• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The quid pro quo discussion is a red herring. Sondland’s statement and testimony is proof that the President was running a shadow diplomacy operation using his private attorney outside of normal execu

This is no longer something worth arguing about for the time being.  Until the administration puts forth some compelling evidence or allows some witness to testify as to its side of the story, there i

Burr voted it was not constitutional, but after that vote passed, followed McConnell's own argument that Trump was guilty and voted to convict.

Once again, McConnell has shown his true colors. He'll go down in history for being an enabler and coward. Congrats Mitch.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

This is the end of the GOP.

Can confirm that Scott and Rubio out of Florida will never see my vote going forward. Voting against DeSantis as well.

• Laughing 2
50 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

This is the end of the GOP.

I remember you guys saying that in 2006 too.

Whenever a Democrats says "this is the end of the GOP" you can bet that they'll stomp on the next election - just like they did after 2006.

Well that went well.    Hopefully after being knocked out in his first few weeks in office Biden can get America back on track.  Enough of this Trump foolishness that everyone knew was going to end with an acquittal. 

I need to go check the mail and see if my check has shown up yet.  

Lindsey Graham laughing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

22 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I agree.  Once the Dems purge those within their ranks that want revenge and payback and, well, anyone who opposes them, THEN - and only then - can the healing begin.

Healing will come when you purge Trump. 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Healing will come when you purge Trump. 

This is silly.  He hasn't been President for almost a month now.  Have you been living in a cave?

The only reason we're still talking about him is because the left doesn't want to let him go.  :shrug:

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

This is silly.  He hasn't been President for almost a month now.  Have you been living in a cave?

The only reason we're still talking about him is because the left doesn't want to let him go.  :shrug:

Seriously, Trump is on a golf course somewhere but still living rent free in their heads. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

And this is the type of attitude that will ignite civil war.  

Drama queen much? Sheesh.

How long did it take for you to accept the fact that we had a free and fair election?

A week? a month? January 20?

That is where the healing starts my friend. Acknowledging that Trump lied about fraud and rigging in the election. And he’s been lying about it for months.

In my opinion inciting an armed insurrection inside our houses of congress does more to ignite civil war than me being not quite ready to heal.

• Like 1

A little unfinished business with that whole insurrection thing. Republican Senators and Congressman voted to impeach him.

3 minutes ago, dozer said:

How long did it take for you to accept the fact that we had a free and fair election?

That is where the healing starts my friend. Acknowledging that Trump lied about fraud and rigging in the election. And he’s been lying about it for months.

In my opinion inciting an armed insurrection inside our houses of congress does more to ignite civil war than me being not quite ready to heal.

:lmao:  The drama queen comment. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Seriously, Trump is on a golf course somewhere but still living rent free in their heads. 

The 3rd ranking GOP member of the House voted to impeach.

Mitch blamed Trump for the riots saying he fed the mob lies.

Seems like there are some issues to be ironed out.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Not right now, it’s about to storm in West Palm. Of course, there’s debate over whether he can live at Mar a Lago full time, since it’s a seasonal resort.

• Laughing 1
8 minutes ago, dozer said:

Keep pushing for your pound of flesh and see what happens.  The best thing for all parties is to chill out and focus on middle ground issues. The left burned our cities and terrorized for months.  People on the right saw it every night and frustration grew each day as it was called peaceful, romanticized and saw no accountability. January 6th was a seismic reaction to months of activity. Witch hunts and an eye for an eye are the surest way for it to happen again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Keep pushing for your pound of flesh and see what happens.  The best thing for all parties is to chill out and focus on middle ground issues. The left burned our cities and terrorized for months.  People on the right saw it every night and frustration grew each day as it was called peaceful, romanticized and saw no accountability. January 6th was a seismic reaction to months of activity. Witch hunts and an eye for an eye are the surest way for it to happen again. 

2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Jan 6th was called for by a person who lost an election - “Stop the Steal”.

He told these people for months a loss means it was rigged. Then lost, badly, and spread disinformation for months.

This whole thing was about him not accepting a loss. It’s insane.

Just now, The General said:

Jan 6th was called for by a person who lost an election - “Stop the Steal”.

He told these people for months a loss means it was rigged. Then lost, badly, and spread disinformation for months.

This whole thing was about him not accepting a loss. It’s insane.

We knew the GOP wouldn’t convict, they’re all in for Trump, even out of office, and directly experiencing what his incitement caused. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kal El said:

We knew the GOP wouldn’t convict, they’re all in for Trump, even out of office, and directly experiencing what his incitement caused. 

Was unlikely he’d be convicted but Trump has lost enough of the party that he can’t win a general election - he’s far too extreme and unliked - but he could really hose the party over.

They got problems if he sticks around. Seeing as he has gone into hiding maybe he’s done? Who knows.

Edited by The General
33 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

He is still in control of this GOP

9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I guess time to grow the ignore list.  Inciting Civil War and "the left" burned cities? 

And several gloating over here his...odd for sure.

5 minutes ago, The General said:

Was unlikely he’d be convicted but Trump has lost enough of the party that he can’t win a general election - he’s far too extreme and unliked - but he could really hose the party over.

They got problems if he sticks around. Seeing as he has gone into hiding maybe he’s done? Who knows.

Id hope so.

And still not guilty.  :shrug:

Seems like this impeachment was warranted.

3rd ranking GOP House member saying he’s guilty. GOP Senate leader saying he’s to be blamed for feeding lies to the mob, Seven Republican Senators vote to convict.

I’d think conservatives would want Trump to play golf and stay quiet. Could really mess up things for the GOP.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The General said:

Seems like this impeachment was warranted.

3rd ranking GOP House member saying he’s guilty. GOP Senate leader saying he’s to be blamed for feeding lies to the mob, Seven Republican Senators vote to convict.

I’d think conservatives would want Trump to play golf and stay quiet. Could really mess up things for the GOP.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, it's what they do.  And they acquitted - not guilty.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, it's what they do.  And they acquitted - not guilty.

I’d disagree that it doesn’t matter what they say.

Back to what we were talking about though I thought your point was that this impeachment trial should have not happened and it is all the Dems not letting him go or something?

The nation moves on. We’re going to get a lot of stuff done. COVID will be defeated, and we will deal with climate change and infrastructure and, hopefully immigration. Biden is doing a fine job and things look pretty  bright. 

The Republican Party, and conservatives in general, will not move on. They’re in disarray right now, a train wreck, believing in fake news and conspiracy theories and continuing to stay loyal to the worst President in American history. They’re becoming less relevant every minute, every hour, and Donald Trump is stuck in their heads. I think they’ll right the ship eventually but it’s going to be a while. In the meantime the Democrats will have to continue being the grownups for everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

🇺🇸

Proud to be an American when the process works and keeps a party taken over by extremism in check.  

Like rain, on your wedding day.

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The nation moves on. We’re going to get a lot of stuff done. COVID will be defeated, and we will deal with climate change and infrastructure and, hopefully immigration. Biden is doing a fine job and things look pretty  bright. 

The Republican Party, and conservatives in general, will not move on. They’re in disarray right now, a train wreck, believing in fake news and conspiracy theories and continuing to stay loyal to the worst President in American history. They’re becoming less relevant every minute, every hour, and Donald Trump is stuck in their heads. I think they’ll right the ship eventually but it’s going to be a while. In the meantime the Democrats will have to continue being the grownups for everyone. 

I really like sour timschochet.   Now that you've changed.  Please don't change back.