What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official Monday Night Football thread*** (1 Viewer)

Why wasn't DJAX playing? Or was he and I missed it?
Henson doesn't have it. I want him to be good, but he just doesn't have that look about him. He never seems like he's comfortable.In other news, any other Cowboy fans upset about losing Cundif? I know Cortez is making his, and Cundif has yet to prove himself, but he at least had crazy range. I thought this might be the year he came into his own.

Someone please watch Henson take the snap and see if he just hesitates just a bit before pulling out of center.  Watch the D, isn't the push coming way before he's getting out of there.

Someone please confirm or tell me I'm off on this.
I was thinking this as well. He kinda just pauses behind the center.
EXACTLY, I don't get it. Bledsoe did it too just a little. I kind of just chalked it up that he was slow. At least last year Vinny T knew how to get back into the pocket ASAP. The freaken defense is already on him when he sets his feet.

Sorry...just joined the conversation. Did Witten play tonight? He doesn't have anything on the stat line. Just wondering.

Sorry...just joined the conversation. Did Witten play tonight? He doesn't have anything on the stat line. Just wondering.
Yeah, he played and was targeted a few times. Didn't go to him to much. I think they know what they have in him. They did try a bomb early on to him but Bledsoe almost got that play picked off as Witten did beat Marcus Trufant but the safety was in good position and Bledsoe didn't see him.

Why wasn't DJAX playing?  Or was he and I missed it?
Henson doesn't have it. I want him to be good, but he just doesn't have that look about him. He never seems like he's comfortable.In other news, any other Cowboy fans upset about losing Cundif? I know Cortez is making his, and Cundif has yet to prove himself, but he at least had crazy range. I thought this might be the year he came into his own.
Yah, I am a little upset about it. Cortez looked decent tonight. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, he played and was targeted a few times. Didn't go to him to much. I think they know what they have in him. They did try a bomb early on to him but Bledsoe almost got that play picked off as Witten did beat Marcus Trufant but the safety was in good position and Bledsoe didn't see him.
Thanks...just drafted him this weekend. Just wanted to make sure he wasn't hurt. Ticks me off when 18th round Jeremy Stevens is showing my 5th round TE how to play. :hot: It's only preseason though.

Thanks...just drafted him this weekend. Just wanted to make sure he wasn't hurt. Ticks me off when 18th round Jeremy Stevens is showing my 5th round TE how to play. :hot: It's only preseason though.
Dude, you should have taken Witten in the 5th and Stevens in the 17th :yes:

Dude, you should have taken Witten in the 5th and Stevens in the 17th :yes:
Almost did but ended up with Jolley instead. I only plan on using any other TE once this season anyway. :)

Witten played and was targeted at least twice. Once was a Henson pick and the other was almost a Bledsoe pick.Jackson played early. But he was primarily covered by Henry who has been playing very well. Newman will see a lot of action this year...Some observatioms from the first half:Pettiti better learn to deal with dline twists. He will get Bledsoe killed if he always follows the guy to the inside.... Lets hope Rivera will help keep him straight. Patrick Crayton can play.I knew Ware was going to be good. Holy moly, what instincts! But is anyone else on the D playing tonight? Hasslebeck was just ripping up the first team D.Stevens and Engram. Uptick.JJ, what sweet moves.Ugh, A-train. How slow can he go?

LOL, anyone else hear Madden say that no kid ever sayd he wants to be an official when they grow up?The best part thought, was when he said, that stuff just happens to them.

Crayton has also looked very sharp. He's a sleeper fellas. We know that Glenn and Key had trouble staying healthy. There's nothing wrong with taking Crayton in the last round of your draft, I'm telling you.

Im happy at what this Crayton kid is doing. I liked him last year, but he seems to be much improved. He's having a nice night.

Crayton has also looked very sharp. He's a sleeper fellas. We know that Glenn and Key had trouble staying healthy. There's nothing wrong with taking Crayton in the last round of your draft, I'm telling you.
What kinda value does Crayton hold in a dynasty league, do you think??

Crayton has also looked very sharp.  He's a sleeper fellas.  We know that Glenn and Key had trouble staying healthy.  There's nothing wrong with taking Crayton in the last round of your draft, I'm telling you.
He's a sleeper. There are some guys in leagues that haven't even heard of him. I think he's got potential, but he's got to show it during the regular season.One thing is for sure...........Quincy Morgan IS NOT a starter. Crayton will take his spot thank you very much.

I've spent most of my time blabbing about Dallas.........but the Seahawk 2nd string running game is horrid. They can't move the ball on the ground at all. Plus their receivers drop the ball. Wallace hasn't been great, but he's made several throws and receivers just drop the ball. I feel like I'm watching the 04 Lions.

Crayton has also looked very sharp.  He's a sleeper fellas.  We know that Glenn and Key had trouble staying healthy.  There's nothing wrong with taking Crayton in the last round of your draft, I'm telling you.
He's a sleeper. There are some guys in leagues that haven't even heard of him. I think he's got potential, but he's got to show it during the regular season.One thing is for sure...........Quincy Morgan IS NOT a starter. Crayton will take his spot thank you very much.
Yea this is true. I wouldnt take him just yet though. S. Wallace is going to get himself killed btw.

Well, neither are really starters. Crayton is older too, he'll be 26 this year.Would you give him comparable value to an Andre Davis??

Well, neither are really starters. Crayton is older too, he'll be 26 this year.Would you give him comparable value to an Andre Davis??
Not yet................but I'll also say I don't know what the role for Davis will be yet. In time, he probably can me the Wr2 over there with Branch.........assuming that nothing is wrong with Branch.

I hope Ware has more passrush moves than the speed rush.  Haven't seen any others tonight.....
I would like to see him try an inside move. He looks like he tries to always get outside. He needs to go outside and then comback inside.......without letting the QB get outside the pocket.He's been ultra impressive for a rookie in preseason though, let's just give the guy his props for the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's been ultra impressive for a rookie in preseason though, let's just give the guy his props for the night.
No question that Ware has been impressive. The insticts on the two forced fumbles, the speed on the interception, the strength he showed shoving back the rt tackle, all very impressive. What worries me is that teams will gameplan for him if all he does is speedrush.

He's been ultra impressive for a rookie in preseason though, let's just give the guy his props for the night.
No question that Ware has been impressive. The insticts on the two forced fumbles, the speed on the interception, the strength he showed shoving back the rt tackle, all very impressive. What worries me is that teams will gameplan for him if all he does is speedrush.
Yeah, but he's going to improve on things too if he's really the real deal. Parcells is bringing in the real LT to actually work with him. Do you think that'll make an impact........working with the greatest defensive player of all time.

Sometimes I just love John Madden.Talking about Michelle Tafoya (the sideline reporter) and her unborn son, Madden says "I bet he feels like McBriar."Took me a couple seconds to figure out what he meant.

Is there anything stupider than the 4th quarter of a preseason NFL game?Well, yes: me, for watching it. But that's not the point.Scrambling QB just accidentally stepped out of the back of his own endzone for a safety. Oops.Then after the kickoff. Fumble, 57 missed tackles on the return, TD...but called back for a block in the back.Somebody please shoot me.

Working with LT can't hurt. I know that several linemen had positive things to say about Jim Burt's tutelage. Harry Carson as well. In my view, its more PR stuff than anything. How much can they really impart in 1 day of work that the coaching staff hasnt been able to get across in 3 weeks of camp?

Working with LT can't hurt. I know that several linemen had positive things to say about Jim Burt's tutelage. Harry Carson as well.

In my view, its more PR stuff than anything. How much can they really impart in 1 day of work that the coaching staff hasnt been able to get across in 3 weeks of camp?
I thought it was for a week.

So, why haven't they played the 4th RB, Thompson? You'd think they want a good look at him, no?
I'm guessing Bill has a good feeling of what he can do and wants to see more of Barber.Just a guess.

So, why haven't they played the 4th RB, Thompson? You'd think they want a good look at him, no?
I don't know..........John Madden thought the same thing. He looked great a week ago, and now he's not in the game. It'll be interesting to find out.Barber looked decent at times.....but on one play he almost fumbled without even being hit (as the ball bounced in the air and he brought it back in just before being hit) and then he did fumble and it resulted in a Seahawk TD. Luckily, during the runback there was an illegal block or they could have tied the game up with a two point conversion. I definately don't trust that guy in the game when it's close.

I missed the entire first quarter, and half of the 2nd quarter, anybody see if Cris Canty had any impact?Oh, and I sure hope we get somebody to cover the TE. Maybe the back ups don't know how, but I would imagine is Roy is back there, he would just destriy them.

I hope Ware has more passrush moves than the speed rush.  Haven't seen any others tonight.....
I would like to see him try an inside move. He looks like he tries to always get outside. He needs to go outside and then comback inside.......without letting the QB get outside the pocket.He's been ultra impressive for a rookie in preseason though, let's just give the guy his props for the night.
Supposedly Ware has a KILLER spin move. One Cowboy was quoted saying that they were going to have to give it it's own nickname, it's that good. For the life of me, I can't remember where I read it, though.

Yeah, I read that too. It was on here yesterday or the day before. The Cowboys Training Camp Blog. Long read, but good read.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...hl=Cowboys+blog

The Quote:

The cyclone. The tornado. Get ready for it. Demarcus Ware has a devastating spin move that will demand a nickname. Yesterday he threw an outside spin at Brett Pierce. Today, he used an inside spin to waste Kurt Vollers in the three on two drill.

Last edited by a moderator:
We forgot to mention how good Justin Beriault looked. He wont fool anybody into thinking he's a seasoned vet, but he likes to hit, seems to have the size at 6-3.I think Bill might have found a solid backup and project player for this year.

As was stated by many people predraft, Ware will be the best D player from this draft. Glad he's playing well on MNF.

Colin
I hate the Chiefs, but DJ might have something to say about that.

We forgot to mention how good Justin Beriault looked. He wont fool anybody into thinking he's a seasoned vet, but he likes to hit, seems to have the size at 6-3.

I think Bill might have found a solid backup and project player for this year.
gotta love the hard hitting, UFA wearing #40, brings back fond memories of ol' Bill Bates

We forgot to mention how good Justin Beriault looked. He wont fool anybody into thinking he's a seasoned vet, but he likes to hit, seems to have the size at 6-3.

gotta love the hard hitting, UFA wearing #40, brings back fond memories of ol' Bill Bates
He was drafted.

He was drafted.
your right, could have sworn they said he was undrafted last night?!?

Users who are viewing this thread