What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT · 8m

NEW: Trump initially rebuffed and resisted requests to mobilize the National Guard, according to a person with knowledge of the vents. It required intervention from White House officials to get it done, according to the person with knowledge of the events.

This could, at least partially, explain Pence's role in authorizing the National Guard. 

So that girl died, more or less to speed the process up by two days and get Trump removed a couple weeks early?  Fox seems to want to make her a martyr.  Carlson went so far to say more or less she "doesn't look like a BLM protestor" while praising her.
I've kinda hesitated to post on this, because it's tough to get the point across, but she does seem to becoming a bit of a hero/martyr in the fringe circles.   I watched the video, and I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it looked and sounded like utter chaos.  My condolences to her family.

These people live for this stuff.

There is something cool about them just shaking it off and finishing up work today.
These missed a chance at a seminal moment - let the speaker and minority leader speak and then vote.  It would have had a much more powerful impact, IMO.

Flipping channels, did the Oklahoma guy still denounce or whatever its called the votes
He was really normal.  He said there was no way the commission was getting approved and that Biden was going to be confirmed as President, but that he would like to work in the Senate on election security in the future.

He was really normal.  He said there was no way the commission was getting approved and that Biden was going to be confirmed as President, but that he would like to work in the Senate on election security in the future.
And this is the right thing to say/do imo. It certainly doesn’t happen after an election to challenge its legitimate results. 

Zow said:
How's he not supposed to take offense to that?
I mean someone from  the internet, posting on a message board.  Sorry had to pick up kiddos from religion class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than continuing to push the false narrative Trump used to incite insurrection:  that there was something wrong with the elections that needed to be addressed.
He didn't push it quite as hard.  He said (essentially) that his constituents had concerns and he wanted them addressed, but conceded that this could be done at a later date, and he called it "election security" and didn't make it sound like some kind of inquest into this election.  As one of the 12 that was objecting, I think that's as good as you can hope for.

So what are the odds that Trump pardons those who assaulted police and destroyed property ands committed other crimes in the name of Donald Trump?

I'm going to say 50/50. But maybe I'm being conservative.

These missed a chance at a seminal moment - let the speaker and minority leader speak and then vote.  It would have had a much more powerful impact, IMO.
That would be pretty great. Someone could throw out an historic speech here though on this unbelievable day.
I guess they're going to limit their objections to Arizona so they can each get their speeches in, and then count the votes.  They aren't expected to go through objections for every contested state.  

17 GOP Senators required.
Tonight has only emboldened Trump supporters anyone who votes against him won't be reelected.  He unfortunately will run again in 2024 unless Democrats can come up with lies that will put him in jail.  Then their will be civil war.  Like I said dark days ahead.

He didn't push it quite as hard.  He said (essentially) that his constituents had concerns and he wanted them addressed, but conceded that this could be done at a later date, and he called it "election security" and didn't make it sound like some kind of inquest into this election.  As one of the 12 that was objecting, I think that's as good as you can hope for.
It's true he dialed the rhetoric down and condemned the insurrection.

So what are the odds that Trump pardons those who assaulted police and destroyed property ands committed other crimes in the name of Donald Trump?

I'm going to say 50/50. But maybe I'm being conservative.
I think since he now knows he lost he'll leave a wake of destruction.  No more pardons except his family.   

The lesson is the same as it ever was, you stand up to the bully as soon as they become the bully.  That all of these elected officials had to go through this is a tragedy that should have been averted years ago.  Being a victim of violence is something that is difficult to overcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought that he had to pardon a specific person for a specific crime and couldnt just do a blanket pardon but can you lawyer guys tell me if that is right or wrong please take that to the bank brochachos  

i thought that he had to pardon a specific person for a specific crime and couldnt just do a blanket pardon but can you lawyer guys tell me if that is right or wrong please take that to the bank brochachos  
Can issue prospective pardons for crimes you haven't been charged with, or even things that haven't been discovered yet.  Can't pardon you for future acts.   

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread