What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/ConnorASheets/status/1347270411550154753 

Here's a photo of Kevin Greeson - the 55-year-old Athens, Alabama, man who died of a "medical emergency" during the unrest in Washington yesterday - posted on Parler last month w/ the caption "I wish these mother####ers would come to my hood!"
This is what happens when you support the Kyle Rittenhouses. Real people died.

Stop amplifying the message that what Rittenhouse did was ok.

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews · 15m

!!!! US Capitol Police union statement: "We prioritized lives over property, leading people to safety. Not one Member of Congress or their staff was injured. Our officers did their jobs. Our leadership did not. Our Law Enforcement partners that assisted us were remarkable.”

Obviously an investigation will follow - but I suspect two culprits: Capitol Police Hierarchy - for failure to be prepared; and whomever was responsible for getting the National Guard in place.  See reports that Maryland was ready and waiting to send in troops but did not get authorization for 45+ minutes.  That is a communication break-down somewhere - intentional or otherwise.
I'm not sure how to take the bold. 

As a guy who has in his job description being critical of police, I'll echo my take that the only poor act I have seen by law enforcement is the guy who appeared to pose for a selfie. 

One of the reporters on the scene said that when the crowd entered the Capitol building, a whole bunch of them lined up to use the restroom. 
I have zero doubt in my mind that the group had some lawyer wannabes explaining to everybody how it isn't trespass because [insert stupid legal theory]. Note in the video some guy said, "occupy not destroy" and the number of accounts whereby protestors/trespassers/looters seemed genuinely surprised that law enforcement took non-lethal action against them. 

I have zero doubt in my mind that the group had some lawyer wannabes explaining to everybody how it isn't trespass because [insert stupid legal theory]. Note in the video some guy said, "occupy not destroy" and the number of accounts whereby protestors/trespassers/looters seemed genuinely surprised that law enforcement took non-lethal action against them. 
They were probably all asking "what seems to be the problem, officer?" when confronted in there.  

I see that after the insurrection has ended, Pence has gone back to being his supplicant and won’t pursue the 25th because he’s worried about 2024.  Stand up guy.  

This is the first I'm hearing of an officer being injured, let alone seriously.  What is the story here?
NYT reported there were 56 injured police officers including several that were hospitalized. LINK

On a side note, the Capitol police chief has resigned. 

My best buddy just sent me a Ring video of his side window getting shot out last night (probably with a BB gun) by a plain white van that drove by slowly  His neighbor had a car window smashed and their tires slashed. They both have liberal lawn signs up (BLM & Pride stuff). Cops had received a lot of reports apparently but I haven't seen anything make the news.

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews · 15m

!!!! US Capitol Police union statement: "We prioritized lives over property, leading people to safety. Not one Member of Congress or their staff was injured. Our officers did their jobs. Our leadership did not. Our Law Enforcement partners that assisted us were remarkable.”

Obviously an investigation will follow - but I suspect two culprits: Capitol Police Hierarchy - for failure to be prepared; and whomever was responsible for getting the National Guard in place. See reports that Maryland was ready and waiting to send in troops but did not get authorization for 45+ minutes.  That is a communication break-down somewhere - intentional or otherwise.
That had to be authorized by Trump. He refused. Pence actually was the one that gave the order which also brings up all sorts of questions since he has no authority to do so and they shouldn’t have acted in his authority. It was a good thing that they finally went in, but all kinds of jacked up how it played out.

Josh has a sad because of his seditious behavior:

https://twitter.com/hawleymo/status/1347327743004995585?s=21
"[L]eading a debate on the senate floor for voter integrity" is the Orwellian part. A dude who bills himself as a "constitutional lawyer" (whatever that is) not understanding the First Amendment is the funny part. This guy running for president by inciting a bunch of cop killers is the infuriating part.

Edit: Nate Silver beat me to calling Hawley's dumb statement Orwellian.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1347336354674470912

Trump has tweeted a video in which he acknowledges there will be a “new administration” inaugurated on January 20. He says he will now focus on ensuring a “smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power.”

Trump also denounces the rioters he had in yesterday’s video called “very special” and said “we love you” to. He now claims to be “outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem.”

Parler is furious about this. Saying Trump is a traitor and that they need a new leader who will fight as hard as they will.

Though Parler is also saying he didn’t say “I concede” so it doesn’t count and he said “ new administration” not “Biden” so it probably means he’s installing Don Jr as the next POTUS.

I was gonna comment on this, but decided against getting banned.

Thus ... I really like the new avatar. The lights are sweet!

Parler is furious about this. Saying Trump is a traitor and that they need a new leader who will fight as hard as they will.
To be fair, he asked his supporters to come to dc, told them to go to congress, hid in the WH and is now denouncing them.  Kind of odd behavior from his supporters POV

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna comment on this, but decided against getting banned.

Thus ... I really like the new avatar. The lights are sweet!
Thanks on the avatar and the the team looks amazing this year! It's the only good sports team in the State so I am all in on them now. As for Parler, I could look at this all day. These people are lunatics. It's a deepfake video, Trump just made a chess move some complex nobody even understands how great it was, Trump is a traitor and the patriots need a new leader who will really fight, Trump is no longer President because he's dissolving the current Constitution and going back to "the old one". 

Thanks on the avatar and the the team looks amazing this year! It's the only good sports team in the State so I am all in on them now. As for Parler, I could look at this all day. These people are lunatics. It's a deepfake video, Trump just made a chess move some complex nobody even understands how great it was, Trump is a traitor and the patriots need a new leader who will really fight, Trump is no longer President because he's dissolving the current Constitution and going back to "the old one". 
Good to hear about the team. I like good news. Wish ya the best of seasons ... unless/until ya meet me Cardinals! 🐦

On the rest, I wish I had the words to express my feelings, but alas - I lack the word ability.

My user-name must suffice ... tho, I do believe the "Constant" is hyperbole. 😃

I know folks want to see Trump impeached or get the 25th. I know they want to see him punished for what he did yesterday, I feel that way myself. 
But honestly it’s better for the country to let him be in the White House another 13 days. Let him play golf and pardon more cronies. And then let him go away. 
I want to be done with the Trump era. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread