What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (7 Viewers)

He's an absolutely freak of nature but I don't think you can win built around him. He's passive when game's on the line (afraid to get fouled and have to go to foul line to decide a game)
Very hard to build an NBA Finals winner in any small market team regardless of individual talent.

Giannis has flaws, but he has another decade+ in the league probably. Lebron hadn't won a title at this age either. Just think this is too harsh a take. :2cents:

I know you don't want to do it for the bulk of the game, but at some point down the stretch while Durant is scorching you for around 50, you don't think to put giannis on him for a few possessions? I guess they needed to be sure Harris didn't beat them. 🙄

You just know Durant was thinking about not being All-NBA while he dropped 49 on the Bucks.  He didn't play enough games but the greats love to have that chip on their shoulder.

Ima just throw this out there

Reggie Miller

@ReggieMillerTNT

I’m just going to throw this out there to see what the responses will be.. If your Steve Nash and the Nets, would you sit James Harden AND Kevin Durant in Game 6 because of the heavy minutes tonight, and push all your chips to the center of table for Game 7??

10:15 PM · Jun 15, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

I know you don't want to do it for the bulk of the game, but at some point down the stretch while Durant is scorching you for around 50, you don't think to put giannis on him for a few possessions? I guess they needed to be sure Harris didn't beat them. 🙄
I swear, it's amazing how dumb coaches can be sometimes.  With no Irving and Harden basically useless as a scorer, how in the world is your game plan not "make everyone but Kevin Durant beat us?" 

Barkley is the one to blame here.

At halftime he said "the Bucks are going to win the world championship."

💋☠️
Charles is awesome, but he is atrocious when it comes to predictions and bold proclamations. 

Oh man…

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Phoenix Suns All-NBA guard Chris Paul has entered COVID-19 health and safety protocols and is sidelined for an indefinite period of time, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

7:38 AM · Jun 16, 2021

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Kawhi Leonard is expected to miss Game 5 against the Jazz tonight with a knee injury suffered in game 4, sources tell @ramonashelburne & me. His status for rest of series is in doubt as well.

8:08 AM · Jun 16, 2021

I swear, it's amazing how dumb coaches can be sometimes.  With no Irving and Harden basically useless as a scorer, how in the world is your game plan not "make everyone but Kevin Durant beat us?" 
This.

You needed to double that dude immediately every time he touched the ball in the 4th.  Force him to give it up and make one of those other clowns beat you.

How can you and I and literally everyone else know that, but not Bud?  :rant:

This. 

He's an absolutely freak of nature but I don't think you can win built around him. He's passive when game's on the line (afraid to get fouled and have to go to foul line to decide a game)
He's never developed any skills.  None.  No reliable jumper, no handles, no go-to move.

He was constantly posting up on the right block, and he refused to drop step and finish with his left hand.  I'm a middle-aged marathon runner, and even I've got a little left-handed jump hook in my bag.  How can he not??

Last edited by a moderator:
CP3 will be isolated and back on time for the conference finals guaranteed. Especially if Utah-LA goes 7 games. 

Oh man…

Phoenix Suns All-NBA guard Chris Paul has entered COVID-19 health and safety protocols and is sidelined for an indefinite period of time, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

7:38 AM · Jun 16, 2021

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Kawhi Leonard is expected to miss Game 5 against the Jazz tonight with a knee injury suffered in game 4, sources tell @ramonashelburne & me. His status for rest of series is in doubt as well.

8:08 AM · Jun 16, 2021
Suns have a few days, but they will need CP3 to beat either LA or Utah in a series.  They can get a game or two without him, but no way they can win a series.

Without Kawhi, LA can't win another game.

How do you know he wasn't vaccinated
The "indefinite" protocol status makes it suspected to me.  There is a different protocol if you are vaccinated.  Like LeBron attended something that was in violation, but the event required testing and/or vaccination evidence, so there was no protocol.  

I'm still dumbfounded about the Bucks right now.  They should have had that game in the bag at halftime, but goofed around and left it within range.  I went for a walk and by the time I came back, the Nets were up by 1.

You could see the way they were hanging around that a run by Durant was possible to steal the game.  Sure enough, they didn't put their foot on the Nets neck and lost the game.  Lack of energy on defense, no urgency on offense and just giving away possessions with outside shots when there were severe size mismatches with Lopez or Giannis on almost every possession.

