What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Pittman, IND (3 Viewers)

With ARob and Montgomery on bye I need to roll out Pittman in my flex this week. I feel great about his future but not so sure this week, just hope he finds a way to get 10+ points in PPR.

How we feeling about him this week? I’m tempted to bench Parker and put him this week but the the 3 targets last week kind of terrify me. What the hell happened there? They put Jiare on him after busting off that 45 yd TD?

I’m expecting Rivers to spread it around, but if the target volume is going to be that volatile it’s gonna be a problem.

How we feeling about him this week? I’m tempted to bench Parker and put him this week but the the 3 targets last week kind of terrify me. What the hell happened there? They put Jiare on him after busting off that 45 yd TD?

I’m expecting Rivers to spread it around, but if the target volume is going to be that volatile it’s gonna be a problem.
Tempted as well.  It’s him or Juju (against the Ravens) for me, so the low volume risk is there for both I guess. 

I am rolling him out.  He had a great game against Tenn two weeks ago and their pass D doesn't scare me.  I think Pittman will get more targets again this week and, as he showed against GB, he can make a big play with the ball in his hands.  

I moved him right before my leagues deadline on Saturday because I am really deep at WR and wanted some draft capital in upcoming rookie draft. I got L Bell, 2nd (early), four 3rds and a 4th but have a little regret because I like his role moving forward.

9 Targets

2 Receptions

Didn't get to watch the game all that much, what is the story? QB off target? Bad routes? Drops?

Last edited by a moderator:
9 Targets

2 Receptions

Didn't get to watch the game all that much, what is the story? QB off target? Bad routes? Drops?
Wondering the same. I didn’t watch the game but one point I was on nfl.com and they had the video of the game playing and I saw Rivers under throw him by like 5-10 yds. Don’t know if Rivers turf toe was the problem and if a lot of the throws were off or just the one I saw amd it was Pittman not making catches. Curious to know

9 Targets

2 Receptions

I had the game on one of my tvs. Pittman was open often with plenty of room to run, but Rivers is so bad that he kept throwing it behind him. Like Pittman would have to stop his route and it was still behind him.  On one play that was across the field, Rivers shot-put on his balloon balls. It was so high in the air that the defender had to time run over to Pittman, wait for the ball, and then he mis-judged the pop fly & dropped it after it landed on his chest.

The second completion was late in the game from Brissett.

Michael Pittman caught 2-of-9 targets for 28 yards in the Colts' Week 12 loss to the Titans. 

It was a disappointing outing for Pittman, who had looked to establish himself as the Colts No. 1 wideout in recent weeks. Instead, T.Y. Hilton led the team in receiving while Pittman led all Colts pass catchers in targets. That Pittman and Rivers struggled to connect against Tennessee shouldn't stop fantasy managers from starting Pittman as a low-end WR2 in Week 13 against the Texans. 

- Rotoworld

Michael Pittman (concussion) entered the league's protocol.

Pittman has underwhelmed since T.Y. Hilton's reemergence, failing to exceed 50 receiving yards or score a touchdown since Week 11, but was still expected to play nearly every down since the Colts have to win (and have some help) to sneak into the Wild Card round. Zach Pascal would step in across from Hilton if Pittman isn't cleared in time for Sunday. The team's mid-week practice reports will tell all.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Dec 28, 2020, 4:03 PM ET

Michael Pittman caught 5-of-11 targets for 91 yards in the Colts' Wild Card Weekend loss to Buffalo, adding one rush for 11 yards. 

Pittman was second among Colts wideouts with a 14 percent target share this season. He was the team's primary offensive weapon for much of the first half against Buffalo, narrowly missing a diving touchdown grab in the first quarter. For a while in the season's first couple months, Pittman looked like Indy's top wideout. T.Y. Hilton slowly emerged as the No. 1 receiver, however, relegating Pittman to WR3/4 status in fantasy. At 6'4" and 223 pounds with 4.52 speed, Pittman will look to take a second-year leap in 2021, possibly with unrestricted free agent Hilton gone. Pittman could shape up as a value pick in best ball leagues this spring and summer. 

Jan 9, 2021, 6:49 PM ET

I like him, but don't love him.  Campbell should be back this year and I also believe he is pretty good.  I still think the Colts need a true alpha WR #1.  Hilton isn't it any longer and in my mind never was.  Rashod Bateman anyone?
Agree - Colts need upgrade at wideout.  

I've sold him in a couple spots bought him in a couple others. I liked what I saw from him last year. I have absolutely no idea what to make of Wentz but it seems the Reich marriage is probably the right way to go. With Taylor presumably commanding 8 man boxes, maybe their passing game can thrive, and with Pittman at the front of it. Even if they do draft a true alpha. I'm a strong believer in 2nd year WR breakouts so I am a little surprised there isn't more talk about him. Some people think this is a sell high moment while others think it is a good buy low. Like me. But there is definitely a strong FF market for him right now, but I have found a number of people that really want to hold and see.

10 crucial fantasy football developments from opening week of NFL training camps

Except:

Michael Pittman’s breakout buzz

Regardless of what you think about Michael Pittman as a player (I’m on the positive side), one thing has been clear all along: The Colts are absolutely counting on him to be a breakout player.

The Colts made no significant additions to their pass-catching corps after 2020. In order for this receiver room to not be a significant stumbling block as the team looks to rehab Carson Wentz, some of the in-house talents will have to outkick industry expectations. The logical choice here is Pittman, the lone player who profiles as No. 1 X-receiver.

Zak Keefer @zkeefer

There's a belief in the building — and it starts with Chris Ballard — that Michael Pittman Jr. could be ready to break out. "That’s the pressure I’ve been looking for," the Colts' second-year receiver says. "I want to be that guy."

Pittman’s usage was inconsistent amid an injury-plagued rookie season but it’s also worth noting a player of his skillset is antithetical to a quarterback like Philip Rivers was. I’d confidently bet Pittman’s air yards per target mark significant jumps from his 8.6 of 2020.

With an ADP outside the top-40 receivers, Pittman is a screaming value. All the risk that Wentz just isn’t good is baked into his ADP — but the upside that he could become a fantasy WR2 if he garners 110-plus targets is not.

Really like his potential this year to become the focal point of the passing game, even with Hilton there. And now with T.Y. out for awhile, opportunity is knocking.

Per Matt harmon's reception perception Pittman doesn't have elite advanced metrics, so you worry about him being able to beat man coverage as a WR1 on a consistent basis.  He strikes me as a good, but not exceptional talent.   

That being said, he can put up WR2 numbers due to pure volume in this offense if he can ever get consistent QB play.  

I currently have him as a solid value at current ADP.

Really like his potential this year to become the focal point of the passing game, even with Hilton there. And now with T.Y. out for awhile, opportunity is knocking.
I think Hilton was done as the focal point injury or not.  That was evident last year.

Per Matt harmon's reception perception Pittman doesn't have elite advanced metrics, so you worry about him being able to beat man coverage as a WR1 on a consistent basis.  He strikes me as a good, but not exceptional talent. 
 A little surprised to see that. Everything I’ve seen of him at USC, and from fantasy writers seems to indicate an exceptional talent.

His ability to win single coverage matchups has always impressed me. He runs clean routes.

And he’s 6’4”, 225 & runs a 4.5 40.

That all adds up to elite/exceptional to me. 

What was Harmon down on, specifically? 

A little surprised to see that. Everything I’ve seen of him at USC, and from fantasy writers seems to indicate an exceptional talent.

His ability to win single coverage matchups has always impressed me. He runs clean routes.

And he’s 6’4”, 225 & runs a 4.5 40.

That all adds up to elite/exceptional to me. 

What was Harmon down on, specifically? 

separation stats are just okay, non-elite press coverage beat stats

I like his yards after catch from what I saw last year.
He gets good grades for YAC and and contested catches...without going back and looking.  

He's a good receiver I just think he'll have a hard time reaching elite status because he doesn't get separation and beat coverage like Tyreek/Diggs/DK/Davante etc. etc.   

He's a good receiver I just think he'll have a hard time reaching elite status because he doesn't get separation and beat coverage like Tyreek/Diggs/DK/Davante etc. etc.   
that could be true, but at 6’4” and with the ability to win contested balls, doesn’t that somewhat negate the need for separation? 

With his size/speed combo he’s a mismatch against most DBs. So long as his QB can elevate he should be fine. 

I’ve seen him using his frame to box out DBs in tight coverage as well.

not saying Harmon is wrong, just that the negatives may not be as relevant to Pittman’s overall chances of success. 

I see a future WR1. This year a lot depends on Wentz. 

Matt Harmon

@MattHarmon_BYB

Don't think Michael Pittman is getting enough attention as a possible breakout candidate. With a 71.6% success rate vs. man coverage in #ReceptionPerception he's in some good company and ranked 5th among 2020 rookie WRs. I'm buying.

Couple things on success rate.

1) Pittman not lined up against elite corners as often as the elite WRs which inflates success rate.

2) 71.6 is good but not great, which is what I've  stated...Diggs for example is in the 90s.

Matt Harmon

@MattHarmon_BYB

Don't think Michael Pittman is getting enough attention as a possible breakout candidate. 

I'm not sure how Matt is defining breakout, but as I stated earlier in this thread I think he has WR2 upside if he gets the volume.  I don't see him as a WR1 due to reasons previously stated.  He lacks some of the elite metrics you'd like to see.

Users who are viewing this thread