What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Eagles at Chiefs on Monday Night Football*** (-2.5, 45.5) 8:15 - Super Bowl LVII Rematch (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. God our receivers suck.

2. Can't ask any more of the Chiefs defense.
Why aren't they using Rice more? Things seem to happen whenever he gets the ball, but he rarely gets it. Has he had trouble picking up the offense or something?
That is one of the great mysteries of Andy Reid.

Also, only running the ball 9 times in the second half.
Brother, you said a mouthful, there. As much as I love Big Red and respect him as a coach and a man, I do NOT miss those moments. And I remember feeling your pain when he was here.

1. God our receivers suck.

2. Can't ask any more of the Chiefs defense.
Why aren't they using Rice more? Things seem to happen whenever he gets the ball, but he rarely gets it. Has he had trouble picking up the offense or something?
That is one of the great mysteries of Andy Reid.

Also, only running the ball 9 times in the second half.
"RUN THE BALL, ANDY!" was a constant refrain when he was in Philly.

Eagles had no business winning that game

Rather poorly officiated on both sides. Felt like makeup call after makeup call

Eagles did an overall excellent job making in-game adjustments. The Fat Man? Not so much.

Hurts still stinks at seeing the field and making reads.
hurts stinks at seeing the field and making reads when he is being pressured. And he was pressured A LOT last night. A huge part of that is the underrated Chiefs front four and the genius of Spagnuolo. The other side of it is the vaunted Philly Oline has not been particularly stalwart this year. Better than average, sure. But not elite.

Eagles did an overall excellent job making in-game adjustments. The Fat Man? Not so much.

hurts stinks at seeing the field and making reads when he is being pressured. And he was pressured A LOT last night. A huge part of that is the underrated Chiefs front four and the genius of Spagnuolo. The other side of it is the vaunted Philly Oline has not been particularly stalwart this year. Better than average, sure. But not elite.
Im a big Spag's fan. I thought he got a bad rap in NYG. Chiefs DL and pressure looks were awesome last night. End of the first half was so frustrating.

Coming into this game, this officiating crew had called the 3rd fewest holding penalties all season long with 13. The only other crew that called less were both at 12. So basically, these guys don't toss a lot of flags.

Plus I paid half of them off to call things in Philly's favor. I don't think I got my ROI.

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA

Coming into this game, this officiating crew had called the 3rd fewest holding penalties all season long with 13. The only other crew that called less were both at 12. So basically, these guys don't toss a lot of flags.

Plus I paid half of them off to call things in Philly's favor. I don't think I got my ROI.
It did seem like for a bit there, the most effective way the Chiefs' offense was stopped was holding penalties against them.

I was having Patriot flashbacks from 2006/2007 watching that game when the Pats left an easy Super Bowl on the table because BB decided all Brady needed at WR was Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney...Mahomes is all-world but it is 2023 and there is no excuse for that WR unit.
Brady won SB that most people couldn't name who his WR or RB were at this point (excluding Pat fans). I don't understand how quickly it went from you can plug anyone because you have the all time best QB and TE and all time best offensive mind Andy Reid so no reason to pay for Hill to stay to now Mahomes has no one, it's the WR fault?!
Look at Stroud making castoffs and rookies look like top 10 WR.
No hate on Mahomes but can he at least get a drop of blame? Reid? If not then big time blame for letting Hill walk and shows extreme arrogance if they felt they could just plug and play.
Did KC and Reid pull a Pats and BB thinking the success is their system and coaching and they can plug and play whoever and still win? Pats with their QB and KC with their WR core?

It did seem like for a bit there, the most effective way the Chiefs' offense was stopped was holding penalties against them.

and drops. Lions fans are a little salty.

I thought the game had great intensity on both sides. Bettors and FFers were bitchin' but I love imperfect games like that. love the resiliency the Eagles consistently show in winning games that aren't always pretty.

I'll take that kind of team over the speed demons in South Beach. teams that know how to persevere and overcome mistakes are poised for a deep run in January.

I was having Patriot flashbacks from 2006/2007 watching that game when the Pats left an easy Super Bowl on the table because BB decided all Brady needed at WR was Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney...Mahomes is all-world but it is 2023 and there is no excuse for that WR unit.
Brady won SB that most people couldn't name who his WR or RB were at this point (excluding Pat fans). I don't understand how quickly it went from you can plug anyone because you have the all time best QB and TE and all time best offensive mind Andy Reid so no reason to pay for Hill to stay to now Mahomes has no one, it's the WR fault?!
No hate on Mahomes but can he at least get a drop of blame? Reid? If not then big time blame for letting Hill walk and shows extreme arrogance if they felt they could just plug and play.
Did KC and Reid pull a Pats and BB thinking the success is their system and coaching and they can plug and play whoever and still win? Pats with their QB and KC with their WR core?

I agree with the last part...one of the keys to sustained success like the Pats had is letting keys players walk as painful as it is...the second part of that equation is replacing them which really is the hard part...KC got away with it last year after moving Hill and could this year as they are still 7-3 but right now they appear vulnerable and since the trade deadline is past, they are gonna have to ride it out with what they have but like the Pats adding Moss and Welker in 07 I bet you see a big investment in the WR position this offseason.

I agree with the last part...one of the keys to sustained success like the Pats had is letting keys players walk as painful as it is...the second part of that equation is replacing them which really is the hard part...KC got away with it last year after moving Hill and could this year as they are still 7-3 but right now they appear vulnerable and since the trade deadline is past, they are gonna have to ride it out with what they have but like the Pats adding Moss and Welker in 07 I bet you see a big investment in the WR position this offseason.
As you stated before, even Brady couldn't get far with Reche Caldwell leading the charge in 2006. So people crapping on Mahomes due to some weird hate for the guy makes zero sense to me. Two time MVP and SB winner and the haters still wait in the weeds.

If one actually thinks Mahomes wouldn't be lighting it up with Nico and Dell instead of Watson and MVS maybe they should touch grass instead of watching games. Collins was good before, and Dell got open at will in College. I love watching CJ and he has elevated them, but those guys are no JAG WRs at his disposal. Reception Perception might help some understand the position more.

As you stated before, even Brady couldn't get far with Reche Caldwell leading the charge in 2006. So people crapping on Mahomes due to some weird hate for the guy makes zero sense to me. Two time MVP and SB winner and the haters still wait in the weeds.

If one actually thinks Mahomes wouldn't be lighting it up with Nico and Dell instead of Watson and MVS maybe they should touch grass instead of watching games. Collins was good before, and Dell got open at will in College. I love watching CJ and he has elevated them, but those guys are no JAG WRs at his disposal. Reception Perception might help some understand the position more.
I agree with everything you said here. You can't just throw 35+ TDs to garbagemen every season. You need talent. Crazy to think that bum Juju leaving would be a big difference in their production.

With that said, I absolutely CANNOT stand Mahomes crying about wanting a flag after 88% of every offensive play. He lobbies the refs a million times each game it got old real fast over these last couple of years.

I agree with everything you said here. You can't just throw 35+ TDs to garbagemen every season. You need talent. Crazy to think that bum Juju leaving would be a big difference in their production.

With that said, I absolutely CANNOT stand Mahomes crying about wanting a flag after 88% of every offensive play. He lobbies the refs a million times each game it got old real fast over these last couple of years.
Brady was the King of yelling for flags so maybe the torch was passed.

JJSS had 78 for 933 which is badly needed. No safety blanket after Kelce gets bracketed, and there's no deep threat to speak of.

Man, the Hill dialogue is so freaking tired at this point.

They won the dang Super Bowl last year without him and they are in the mix to be there again. The whole "they need Hill" thing is just dumb at this point. EVERY team could use Hill. Duh.

But the Chiefs have this defense AND that Super Bowl ring because they got rid of Hill.

Will KC front office and Reid admit to themselves it's not their QB and system that makes them dangerous? That's the huge question and answer that will determine if they go after someone offseason or not. I admit when you've had success long enough and start to believe it's because of you, it's almost impossible to switch.
Strange enough the best possible outcome would be for them to fall and have no doubt about it they need major upgrade at the WR position. Currently their record and most likely #1 seed I just don't think they will believe in the offseason the issue is their WR core. Should be interesting.

Man, the Hill dialogue is so freaking tired at this point.

They won the dang Super Bowl last year without him and they are in the mix to be there again. The whole "they need Hill" thing is just dumb at this point. EVERY team could use Hill. Duh.

But the Chiefs have this defense AND that Super Bowl ring because they got rid of Hill.
I hear you but it looks like their success wasn't we have the QB and HC so plug and play with anyone as many said when they didn't want to pay Hill. That's why it doesn't make sense to hear they don't have any WR studs talk this year, last year they didn't either.
The KC winning w/o Hill reminds me a bit when the Cowboys won w/o Jimmy Johnson. In the immediate aftermath it didn't matter.
Their defense and most likely #1 seed with easy remaining schedule should get them back to AFC championship game at least but don't think anyone would be surprised if they lost prior.

I know I'm going to troll a little bit with the real life Mahomes fans I know about his inability to make WR's better....but if you're intellectually honest, what else could that guy have done? He's putting the ball on the hands.

The inability of their WRs to catch is solely on the WRs. That they have WRs who cannot catch is on the Front Office.

Will be interesting to see mahomes go on the road in the playoffs for the first time in his life

If only you knew what you were saying. He went on the road his first year and lost to the Patriots. And the only reason he's at home is because he and his team are so excellent they're in first place.

No need for salty haters and Super Bowl losers to take shots. He's the best.

Will be interesting to see mahomes go on the road in the playoffs for the first time in his life

If only you knew what you were saying. He went on the road his first year and lost to the Patriots. And the only reason he's at home is because he and his team are so excellent they're in first place.

This response seems out of proportion to the post.

This response seems out of proportion to the post.
Especially since Mahomes has never played a road game in the playoffs.

My bad. He lost at Arrowhead to the Patriots.

Still love seeing the salty haters and Philly fans cast aspersions as if somebody who hadn't ceded the AFCCG to anybody else was in some way not as complete as losers who have to go on the road. Especially the kind of team with a QB that goes on the road to get curbstomped in Tampa.

But that's just me.

My bad. He lost at Arrowhead to the Patriots.

Still love seeing the salty haters and Philly fans cast aspersions as if somebody who hadn't ceded the AFCCG to anybody else was in some way not as complete as losers who have to go on the road. Especially the kind of team with a QB that goes on the road to get curbstomped in Tampa.

But that's just me.
You really got an Anti-Eagles thing going on.

But that's just me.

I dont hate him. Never said that. I just want him to do it without home field advantage. And yeah it felt good winning that game last night. It's not his fault his wrs suck. He's still awesome. Not sure why you are attacking me for saying this

You really got an Anti-Eagles thing going on
You feel that way about anyone that doesn’t fellate the eagles. Let’s be honest here
Nah, he has a history of throwing shade on here at the Eagles I have seen. He argued that AJ Brown's streak of 125 yard games "wasn't a record"
I'm sure you would argue the Lamb 10 catch/150 yard streak of 3 games is a record. Which it is.
He argued with me when Jalen Hurts signed his new contract (and funny how he mentions the word gaslighting), in an effort to prove his point, he used some rankings or stats or something from the 2021 season in an attempt to prove his point.

It is OK to be honest and just come out and say "I don't like the Eagles and this is why"

I'm perfectly fine admitting I do not like the Cowboys or a large % of their fanbase. I am not hiding from it. It is what is is.

Pretty sure you are the same, although you, in my opinion, don't like discussing the actual game or like admitting bad facts about the Cowboys, or sometimes just don't even continue the conversation for whatever personal reasons. And I am being honest here.

