What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (2 Viewers)

I'll organise and do it and seems we have enough to get it going but I feel bad for hijacking the music draft so hopefully we can have some sort of parallel draft?
It's cool. I am in. Now, how do we turn a summerpalooza alpha omega fantasy football league parallel music draft into reality?

It's cool. I am in. Now, how do we turn a summerpalooza alpha omega fantasy football league parallel music draft into reality?
Two drafts in one thread, with some people in only one draft and not the other and some people in the other and not the one and some people in both and some people in neither sounds like so much chaos that we basically have to do it IMO. 

Two drafts in one thread, with some people in only one draft and not the other and some people in the other and not the one and some people in both and some people in neither sounds like so much chaos that we basically have to do it IMO. 
2 drafts + 1 thread = cluster ****

Have we ever had an Album cover draft?  It would add a visual component.  I guess we could do categories or covers?  Then you pick one song off the album?  I don't know just trying to muddy the waters.  But I'm down for anything, maybe.
Has there been a music video draft yet?  Or would that be old hat.

I'm up for both drafts, whether in one thread or two. 

I'm going to have nothing but time on my hands and would volunteer to try and control the chaos. Hope you play along.
I'm thinking

DRAFT A - 20 round Fantasy Football draft - rules and precise setup to be determined.

DRAFT B - 20 round Everything else we've talked about in here, set up to mimic the position scarcity of the fantasy football draft.

• 6 "songs of summer" selections - 1 each from 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s
  • 5 "music that shaped me" selections 
  • @Eephus unstated classic rock shtick selections - this can be swapped out if it doesn't fit the shtick
  • 4 alpha/omega selections - they can be based on any songs taken in the first 3 rounds (from any of the above categories)
  • 1 song related to football in anyway - this can easily allow the football neutral or anti-football folks to shtick it up.
...all in the same thread

What is that?
One of Eephus' zany ideas in this thread :lol: . Basically, you choose any two songs that are already drafted (by anyone) in the early rounds of the draft, and you find a way to link one to the other by selecting 4 other songs of your own choosing. I think... the proponents of it can possibly explain it better.

I'm thinking

DRAFT A - 20 round Fantasy Football draft - rules and precise setup to be determined.

DRAFT B - 20 round Everything else we've talked about in here, set up to mimic the position scarcity of the fantasy football draft.

• @Eephus unstated classic rock shtick selections - this can be swapped out if it doesn't fit the shtick
  • 4 alpha/omega selections - they can be based on any songs taken in the first 3 rounds (from any of the above categories)
  • 1 song related to football in anyway - this can easily allow the football neutral or anti-football folks to shtick it up.
This sounds like it is going to take months. I am in.

What is that?

One of Eephus' zany ideas in this thread :lol: . Basically, you choose any two songs that are already drafted (by anyone) in the early rounds of the draft, and you find a way to link one to the other by selecting 4 other songs of your own choosing. I think... the proponents of it can possibly explain it better.
If you say yes I’ll explain it later and i promise you will like it. 

I'm thinking

Needs more dice :oldunsure:

You know they call them killer whales
But you seemed surprised when it pinned you down
To the bottom of the tank, where you can't turn around
It took half your leg and both your lungs
When I craved I ate hearts of sharks, I know you know it

Yeah I think I can do this if there's still room, it's free right?

No prefs on league stuff, do it your way and don't look back novs

We'll take the ball, and we're gonna score!

Your sister thinks that I'm a freak
She's been ignoring my calls, we haven't spoken in a week
I get so drunk that I can't speak
Yeah, nothing's working and the future's looking bleak

Watch me bulldoze every bulldozer away
Each new obstacle from each old new day
Where it's going, it's hard for me to say

And shoot me down
And bring me down
But I won't be around
As you run through the places you love
I remember the faces that cry