What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

I never mentioned the bolded whatsoever.  

Its funny that you think the place is 99% liberal...or that others have called this place far left.  That is not reality.
Hey tell yourself whatever you need to I guess. Im sure we could find your post proving the bolded but some posters got mad yesterday when an old post was bumped that was a harsh reality. Let’s move along, don’t let the Impeachment ruin your Valentines. Do something nice for your partner and enjoy your day!

Yes. When a poll says 56% of Americans, it’s not limited to only those interested. 
Polls are asking you directly. I some called me today and asked my feelings on trans in sport and I say I am not aware of the topic.  Then they explain a little and then asked are you for or against the topic. You give your answer and you are polled  

When reporters are in the street asking political questions it is much different.  I know you have seen Fallon, Conan, Letterman and Kimmel in the streets talking to people and how unaware people can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it is. When Presidents commit crimes their political party gets punished, often for years. No President has ever committed a bigger crime, at least that we know of, than Donald Trump did on January 6. 
Good.  If that is the case you can relax for the next 4 years.

Polls are asking you directly. I some called me today and asked my feeling on trans in sport and I say I am not aware of the topis.  Then they explain a little and then asked are you for or against the topic. You give your answer and you are polled  

When reporters are in the street asking politcal questions it is much different.  I know you have seen Fallon, Conan, Letterman and Kimmel in the streets talking to people and how unaware people can be.
Some of the Mark DIce videos are priceless, just how oblivious we are to our surroundings.

Polls like this make me suspect you’re at least half shtick because you’re far too smart to live in this sort of fantasy. 
I think it’s probably normal for you guys to get this defensive....when you have a place where everyone(mostly) will tell you that your right that’s going to be what you want to believe is true...not the actual reality. 

Don’t let the Impeachment fail get you down,  hope you enjoy the holiday as well!

I think it’s probably normal for you guys to get this defensive....when you have a place where everyone(mostly) will tell you that your right that’s going to be what you want to believe is true...not the actual reality. 

Don’t let the Impeachment fail get you down,  hope you enjoy the holiday as well!
Impeachment did not fail. And I am fine thanks. Happy Valentine’s Day! 

The republicans suffered for one election after the Nixon impeachment.
True but Jimmy Carter was really awful, plus inflation plus energy crisis plus Iran hostages plus a once in a generation charisma and positive leader in Ronald Reagan. 
Is it possible all of that could happen again? Sure, but it’s unlikely. And hey, if Republicans can produce another Ronald Reagan I’ll be eager to vote for him. 

Polls are asking you directly. I some called me today and asked my feelings on trans in sport and I say I am not aware of the topic.  Then they explain a little and then asked are you for or against the topic. You give your answer and you are polled  

When reporters are in the street asking political questions it is much different.  I know you have seen Fallon, Conan, Letterman and Kimmel in the streets talking to people and how unaware people can be.
This is why polls get accurate numbers and man on the street interviews do not. 

True but Jimmy Carter was really awful, plus inflation plus energy crisis plus Iran hostages plus a once in a generation charisma and positive leader in Ronald Reagan. 
Is it possible all of that could happen again? Sure, but it’s unlikely. And hey, if Republicans can produce another Ronald Reagan I’ll be eager to vote for him. 
I don't remember much about when Carter won the election, but I remember the nation was a mess when Reagan won.  I'll have to read a good history book about the mid-70's.

You keep focusing on the total number of votes Trump got.  Do you think the reason Joe Biden got 81.2M votes was because he's a charismatic dynamo?  Or do you think that was a repudiation of Trump?  And Trump had the advantage of being the incumbent.  The advantage of Republicans voting at a higher percentage.  And he still lost by 7M votes.  It wasn't close.

The best thing that can happen to the Dems is that Trump stays heavily involved in the Republican party.  I'll admit that I would like to see Trump gone.  Not because I'm worried about him winning the election in 2024.  But because I'm worried about him losing the election in 2024 and seeing all kinds of crazy come out of the woodwork again.
ALL of what you said here STILL didn't address the point I was making.  Again, you argued against what basically amounted to a spelling error which was never the point.

Hint: "disarray" was the point.

Hey tell yourself whatever you need to I guess. Im sure we could find your post proving the bolded but some posters got mad yesterday when an old post was bumped that was a harsh reality. Let’s move along, don’t let the Impeachment ruin your Valentines. Do something nice for your partner and enjoy your day!
The post from yesterday was mine. I wasn’t angry, I was amused and a little saddened that anyone would go through all that effort. You could have just asked me what I thought about Governor Cuomo now and I would have repeated my previous post and stood by it. 

Trump got 31% of eligible voters. He's spiking the football over a population increase.

Imagine Jo Jorgensen bragging about getting more votes than Abe Lincoln, and that's about as silly as Trump looks when he brags about his vote total.
Once again, that wasn't the point of my post.  You guys focused on what basically amounted to a spelling error and argued against that.

I know this is what you guys do, but try to stay on point, please.

Im sure you couldn’t...and its a great copout for making baseless accusations about other posters.

I thought you saw, he was was acquitted and we wasted more tax dollars on political theater that had zero chance of ending any other way. At least we can all move on now. 
Then you should have written the conviction failed, as expected, not the impeachment. But it wasn’t a waste of time or money. And it didn’t really fail either. Two thirds majority is a big hurdle and it wasn’t reached, unfortunately. But Trump is stained forever and he’ll never get close to the Presidency or real power outside of the GOP again, and damn is that good for America. Makes my Valentines Day so much sweeter, 

Not guilty. /thread. Move on, learn to live with it.  
The struggle to live with yesterday’s result  is yours, and everyone else who continue to support Trump, or the GOP, or what was once deemed conservatism. 

The rest of us will watch your struggle. It won’t affect us too much, but you have our sympathy. 

Then you should have written the conviction failed, as expected, not the impeachment. But it wasn’t a waste of time or money. And it didn’t really fail either. Two thirds majority is a big hurdle and it wasn’t reached, unfortunately. But Trump is stained forever and he’ll never get close to the Presidency or real power outside of the GOP again, and damn is that good for America. Makes my Valentines Day so much sweeter, 
I stand by my post, it clearly failed and wasted more time/money. 

I stand by my post, it clearly failed and wasted more time/money. 
3rd ranking member of GOP voted to convict. GOP leader in the Senate blasted him. Things change over time but seems likely there would be a serious schism if MAGA tries to make a comeback. 

What was the result again?
He was acquired.

This does not mean it was a waste of time and money - it certainly wasn’t politically.

Trump is isolated. It seems the only reason he wasn’t convicted by the Senate is because he isn’t the president anymore. The arguments being made there are important enough alone. The Pres can do whatever they want it seems if they wait until the last couple weeks of their presidency.

I am glad they finished and that this isn’t dragging on longer. 

It is a shame that the complete lack of evidence did not sway one Democrat to vote their conscience.  
They all voted their conscience based on all the video evidence, etc., which they hardly needed since they personally witnessed what happened after Trump incited the mob to storm the Capitol building. 

It'll do.  Sums things up pretty well for me.  Whole piece is worth a read.

You say that you are disappointed? That a mere rebuke was not enough? That justice was not done? It wasn’t. But now see the world from the other side, through the eyes of those who defend Trump or even want him to run again. Their hope was to dismiss this impeachment as partisan, as founded on fake evidence, as hypocritical and anti-constitutional—to present this verdict as an act of oppression by one half the country against the other. That hope was banished today.

It’s not half against half. It’s a clear American majority—including a sizable part of the Republican Senate caucus—against a minority. And even many of the senators who voted to acquit went on record to condemn Trump as an outlaw and a seditionist.

Does anyone have a full list of Republican Senators who condemned Trump, but voted to acquit?  I believe there are maybe 10 or so, but I'm not finding a good list in one place.

I thought you saw, he was was acquitted and we wasted more tax dollars on political theater that had zero chance of ending any other way. At least we can all move on now. 
You are telling me that you don’t believe it is a worthwhile discussion for Congress to have - a president spreading disinformation to subvert which culminated in a riot at the Capitol the day the new president is to be certified?

He was acquired.

This does not mean it was a waste of time and money - it certainly wasn’t politically.

Trump is isolated. It seems the only reason he wasn’t convicted by the Senate is because he isn’t the president anymore. The arguments being made there are important enough alone. The Pres can do whatever they want it seems if they wait until the last couple weeks of their presidency.

I am glad they finished and that this isn’t dragging on longer. 
Acquitted is the answer. Let’s not add on excuses, it is what everyone knew it would be. 

Republicans put party over country again, and Trump skates again, leaving the people he defrauded in the lurch as always. Trump pulls another Trump U, but this time its in Federal government and his enablers are U.S. senators. I don't know which entity is more reprehensible.

Note to Biden and all future presidents: do whatever you want in the days before you leave. You can’t be convicted because you aren’t prez anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread