What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Monday Night Football (1 Viewer)

Arlene Harris in the game.. looks like S.Jax and Faulk's nights are done..both looked really good with their carries..

fing terrible. Even the sky cam came down, stopping the game yet again.

It's amazing how much better Martin and the Rams backups look than the Lions starters after just 3 plays.

Do you guys think Harris takes over as the feature if Jackson were to go down? Or, do you think they try and squeeze a season out Faulk?

Do you guys think Harris takes over as the feature if Jackson were to go down? Or, do you think they try and squeeze a season out Faulk?
I think they would use Faulk as that would give Martz the excuse to go back to throwing it 95% of the time which is what he wants to do anyway.

A couple of mins ago, Madden just said, "The Lions have to give the fans something to cheer about."So let me start it off by saying, "Let's see Timmy Chang! He'll do great! He can air it out to any of the 3 wr's that they got! Go Timmy Chang!"

Anyone else find it funny/pathetic that the female reporter (michelle?) on the sideline was standing next to torry holt and got caught right as the camera went on her, having to ask (her producer maybe) who she was standing next to? She wasn't joking or anything either. C'mon now girl, he's one of the top WR's in the league, you should be able to recognize him.

<------took Stephen Jackson at 4.9 in ten team league to platoon with LT and KJ - took him at 2.6 in 14 team ppr league to go with Westbrook :D

In all honesty, the lions O line was HORRIBLE - I don't begrudge Joey for tonight at all....the line was just terrible. And yes, it is still preseason. Garcia has looked twice as bad. He can't hit the broad side of a barn.

What's going to happen out of this game is the Rams who are a great offensive team, is going to get too much credit however. The Lions put absolutely no pressure on most of those passes, basically resulting in pitch and catch between Bulger and whoever he wanted to throw to.This does not happen in most games in the regular season folks. I'm not saying he's not going to post solid numbers, I'm saying it won't be so easy.Steven Jackson looks good. He looks like a solid 2nd round pick. In fact you're going to see him going high in the 2nd after this showing.Lions offensive Lion blew it. You can say what you want about Harrington or anyone else, but just think about Harrington and his time to throw vs. Bulger and his time. There's no comparison. Harrington at times had to run for his life or throw with a guy ready to nail him. A few times when he did have time, he made a couple decent throws. I did see 2 bad passes that were just on him.Play calling: The Lions on the drive before halftime had a chance to score. On 1st and goal from the 26 they thew an 8 yarder. Then on 2nd down they attempted a short pass and on 3rd and goal they threw another short attempt to the 9 yard line that was dropped by Pollard, but even if caught there was no chance for a TD. I didn't get that at all...........horrible play calling/decisions made there.Overall D: The Lions are in for a LONG YEAR on defense. They can't stop anyone. They will score points, whether it's JOey or Garcia because the defense is going to give up a ton and the Lions will be playing a lot of catch up. I see some garbage TD's in the 2nd half of Lions games by their WR's.Kevin Jones stock dropped tonight. I thought at times he was tentative and didn't run with a lot of power. On a key 3rd and 4, it looked as if he had the 1st down for sure and he did some little funky move to slow down and try and dip and dodge and easily was stopped a yard short when if he would have just squared his shoulders and ran low he would have had the 1st. They go on 4th and short and get stopped. Huge mistake on 3rd down. Jones will have his biggest games against teams that are mediocre like the Lions where he'll be used the entire game. I could see his rushing numbers suffering from the catchup style of play.Pollard: Does not look like a starting TE for fantasy football and a marginal backup.Mike Williams: In a 12 team redraft that goes 18 rounds, he isn't draftable. The Lions had enough receivers and should have picked Johnson that the Chiefs took. In the Detroit papers the morning of the draft, there were big articles in the Detroit News that he was the guy the Lions were going to take........I don't know what happened. I guess they figured Williams would be off the board but during their brief feeling of excitement, they forgot that their defense is horrible and that they spend top 10 picks on Rogers and Williams and recently signed Kevin Johnson a WR3. I think that was horrible management and really a lack of vision.It is not bad luck that the Lions in the last 47 years have only won 1 playoff game. That's right folks, 1 playoff game. That is mindboggling. It's a credit to all Detroit fans that sellout Ford Field to pay 50 dollars a ticket, 20 dollars to park, 8 dollars for a beer and 4 dollars for a slice of pizza and get that kind of product in return year in and year out.I am officially off the Lions bandwagon. Did you feel that...........that's 200 pounds getting off.

Either the Rams defensive really has come alive or the Lions offensive line sucks. Probably a bit of both. This will impact all Lions on the offensive side of the ball.

i got a question for you all. I have bulger, jackson and holt all on one team.... do you think this is a bad thing? or a good thing? i think it will either be very bad, or very good.
I have Bulger, Jackson and Bruce on the same team. They were the best players available at the time I picked so there you go. It's not like its the Bears...the Rams will put up some points.FF is gambling so I figure I just doubled down...

great stat on Harrington

only throw 9.6% of his yards past 20 yards.. worst % in the league

i guess you can blame it on the fact that he has no receiving options ;)
That stat obviously isn't for this year.........and this is the year he's getting his receivers. They didn't look good tonight, no doubt but regardless of that the stat doesn't reflect this upcoming year. With that said, if it's under 15 percent then whoever is QB should be shot at the end of the season.

In all honesty, the lions O line was HORRIBLE - I don't begrudge Joey for tonight at all....the line was just terrible.

And yes, it is still preseason. Garcia has looked twice as bad. He can't hit the broad side of a barn.
:goodposting: Im not a huge Harrington fan but the guy was under a ridiculous amount of pressure all night. Dont think there are many qbs out there that wouldve looked good playing behind that line tonight.

Kevin Jones stock dropped tonight.
I thought he looked fine. He didn't break one off, but he also didn't get a full game's work. My opinion of his ability didn't change after tonight. His opportunity to succeed on this team, however, might be a different story. The Lions looked like ####.

What's wrong with Jason Hanson. He booted a 54 yarder tonight, he's solid.

Just took him in the last round of a recent draft. I love guys who can kick 54 yarders with room to spare. :)

That won't do you any good after they're down by 20 going into the 2nd qtr.

In all honesty, the lions O line was HORRIBLE - I don't begrudge Joey for tonight at all....the line was just terrible. 

And yes, it is still preseason.  Garcia has looked twice as bad.  He can't hit the broad side of a barn.
:goodposting: Im not a huge Harrington fan but the guy was under a ridiculous amount of pressure all night. Dont think there are many qbs out there that wouldve looked good playing behind that line tonight.
In addition to the O-line looking just BAD, how about the playcalling? If a defense blitzes you on 3 straight plays wouldn't run a draw or throw a screen to a RB or a WR? Not in Detriot apparently, if they continually blitz you just have your QB drop back into the pocket for a pass down field yet again. :no:

I posted this last week and didn't get any replies. I know it's one game, but it doesn't help me think anything good about the Lions.

Does the QB situation effect Jones in anyway? I'm wondering because everyone keeps saying how they have these great WR's to key on and cover which will free up the running game. Well if the QB can't get the ball to them, what good are they? With Harrington, I don't see a stable situation. I can picture defenses daring Joey to throw and prove that he can get them the ball before they start playing nickel/dime coverage consistantly. And I don't have much faith in Harrington, another reason why I'm leary of Jones. Thoughts?
LOL, watching/listening to Salisbury steak pimping Harrington on Primetime!! He showed all 3 of Harrington's good completions and made him into a hall of famer. :loco: Everybody's great according to this clown, he's tiresome.Edit to add: Salisbury just went out on a limb and called Maurice Clarett and "average football player". Maybe the harshest words ever spoken by the former all-pro. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this last week and didn't get any replies. I know it's one game, but it doesn't help me think anything good about the Lions.

Does the QB situation effect Jones in anyway? I'm wondering because everyone keeps saying how they have these great WR's to key on and cover which will free up the running game. Well if the QB can't get the ball to them, what good are they? With Harrington, I don't see a stable situation. I can picture defenses daring Joey to throw and prove that he can get them the ball before they start playing nickel/dime coverage consistantly. And I don't have much faith in Harrington, another reason why I'm leary of Jones. Thoughts?
LOL, watching/listening to Salisbury steak pimping Harrington on Primetime!! He showed all 3 of Harrington's good completions and made him into a hall of famer. :loco: Everybody's great according to this clown, he's tiresome.Edit to add: Salisbury just went out on a limb and called Maurice Clarett and "average football player". Maybe the harshest words ever spoken by the former all-pro. :banned:
Salisbury is an idiot.

Harrington is scaring my 3rd round grab of Jones and 4th round pick of Roy Williams. Have the Lions looked this bad all preseason??? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread