Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

snitwitch

44 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

I wonder if any of these GOP Senators are sitting there and feeling any shame.

I think they've shown they know no shame, but you can bet they're praying that Trump and Barr are successful in making sure Bolton's book never sees the light of day and he is warned that his information is classified information and if he grants interviews, he'll be jailed. Sound extreme? Almost like a country with a dictator?  Just watch

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

That's the first time I've seen someone misspell "cheaters" that badly. No matter, Trump's actions will come back to bite him eventually.

The Patriots, Astros, and Red Sox didn't have to give back their trophies.  Cheaters win sometimes, maybe more nowadays than they used to.

5 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I think they've shown they know no shame, but you can bet they're praying that Trump and Barr are successful in making sure Bolton's book never sees the light of day and he is warned that his information is classified information and if he grants interviews, he'll be jailed. Sound extreme? Almost like a country with a dictator?  Just watch

I think squelching what's in Bolton's book is already in progress. Under the ostensible grounds that there is information vital to the country's security in there. This is Bolton's, what, fourth book? Like he doesn't know what he can and cannot say.

Adam Schiff:

If Trump isn't removed he "could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and leave Jared Kushner to run the country, delegating to him the decision whether they go to war." 

Bwahahaha  :lmao: Haaaahaaa :lmao:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Adam Schiff:

If Trump isn't removed he "could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and leave Jared Kushner to run the country, delegating to him the decision whether they go to war." 

The first hypo is literally from Dershowitz’s book. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
4 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Adam Schiff:

The first hypo is literally from Dershowitz’s book. 

Nice

Edited by Sheriff Bart
  • Laughing 2

5 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

McCarthy was a Republican also. It very much is a GOP thing. 

Who was McCarthy politically targeting?  Who was in office during this?  How did that president feel about the situation. 

Looking back, Eisenhower dealt with so much during his 8 years. Crazy when you compare it to today’s difficulties. 

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

Adam Schiff:

That's not a straw man. Dershowitz argues that those things are not impeachable offenses because they are not criminal acts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kal El said:

That's the first time I've seen someone misspell "cheaters" that badly. No matter, Trump's actions will come back to bite him eventually.

Unfortunately if his life up until this point is any indicator, no it won’t. He’s the true Teflon Don. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KPD said:

The Patriots, Astros, and Red Sox didn't have to give back their trophies.  Cheaters win sometimes, maybe more nowadays than they used to.

Interestingly enough Trump's lawyers brought up these cheating teams to compare them to D's cheating impeachment process rules.  I guess ignoring Schiff calling Trump an election cheater.  Maybe cheaters don't always win after all... sigh.

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Senator Joe Manchin is offering a censure resolution to be voted on.

This is a challenge for those Republicans, like Alexander and Rubio, who have said that Trump's behavior was inappropriate but that impeachment is too high a punishment. Now let's see if they mean it.

The new goalpost will be "Well, it's bad but it's not censurable..."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I can't imagine that McConnell wants this to go to the floor. He will do everything he can to avoid a vote on a censure that would force the moderate Republicans to publicly repudiate Trump in any way.

And that will be yet another obvious attempt to cover-up and let Trump get away with anything he wants.  The more that we have on official record, the worse it's going to be as facts keep trickling out. 

20 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:
4 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Yeah it's funny, I didn't think laws mattered anymore. It's every person for themselves.  Take or get taken.

I think you missed some of the unspoken suggestions of the article.  This person is poor.

She should just sell some of her stocks then.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

He can argue what he wants.  He doesnt actually get a say.

Yes, but that's not what people were discussing. The discussion was about whether it was laughable to think that anyone would ever actually make such a ridiculous argument. The answer is that it's not laughable because somebody (Dershowitz) did in fact make that argument.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Yep.  That's extremely  likely.   I'm sick of Alaska anyway.  

So where exactly is the line that the President can't cross before R's finally decide it's too much?  The argument is basically that the President has ultimate immunity, and can do whatever he wants, he can't be investigated, he can't be indicted, he can't be impeached.  And knowing him he'll game the system and resign the day before he leaves office so Mr. Pence can pardon him for anything anyone may want to come after him for once he's done.  I guess that will be cool too right?

3 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

Samizdat, FTW

4 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Hypothetically:
If Biden gets elected but the republicans gain control of the house, could they impeach him without calling any witnesses? 

Obviously, the answer is yes. The House sets its rules, and the Senate theirs.  If there are specific House rules on drafting and voting on articles of impeachment, the new GOP majority in the House can simply change those rules.