What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

shuke said:
Anyone bought a treadmill at Costco?

Trying to find good reliable reviews for exercise equipment is about impossible.
So I did some digging - we got the Pro-Form 12-TT.  I'm not sure if they still sell it or not.  It has 2 drawbacks in my opinion - The deck is longer.  Might be a plus for some, but when it's folded up, it's TALL.  In our case, when it's folded up, it blocks the TV I installed in our gym from being seen from other equipment.  Boo.  Plus, I don't like the mechanism for locking/unlocking the treadmill.  The piston pivots out to lock.  It's about 2 feet off the ground.  Our 3year-old has nearly backed into it several times playing, which would unlock the deck and it would fall on him.  Unlikely to do major harm, but not something he'd enjoy.

Went for the first time on sunday. Spent 3+ hours and 3+ hundred there. 

So I bought diapers for my one year old. They should have fir, given the weight, but they dont. Will costco take back an open box of diapers?
When you get more experienced you will spend 300 in 30-40 minutes.

Bought a pumpkin pie and apple pie for Thanksgiving there yesterday.  They weigh 4lbs each.  Pumpkin was 5.99  Apple 9.99   They were giving samples of the apple and it was the best I ever tasted.  At a local bakery they would have been well over 20.00 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I did some digging - we got the Pro-Form 12-TT.  I'm not sure if they still sell it or not.  It has 2 drawbacks in my opinion - The deck is longer.  Might be a plus for some, but when it's folded up, it's TALL.  In our case, when it's folded up, it blocks the TV I installed in our gym from being seen from other equipment.  Boo.  Plus, I don't like the mechanism for locking/unlocking the treadmill.  The piston pivots out to lock.  It's about 2 feet off the ground.  Our 3year-old has nearly backed into it several times playing, which would unlock the deck and it would fall on him.  Unlikely to do major harm, but not something he'd enjoy.
I think they sell mostly Pro-Form brand.  I won't need to be folding ours up and down. Thanks

Went Monday at 2pm and there was not one parking spot. Insane.

I know this is a long shot, but has any one ever got a hearing aid from Costco?it's incredibly cheaper and want to know if quality is ok.

shuke said:
Anyone bought a treadmill at Costco?

Trying to find good reliable reviews for exercise equipment is about impossible.
I have not, but have a good Costco return story regarding an exercise bike I bought there about 10 years ago.  It was a spinning bike I rode hard for almost a year. One day, the handlebar bent slightly when I was standing up pounding the pedals. I didn't have the box or receipt - just the partially disassembled bike I wheeled into the store on one of their flatbed carts. No questions asked, full refund.

I have not, but have a good Costco return story regarding an exercise bike I bought there about 10 years ago.  It was a spinning bike I rode hard for almost a year. One day, the handlebar bent slightly when I was standing up pounding the pedals. I didn't have the box or receipt - just the partially disassembled bike I wheeled into the store on one of their flatbed carts. No questions asked, full refund.
that's pretty much the reason why ill be buying furniture , exercise equipment and non-large appliances/electronics from there

If you upgrade to the executive membership a few months after renewing at just the gold level, do your previous purchases for that annual cycle count toward the cash back?

I have always done the gold (only spend $1200-$1500/year, so not worth the upgrade) and just renewed a few months ago, but might get a $4-5k appliance package from them, so would make sense to upgrade first. 

Went Monday at 2pm and there was not one parking spot. Insane.

I know this is a long shot, but has any one ever got a hearing aid from Costco?it's incredibly cheaper and want to know if quality is ok.
:lol:    No joke.  I was shooting with a guy in Argentina last week who was raving about his new hearing aid that he got from Costco.  His ear doctor quoted him ~$6500 and he got one for ~$2500 from Costco.  I was half listening but the numbers are close. 

I picked up a 65" LG OLED TV last night for $2350--it included 2 years of warranty from Costco and 3 more from Squaretrade  which was free after the $90 rebate. 

:lol:    No joke.  I was shooting with a guy in Argentina last week who was raving about his new hearing aid that he got from Costco.  His ear doctor quoted him ~$6500 and he got one for ~$2500 from Costco.  I was half listening but the numbers are close. 
Those are similar numbers.  I was quoted $5500 when I got hearing test.  Costco looks around $1500.

Stopping by after work.  Only planning on getting paper towels, bottled water, and Zyrtec.  Shouldn't need more than $35.

I decided to explore how ridiculous I could get with the Costco return policy.  I bought a double pack of mustard and salsa, a triple pack of ketchup.  I took one bottle/jar of each out and took the rest back.

Costco person: "Is there anything wrong with these?"

Me :  Nope.

Costco person: refund or store credit?

Costco person proceeds to give me my store credit card and I go on my way.  So basically you can have free ketchup, mustard, salsa or anything else that is sold in those twin packs for free, forever.  Some say I'm a hero, but I don't see it that way.
Or until they cancel your membership.  Whichever one comes first.

Its busy as all hell during weekend lunch time, but the samples are the best.   Last saturday, they had crescent rolls, breakfast sausages, chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks and penne with rao's sauce.   Btw, I'm a big fan of the Victoria's sauce, but the Rao's is phenomenal.  I guess it better be for twice the price of the Victoria's.  

Getzlaf15 said:
chet said:
Those are similar numbers.  I was quoted $5500 when I got hearing test.  Costco looks around $1500.
In a similar line, I never gave a thought to contacts or glasses from Costco. It's roughly the same difference for those, paid 400 for my sons glasses last year. This year it was 30 at Costco. Last year for my contacts it was ~200 this year it was 14 at Costco for the exact same brand. I would definitely give them a try.

Getzlaf15 said:
@chet. Everyone must be going deaf here. I can get a hearing test until January 3.  
What? :lol:

I actually do have a ruptured left eardrum.  It's been perforated for ~20 years since I was in my mid-20s.  I've had countless in office treatments and two surgeries but apparently by eustachian tube doesn't function properly which has caused all procedures to fail.  

I'll second the recommendation (and the weird timing) of the hearing aids at Costco.  Just happened to be talking about this with my stepmother yesterday, when I found out she was wearing them (thank god), and she told me she'd gotten them for about half price there and was very happy with them.  She went to the regular audiologist first, but after seeing the price looked at other options and went to Costco, where they gave her exactly the same diagnosis but got the goods for so much less.

I'm a sucker for the refrigerated mashed potatoes....i know they're stupid easy to make from scratch, but these are so good

There was a shooting at my home Costco yesterday.

Off duty police officer who was shopping was luckily packing heat and thwarted a guy who walked in with a gun. This is the one we go to all the time. My neighbors were there maybe 10 minutes before this all went down.

Scary stuff.
:cry:  This is also my local store.  Been a regular there for so long I’ve gotten to know some of the staff just from being there a lot.  So fortunate it didn’t escalate into something much worse.

There was a shooting at my home Costco yesterday.

Off duty police officer who was shopping was luckily packing heat and thwarted a guy who walked in with a gun. This is the one we go to all the time. My neighbors were there maybe 10 minutes before this all went down.

Scary stuff.
:cry:  My local one, too.  Been a regular there for so long I’ve gotten to know some of the staff just from being there a lot.  So fortunate it didn’t escalate into something much worse.
Holy crap! Two in one day??

Went to Costco yesterday and they had Butterball turkeys on sale for .99 lb and a sign that said $10 taken off at the register. I ended up getting a 22.36 lb bird for $12.14. Wish I would have bought 2.

Went to Costco yesterday and they had Butterball turkeys on sale for .99 lb and a sign that said $10 taken off at the register. I ended up getting a 22.36 lb bird for $12.14. Wish I would have bought 2.
This is similar to the deal I got for an entire brisket a few months back. 17 pounds at 2 bucks per pound. Should have bought 4-5 instead of 2. 

Users who are viewing this thread