, I don't get this one at all. 

Looking to put him in my lineup over Ty Hilton but I keep finding Ty ranked ahead of him and I'm not sure why

why is Marquise ranked so low this week?  I keep seeing him ranked in the mid-20s and I don't get it.  He's WR4 right now in my PPR league and playing against a bad defense in what should be a shootout.  He's the unquestioned WR1 in Baltimore, I don't get this one at all. 

Looking to put him in my lineup over Ty Hilton but I keep finding Ty ranked ahead of him and I'm not sure why
He's in my lineup. The rankings this year are extra weird. Just not listening to them.

In the projections Dodds has him ranked 10 (standard and ppr), Bloom ranks him 11 & 12, and Trembley ranks him 16.

Marquise Brown caught 2-of-9 targets for 49 yards in the Ravens' Week 3 loss to the Chiefs.

Brown made a beautiful over-the-shoulder grab in the fourth quarter but otherwise had a long day as Lamar Jackson finally struggled through the air. Two of L-Jax's longest passes were fluke second half completions. Brown's usage was nevertheless encouraging. He now has 22 targets over the past two weeks. He is beginning to look like a real-deal WR2/3. For Week 4, Baltimore gets a Browns secondary dealing with hamstring injuries to Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams.

Sep 22, 2019, 6:25 PM ET

Graham Barfield @GrahamBarfield

Marquise Brown has seen a target on 34.6% of his routes this season, which trails only Keenan Allen (35.3%) for the league's highest rate. Browns CBs Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams (hamstring) DNP all week.

Marquise Brown caught 4-of-7 targets for 22 yards in the Ravens' Week 4 loss to the Browns.

Brown has just 71 scoreless yards to show for 16 targets the last two weeks. The rookie will have to deal with Joe Haden and Steven Nelson's coverage against the Steelers next week where he'll be a boom-bust WR3.

Sep 29, 2019, 6:44 PM ET

He dropped what would have been a 15-20 yard gain. Not a perfect throw but needs to be caught. Also saw Lamar throw a ball at his feet in the end zone. Maybe could have caught have made a difficult catch but the blame was certainly on the pass. 

He dropped what would have been a 15-20 yard gain. Not a perfect throw but needs to be caught. Also saw Lamar throw a ball at his feet in the end zone. Maybe could have caught have made a difficult catch but the blame was certainly on the pass. 
Think I know the one you're talking about and it looked like he alligator-armed it a bit. The slant, right? 

That would have been a really tough catch in the end zone and the commentator commented on the nature of it, too. 

Think I know the one you're talking about and it looked like he alligator-armed it a bit. The slant, right? 

That would have been a really tough catch in the end zone and the commentator commented on the nature of it, too. 
Yup those are the ones.

Users who are viewing this thread