If you can't figure out a way to attack the Nets defense for consistent buckets with the starting lineup that Milwaukee has, you do not deserve a head coaching job in the NBA.  That was some Brett Brown like coaching last night.

I'm still dumbfounded about the Bucks right now.  They should have had that game in the bag at halftime, but goofed around and left it within range.  I went for a walk and by the time I came back, the Nets were up by 1.

You could see the way they were hanging around that a run by Durant was possible to steal the game.  Sure enough, they didn't put their foot on the Nets neck and lost the game.  Lack of energy on defense, no urgency on offense and just giving away possessions with outside shots when there were severe size mismatches with Lopez or Giannis on almost every possession.

If you can't figure out a way to attack the Nets defense for consistent buckets with the starting lineup that Milwaukee has, you do not deserve a head coaching job in the NBA.  That was some Brett Brown like coaching last night.
Amen to all of this.  They get nervous, and they resort to the iso BS that never worked for them in the past.  And Bud just stands there with a confused look on his face and lets them do it.

Per CDC, you don't have to isolate even if exposed once you are fully vaccinated, unless you are showing symptoms. I haven't seen anything either way on whether CP3 had symptoms or not
Shams tweeted that “Depending on the medical circumstance, an isolation period could be shorter for a vaccinated individual.”. So there must be an isolation requirement in some circumstances even if you are vaccinated. 

Shams tweeted that “Depending on the medical circumstance, an isolation period could be shorter for a vaccinated individual.”. So there must be an isolation requirement in some circumstances even if you are vaccinated. 
Yeah, depending on if was just an exposure vs. actually testing positive himself. Greenie just said on his show that they don't even know if he has tested positive or was just exposed. All they know is that he has entered the protocol.

Clippers forward Kawhi Leonard suffered a right knee sprain and is out indefinitely.

10:03 AM · Jun 16, 2021·

As Ive posted before I go back to the old Nets swamp days and tho I root for them I was always a little cold on the "super team" - however the grit Harden showed by playing 40+ min on an obviously beat up hammy and KD at another level just carried the team like the old Kidd days....they sold me....what a performance....I just hope they find a way to win this series so its not a footnote.  

i hear Anteaternintendo never stepped in KD's path for a single play last nite. shades of Duncan-Shaq. that's on him. Bud for not forcing him, but that's on him, GOTPOAT - greatest one-trick pony of all time

i hear Anteaternintendo never stepped in KD's path for a single play last nite. shades of Duncan-Shaq. that's on him. Bud for not forcing him, but that's on him, GOTPOAT - greatest one-trick pony of all time
Wouldn't have made a difference.  He would've cooked Giannis, too.  Bud's refusal to double-team KD when he was playing like that in the 4Q is a fireable offense, IMHO.

they need a true point guard to lead the offense and get things on track.

Holiday is great and all, but he's not a classic PG. feels like they could even have what everyone considers a not great player at PG and get better results. someone has to orchestrate the offense with a deeper understanding of basketball than just "we shoot ball".
Regardless, (a) they should've been running the offense through either Jrue or Middy in the fourth quarter, and (b) you're never gonna win a championship when you can't give the ball to your best player with the game on the line because he's too much of a mental midget to make a free throw.

Great news for the Wiz!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Washington and coach Scott Brooks couldn't come to an agreement on a new deal and are agreeing to part ways, sources tell ESPN. Brooks' deal expired after the playoffs.

10:26 AM · Jun 16, 2021·

they need a true point guard to lead the offense and get things on track.

Holiday is great and all, but he's not a classic PG. feels like they could even have what everyone considers a not great player at PG and get better results. someone has to orchestrate the offense with a deeper understanding of basketball than just "we shoot ball".
until one can establish that Anteaternintendo can be told what to do, real PGs are superfluous, if not jusplain in the way. that was the reason for Jrue in the 1st place - a non-ball-dominant point so the Freak could rule the world from the top of half-court. in one series Giannis has proved that he wont trash a disastrous FT regimen, play the post or guard the other team's big. that's where 95% of the fixing lives

maybe i'm crazy, but perhaps it's finally time to let Brooks and Van Gundy ride off in to the sunset in favor of younger assistants who should be given a chance?
my sense is that the days of white guys telling ballers anything are coming to a close and, if that sweeps the tired-and-true guys out of the game, i'm all for it

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread