What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (3 Viewers)

I HATE the Miller Lite "Man Up" commercials.

Also, the UPS "That's Logistics" jingle is awful. As are the State Farm ones on the radio with the songs that remind me of the FreeCreditReport.com songs.

UGGGG...these are so bad. Sorry if any are honda.

Aflac Duck Rap WTF does AFLAC expect to attract with this stuff? They should at least let a black duck rap or a crow or a blackbird.

People in America tend to get annoyed by having to deal with technology and heavy Indian accents at the same time. What exactly is the point of merging the two.

the lexus with a bow on it commercials were pretty awful but this new "hey i recognize that song" bit makes me want to throw the remote through the tv

Those esurance commercials with the dude that looks like a youngish Phil Simms are pretty good.

We're talking dough. Greenbacks. Cheddar.

Daddy gets his dance on.

Is it Visa or MasterCard...or whoever with the Lions fan buying his little girl all the crap so he can get rewards.

Awful.

the lexus with a bow on it commercials were pretty awful but this new "hey i recognize that song" bit makes me want to throw the remote through the tv
ThisThough the girl in the one where the people apparently have a private elevator to their apartment is pretty hot. Great commercial - I'm sure the average guy watching football on Sunday also has a private elevator to his luxury apartment

ThisThough the girl in the one where the people apparently have a private elevator to their apartment is pretty hot. Great commercial - I'm sure the average guy watching football on Sunday also has a private elevator to his luxury apartment
I hate these too. I can't believe they pretend buying someone a Lexus for Christmas is some sort of universally recognized holiday tradition. Although I'm usually opposed to the death penalty, I think I would be OK with us executing anyone who buys a $60,000 Toyota as a Christmas present.

Folks, we have a new front runner for worst commercial in the history of ever. And it comes courtesy of an auto maker I am ashamed to admit I've owned over the years.

The Acura commercial with Bett Midler. Horrendous. Awful. An assault to the ears. I'd like to castrate the creaters of this campaign and set fire to every Acura on the road. And thanks to the jackasses at CNBC, I get to watch this thing several times a day, every day. It's loud, obnoxious, irritating and draining to the soul. For shame. :thumbdown:

The Geico commercial with the lizard walking through the fields of golden wheat and then exiting to a street almost getting hit by the car.

I will kill and mutilate every lizard I see and catch until this commercial is off the air.

The weird things is that the caveman and the first few lizards commercials from Geico were very good.

The Geico commercial with the lizard walking through the fields of golden wheat and then exiting to a street almost getting hit by the car.I will kill and mutilate every lizard I see and catch until this commercial is off the air.The weird things is that the caveman and the first few lizards commercials from Geico were very good.
The caveman one with Brian Orakapo is beyond stupid. Who writes these? Who thinks that last line by the caveman is funny? I mean other than Dane Cook fans? That's not funny.

'General Malaise said:
'Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
The Geico commercial with the lizard walking through the fields of golden wheat and then exiting to a street almost getting hit by the car.I will kill and mutilate every lizard I see and catch until this commercial is off the air.The weird things is that the caveman and the first few lizards commercials from Geico were very good.
The caveman one with Brian Orakapo is beyond stupid. Who writes these? Who thinks that last line by the caveman is funny? I mean other than Dane Cook fans? That's not funny.
I spend way too much time pondering this. Over the holidays I was in rooms filled with moronic cousins, aunts and uncles who laugh at anything, the most base, easy to please senses of humor I can imagine, people who laugh at generic sitcoms and Kevin James comedies, and after that commercial, the room filled with the uncomfortable silence that follows a flat attempt at humor. It's not funny intentionally, unintentionally, not even passably, blandly amusing. Just horribly, horribly, horribly unfunny. It tarnishes the brand name. It does nothing I can discern to help sell the product. Some argue that people talking about an ad means it's working, but I can't envision a scenario other than this where anybody would talk or think about it. I can't imagine anyone finding anything redeeming about it. It's simply horrid on every level. Whoever wrote the copy and directed it should be embarrassed and ashamed. I simply can't conceive of a competent human being allowing it to happen much less thinking it's a quality advertisement.

The Hyundai holiday commercials have been pretty bad this year, especially the series with the 30ish white guy rapping.

I spend way too much time pondering this. Over the holidays I was in rooms filled with moronic cousins, aunts and uncles who laugh at anything, the most base, easy to please senses of humor I can imagine, people who laugh at generic sitcoms and Kevin James comedies, and after that commercial, the room filled with the uncomfortable silence that follows a flat attempt at humor. It's not funny intentionally, unintentionally, not even passably, blandly amusing. Just horribly, horribly, horribly unfunny. It tarnishes the brand name. It does nothing I can discern to help sell the product. Some argue that people talking about an ad means it's working, but I can't envision a scenario other than this where anybody would talk or think about it. I can't imagine anyone finding anything redeeming about it. It's simply horrid on every level. Whoever wrote the copy and directed it should be embarrassed and ashamed. I simply can't conceive of a competent human being allowing it to happen much less thinking it's a quality advertisement.
Given the production quality of the Orakpo commercials (much cheaper looking than past commercials), I'm convinced these were supposed to just be shown in the DC market, but through some strange fluke (maybe the person at Geico in charge of advertising is a redskins fan, maybe the national commercials couldn't be aired) they ended up going national.

Given the production quality of the Orakpo commercials (much cheaper looking than past commercials), I'm convinced these were supposed to just be shown in the DC market, but through some strange fluke (maybe the person at Geico in charge of advertising is a redskins fan, maybe the national commercials couldn't be aired) they ended up going national.
You may be right here. Did the rest of the country get the equally shoddy Ryan Zimmerman/Caveman ads?I assumed those and the Orakpo ads were just local

Jennifer Hudson over singing about losing weight (is it for Jenny Craig) makes me literally change the channel. Never cared for her before but now she is completely over saturated on TV. I guess it is because I was watching more daytime television over the holidays but if I never see that commercial again I will be good with it.

I also saw a Pizza Hut commercial with some hipster strumming his Gee-tar and singing about tacos and burritos that was completely unbearable.

Finally, did I see Alyssa Milano take over for Sally Struthers as the "Feed the Kids" spokesperson? Thought she might be above that but she is easier to look at than Sally.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be right here. Did the rest of the country get the equally shoddy Ryan Zimmerman/Caveman ads?I assumed those and the Orakpo ads were just local
Never seen the Zimmerman ad. See the Orakpo ads all the time, which I always thought was odd since he's no national star.

The Geico commercial with the lizard walking through the fields of golden wheat and then exiting to a street almost getting hit by the car.

I will kill and mutilate every lizard I see and catch until this commercial is off the air.

The weird things is that the caveman and the first few lizards commercials from Geico were very good.
Never seen the Zimmerman ad. See the Orakpo ads all the time, which I always thought was odd since he's no national star.
You're welcomeThese must have been such a hit they decided to make the Orakpo ones nationwide

Maybe we can get some Blatche next year

State Farm insurance commercial, guy leaning up against a car most of the time...that would be the actor who played Ben Stiller's fake son in Meet the ####ers.

Users who are viewing this thread