What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (14 Viewers)

That's a blanket statement and untrue.  There are shredded ACL's where you get up and it buckles on you.  Definitely not all the same.  I also don't get the walking being a BAD sign, at all.
Yes I guess it depends on the severity.  I've just seen a lot of ACL tears and seen people walk totally fine on them without a limp and then the doc tells them it's torn.

Time will tell.  I hope I'm wrong though.

Yes I guess it depends on the severity.  I've just seen a lot of ACL tears and seen people walk totally fine on them without a limp and then the doc tells them it's torn.

Time will tell.  I hope I'm wrong though.
I remember Edgerrian James doing that several years ago when he was in his prime. i kept on saying he was fine because he walked off the field without a limp. Yeah, I didn't work out well.

Being able to walk on it is actually a BAD sign.  You can easily walk on a torn acl and often without a limp.   More so than if it's hyperextended or bruised which would cause you to limp even more.

I think it's an ACL.
humans to animals here, but my dog recently tore her right rear CCL and she absolutely cannot walk on it "easily" or "without a limp".

she put no pressure on it whenever possible for about 6 weeks and still gingerly sets it down. when she walks her gait is noticeably affected.

some people are able to function on a torn ACL but i'd hardly say "easily".  one of my friends tore his tossing garbage and he thought he'd tough it out. but the knee kept caving in and he just couldn't tolerate the pain. so.. i dunno about "easily". 

i've heard stories of NFL linemen doing it, but it may be slightly easier with knee braces, Toradol, HGH and whatever else they're plugged full of to ignore it.

running, jumping and landing would seem to be somewhat problematic with a torn ACL.

humans to animals here, but my dog recently tore her right rear CCL and she absolutely cannot walk on it "easily" or "without a limp".

she put no pressure on it whenever possible for about 6 weeks and still gingerly sets it down. when she walks her gait is noticeably affected.

some people are able to function on a torn ACL but i'd hardly say "easily".  one of my friends tore his tossing garbage and he thought he'd tough it out. but the knee kept caving in and he just couldn't tolerate the pain. so.. i dunno about "easily". 

i've heard stories of NFL linemen doing it, but it may be slightly easier with knee braces, Toradol, HGH and whatever else they're plugged full of to ignore it.

running, jumping and landing would seem to be somewhat problematic with a torn ACL.
Yes it's more the side to side movements.  Getting jumped on for the "easily" word so I'll rephrase.  In many many cases, having a torn ACL doesn't affect your ability to walk straight as much as a hyper-extension or even a bruise.  Everyone is different, but the ability to walk straight without a limp can often mean the tendon has just completely ruptured.

I remember when I tore my ACL in '97 I played soccer on it for a month before I got it checked and fixed. I would run and play a half and if I stepped wrong it would buckle, cause an intense amount of pain, but I'd be fine and it would feel fine after about a half an hour. 

Finally got it fixed. 

Not sure how many of you basketball nerds are also soccer nerds but the way Giannis' knee buckled was eerily similar to the injury to the Ukrainian player had in the Euro match yesterday.  Granted, his was directly cause by a dude's cleats in to his leg but both were ugly to view.

can your dog suit up for the bucks

hmm, i had my dog tear both her ACLs on her hind legs and that was when we had to get her surgery. She tore her first one 1-2 months before that. We only got one ACL repaired and she has been fine since that with the other one still torn. can't jump as high, but definitely shows it can be different for some

hmm, i had my dog tear both her ACLs on her hind legs and that was when we had to get her surgery. She tore her first one 1-2 months before that. We only got one ACL repaired and she has been fine since that with the other one still torn. can't jump as high, but definitely shows it can be different for some
dogs are the wurst

Reminds me about how it felt the times Marcus Lattimore's knee got blown out. Ruined the chances at a title and the second time you just knew it was going to be over...

I don't think it is over for Giannis, but not sure the Bucks are going to get a better crack at it than this was.
Giannis can always win a title later on by joining a superteam.

To change the subject, Simmons and Rusillo did a draft of which duo on each team would you want, just for next year, not counting salaries or anything. It went until each team had someone chosen. Results:

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

20. Towns & Edwards (should be #16 IMO)

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

25. Siakam & Van Vleet (Lowry ineligible as a pick due to FA)

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

27. Garland & Jarrett Allen

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

34. Murray & Keldon Johnson

Think of your ACL as a rubber band.  Rubber bands can still work well enough with slight tears, right?  It's the degree of the tear that really matters.  When some athletes seem to be fine or play through it -- like "Superman" Tiger Woods in 08 -- those weren't severe tears imo.  No way he does that with a shredded ACL (even though he LOVES for the world to think as much).

But people tend to group all ACL tears as the same or similar, when they simply aren't.

I'm totally guessing that this one isn't season-ending because it wasn't lateral is all.  However Draftkings won't let me speculate as such.  The series line is down until more comes out of The Valley.  Oh wait, I mean MLK, sorry, the ones in blue.

To change the subject, Simmons and Rusillo did a draft of which duo on each team would you want, just for next year, not counting salaries or anything. It went until each team had someone chosen. Results:

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

Devin Booker is missing??

First if was Aaron Rodgers's calf in 2016 (and now his bruised lady parts).  Then it was Yelich busting his kneecap when Brewers were contending in 2019.  And now Giannis.

Next I fully expect a rash of injuries to a few of the Brewers' lights-out pitchers.  

We're seriously cursed as Wisconsin sports fans.  What the actual eff.
I’d gladly take WI sports history over Atlanta’s. 

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

Total crap. Cade and Grant for the Piatona are top 10. 

metoo said:
Now imagine a world where you fought against racism. Nothing I hate more than when the majority calls out the minority and they haven't done any work. If you had done any work, this wouldn't bother you.

Go work on yourself.
Robert Horry says Phil Jackson isn't racist.

Horry later reiterated, “And I don’t think Phil is racist. I really don’t."

Horry, on the other hand, said he’s giving Pippen a “pass” for his remarks. 

“I’m not going to judge the man, because right now, he might not be in a good place mentally,” Horry said, noting the loss of Pippen’s 33-year-old son Antron, who died in April.

link

I remember when I tore my ACL in '97 I played soccer on it for a month before I got it checked and fixed. I would run and play a half and if I stepped wrong it would buckle, cause an intense amount of pain, but I'd be fine and it would feel fine after about a half an hour. 

Finally got it fixed. 
Same for me

“I’m not going to judge the man, because right now, he might not be in a good place mentally,” Horry said, noting the loss of Pippen’s 33-year-old son Antron, who died in April.

link
Didn't realize Pippen lost a son recently, that colors things a bit differently IMO.

link
i am a huge Pippen fan, but one of his reasons for Phil being racist was he drew up a game winning play for Kukoc instead of him. Phil, you monster!!! 

link
when DP asked Pippen about his new booze line he responded in a way that made it seem like he's deep, deep in the bottle.

it was kind of sad and revealing in a way i don't think he intended.

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

I'm sure it's just an oversight on my part but where is Red Rocket Velvet & Okungwu?

CP3 even now is substantially better than Ayton. 
He was this season, but the gap isn't that great and is closing quickly.  Ayton is playing consistently good to great basketball these playoffs and CP3 has been both great and bad.  Plus Paul missed a couple of games and had to play hurt for a couple.  Chris Paul the basketball mind is light years ahead of Ayton, but Chris Paul the athlete is on a steep decline.  As Ayton's acumen and IQ increase and Paul's physical abilities and health decrease, Ayton will pass him up sooner rather than later.

I'd be very surprised if 37 yr old CP3 outplays Ayton next season.

Pretty much the best case scenario!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

There is no structural damage to Giannis Antetokounmpo's left knee after his awkward landing last night in Atlanta; ligaments are sound, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me. Timetable to return is unclear.

3:12 PM · Jun 30, 2021

Pretty much the best case scenario!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

There is no structural damage to Giannis Antetokounmpo's left knee after his awkward landing last night in Atlanta; ligaments are sound, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me. Timetable to return is unclear.

3:12 PM · Jun 30, 2021
:confetti:

Dr. Jayrod's online medical diagnosis practice is now open for business.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was this season, but the gap isn't that great and is closing quickly.  Ayton is playing consistently good to great basketball these playoffs and CP3 has been both great and bad.  Plus Paul missed a couple of games and had to play hurt for a couple.  Chris Paul the basketball mind is light years ahead of Ayton, but Chris Paul the athlete is on a steep decline.  As Ayton's acumen and IQ increase and Paul's physical abilities and health decrease, Ayton will pass him up sooner rather than later.

I'd be very surprised if 37 yr old CP3 outplays Ayton next season.
Paul was second team all NBA this year. The gap is bigger than you are giving it credit for.  

Users who are viewing this thread