I'm here all day long to talk about the good, the bad and what needs to be done regarding the Eagles. Good or bad.

My dad told me a story once. He said he went to a wrestling match way back in the day and Gorgeous George was the headliner. I guess he was the OG Heel. Walking around strutting, blowing kisses, cursing audience members, the full nine.

Dad said there was a little old lady in the audience, must’ve been 70-80. She was booong and hissing old George. When he strutted around where she was standing, she reached in her bag, took out her knitting needles and sunk them in his arm.

Sweet little grandma got riled up enough by his act that she enacted grievous harm on our pal, George. Funny visual, darkly twisted story. But, I’ll never understand that human impulse, rooting against someone performing entertainment, and getting so carried away there is actual vitriol towards another human being. Never made sense to me.

Reading this thread, that impulse still amuses and baffles me. Happy Holidays, you buncha jabronis.

Nah, he has a history of throwing shade on here at the Eagles I have seen. He argued that AJ Brown's streak of 125 yard games "wasn't a record"
Who cares??

I’m constantly amazed at people that defend their favorite sports team like it’s their first born child. Can you explain why you feel the need to do that? Because I just don’t get it. At all

Yes it was a “record”. Just like Lambs “record”. I think at some point these “first one to walk across the field without stepping on the chalk in 8 games straight!!” are just like participation trophies

Last edited:
The plug and play is a direct result of the salary cap. Once KC committed that second contract to Mahomes, tough decisions have to be made - the biggest was keeping Kelce over T Hill.

These are the games where Chiefs leadership start Tuesday morning meetings with, "Maybe we should have went after Sutton or Jeudy?"

Didn't they just win a title with a bunch of scrub WR?

Now it's obvious to everyone they should have gone after a WR?

Come on fellas
Kelce is not the same from last year, not even close, and it's easy to see if you watch him.

JJSS had 78 catches for 933 yards and he was never replaced. Bottom 3 WR group in the NFL without question.

Patrick should be the ultimate teammate elevator. 19 drops (2nd most per PFF) is not something you plan for, but yeah, gonna need to retool that room in 2024. Plus Kelce is waxing philosophical and getting serious with a billionaire so you better future proof now.

We're on to Week 12....

Who cares??

I’m constantly amazed at people that defend their favorite sports team like it’s their first born child. Can you explain why you feel the need to do that? Because I just don’t get it. At all

Yes it was a “record”. Just like Lambs “record”. I think at some point these “first one to walk across the field without stepping on the chalk in 8 games straight!!” are just like participation trophies
This is a message board. I'm not in real life going out and talking Eagles and fantasy football all the time. That's what this place is for.

I'm constantly amazed at people that come into our team thread and always talk about fan behavior rather than the team itself. Can you explain why you feel the need to do that?

Kelce is not the same from last year, not even close, and it's easy to see if you watch him.

JJSS had 78 catches for 933 yards and he was never replaced. Bottom 3 WR group in the NFL without question
Agreed.

I just need a link to people saying this in August.
I think many had the assumption someone would step up, like Moore, and that Kelce would still be Kelce.

None of it has happened, and it's all been regression, including Kelce, who has also been bracketed more than ever before since the other pass catchers are laughable.

Who cares??

This is a message board. I'm not in real life going out and talking Eagles and fantasy football all the time. That's what this place is for.

I'm constantly amazed at people that come into our team thread and always talk about fan behavior rather than the team itself. Can you explain why you feel the need to do that?
This conversation started (for me) when you starting talking about a fans behavior lol. Do you read what you post ?

Are you going to answer my question or not?

Oh and, you know “your team” thread isn’t just for eagles fans right? It’s a public message board. Just yesterday an eagles fan that hasn’t posted in awhile was commenting on the present board and mentioned something along the lines of “used to be able to come here and bust each others balls”. It would be more fun if more of you were like him imo. Maybe you’d be happier on an all eagles board? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Who cares??

