What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (6 Viewers)

OK, free play sequence activated

Top seven years including ties brings the number of contenders up to nine

1970    18
1976    17
1977    17
1972    16
1982    15
1971    14
1973    14
1975    14
1979    14

I think I deleted all the good 73s off of my Excel sheet.

Dang, huh?

That would have been a very useful year if I hadn't jumped the gun on it. 

I think I deleted all the good 73s off of my Excel sheet.

Dang, huh?

That would have been a very useful year if I hadn't jumped the gun on it. 
i just clicked on one that would fit your shtick. didn't even know what the cover was. maybe just the intro was covered. i dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in denial for at least a dozen or so rounds. There is one particular cover from 2018 I badly want for my jukebox, but over this?

Round 28 Aretha Franklin - RESPECT (1967)

I can't. I just can't. Otis may have nailed the original, but Aretha's cover has spanned generations and he just can't compete with that. He admitted as much at Monterrey. And that's why I had to move my 50 year window to 67-16. 

27. Mtume - Juicy Fruit

It was all a dream, I used to read...kinda worried this would be taken by the sample guys and having a hard time finding anything else for 83

who knew early 80s songs were so blatant with their euphemisms.
I'll take what @Eephus said the other day one step further, mid 80's music is a black hole of suck. 

28.xx You've Never Been This Far Before, Conway Twitty (1973)

Since @Raging weasel irritated the crap out of me with his snipe, i''ll use the bonus pick to irritate the crap out of myself. Even though one of my favorite country songs came from 1973 and is available. I'm gonna take one of the stoopitest songs of all time. Honest to god, everybody was ####in everything that moved and some things that didn't in 1973, so country music's most skunkescent hair helmet decides to shock us with the perils of getting to 2nd base. Since i'm writing a horror comedy to this soundtrack, i should have a couple splinters, irritants to give me tetanus of the mind now & then. done -

I'll take what @Eephus said the other day one step further, mid 80's music is a black hole of suck. 
It was kind of a weird period where videos became more important than the music and a bunch of established acts made questionable career turns.  But there were a lot of new bands breaking on "Rock of the 80s/Modern Rock" radio and there was still more of a Pop music monoculture than at any time since.

I am surprised it was so thin for Springsteen-influenced music.  The Boss was a huge star but there weren't many acts that were following in his footsteps.

Jumping on the ‘73 free play train - excellent job by the dice again btw. It’s about time I get some reggae in the box. Yo Mama selects:

28.03 - Bob Marley & the Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up (1973)

b-side is Slave Driver

Lots of great BM&tW options in ‘73 (2 album releases that year), but I’m going with a classic. This was typically the last song played at concerts and was actually the last song Marley ever played on stage. 

@KarmaPolice would hate this song if he ever came back to this draft. 

I've been in denial for at least a dozen or so rounds. There is one particular cover from 2018 I badly want for my jukebox, but over this?

Round 28 Aretha Franklin - RESPECT (1967)

I can't. I just can't. Otis may have nailed the original, but Aretha's cover has spanned generations and he just can't compete with that. He admitted as much at Monterrey. And that's why I had to move my 50 year window to 67-16. 
I was talking myself into this qualifying as a protest song and was going to try to grab this. 

Users who are viewing this thread