What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

Nice. I stopped into Four Stacks (Apollo Beach location) yesterday on the way back from Ruskin. Tried their IPA, DIPA, and sour IPA. The sour IPA was decent, the others were ok at best. They didnt have any other sours on, but the girl behind the bar said their Riverview location is open and they have one or two sours on. I may check them out next weekend.
Lemme know. I’ll be around Saturday all day and probably part of Sunday and most weeknights too.

ETA: I actually like some of their fruited ales better than their sours fwiw. Brew Berrymore and Watermelon Wheat are quite good imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
At Other Half Brewing in Brooklyn yesterday. Dig that place. 
Yeah? I thought that the atmosphere sucked. Can't sit at the bar, most bartenders aren't very talkative. Very unsocial IMO. Great beer but I'd rather hang at LIC all day everyday. Exact opposite feel.

Yeah? I thought that the atmosphere sucked. Can't sit at the bar, most bartenders aren't very talkative. Very unsocial IMO. Great beer but I'd rather hang at LIC all day everyday. Exact opposite feel.
Interesting. I had two fantastic bartenders. Woman with short hair and guy with beard (like that narrows it down in Brooklyn...) . 

I will say the atmosphere lacks a lot though. Beer seemed to over ride the lack of atmosphere.

And agree, LIC is much more comfortable. 

Treehouse Perfect Storm DIPA. Gonna have my last TH Green tonight with surf & turf at home (grilled ribeyes and shrimp scampi)

Interesting. I had two fantastic bartenders. Woman with short hair and guy with beard (like that narrows it down in Brooklyn...) . 

I will say the atmosphere lacks a lot though. Beer seemed to over ride the lack of atmosphere.

And agree, LIC is much more comfortable. 
It was a regular stop for me, usually Tues or Weds nights Nov 18 through Jan 19. Always packed too, so that could be part of it.

@Wingnut @Osaurus

I'm a beer nerd but have NEVER had mead.  Local place here is carrying Garagiste Reboog Vitis (PB&J) mead on Saturday (National Mead Day). 

Worth a try for the uninitiated? Or like giving a 16 yo a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle?

Gosh I love beer, but the older I get, the worse it affects me.  Had a 20oz stout and then 2 24oz ales on Saturday and my gut felt like a rock.  Of course I ate wayyyy too much on top of it, but I was useless on Sunday and even Monday I felt weird.

I may switch to top-shelf vodka.

Sad.

@Wingnut @Osaurus

I'm a beer nerd but have NEVER had mead.  Local place here is carrying Garagiste Reboog Vitis (PB&J) mead on Saturday (National Mead Day). 

Worth a try for the uninitiated? Or like giving a 16 yo a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle?
Go for it. Consider it like wine though as the alcohol content is way high. It’s not for everyone, but I really like it.

@Wingnut @Osaurus

Absolutely try it, and be ready to be a fan of mead. Its 14% ABV so the pours won't be big (usually 3-6 ounces) but their Reboog meads are incredible IMO and something you should definitely try if given the chance.

Gosh I love beer, but the older I get, the worse it affects me.  Had a 20oz stout and then 2 24oz ales on Saturday and my gut felt like a rock.  Of course I ate wayyyy too much on top of it, but I was useless on Sunday and even Monday I felt weird.

I may switch to top-shelf vodka.

Sad.
Ive been the opposite.  Though, I do get the bloated issue possible...but ive been a bourbon guy all my life.  Lately...if I have 2 glasses (straight) or when drinking a mixed cocktail (3 of them).  I wake up shaky and my head hurts.

Beer treats me right.  Though, I still prefer bourbon.

Tampa Beer Works Froot Jam, a NEIPA with strawberry and peaches. Really friggin good.

Tomorrow is Mead Day, hitting Garagiste for a pour or two then checking out a new Tampa brewery, Bay Cannon Brewing, and will probably hired Due Amici Pizza in Ybor City afelterwards.

Let the weekend begin!!!

Mead Day. Started out with a pour of Reboog Vitis at Garagiste. Then went to Cannon Bay's grand opening and had their DIPA and Mosaic IPA. Both very tasty. Then went home and had a few 7 Sun Headbanger and some Garagiste Reboog Musa, a peanut butter banana mead (one of my favorites).

Debating oh whether or not to pop a 3F Oude Geuze.

Hudson Valley Brewery?  Is it as good as all the reviews make it sound?  BA average rating is a like a 4.28.
My new local brewery. It’s very good, but I’m pretty sure the only new beers they have cranked out in the last 9 months have been sour IPAs. I don’t really need more than one sour IPA. 

My new local brewery. It’s very good, but I’m pretty sure the only new beers they have cranked out in the last 9 months have been sour IPAs. I don’t really need more than one sour IPA. 
Yeah that was a little surprising.  It was pretty good, not as amazing as I hoped.

certainly better than two way, Clemson brothers and arrowood.

so you live in beacon or nearby?  I have a few questions about that area if you wouldn’t mind a pm.

Long Ball Larry said:
Yeah that was a little surprising.  It was pretty good, not as amazing as I hoped.

certainly better than two way, Clemson brothers and arrowood.

so you live in beacon or nearby?  I have a few questions about that area if you wouldn’t mind a pm.
Just moved in today. Hit me up. 

Aslin Beer Company recently moved to where I live (Alexandria, VA).  Their stuff often gets ranked among the best in Virginia.  I made my first trip out there yesterday.  Pretty nice spot, but I could see it getting a bit loud on the weekends.  I think it will supplant Port City as my favorite brewery in Alexandria.  

I brought home a couple of 4 packs of a Triple IPA — Pew Pew Pew.  Good stuff.

So heading out to San Francisco area 7/31-8/11 the plan is to hit up the following up in Santa Rosa: Crooked Goat, 3 Disciples, Shady Oak, Fogbelt, Lagunitas and Russian River. Might hit Almanac too but not 100% on that since it's a different trip. Any place I should be planning on going?

@Sebowski
Sorry man. They freaking banned me from here from here for something stupid. Go to Cellarmaker! They are one of my favorite breweries in the country. That's my only must-do when I'm in SF. Only a couple blocks from City Beer Store too which always has killer taps and is the best battleship in the city. Toronado is also a favorite place of mine. 

Aslin Beer Company recently moved to where I live (Alexandria, VA).  Their stuff often gets ranked among the best in Virginia.  I made my first trip out there yesterday.  Pretty nice spot, but I could see it getting a bit loud on the weekends.  I think it will supplant Port City as my favorite brewery in Alexandria.  

I brought home a couple of 4 packs of a Triple IPA — Pew Pew Pew.  Good stuff.
Was hoping that would actually be Alexandria, and not Springfield.  Oh well, I'll likely hit it up anyway.

Tonight - nothing

Tomorrow night - probably 2-3 craft-y type of beers, going to dinner then some live music with my folks

Friday night - taking it semi-easy, probably.... max 5-6, not sure of style

Saturday night - will probably go "light" as there could be quite a bit of volume

Wish me luck, I VERY rarely drink on back-to-back nights.... going for a triple play is going to be way out of my current comfort zone.  :lol:  

Any of you going to the Great Taste tomarrow? I thought there was a regular group of FBG that make the trek. I'm heading up with the MKE Beer Barons so I might need to get away from those nerds and have a drink with some other nerds. HMU

Weekend highlights

Hoof Hearted- Did We Just Become Friends (Amarillo and simcoe)

Horus - Ospreys Next Catch

Central 28 - Currantly Blue

Wicked Barley - Not Affiliated

Playalinda - Pleasure Chest

Green Room - Count Shakula

Any good brew pubs near Brentwood Missouri?  I've got some business in St. Louis next week and I'll be shacked up in Brentwood for a few days.

I know St. Louis can get kind of shady, so any help you can provide in steering me toward a place where I don't have to be armed is appreciated.  

Any good brew pubs near Brentwood Missouri?  I've got some business in St. Louis next week and I'll be shacked up in Brentwood for a few days.

I know St. Louis can get kind of shady, so any help you can provide in steering me toward a place where I don't have to be armed is appreciated.  
I don’t know exactly where is is but I think the urban chestnut is definitely a good brewery from stl.  I think that’s what it’s called.  Something like that....

Weekend highlights

Hoof Hearted- Did We Just Become Friends (Amarillo and simcoe)

Horus - Ospreys Next Catch

Central 28 - Currantly Blue

Wicked Barley - Not Affiliated

Playalinda - Pleasure Chest

Green Room - Count Shakula
They brew some good stuff.

Recently had Brooklyn Pilsner, Brooklyn Lager, and Victory Homegrown Lager.  I really liked all of them.  I think I liked the Brooklyn Pilsner best.

Heading out of town for Labor Day and picked up three types from Aslin: Double Orange Starfish, Master of Oranges, and Oh Jackie Wilson.

Just opened up a Double Orange Starfish while packing. I can see why Beer Advocate has this as the top Virginia beer.

I don’t know exactly where is is but I think the urban chestnut is definitely a good brewery from stl.  I think that’s what it’s called.  Something like that....
Nice place!  In fact, St. Louis had a surprisingly excellent brew pub selection.  Visited quite a few.  There was a small place called Center Ice that had a nice stout on tap.  We stumbled out of there into Pappy's which was one heck of an outstanding BBQ joint.  I enjoyed STL quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread