What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Transgender People - The Basics (1 Viewer)

Now I'm a bigot? Okay, pal. Thanks for staying objective and not hurling insults.

Par the course for the left. I don't agree, so I must be a bad person. It's funny that you call me a bigot when you're the one so clearly intolerant of opposing views.

Thanks for exposing yourself, guy. I don't think you're a bad person, just misguided.
You literally posted that I'm trying to poison the world.  I haven't been intolerant of your view.  You're welcome to say whatever you'd like.  I posted an article you refused to read and you insulted me for a page and a half.  You're intolerant of my viewpoint of inclusion of scientific evidence even being posted on a message board.  That's fine, but it's pretty textbook "bigot."

If you actually cared you would keep an open mind until you did research on the topic, met kids, teens and adults who are transgendered. You would listen to the families of transgendered people. Instead you are just ignoring anything you don’t like and running your mouth like you are an expert. Spare me.
I literally told you I would pray for your nephew. Do you not want me to do that?

I don't know if Stuart Ullman is ignorant, a troll, or in a deep panic about his own feelings that he's trying to deny.

I also don't know who is forcing their child into a gender identity. Stuart, I want you to imagine a typical 11-year-old boy. Maybe yourself at that age. What if your parents suddenly told you that you had to go by a girl's name, wear girls' clothing to school, and live your life as a girl. Is there any boy in the world that could be coerced into doing that? 

I don't think so. Any yet some boys feel compelled to take those actions, often at great hardship to themselves and their families. Are you saying that they truly don't have those feelings? Or are you saying that they have those feelings, but those feelings should be ignored and rejected because, well, because why? Because you don't like them? 

I don't know if Stuart Ullman is ignorant, a troll, or in a deep panic about his own feelings that he's trying to deny.
He is Eminence. That should help you understand. Can we stop acting like his opinion is anything close to intellectually honest? He has posted horrid things here over the years and isn't growing more educated--because he doesn't read the material he comments on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we were talking about my niece so...

I'm sure you know this, but it's a tactic of bigots to do this. To not refer to a person as their chosen gender or even name, on purpose, as an excercize in power and childish bullying. It's also a defense mechanism to prevent a single step being taken toward admitting they may be wrong. 

I'm sure you know this, but it's a tactic of bigots to do this. To not refer to a person as their chosen gender or even name, on purpose, as an excercize in power and childish bullying. It's also a defense mechanism to prevent a single step being taken toward admitting they may be wrong. 
I’m not going to even get into anything that broad. I’m just talking to someone. 

I’m not going to even get into anything that broad. I’m just talking to someone. 
I understand, wasn't trying to ramp the discussion up to an unintended intensity. But people who say the things Eminence has said over the years don't respect pronouns or anything like that--and it's not an honest mistake. He thinks he's doing something heroic in reclaiming a trans person's "real" gender by only acknowledging it, in his mind. It's a well-documented tactic in these types of discussions. 

I have no idea why @Joe Bryant hasn't banned the Stuart Ullman alias yet. He's a terrible person in every thread he's in, and page 4 of this one is yet another example.
I'm not a terrible person. The world has differing views, that's called America. I didn't know that we are only allowed to discuss one side of the issue.

There are 3x more MTF than FTM. The suicide rates of transgenders is ridiculously high. These are issues that need to be discussed.

If my kid thought he was a girl, I would tell him he's not. I wouldn't call him a girl or change his name. I would encourage him to embrace who he is and then sign him up for football.

Call me old school. But I shouldn't be banned because I don't agree that changing a kid's gender before they have a fully developed brain is the right thing to do. Disagree if you want, this is America and you're trying to suppress free speech.

The world ain't all puppy dogs and rainbows. Common sense over what society tells you is "right". Don't allow yourself to be bullied.

I understand, wasn't trying to ramp the discussion up to an unintended intensity. But people who say the things Eminence has said over the years don't respect pronouns or anything like that--and it's not an honest mistake. He thinks he's doing something heroic in reclaiming a trans person's "real" gender by only acknowledging it, in his mind. It's a well-documented tactic in these types of discussions. 
All good. I get it. Trust me, I get it.

He’s fine in the fantasy football threads. We get along just fine there.
I surmise we get along here just fine, too. I don't dislike anyone here besides Henry Ford who says that I'm not worth discussing things with.

We can agree to disagree, then move on. It's as simple as that.

I have no idea why @Joe Bryant hasn't banned the Stuart Ullman alias yet. He's a terrible person in every thread he's in, and page 4 of this one is yet another example.

I have faith they'll get this one right eventually. In the Kavanaugh thread, Joe or a mod stated broadly that on this board, we won't trash or disbelieve sexual assault victims, etc. Eventually topics like this will be afforded similar defense against hatred and ignorance, in the same way that open racism and sexism gets you banned. As a group humans are slow to shift societal norms, but once we do we tend to do it pretty thoroughly in the public space. For instance, this thread would read a lot differently 6-8 years ago. Hell, the Jenner thread at the time read a lot differently and I was in there trying to spread some of the thoughts that even more conservative middle aged dudes are saying so easily now, like it's obvious. There was a time when it wasn't, even on these boards. And it wasn't long ago.

I'm not a terrible person. The world has differing views, that's called America. I didn't know that we are only allowed to discuss one side of the issue.

There are 3x more MTF than FTM. The suicide rates of transgenders is ridiculously high. These are issues that need to be discussed.

If my kid thought he was a girl, I would tell him he's not. I wouldn't call him a girl or change his name. I would encourage him to embrace who he is and then sign him up for football.

Call me old school. But I shouldn't be banned because I don't agree that changing a kid's gender before they have a fully developed brain is the right thing to do. Disagree if you want, this is America.
I really want to come back to this. It’s frhday though and I’m drinking with my wife so I may never, but there’s things I want to address here. 

I surmise we get along here just fine, too. I don't dislike anyone here besides Henry Ford who says that I'm not worth discussing things with.

I said you're not worth it for him to discuss this topic with. If you're going to be passive aggressive, at least be accurate.

It’s slightly more complicated than that because you are talking some real #### about me and more importantly my family.

Call me old school. But I shouldn't be banned because I don't agree that changing a kid's gender before they have a fully developed brain is the right thing to do. Disagree if you want, this is America and you're trying to suppress free speech.
I wonder if the two thoughts of yours that I bolded are linked? Hmmm.

Also, you don't have "free speech" here. Not the way you misunderstand it. 

It’s slightly more complicated than that because you are talking some real #### about me and more importantly my family.
I'm not talking crap about your family. If it was my kid, I would handle it differently.

Believe me, I'm not a bad guy. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family. Your "niece" is in for a rough lifetime and like I've stated before, I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

What you do has no bearing on my life. It's America. But when you bring "her" into the conversation, you bring "her" life under the magnifying glass.

I wonder if the two thoughts of yours that I bolded are linked? Hmmm.

Also, you don't have "free speech" here. Not the way you misunderstand it. 
Yep, it's my fault. I've never met a transgender person and if I do, I would go out of my way to ignore them because I know the interaction wouldn't be pleasant.

But yep, I'm the reason they commit suicide. Not the fact that there's something abnormal with their brain or they don't have a natural fit into society.

The guy who respects them enough to ignore them is the reason, got it.

Yep, it's my fault. I've never met a transgender person and if I do, I would go out of my way to ignore then because I know the interaction wouldn't be pleasant.

But yep, I'm the reason they commit suicide. Not the fact that there's something abnormal with their brain or they don't have a natural fit into society.

The guy who respects them enough to ignore them is the reason, got it.

You're so close to a breakthrough here in the way you see the world, or at least you could be, with the way your hand is being held through it all. But your combination of ignorance and stubbornness prevents it. It's sad. You don't even realize how revealing your posts are, where your own blindspots are. 

Let me carefully walk you through it:

You said trans people have high suicide rates. They do. 

Then in a later paragraph you unironically said that if YOU were the parent of a trans person, you'd deny it and force them to fit your definition of their identity. 

Now think REALLY hard here and try to connect those two thoughts. Do you think maybe lots of trans kids have parents like what you described, and that along with many other societal pressures (which you also do a beautiful job representing here, saying you could and would never interact with a trans person because you ignore them to avoid unpleasantness) causes a higher suicide rate? Huh.

You are like a spoof of yourself at this point. 

The world ain't all puppy dogs and rainbows. Common sense over what society tells you is "right". Don't allow yourself to be bullied.
Typical strategy of the left.

If you disagree you are a bigot.

Irony at its finest that the same people who science shame anyone who doesn't agree that man made global warming is going to destroy the planet in 12 years will also claim that 5 year olds are capable of determining their sex/gender.

I have no problem is someone wants to change their sex/gender after they are an adult.

Putting ideas, or worse hormones and surgical procedures into a child though is nothing short of child/sexual abuse and should be treated as such.

Irony at its finest that the same people who science shame anyone who doesn't agree that man made global warming is going to destroy the planet in 12 years will also claim that 5 year olds are capable of determining their sex/gender.

I have no problem is someone wants to change their sex/gender after they are an adult.

Putting ideas, or worse hormones and surgical procedures into a child though is nothing short of child/sexual abuse and should be treated as such.
Agreed. Again, I understand this is a touchy subject which is why nobody should get upset when someone disagrees.

It's like discussing abortion or religion. There are going to be disagreements and ignoring the other side and calling them names, gets nobody closer to anything.

You know what you're getting into before the conversation even begins.

I haven't seen anyone say "if you disagree you are a bigot."

If you disagree with the article I posted, you're potentially a science denier, and that may be based on bigotry, but we haven't gotten to that point because no one who disagrees has thus far bothered to read the article to my knowledge.

You're so close to a breakthrough here in the way you see the world, or at least you could be, with the way your hand is being held through it all. But your combination of ignorance and stubbornness prevents it. It's sad. You don't even realize how revealing your posts are, where your own blindspots are. 

Let me carefully walk you through it:

You said trans people have high suicide rates. They do. 

Then in a later paragraph you unironically said that if YOU were the parent of a trans person, you'd deny it and force them to fit your definition of their identity. 

Now think REALLY hard here and try to connect those two thoughts. Do you think maybe lots of trans kids have parents like what you described, and that along with many other societal pressures (which you also do a beautiful job representing here, saying you could and would never interact with a trans person because you ignore them to avoid unpleasantness) causes a higher suicide rate? Huh.

You are like a spoof of yourself at this point. 
Oh, I'm sure it sucks. But to blame society for not accepting the person isn't fair. There is something abnormal with their brain to begin with.

Because of that, I'd much rather not rule out that as being the cause of suicide. Does the fact that they have no natural fit into society help? No, no it doesn't.

But that doesn't mean I should have to interact with them to make them feel better. Next thing you know, if I refused to go on a date with one, I'd be a bigot.

It's a slippery slope, when in my opinion many of then could live normal lives without transitioning. You know, like we did 50+ years ago. Instead now, we give them "help" and they end up killing themselves. It's not fruitful.

Also, thank you for engaging in honest conversation with me. I do appreciate it instead of immediately invalidating my opinion.

Oh, I'm sure it sucks. But to blame society for not accepting the person isn't fair. There is something abnormal with their brain to begin with.
Or there is something abnormal with their body. Or that isn't it at all. For someone who isn't interested in the science, you sure have a lot of confidence in your understanding of the science. Do you feel this way about gay people? Bisexual? I bring that up because those are groups who until not too long ago most suffered the same comments you make here, and many still do.

How about people with mental disorders or physical limitations, which isn't related to this other than your use of the term "abnormal" in regards to their brains. 

Does the fact that they have no natural fit into society help? No, no it doesn't.
They don't? Why not? According to who?

But that doesn't mean I should have to interact with them to make them feel better.
It's insane how casually you drop stuff like this. It's one sentence but it's way too much to even address, realistically. This is the door even I'm too weary to open right now, despite adressing everything else. 

Next thing you know, if I refused to go on a date with one, I'd be a bigot.
Do you generally feel pressured by society to date women you don't find yourself attracted to or interested in, with consequences otherwise?

Back when I was dating, I wouldn't date anyone with a huge forehead.  Really bothered me, and I just couldn't get past it.

I don't think anyone would insist that I could refuse to date women with huge foreheads but I had to agree to date women with a penis.

Back when I was dating, I wouldn't date anyone with a huge forehead.  Really bothered me, and I just couldn't get past it.

I don't think anyone would insist that I could refuse to date women with huge foreheads but I had to agree to date women with a penis.
I'm glad this was your response. I once had a guy on here call me racist because I'm only interested in white women.

@ConnSKINS26not ignoring you . Just at the gym and can't type out a lengthy reply between super sets. ?

Will revisit later, assuming my dissenting opinion hasn't given me the ban hammer.

It's a slippery slope, when in my opinion many of then could live normal lives without transitioning. You know, like we did 50+ years ago. Instead now, we give them "help" and they end up killing themselves. It's not fruitful.
How many random suicides in the past do you think are trans people whose deaths hid among the statistics because coming out wasn't really an option and they couldn't cope? I bet there's plenty. Trans kids today have much better support systems and a much more realistic path to happiness, fulfillment, and a healthy self-esteem. That doesn't mean it's easy or anywhere near ideal, obviously. Just better. 

This is like saying "why can't we just go back to the way it was 50+ years ago when way less men were being arrested for domestic violence", as if that means it was happening less. 

I'm glad this was your response. I once had a guy on here call me racist because I'm only interested in white women.

@ConnSKINS26not ignoring you . Just at the gym and can't type out a lengthy reply between super sets. ?

Will revisit later, assuming my dissenting opinion hasn't given me the ban hammer.
Your dissenting opinion will never get you banned unless the opinion itself is pretty horrifying.  The way you treat people while you express it might.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender identity. It is a mental disorder since the brain is not lined up with their biology. Not sure how you connect them without transitioning, at least for those who want to. And for those who do, it seems to give them a sense of normalcy. I can't imagine growing up with that kind of confusion.
There are people who believe homosexuality is a mental disorder as well.

That's better...although they may be right.
It’s possible.  The older I get the less I care.  

So what if any of this is a mental disorder? If it is, it’s a mental disorder no worse in and of itself than believing in rally caps for baseball games or that Satan is literally acting through people or that the keto diet is a healthy long term solution or marathon running is a good idea.   And I certainly agree with avoiding surgical solutions until adulthood, but that’s the case already.  People have to live in the real world as they really are.  The goal of parenting in my opinion is to get kids to adulthood with as many options as possible available to them. Depression, anxiety, and suicide remove a lot more options than wearing dresses and makeup. You play the hand you’re dealt. 

You really aren't helping the situation with this and I wish it could be left out of the conversation. 

Because of that, I'd much rather not rule out that as being the cause of suicide. Does the fact that they have no natural fit into society help? No, no it doesn't.

But that doesn't mean I should have to interact with them to make them feel better. Next thing you know, if I refused to go on a date with one, I'd be a bigot.

Also, thank you for engaging in honest conversation with me. I do appreciate it instead of immediately invalidating my opinion.
I think you should re-examine just about every stance in this post. It's so cruel to directly compare going on a date with someone and interacting with someone. Also, you clearly are saying someone's happiness is less important to you than you being comfortable with them being "normal". 

No worries if you don't date people with large foreheads, but if you didn't want to interact with them than I would say you were a total #######. 

E Street:

Saw you in another thread and remembered this discussion.  I ran across an article today from Nature I hadn't seen in a couple years that was really on point on this issue and thought you'd find it interesting.

https://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943
Makes a much better case for you then the first article, that actually was the opposite of your view, 

I'm not even going to try and pretend that I understand genetic science.  But......

I can understand from the article how a twin embryo could be formed. That is something that makes sense to to me. The other thing that makes sense could be the presence of different DNA that sits on the XX or XY chromosome. To me that would explain as the article pointed why there is a size difference in genatilla. Same as height or hair color. So I understand your's and other reluctance to say that there are only 2 genders. It would be like saying there are only to heights. Tall or Short. 

However even with this sliding scale you are scientifically XX female with ovaries or XY with testies. The sliding scale explains hormonal differences that can lead to feminine types of males [who may or may not be bi or homosexuals] or masculine women with facial hair/ [who may or may not turn into bi or homosexuals] 

I read this study as different shades of the same hair color. 

The problem arises in the rules society.  Does the strawberry blond use the Red headed or the blond bathroom. What if they were black haired bleached to blond? What does the poor bald headed guy to do? 

To me, most of our countries problems and division come down to "Political Correctness"  The biggest problem with it is right there in the first word. It's "Political" and so many people just don't see that. I remember being a young adult in the mid-80's when I first heard the term. "Being PC" Hell I was on board. I didn't want want hurt anyone or be mean. it seemed the polite thing to do. Not ######, mentally challenged. Not handicapped, handicapable.  Only after I matured and started to think as an individual  did I understand that being "PC" was a progressive trick to control the language. As a matter of fact as I right this,  I believe my pivot point on this was watching a George Carlin routine.  

It's all BS. Look at the American First thread. we are ripping each other apart over BS and whataboutism. I dove into it over gay marriage debate not that long ago. I dont care how people live the or protecting the sanctity of marriage. I don't think the government should even be in the marriage business. 

The war over language control is what's driving this hate. The left has been winning this war, but its led to Trump. The pendulum has swung back. The left is trying desperately to hold the ground its gained. The right is giving up their values and principles to push back. Why. Because it feels good. 

Sorry for going off track with the rant, I would have started a new thread. but i'm no Tim 

We are, but you act like a know-it-all while and seem to refuse to read something that might contradict your opinion. You seem to have your mind totally made up despite having never interacted with people of the community. It's America so you can do that, but it's a trash approach. 

Agreed. 

It gets a lot deeper than that. It wasn't so easy for us to explain all this to a 5 year old who was dead certain she got a penis by mistake. Despite your repeated reference to the TV, she wasn't watching much TV. The family had no cable, 1 TV that the kids were barely allowed to use. She had super hardcore parents that didn't allow much  TV . Maybe the organic veggies did it? Plus she was born an identical twin so obviously here whole life she was raised in the most direct possible contact with a male.

I am not saying you should be banned. I am saying you should recognize you are not an expert on the issue. Not by a mile. So stop acting so high and mighty. Lose the dramatics. Be nice. Realize this is a sensitive topic to people. This has absolutely nothing to do with our Freedom of Speech, GTFO. If the government tries to penalize you for expressing this POV, send me an @ and I will defend you. Also, my niece's great grandmother is 90+ years old, she was raised in SW Detroit. Never missed a Sunday of Church in her life. Worked at Willow Run- the Ypsilanti, Michigan factory that built the B-24 Bombers that won World War 2. She is old school, not you. And she says the Lord never mistakes. That includes our bodies and our minds. She has accepted her niece unwaveringly. It'a not old school to be crass. It's just crass. 

It's not all guard dogs and lightning strike either. Common sense is what society tells you is "right." Also don't allow yourself to be a bully. 

Users who are viewing this thread