This conversation started (for me) when you starting talking about a fans behavior lol. Do you read what you post ?

Are you going to answer my question or not?

Oh and, you know “your team” thread isn’t just for eagles fans right? It’s a public message board. Just yesterday an eagles fan that hasn’t posted in awhile was commenting on the present board and mentioned something along the lines of “used to be able to come here and bust each others balls”. It would be more fun if more of you were like him imo. Maybe you’d be happier on an all eagles board? 🤷🏻‍♂️
So your basic question is why I defend the team I have been a fan of my entire life? On a message board I frequent every day, just like you.

Because I've been an Eagles fan my entire life. And I frequent this message board every day.

Happy?

Didn't they just win a title with a bunch of scrub WR?

Now it's obvious to everyone they should have gone after a WR?

Come on fellas

JJSS had 78 catches for 933 yards and he was never replaced. Bottom 3 WR group in the NFL without question.
Rice has been a nice addition, but he doesn’t change defensive game plans. Kelce is slowing down and is little more than a RZ threat now. Another key weapon from last year that I haven’t seen much lately is McKinnon.

So your basic question is why I defend the team I have been a fan of my entire life? On a message board I frequent every day, just like you.
No. My basic question is why do you get offended so easily when someone posts anything less than glowing about your favorite football team and feel the need to defend the honor of a stupid sports team?

I mean, you guys treat poor @DJackson10 like **** because he doesn’t post “Eagles are the best at EVERYTHING”. Dudes as much of an eagles fan as any of you guys as far as I can tell. It’s crazy

No. My basic question is why do you get offended so easily when someone posts anything less than glowing about your favorite football team and feel the need to defend the honor of a stupid sports team?

I mean, you guys treat poor @DJackson10 like **** because he doesn’t post “Eagles are the best at EVERYTHING”. Dudes as much of an eagles fan as any of you guys as far as I can tell. It’s crazy
Show me anywhere you think I actually got offended and I'll let you know. Am I passionate? Sure. Offended by people on here by talking football...no.

Am I surprised at some of the takes on here regarding my team? Sometimes, but that comes with the territory. The media has their schtick about the Eagles. Basic Americans are easily marketed to and manipulated by media narratives, so I understand how that works. But I'm never truly offended lol.

And regarding other fans on here, I can only speak about my personal experience. Djax sure has some hot takes. And his posts often have nothing to do with the team and are very often about his own personal feelings. He is like the Eliott Shore Parks of our board, who is beloved by a lot of rival fans b/c of his weird hot takes that sometime cross into looking like hating on the team. Now for ESP, he got his start I believe trashing the actual Desean Jackson and reporting about gang ties that contributed to his release by Chip Kelly. So you can guess what kind of reporting/hot takes a guy like that has.

As for the guy here, we all as Eagles fans know the type. There is a certain, very particular subset of our fanbase that for whatever reason, and I have my own personal opinions I care not to share b/c politics, that STILL to this day are obsessed with Carson Wentz and STILL refuse to give Hurts credit for becoming the player he is. You can just look at the moment Wentz signed with as a damn backup with the Rams and the guy had like 5 posts about him IN THE EAGLES THREAD in the first hour of the transaction. Its just weird, IMO, to still be that obsessed over a player that quit on us and has been gone for how many years now? And he just seems the type that no matter what success the team has, he goes OUT OF HIS WAY to discredit the team and the success they have, including Jalen Hurts, and finds ways it seems to not ever be happy.

It's not like we all got together and secretly colluded to treat him a certain way. He has certainly earned his reputation on here, and we mostly view it as a sort of sad comedy at this point. He just can't get past certain things, for whatever reasons and to me, its just annoying when you got guys that don't have the ability to have their opinion's changed b/c in their mind, they are still right no matter what about their original take and despite all evidence to the contrary disproving the point they had, almost double and triple down instead of ever considering new information to the contrary. You see it a lot these days from fans, bc again, people often mimic the media and we are in the age of stubborn hot takes. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread