What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (4 Viewers)

Let's see how it goes on Monday.  I'm sure we'll get to two a days eventually which means Free Plays rolls will switch from every five to every six rounds.

I'm also OK w/ the 12 hour time window.  Please skip me if I come up in the AM because I'm on West Coast hours.
I'm not gonna keep it moving along. It's exhausting and frustrating as krista said. Why not make it easy for everyone.

Sorry. I'm not good at reading the room. I thought people wanted to keep draft order before.
If we were voting on it, which we're not, I'm with simey on this.  There have been several people stepping in to keep things moving (I've done a little this time but much less), but I'd prefer they didn't have to in this one where we've had so many skips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skip me in the morning too. I’m also on west coast time, plus I can’t decide which song I’m going to pick. 

Skip me in the morning too. I’m also on west coast time, plus I can’t decide which song I’m going to pick. 
We have a similar problem.  Since Mr R works from 4PM until 3 or 4AM, we keep very odd hours.  It probably explains my affinity for Dracula.

Let's catch up with our air drumming jukebox.  Aaaaaaand, you all knew it was coming:

8.11:  The Spirit of Radio, Rush (1980)

Best drummer of all time.

9.15:  Tom Sawyer, Rush (1981) (and I'll even take the cool B Side: Witch Hunt)

Again, best drummer of all time.

10.11:  La Villa Strangiato, Rush (1978)

Again again, best drummer of all time, doing the hardest to play rock song of all time.

Let's catch up with our air drumming jukebox.  Aaaaaaand, you all knew it was coming:

8.11:  The Spirit of Radio, Rush (1980)

Best drummer of all time.

9.15:  Tom Sawyer, Rush (1981) (and I'll even take the cool B Side: Witch Hunt)

Again, best drummer of all time.

10.11:  La Villa Strangiato, Rush (1978)

Again again, best drummer of all time, doing the hardest to play rock song of all time.
I think you’ve just driven more than half the draft out of your bar. 

Man am I dragging today, only got like 3 hours of sleep. Been without power for 18 hours and not expecting it fixed for at least another 12. Only came to work because of 1) AC(86 and humid today),2) brought a cooler full of stuff to put in fridge here so it doesn't go bad, 3) keep phone charged without burning gas, 4) need to listen to something besides my wife and the neighbors generator.

I think @Yo Mamasaid to skip this morning so let me grab this one..

Gonna zig to another fave, finally got a chance to see the Boss at the Meadowlands on the River tour and he did not disappoint, breaking a new concert length record in what seemed like every night of that tour, he came on at 8 and was still playing at midnight... I was a fan before that show, but it certainly kicked it up a notch for me... incredible...

Pick 12 - Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) - Bruce Springsteen - 1973 (from The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle)

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Follow along on Spotify

MPH - JUKEBOX - 52Girls

I think @Yo Mamasaid to skip this morning so let me grab this one..

Gonna zig to another fave, finally got a chance to see the Boss at the Meadowlands on the River tour and he did not disappoint, breaking a new concert length record in what seemed like every night of that tour, he came on at 8 and was still playing at midnight... I was a fan before that show, but it certainly kicked it up a notch for me... incredible...

Pick 12 - Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) - Bruce Springsteen - 1973 (from The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle)

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Follow along on Spotify

MPH - JUKEBOX - 52Girls
Whenever Rosalita comes on the shuffle I immediately hit stop, go find Incident on 57th St, listen to it, then go back into Rosalita. And whenever Incident comes on I go seek out Rosalita and have it teed up immediately after.

perfect 15 minutes of music.

Early Rock and Roll Roots

Rd 11: The Way I Walk by Jack Scott (1959)

B side: Midgie

A common theme that runs through Detroit music is the emigration of people from the South moving North to Detroit. Jack Scott did the same. At age 10, his family came north from Windsor, Ontario to the Detroit suburb of Hazel Park. Canada isn't Arkansas or Tennessee but despite his Italian roots (born Giovanni Domenico Scafone), he was raised on the music of Arkansas and Tennessee- country, western, bluegrass. After hearing Elvis, he pursued his own rock-a-billy career and first hit big getting his record played bu the hip Detroit DJ Mickey Shorr. He quickly was signed to a large New York contract and  for a brief moment, he was a very big star on par with Roy Orbison or Johnny Cash. He had 9 Top 40 hits over a 26 month stretch. However, unlike Little Wille John and others mentioned before, Jack Scott didn't care for touring, partying or publicity. He spent most of his time at home raising his family. His star quickly faded but he is undoubtedly, the first Detroit rock star. He passed away quietly this past December at the age of 83.

A common theme that runs through Detroit music is the emigration of people from the South moving North to Detroit. Jack Scott did the same. At age 10, his family came north from Windsor, Ontario to the Detroit suburb of Hazel Park. Canada isn't Arkansas or Tennessee but despite his Italian roots (born Giovanni Domenico Scafone), he was raised on the music of Arkansas and Tennessee- country, western, bluegrass. After hearing Elvis, he pursued his own rock-a-billy career and first hit big getting his record played bu the hip Detroit DJ Mickey Shorr. He quickly was signed to a large New York contract and  for a brief moment, he was a very big star on par with Roy Orbison or Johnny Cash. He had 9 Top 40 hits over a 26 month stretch. However, unlike Little Wille John and others mentioned before, Jack Scott didn't care for touring, partying or publicity. He spent most of his time at home raising his family. His star quickly faded but he is undoubtedly, the first Detroit rock star. He passed away quietly this past December at the age of 83.
Is that the same Mickey Shorr from the car audio business?

Last edited by a moderator:

you say he passed away quietly but, unless you have evidence to the contrary, i'm going to imagine he saved one last EE-OO-EE-OO-EE-OO-EE-OO-EE-OO-WAH for the end

Lots of directions I could go here, but the a-side/b-side for this one tips the scales for this choice. Plus, I don’t have many other great selections for this year. Yo Mama selects:

12.03 - Mos Def - Mathematics (1999)

This song was the b-side, and I’ll also be taking the a-side Ms. Fat Booty

So I get a great song pointing out societal issues and inconsistencies based on race, and I get . . . booty. 

I’m pretty sure this was a major snipe for me in the Back to School draft a while back (not sure why I remember these kinds of things), so I’m happy to get it here. 

Someone put Where Did You Sleep Last Night by Nirvana as my 12th round pick. Looks like my MOs Def pick is listed as mphtrilogy’s

Has anyone seen The Morning Show on Apple TV?  I've watched four episodes (out of 10) so far, and I like it. My sister is out of town with her family, and I am feeding her cats while she is gone. Her son put the Apple TV App on her TV since he has been home from college. I don't have Apple TV, so I've been watching this show over at her house. I'll watch another episode later today.

Users who are viewing this thread