What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020? (11 Viewers)

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?

• I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 65 13.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 269 56.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the ou

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a re

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impac

Votes: 18 3.8%

• Total voters
What's more reasonable. Trump who lost the popular vote in 2016 by 3 million, was below 50% popularly his entire presidency, was denied a 10 million more votes win over Biden because of massive voter fraud in multiple states. Or states know as part of what was called the Blue Wall returned to the Blue Wall. Arizona following other western states forming a second Blue Wall in the west.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Powell's error-filled document,
Sheesh

Sidney Powell's wild and reckless allegations are not only demonstrably false, they have led to stalking, harassment, and death threats to Dominion employees. This criminal activity has been duly reported to the appropriate law enforcement agencies, and we intend to hold Ms. Powell, and those aiding and abetting her fraudulent actions, accountable for any harm that may occur as a result.
Good. 

Speaking of Sidney Powell...

Georgia Republican Official Named as Plaintiff by Sidney Powell Never Agreed to Take Part in Lawsuit

Pretty strong statement, with this as a capstone - 

Sidney Powell's wild and reckless allegations are not only demonstrably false, they have led to stalking, harassment, and death threats to Dominion employees. This criminal activity has been duly reported to the appropriate law enforcement agencies, and we intend to hold Ms. Powell, and those aiding and abetting her fraudulent actions, accountable for any harm that may occur as a result.

Pretty strong statement, with this as a capstone - 

Was just adding that part to my post. 

More winning in PA today

:thumbup:          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En2QdKkXYAIisrq?format=png&name=large
                  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En2QrjYXcAI9ut_?format=jpg&name=medium

ETA- Bibas is a Trump appointee. The other two judges on the panel are Bush picks.
"Calling an election unfair does not make it so," the opinion read. "Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/27/trump-loses-appeal-of-pennsylvania-election-case.html

:confused:  Didn't most everyone here dismiss her from the start?

Who are these "people" who claimed she was the "Terminator"?
I"m not speaking specifically on people here as there doesnt seem to be many in league with the idea of pushing this "election fraud" mantra as far as the administration has.....but if you peruse the bigger Right Wing websites; Powell was described as a relentless, no nonsense, unyielding lawyer. I'm assuming some of that had to do with her involvement in the Charga trial 40+ years ago....but she didn't really start to become a darling of the Right until her involvement in Flynn's case in 2019.

Anecdotally, from several Trump leaning friends....they saw her as the one who was going to end this nonsense that got Biden unjustly elected.  So far, she hasn't lived up to her hype.  

I"m not speaking specifically on people here as there doesnt seem to be many in league with the idea of pushing this "election fraud" mantra as far as the administration has.....but if you peruse the bigger Right Wing websites; Powell was described as relentless, no nonsense, unyielding lawyer. I'm assuming some of that had to do with her involvement in the Charga trial 40+ years ago....but she didn't really start to become a darling of the Right until her involvement in Flynn's case in 2019.

Anecdotally, from several Trump leaning friends....they saw her as the one who was going to end this nonsense that got Biden unjustly elected.  So far, she hasn't lived up to her hype.  
There were a few touting her reputation here as well.  Those that would be inclined to believe there was fraud in the election.

I"m not speaking specifically on people here as there doesnt seem to be many in league with the idea of pushing this "election fraud" mantra as far as the administration has.....but if you peruse the bigger Right Wing websites; Powell was described as a relentless, no nonsense, unyielding lawyer. I'm assuming some of that had to do with her involvement in the Charga trial 40+ years ago....but she didn't really start to become a darling of the Right until her involvement in Flynn's case in 2019.

I didn't see any of that. But I admittedly don't spend much time on bigger right wing websites. 

Definitely didn't see anything significant here. Saw way more laughing at her from the start. Although I'm sure it wasn't unanimous. Just seemed like an odd thing to victory lap.

I didn't see any of that. But I admittedly don't spend much time on bigger right wing websites. 

Definitely didn't see anything significant here. Saw way more laughing at her from the start. Although I'm sure it wasn't unanimous. Just seemed like an odd thing to victory lap.
It seems like even YOU have a hard time fitting into your own Political forum.  And you're reasonable and level-headed.

Can't be a victory lap until the thing is over.  I'm just saying she isn't nearly as impressive as the comments that I've heard about her made her out to be. 

It seems like even YOU have a hard time fitting into your own Political forum.  And you're reasonable and level-headed.
LOL. Just seemed odd to me.

It would be like posting in a Patriots forum that Adam Gase isn't the offensive genius some people thought. 

LOL. Just seemed odd to me.

It would be like posting in a Patriots forum that Adam Gase isn't the offensive genius some people thought. 
That would be a good analogy if before that.....a few Jets fans tromped into the Pats forum, proclaimed Gase an offensive genius, claimed Gase and the Jets would single-handedly end the Pats dynasty.....during the 4th quarter of a Pats blowout Super Bowl victory.

Either way, it certainly caps off a very strange election during an even more unusual year.

That would be a good analogy if before that.....a few Jets fans tromped into the Pats forum, proclaimed Gase an offensive genius, claimed Gase and the Jets would single-handedly end the Pats dynasty......in the 4th quarter of a Pats blowout Super Bowl victory.

Either way, it certainly caps off a very strange election during an even more unusual year.
I suppose there may have been people here proclaiming Powell to be the savior. I didn't see them.

But even if they had, or if there had been a few Jets fans in the Patriots forum, it would be pretty odd for the Patriot fans to victory lap on a tiny fraction of the forum. And that's saying something as Pats fans victory lap most everything. 

And I don't see it as strange at all. No more strange than most everyone accepts Gase isn't an offensive genius. 

:confused:  Didn't most everyone here dismiss her from the start?

Who are these "people" who claimed she was the "Terminator"?
I think she had an air of gravitas behind her prior to the past week or so.  There were comments here indicating she was the one serious member of the legal team and she sure sounded confident.  She is an actual litigator, unlike Rudy and Jenna Ellis. She is a former federal prosecutor, so presumably knows her way around the courtroom, and she represented Flynn.  When she started talking about the Kracken and her "biblical lawsuit" in the past week, I think that took the shine off a bit because no serious lawyer would speak like that, but I was honestly wondering what she was planning and am strangely disappointed to see its nothing but more low-rent garbage. She's not been involved in any of these lawsuits yet, and I guess I thought maybe she would bring something different to the table. 

I suppose there may have been people here proclaiming Powell to be the savior. I didn't see them.

But even if they had, or if there had been a few Jets fans in the Patriots forum, it would be pretty odd for the Patriot fans to victory lap on a tiny fraction of the forum. And that's saying something as Pats fans victory lap most everything. 

And I don't see it as strange at all. No more strange than most everyone accepts Gase isn't an offensive genius. 
Very fair.  I’m hopeful that we can all move on with life one of these days.

:thumbup:          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En2QdKkXYAIisrq?format=png&name=large
                  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En2QrjYXcAI9ut_?format=jpg&name=medium

ETA- Bibas is a Trump appointee. The other two judges on the panel are Bush picks.
This guy Bibas is a refreshingly good writer.  His opinion is conversational and I think easily accessible to the reader, not hung up on legal writing formalities or even proper grammar in some places.  https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Trump.pdf

I suppose there may have been people here proclaiming Powell to be the savior. I didn't see them.. 
They were few in number in this forum, but they were vociferous.

Using specific words like “the savior” leaves enough wiggle room to back out of some unfortunate takes. No one actually said Powell was “the savior”. Still, they said plenty.

They were few in number in this forum, but they were vociferous.

Using specific words like “the savior” leaves enough wiggle room to back out of some unfortunate takes. No one actually said Powell was “the savior”. Still, they said plenty.
Still seems odd to victory lap :lmao:  when they're such the tiny minority. But I get it.

The certitude of the takes in the face of known (?) poor odds was much more impactful than the raw number of takes.
Still just seems odd. Although I guess it's really not. I should have expected as much.

Thinking more, there probably are people in the Patriots forums around the country still making sure the handful of people who ever said Gase would be good are hearing it.  

Milwaukee County has completed the recount which was requested and paid for by the Trump campaign. The updated tally shows a gain of 132 votes for Joe Biden, which I suppose Trump can now exploit as fuel for his narrative about elections being untrustworthy? 🤷‍♂️
Do people around here know the difference between a recount and an audit?

now I don't think this thing with Trump is going anywhere and I fully expect Biden to be the next president, but we have a lot of snark around here about recounts and " see I told you so! ".

What we need are audits And I think maybe that's where we might find some real problems.

now I don't think this thing with Trump is going anywhere and I fully expect Biden to be the next president, but we have a lot of snark around here about recounts and " see I told you so! ".

What we need are audits And I think maybe that's where we might find some real problems.
Do you have a link describing what an audit is (says the former auditor)?

What real problems are you envisioning?  Or just another moving of the goalposts?

There is no smoke...there is literally zero evidence of any mass fraud.

Georgia performed an audit which the Trump campaign dismissed and requested a recount.  :shrug:

https://apnews.com/article/ap-explains-georgia-audit-or-recount-9adf1d0ed50f8788572b4f7e0f04027e

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/georgias-audit-vs-recount-heres-difference/RGQOM6CCJJCQHGCTIXTFACJUVY/

So, 45 pages in, and we're still around zero cases of documented voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential election.

To argue there's rampant voter fraud at this point is either an intentional misrepresentation of facts or ignorance.

At a minimum, it's time to take the usual partisan hackery and political arguing to other threads.  There are plenty of real debates to be had...this ain't one of them.

So, 45 pages in, and we're still around zero cases of documented voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential election.

To argue there's rampant voter fraud at this point is either an intentional misrepresentation of facts or ignorance.

At a minimum, it's time to take the usual partisan hackery and political arguing to other threads.  There are plenty of real debates to be had...this ain't one of them.
Yup.  We’ve all been waiting for a single piece of evidence of fraud.  So far all we’ve had are one-off examples of Republicans trying to vote using someone else’s name.

Completely agree. All the people arguing there was rampant voter fraud should step up and throw in the towel. All of them. Every single one.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
This guy Bibas is a refreshingly good writer.  His opinion is conversational and I think easily accessible to the reader, not hung up on legal writing formalities or even proper grammar in some places.  https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Trump.pdf
Yes, that seems to have been a good appointment -- it can go in the "stuff Trump can take credit for" thread.

It’s entirely possible I’m missing something with this but in their effort to be able to appoint their own electors (which at this point they legally can’t) they are looking to have the results of this election declared in dispute and to have the governor withdraw the certification (the certification which has already occurred). In doing so, that would also withdraw the certification of the legislatures election results as well meaning they technically wouldn’t have the power to put forth the resolution to begin with since they themselves then wouldn’t have been certified. 

The other important thing about this is it isn’t the state legislature leadership trying to put forth this resolution (or agreed to it) so not sure how much support for this there really is (Mastriano being a junior state senator). 

It’s entirely possible I’m missing something with this but in their effort to be able to appoint their own electors (which at this point they legally can’t) they are looking to have the results of this election declared in dispute and to have the governor withdraw the certification (the certification which has already occurred). In doing so, that would also withdraw the certification of the legislatures election results as well meaning they technically wouldn’t have the power to put forth the resolution to begin with since they themselves then wouldn’t have been certified. 

The other important thing about this is it isn’t the state legislature leadership trying to put forth this resolution (or agreed to it) so not sure how much support for this there really is (Mastriano being a junior state senator). 
But he's spent two whole hours online working on it! I mean, that's almost as much time as I spend trying to decide what free agent to pick up for my pretend football team each week in a league with no prize money. (Of course, to be fair, that's probably more time than he's spent on any issue during his term in office.) And half of the leaders of the legislature favor it.  Since there are two leaders (one in the House and one in the Senate), that means at least one of the two Republicans in charge agree with him. What more could we want?

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
Completely agree. All the people arguing there was rampant voter fraud should step up and throw in the towel. All of them. Every single one.
What about their credibility and role in politics in the future? Should these people who actively tried to undermine our elections be held accountable, and if so, how?
Who? The statement I was agreeing to referred to people in this thread. I thought it was clear I was calling out the straw man.

If you're looking for a wider witch hunt, you're asking the wrong man. To begin with, I'm not a fan of the whole "we must get Trump AND HIS SUPPORTERS" call to arms I see from time to time on the left. And furthermore, I disagree with the premise of you're second question. Anyone trying to "actively undermine" our elections should be held accountable to be sure - but I don't think requesting we look into reports of fraud or irregularities does that. I also believe calling for audits and recounts when it's warranted supports election integrity, not undermines it.

I'd started a thread on the recounts and legal challenges but it was deleted by the mods so I don't want to go into it them too much and risk another timeout. Do you have any examples of people you consider "actively undermining our elections"? And what would you like done to them?

Users who are viewing this thread