What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (3 Viewers)

Dee Dee was a cool cat but his rap album is dreck.

We visited his grave in Hollywood a few years back.
Dee Dee seems like he was a good, well-meaning guy who happened to write the most absurd bubblegum pop songs about male prostitution and shooting up until you're absolutely broke and selling all of your stuff.

He was full of naivete: something it takes a ton of to think one can cut a rap album with no real prior experience or listening history and have it be good. 

RIP

I wonder if he was exaggerating his rage for attention or if he is really that unhinged. Strange stuff.
And in the end ... he got his way -- Cappy ceded Marshall Faulk Barry Sanders Ladanian Tomlinson Derrick Henry to him in the end. Not faulting Capella at all -- just making a point that Raptors was being manipulative, not merely aggrieved. That's learned behavior in meatspace.

I'd bet money that if Raptors had come in from a totally different angle, apologized for letting his hour run out, explained some things ("I was in traffic" or something), and asked for a mulligan ... it would have been granted. No one was looking to expressly screw him over.

He started another thread in the SP that was deleted that got even darker where he started talking about mass violence. It seemed extreme for someone motivated by attention or any level of schtick 
I know in today's world, we think we have to evaluate these kinds of outbursts completely differently. In fact, someone motivated by attention will readily go straight to what will get that attention with absolutely no intention or thought to carrying out a threat.

You teach high school (right? not little kids) ... you've certainly heard your share of empty threats meant to express in-the-moment anger and/or depression as opposed to being meant to serve as a lucid warning of future intent.

I wonder if he was exaggerating his rage for attention or if he is really that unhinged. Strange stuff.
He did the same thing last year.  There were two unknown guys trying to get into the league and I figured one of them was his alias.  Should’ve pushed harder to keep him out.

I know in today's world, we think we have to evaluate these kinds of outbursts completely differently. In fact, someone motivated by attention will readily go straight to what will get that attention with absolutely no intention or thought to carrying out a threat.

You teach high school (right? not little kids) ... you've certainly heard your share of empty threats meant to express in-the-moment anger and/or depression as opposed to being meant to serve as a lucid warning of future intent.
Absolutely but also they typically don't carry on for 45 minutes like that. 

Happy Mondays - 24 Hour Party People  - I don't actually know this song but I like it like most Happy Mondays songs I've heard - is the movie with the same name worth watching?
The movie with the same name is better than the song, and I (obviously) love the song.

Well worth watching!
I flat out love the movie.

And if factory records and Manchester bands are even remotely interesting to you, it's a must-watxh.

This, imo.

I can't explain why I need to hear about this meltdown mentioned in the last few pages, but I feel in my hones that I do- can somebody give me a recap?
Eminence is back, participated in a hundred dollar ante league, got skipped because he left the draft and the clock ran over, and then started demanding things, typing in all caps, taking out threads, and talking about (though not threatening, per se) mass shootings. It was actually quite awful. 

Eminence is back, participated in a hundred dollar ante league, got skipped because he left the draft and the clock ran over, and then started demanding things, typing in all caps, taking out threads, and talking about (though not threatening, per se) mass shootings. It was actually quite awful. 
Ugh.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, it'll all be everybody else's fault.

Mass shootings though? Time to alert the people with even more authority than Joe, imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread