What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Cellular Provider for UW-Madison (1 Viewer)

MaxThreshold

Footballguy
We live in Milwaukee and my daughter goes to UW-Madison and we currently have T-Mobile as our provider.  The service is absolutely HORRENDOUS.  She'll send me text messages and I won't get them for 45 minutes sometimes.  Sometimes it's even much longer - as in hours longer.  She sent 10 text messages at 8am this morning and I got slammed with all of them at about noon today. 

Sometimes she can't send or receive phone calls from her dorm the service is so bad.  Using WiFi sometimes helps but she says the WiFi itself is also pretty bad in her dorm.  It's very frustrating to always get her voice mail when I call, which is not that often.

Needless to say, I'll be searching for a new phone provider.  So I'm looking for advice from anyone who lives in Madison and/or has family that goes to Madison and what provider you use that provides you great service - where you can actually send/receive a text and phone call almost immediately.  I appreciate any and all advice.  TIA!

I highly recommend Project Fi - it uses Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular towers as well as wi-fi - whichever is strongest.

I highly recommend Project Fi - it uses Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular towers as well as wi-fi - whichever is strongest.
I did look into that too, but I have two family members that will not give up their iPhones without a fight.  Myself and my daughter are Android, though.

Live in Fitchburg work in Middleton and spend a bunch of time downtown.  Never have a problem with US cellular.

US Cellular is the best in WI and the upper midwest for that matter - minus Chicago. 

Verizon is a close second.  If she'll mainly be in the cities and not in rural areas - then Verizon is fine, but otherwise, you won't beat US Cellular. 

I want to thank everyone for their input.  It's been very helpful.  Looks like my choices are going to be Verizon or US Cellular.

I am on Google Fi and noted that my phone was using US Cellular when I was at a conference in Madison on Friday. The phone is supposed to switch to the strongest signal among USC, T-Mobile and Sprint.  Somewhat surprisingly, its on T-Mobile most often in Milwaukee. I expected US Cellular would dominate once it joined the Fi network, but that's not been case.

Users who are viewing this thread